JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith? How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

EVERYWHERE, in all countries where there are people living a godly life and have accepted Jesus as their Savour and testify of God, are being persecuted for not going with the flow of the ways of the world.

The book of Revelation is the message from Jesus Christ to His Church in which He outlines the climax of human history, and is a comfort in our trials, with assurance of rest for us who love God. :wub::)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith? How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

All countries in all continents suffer persecution but not all of it physical. Physical persecution appears mostly in eastern countries and derision is seen mostly in the west. The Book of Revelation is a comfort to all in that Jesus has shown that glory follows sufferings. This is depicted as early as the Book of Exodus when the Israelites experienced the Promised Land after the Egyptian persecution and wilderness experience.

• 1 month later...

"I am not certain if there isn't a country where Christians aren't being persecuted, it may be different degrees of persecution and some much worse than others. But even in the culture of the USA, I see persecution or forms of punishment, not being allowed to carry our witness into the public sector, our workplace, our schools, etc. If we do, we are subject to some form of punishment, not death necessarily, but loss of jobs, expelled from schools, etc."

Revelation,,,reveals to us why we should overcome, what is in store for those who endure to the end. It reveals a new heaven and new earth, one of peace, free from evil and persecution. It reveals a light that never goes out, a loving Christ and a Father who never leaves or forsakes us.

Agape, Durable ;)

• 3 weeks later...

In America we face some slight tribulations because of peer pressure and lately from oue own government as they try to do away with anything regarding God or his Word. There are other countries such as North Korea and the countries of the Middle East and Africa where to stand up for The Lord means loss of freedom, family or even life itself. Revelation shows that all that has to be faced in this world has been overcome by Christ the King. Hallelujah!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith?

There are many countries where Christians are persecuted to some degree or another. Many Asian nations, African Nations, certainly the Middle East, and to some small extent, even the U.S.A.

How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

It reaffirms that if we accept and believe in Christ that we will be protected ultimately and be accepted by the Father. Our rewards as Christians are not worldly, and we must keep the faith during all earthly onslaughts. If we do that, the promise is for eternal reward, and that is the ultimate encouragement in troubling times.

• 1 month later...

I don't believe there isn't a country that isn't being persecution. I believe some are being treated worse than others though.

I do believe that the Book of Revelation can give us all that believe in Jesus a sense of peace and assurance during our hardships. Just knowing that God loves us so much that He gave us a look at what is to come makes everything more bearable.

• 2 months later...

THERE ARE MANY CHRISTIANS OVER SEA IN THE ASIAN COUNTRIES WHERE THE IS ALOT OF BUDDISM. THERE ARE ALSO PEOPLE IN LIKE IRAN, IRAQ, WHERE THE IS ALOT OF ISLAM, WHEN THE PEOPLE READ THE BOOK OF REVELATION WE KNOW THAT WHAT WE SUFFER FOR THE LOVE OF OUR SAVIOR WILL BE REWARDED TO US IN HEAVEN THEN HERE ON EARTH WHEN JESUS RETURNS TO IT. IF JESUS WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO SUFFER FOR US WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUFFER FOR JESUS BECAUSE IF WE ARENT WILLING TO SUFFER FOR HIM THEN WE ARE THINKING WE ARE BETTER THEN HIM AND WE ARENT.

• 3 weeks later...

In China, Africa are mainly the places of persecution, Soviet Union was.

Sweden, pastors cant preach whats in the Bible.

Jesus's promises are wonderful, if we keep strong and faithful until the end

[

[/color][/size][/font]

Question 1:Revelation is Written to encourage and strengthen a church facing intense persecution.

Why is the theme of testimony and witness so important to that purpose?

(a) Jesus wants the churches and people to be prepared for future events.

Satan is taking over and he is the man of lies, he'll persecute and kill Christians for their beliefs, and not bowing or worshiping him.

Jesus wants his people to be saved from these events. He wants his people to love and trust him.

(B) How is Jesus "faithful "(1:5)supposed to encourage us?

