JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith? How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

I think that the first to come to mind is of course the Middle Eastern countries, but I've read many of the posts to this question, and I agree that in just about every country there is some form of persecution.

I especially liked the post of how persecution drives us closer to the Lord. There is an indifference in this country, that I am not immune to. This bible study and others like it are helping me to fight the swamp of indifference that I often find myself in.

I think just about every country except maybe ours has persecuation at one time or the other. Think of a country and they have had or now having persecuation.

I think the most important part of this question on Revelation is how these people can be comforted during their time of trouble. I believe God is helping them to see that when the end is here they will no longer be suffering but will rejoice with Him in Heaven

Tributlation or persecution refers to the suffering, which accompanies faithfulness to Christian principles. All of the Christians will experience kind of tribulation or persecution for our faith. In some of the countries Christians may face persecution and put them in dangers. For others Christians, we may face someone who against our faith or situation that will put our faith in test.

In Revelation 21:12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone accordingly to what he has done." That is God's promise and we should aim for it.

Just also like Paul's saying in 2 Timothy 4: v8 "Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord,

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith? How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

Israel, Libia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Jordan, India, Pacistan, China, Japan, Vietnam, Laos, Tialand, Cambodia, Tibet, Afganistan, Germany, Russia, Mongolia, Saudia Arbia. Even the USA in a less obvious way. I'm not good at Geography but the persecution of our fellow brother's and sister's in Christ happens all over the world.

Revelation 3:12 is a great comfort "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

I have found many such comforting scriptures in Revelation, as well as what will happen if we do not obey God and stay true to the end; preach the Gospil, and always loving and doing good works out of love, one for another.

I believe Christians anywhere experience persecution for their faith. (Otherwise they are not owning up to it!) However, this is more severe in certain countries.

Laos has recently imprisoned 12 Christian leaders.

In Turkmenistan the Baptists are being fined for every service.

Throughout Malaysia the Jihad are very active. A lady in a Christian orphanage, faced with islamic militants at the gate, went out and offered them lollies, which they accepted and then left.

House church Christians in China are still imprisoned and tortured.

Millions are killed for their faith in Eritrea.

Indian families kill members who turn Christian.

There was recently a martyr in the Solomon Islands.

Thousands of Palestinian Christians have left Israel to escape Palestinian forces of Islam.

A member of my (Australian) church left South Africa after he (a doctor) recovered from injuries to his arm which nearly lost him his ability to operate. His church was fired into during a service by six men with machine guns, and very many were killed, including the people behind and on either side of him.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Revelation can bring comfort through:

Jesus led the way through persecution & death to Life.

Persecution was always predicted for Christians - we know it's coming.

The time is near! Hallelujah!

All the tribes of the earth will mourn and bow to Him in the end.

V9 We have many brothers and companions in the tribulation.

"I am He who lives, & was dead, and behold I am alive for evermore".

We know Christ will reign!

• 2 weeks later...

#1 Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith?

It always fascinates me that from out of Abraham

I am not aware of too many countries, but I do know that Indonesia is one of the countries and some countries which were previously part of what was called the Soviet Union are the ones in which the Christians are facing persecution.

The book of Revelation will help persecuted Christians to seee that GOd os still in control. It give teh hope that their persecution will come to an end and it will end in victory. This hope will help them to persevere till the end.

May I clarify here as an Indian Christian living in India, that in India it is not a norm for people to kill family members who have become Christains. Yes there are degrees of ostracism but murder is not one of them.

India is definitely open to the gospel but then which country is? Persecution is prevalent in all countries in varying degrees.

From accounts related in articles, though not said in the media, those countries that are predominately Muslin are the ones that persecute Christians, and any one that does not adhear to their beliefs.

The book of Revelations gives believers the hope to the future promise given to us by Jesus that He will come again, this time to establish the Kingdon of the Father here on earth, and eventualy return this earth to what God had intented it to be.

• 4 weeks later...

I THINK MOST ALL COUNTRIES EXPERIENCE TRIBULATION AND PERSECUTION ESPECIALLY THE MUSLIN. WE HAVE RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY FROM US HERE IN THE US.,RELIGIOUS RIGHTS ESPECIALLY.

GOD JUDGES OUR SINS IN THE END AND IF WE HAVE FAITH WE CAN HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. WE NEED TO REPENT AND FOLLOW GODS WAYS.

I believe that Christians are being persecuted in every country where the gospel is being taught, in one form or another. Asia, China,Middle-East are what normally come to mind. But anywhere there is intolerance there will be persecution.

How can the Book Of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them? By seeing that since man began to worship God, believers have been seen as different and therefore persecuted. Jesus shows that in the end, He will again be victorious and the non-believers and evil-doers will come under His power and will suffer His judgement. At the same time, those who steadfastly suffered for the faith will have a greater glory after death.

• 2 weeks later...

What comes to my mind are the countries of Israel, China, Afghanistan and India who are experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith.

The words in the book of Revelation bring hope. The words of Revelation give a picture of a life to come that is greater than the one we live. If one has that personal relationship with Jesus, a sure knowing He is in one's life and with the testimony and witness given in the book of Revelation there is an anchor in one's life. That anchor is Jesus.

The book of Revelation gives my outcome to my faith in Him who will never abandon me. I count on Him. I know in my own life when times are tough, when there are trials, suffering or constant struggles. I read the words of the Bible. There is strength given in the words, there is hope, there is encouragement. I can endure and perserve what comes by my way. The fear of the unknown is cast out as to the outcome in a situation.

When battles and struggles are long and drawn, encountering hardships like those who live in countries where there is tribulation or persecution we can read and find that this is a temporary situation for the book of Revelation reveals greater things in store for the future. There is something to look forward to if we hold on, endure and perserve in faith. The words of Revelation tell us that it will not be this way forever but a greater way is in store for those who love God and remain faithful like his Son, Jesus, the faithful witness. Come, Lord Jesus to those suffering in countries, experiencing tribulation or persecution for the sake of faith, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen

• 2 weeks later...

Persecution is a world wide thing. But in some parts of the world it is far worse than in others. In our country for example I believe it more like a feeling of discomfort that we must learn to live with in certain situations. Our lives aren't really being threatened as they are in some other countries.

The