God became human and went through what we went through and know how we feel.

© Our Peers, afraid of what people will think. People are getting meaner.

(ATTITUDES)

Question 2:What does(1:8) tell us about the Father?

The Father is the speaker here in (1:8) and in (21:6). But Jesus is the speaker in (1:17) and (22:12-13). What is the significance of this for our understanding of who Jesus is?

(a) God was always.... The Great I am..... Our Saviour.....Our Lord... Our King

Forever and Forever.

(B) Jesus died and was ressurected , our hope and salvation. He was the first.

It is my opinion that Christians are suffering tribulation/persecution almost everywhere, including the United States. It isn't blatant, but is more insidious...one by one, Christians are losing their rights. No prayer in school, symbols of Christianity being removed from the public places in which they've been for decades...I could go on. The sad part, is that it's the minority who are taking these things away from us, because we don't speak out.

The book of Revelations encourages us, in that it tells us that there will be a whole new world, where Jesus (and those who love Him) will live for all eternity. It gives us all something to look forward to...something to hope for.

• 4 weeks later...

Christians are experiencing persecution in the commonly understood meaning of the term, "persecution" in:

Afghanistan, Cyprus, Maldives Sri Lanka, Algeria, Egypt, Mauritania, Sudan, Azerbaijan, Equatorial Guinea, Morocco, Syria, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Myanmar (Burma), Tajikistan, Bhutan India, Nepal, Tibet (China), Brunei, Indonesia, Nigeria, Tunisia, Chechnya Iran, North Korea, Turkey, Chiapas, Iraq, Oman, Turkmenistan, China Kuwait, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, Colombia Laos Qatar Uzbekistan, Comoro Islands, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Cuba, Malaysia, Somalia, Yemen and some others.

Voice of the Martyrs is an interdenominational organization working with Christians around the world who are being persecuted for their faith in Christ. They work in the above nations. For more information on the persecuted Church, the VOM ministry, or how you can support Christians in persecuted nations, visit http://www.persecution.com.

A friend at my church told me about VOM and spoke about persecuted Christians during our prayer and fasting services in January. A representative from this ministry will be doing a presentation for my church, located in Hyattsville, Md. in the coming weeks. (contact me if you are nearby and want to come and learn about what's going on with persecuted Christians and how you can help.)

Though many argue that all Christians are being persecuted, there is a very real difference between the fear of getting laughed at because of your faith at work and the fear of being killed because you have been caught meeting with other Christians or studying your Bible. There is a difference between even being threatened to stop distributing tracks at a mall or other location or recieve a fine or so threatened by your govt, other religious groups, or local militias that you are holding church at underground, secret locations, sometimes in small closets, dark basements, or attics because you can be imprisoned or flogged as a result of your faith.

Many people named whole continents as places in which Christians are being perecuted. I think it's important to be specific and pray for people in these specific countries. For example, many named Africa, a continent with 54 nations, although Christians in most of these countries are not undergoing persecution as a result of their faith. Christians are persecuted particularly in Northern Africa and about 3 or 4 countries in the East and West -- whereas in many other nations, many people are Christian and practice their faith very openly. When I was in Ghana (in West Africa) and Kenya (in Eastern Africa), I was surprised to see that Christians here are much more open than many in the U.S. for example it is common to see businesses with names such as Christ is All Hair Salon and John 3:16 Grocery Store.

I think that Revelation encourages Christians who are persecuted by 1) showing them that they are following Christ because Christ is persecuted. As Jesus says, what they did to me, they will also do to you. 2) That the persecution Christians receive can not compare to the despair and trouble brought on by not acknowledging Christ as Lord and 3) encouraging Christians in persecuted nations that they can make an important impact even in their state of persecution. I.E. John writes the book of Revelation from exile as a persecuted Christian and look at the lasting impact of the book and many that read it and as a result come to Christ, come to understand God better, or are encouraged. Even in a persecuted condition, don't give up, even after your death, many can come to Christ as a result of your work and testimony.

Verses for the road:

Yes, all who want to live a good life in Christ Jesus will be troubled by other people. 2 Timothy 3:12 (Worldwide English Version)
2Let us keep looking to Jesus. He is the author of faith. He also makes it perfect. He paid no attention to the shame of the cross. He suffered there because of the joy he was looking forward to. Then he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3He put up with attacks from sinners. So think about him. Then you won't get tired. You won't lose hopeHebrews 12:2-3 (New International Reader's Version.)

• 3 weeks later...

Persecution can take place everywhere and does. I just read an article about 2 Chinese women who were beaten to death for covertly sharing the Christian faith. Some women from our church went on a missions trip to France where it is illegal to talk to people about God and to try and convert people. In our own country under the guise of political correctness, one can say just about anything they want and people are accused to being a bigot if they disagree except when it comes to religious views. Then we need to beware that if we express views that hurt someone's feelings, then WE are the bigots!! Crazy. I work on a crisis pyschiatric unit as a mental health therapist and we are not allowed to talk about spirituality unless the patient brings it up first. This is a huge disservice, I feel, because I see a lack of spiritual health in many of these people who would otherwise benefit a great deal from allowing God in to help and heal.

The Christians that are being persecuted today are any country that is of the Muslim faith. You are not even allowed to carry a bible in some of these countries. They lose everything their families disown them and all there possessions are taken away from them. The comfort they can receive is that there will be no more tears or death or pain when Christ returns and we can live each day for Jesus as he can return at any moment and we must witness for this lost world.

• 5 months later...

REVELATION

Chapter 3

"Revelation to the Seven Churches Continued."

Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sar'-dis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead."

Sardis was the ancient capital of Lydia, and as such, attracted merchant and commercial activity from all parts of Asia. Traditions were common and many. The "seven Spirits" mentioned here are those possessed by our Lord Jesus Christ. See the notes on verse 1:4. The "seven stars" are the angels overseeing the seven churches.

This church is dead, with no spiritual life left in it. Their religious service has become nothing but a form, a process to be followed, usually within a church system.

Revelation 3:2 "Be watchful, and strengthen [stablish] the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect [found no works of thine fulfilled] before God."

This church is in trouble with God. They are dead because they are so far from the truth of God's Word that they don't even understand even the simple terms of the Bible. Words such as Passover, salvation, sin, repentance and so on, just don't fit in their Sunday morning sermons.

Historically, this church at Sardis was strong in the worship to "Cybele" [the mother of the gods], also called "Ishtar". Do you remember her? Well God despised Ishtar, and many churches today get this heathen worship all mixed up in their Christianity. They call it "Easter", and use it instead of "Passover".

This church of Sardis forgot all about "Passover", However the fertility rights of rolling Easter eggs to Ishtar became a sacred and holy thing; something special at Easter. It is one of the tradition practiced today which ties many churches to the church at Sardis.

Does this right enter into any church you are aware of?

Sexual orgies also took place during the egg rolling times, however today most churches have cleaned up their act, and Christianized their heathen customs and holidays. The Sardis church also practiced Sunday morning sunrise services to honor the rising of the sun, in their sun god worship, also relating to Ishtar practices. By redefining words and acts, this practice has become traditional, so its a way of hanging on to the heathen customs of the past, and soothing our minds to convince ourselves that it is unto the Lord. Its like a Muslim becoming a Christian, and continuing to bow to Mecca, only now he has changed the word "Allah" to "Jesus", and he thinks that it's all okay with God.

The church at Sardis never offended anyone, even the Sodomites and those in other strange practices were patronized; so as not to offend anyone who desired to worship with them. The Sardis church believed everyone has the right to worship in their own way. Spiritually, Sardis is dead to the Almighty Father. Do you know of any churches that fit this description of Sardis?

Revelation 3:3 "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon you."

Jesus is telling Sardis and any church that is in a pattern to the church of Sardis; to repent and come out of their sin. We are living in the final days and the "hour of temptation" is well under-way. If you remain in a church continuing to practice as Sardis did, you are in trouble when Satan arrives on earth to rule as the Antichrist. Sardis is spiritually brain dead, and God will not revive her.

Jesus is giving those in this church a stern warning before it is to late, get out!.

Revelation 3:4 "Thou hast a few names even in Sar'-dis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy."

Even in this filth trap of a church called "Sardis", God has a few that understand and study His word and follow the truth. If you can make it in a church like Sardis, you have much going for you in the eyes of our Lord. Many through marriage are trapped into remaining in such a church, and God is with them and will bless them.

Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

When you hold true to God's Word while in Sardis, Jesus said that He will call out your name when you stand before our Heavenly Father, as one of His own. What joy to the believer who overcomes out of Sardis. Your "white garments" are made up of your righteous acts, and thank God for each of these dear souls.

Revelation 3:6 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Do you understand that these are the seven types of churches that Jesus is calling your attention to that exist in the latter days? Remember, there are only two of them that our Lord calls His own? The first was the church at Smyrna; the church which knew all about the "Kenites", and were not deceived by them. The second church that our Lord called His own, is the next; the church of Philadelphia.

Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Phil-a-del-phi-a write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Jesus Christ has only good words to say about the Philadelphia church. It is important for us to understand this verse. This church of Philadelphia held the "key of David". They knew who the "Kenites" were, thus they were able to understand all truths [hidden manna] of God's Word. That "key of David" allowed them to unlock all doors of deception laid before them by any man, and that includes Satan, or his offspring [the Kenites].

Philadelphia was and is a church of love and charity, and full of understand of all wisdom and truth in God's Word. Philadelphia's faith is made real through her works. Does your church align with the church of Philadelphia?

Revelation 3:8 "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it; for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."

When God opens the door so you can see into His truth, it's a blessing. With just a little strength from God, anything is possible. When you know the truth of God's word, you will never follow any man's tradition that go against the Word of God, or be tempted by the Antichrist, or his system.

Revelation 3:9 "Behold, I will make them of the syna-gogue of Sa'-tan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."

Those of the "synagogue of Satan" are the "Kenites", and they have no hold over the Philadelphia church. If they do exist in the Philadelphia church, they are converted and worship right along with them, and love the Lord Jesus Christ also. They are no longer Kenites, but sons and daughter of the living God.

The church of Philadelphia will not allow the Kenite mind of deception and confusion to take any hold in their church. They are equal in praise from our Lord Jesus Christ. Both the Smyrna and Philadelphia churches have learned the "parable of the Fig tree", and can identify the good figs from the bad figs. The "bad figs" in the parable, are the Kenites. They are of the synagogue of Satan, "and say they are Jews, but are not". Relating this to today, they put on verbally to be Christians, when in fact they have no faith in Christ, They don't believe in Christ's deity, His virgin birth, His resurrection, and in fact they don't even hold God's word as inspired by God. Remember what Jesus warned us to do in Matthew:24:32"

Matthew 24:32 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:"

Matthew 24:33 "So likewise ye, when ye see all these things. know that it is near, even at the doors."

Matthew 24:34 "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these thing be fulfilled.

Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.

Jesus commanded each of us to learn the parable of the fig tree, this was not a option, but a command. This command was given to those living in the latter days, when all these events of the latter days would take place. By knowing the events and those that are causing those things to take place, there can be no confusion to the times and prophecies of those times, so that you would be deceived. All the prophecies of the end times will take place in the life span of one generation. The starting point of that generation was the planting of the shoot in Palestine, of the nation of Jews returning to their homeland. That date would either be may of 1948, when the Balfour agreement was signed at the United Nations, establishing Israel as a Nation, or in 1967 when the Jews took possession of Jerusalem to be their capital city. In any case, we are well into that generation.

Within the church, Kenites cause confusion, misinterpretation of God's Word, gossip, and conflicts of all sorts, however the Philadelphia Church would not allow it into their congregation. When it started they dealt with it immediately.

Revelation 3:10 "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation [trial], which shall [that hour that is to] come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

This is the first day of the Millennium, and all mankind, of every race and nation will bow a Jesus Christ's feet, including the Kenites. All will be so overwhelmed by the events taking place, all will bow on that day to Him.

The people in the Philadelphia church knew the order that the two "morning stars" would appear, and waited for the true morning star, Jesus Christ. They held fast in the "hour of temptation", when the people of the entire world were tried and chased after the false star, the Antichrist.

Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

You will have a special crown if you are able to understand God's Word, and not bow to the Antichrist, nor take his name or his number, or his system.

Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Je-ru'-sa-lem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

The "pillar" is what supports the church, the true temple. These pillars, or believers, will be what Jesus builds his Millennium kingdom around. Once you overcome in this age, your position in Christ's kingdom is an eternal position that God set aside just for you. You are important where it counts, in God's kingdom.

The "new name" is written in Isaiah 62:4, "my delight is in her", that's the new name. "Her" being the bride of Christ. In the Hebrew, her name is "Heph-zi-bah". The name for this new city is called "Beu-lah land".

Revelation 3:13 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Now to the next of the seven churches.

Revelation 3:14 "And unto the angel of the church of the La-od-i-ce'-ans write; These things saith the A-men, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;"

"The beginning of the creation of God", is badly translated. For it should read, "He that begin the creation of God." That identifies Christ, who was with the Father when the creation took place. Christ is God, for there is only one God with three separate offices.

Revelation 3:15 "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."

This church at Laodicea were in the middle of the road. They avoid conflict at all cost, and would pervert God's holy Word rather than be at odds with someone. They are like the fat hog laying in the middle of the troth, that will sop up what ever anyone throws to them. They don't care who, or what enters their church; these good old boys cater to them all, and all their false doctrines.

Revelation 3:16 "So then because thou art neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

These are the ones who will not rock the boat, take sides, or stand on the side of anything. "Nothing" is what they stand for, and "nothing" is what you get from the sermons. As a church, the Laodiceans are just "good for nothing". God finds them detestable and wants these people no where around Him.

Revelation 3:17 "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:"

Revelation 3:18 "I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see."

These miserable creatures don't even know how wretched they are. They think they are rich by worldly standards, but they are blind to God's Word, and spiritually in poverty. God is telling them that He wants their true love. He wants love that is tried like "gold in the fire", which has all the impurities burned away; and that love will stand clean and pure. God wants you to be rich, but it has to be in God's way. Riches to a righteous man are the blessings of God to a man of God; but other riches are nothing but fools gold.

The "eyesalve" of the anointing, is the truths from the pages of God's Word [your Bible]. God wants the church of Laodicea to see and understand His word, then get hot on fire for Him. If your church is as the church of Laodicea, it is time to start a spiritual fire in your church.

Revelation 3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

Jesus is urging those in this church that want to follow him, to repent, and get into His Word. God will test you, for through your testing you develop patience and your faith grows. From your faith flows your works for the Father.

Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

You and you alone must open the door for Christ to come into your heart, or He will never come in. When you open the door to your heart to Christ, He will enter warmly, and in love.

Revelation 3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

Just as Jesus ascended to be with the Almighty Father on His throne; As an overcomer, so also will each of us share the throne with our Savior, Jesus Christ. In Christ's Millennium kingdom we will reign as kings and priests with Him. What joy that will be. Ezekiel chapters 40 through 44 tells us of that Millennium kingdom.

Revelation 3:22 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Do you have a ear to hear, and understand the message Jesus is passing through John's pen to us? There were only two of the seven churches that met with Christ's approval. They knew the true word of God, and equally important, they knew who the Kenites are, where they came from, and could not be deceived by anyone.

The Shepherds Chapel

• 1 month later...

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith? How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

a) Christians are currently experiencing tribulation or persecution for their faith throughout the world. I've just been searching the internet and the number of countries affected by persecution appears to be too numerous to list here.

B) I'm not sure that if I was being tortured or facing death I would find much comfort in the book of Revelation.

Some comfort may be "They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with Him will be his called, chosen, and faithful followers." (Re 17:14)

a) Christians are currently experiencing tribulation or persecution for their faith throughout the world. I've just been searching the internet and the number of countries affected by persecution appears to be too numerous to list here.

B) I'm not sure that if I was being tortured or facing death I would find much comfort in the book of Revelation.

Some comfort may be "They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with Him will be his called, chosen, and faithful followers." (Re 17:14)

• 2 weeks later...

There are many countries where Christians are experiencing tribultion or persecution for their faith

....but Israel, China and Moslim countries come to mind.

The Book of Revelation can be a comfort to those who have suffered persecution for being Christians

..they can be at peace because they made the right choice when they chose to follow Jesus. He is

coming soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Persecution of Christians for there faith can be found in every country, amongest every walk of life, on every small island, in churches, in small towns or provences, in every big state, on every continent......

In Afghanistan they are protesting that a man who converted to Christianity 16 years ago will be imprisioned and executed for his beliefs. This man converted from Muslim to Christianity.

1st He was charged recently when they found a bible in his home.

2nd His friends and family members state that he is mentally unfit, but clerics and the population at large are calling for his death if he's freed.

3rd This man was doing Christian aid (providing medical aid) and which lead him to converting from the Muslim faith to Christianity.

The Book of Revelation sustained this man's faith. He said "he was willing to die for being a Christian". He knows the truth, he has read the word and he is a true believer in Christ. He stood tall and he believed. He was offered asslymn in Italy, where he now resides. Praise the Lord.

• 2 months later...

:( Persecution!

Christians in many countries are experiencing persecution.

I haven't checked sources, but a Google sample indicates that direct, violent attacks are occurring in Egypt, Algeria, Iran, Yemen, Pakistan, Bangladesh, the Phillipines, Nigeria, Indonesis, and elsewhere. When we had family in Sumatra, Indonesia the persecution was rather like that of Jews elsewhere: the Christians, often Chinese, tended to have more financial sense than others: jealousy seemed to be at the base of it, with religion giving an excuse. There is also the violence of civil war and communal violence, as in the Sudan, Nigeria, and E. Indonesia.

Is there on the Internet a group mapping these incidents, so that one could visualize the extent of the persecution more easily?

Revelation comforts and encourages because it points out that this, however bad it is, is temporary: eternally we enjoy the presence of God and other believers in a City that non-believers do not enter. Also, Jesus went this way before us.

• 7 months later...

Islam, China, Iraq are some of of the countries Revelation can comfort and encourage them by showing them who the winner, Jesus Christ, will conquer all there enemies and they can have peace.

• 1 month later...

All countries throughout the world are experiencing tribulation and/or persecution to some degree. Jesus said that in the world His followers would have tribulation, but be of good cheer, Jesus had overcome the world. The book of Revelation in telling us of the events to come, also emphazies to the believer, to be of good cheer because no matter what happens on this planet, Jesus has overcome this world and satan and all be well for the believer.

• 3 weeks later...

Christian are being persecuted everywhere, even here in America

The comfort would be in knowing that this present suffering is temporary and also that others have gone through this also. Knowing that Christ Himself suffered persecution and is now at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us. He sees and knows our pain and will comfort with His spirit.

After much research I have discovered they are more than fifty countries world wide that are experiencing persecution. Top of the list is Bhutan, North Korea. They are fifty countries that are currently on world watch. 5 are Islamic dominated countries, 4 Have communist regimes in power and bhutan is dominated by Bhuddism. Some of those countries are Laos, Iran, Maldives, Somalia, China, and Afghanistan.

In comforting these persons, Revelations would help them to realise that persecution is supposed to happen and that it is all for the Kingdom of God and that they should take comfort in the fact that Jesus the faithful witness went through presecution and was killed and raised again showing that we too can endure to the end because of what he has done for us. We have eternal life because of him.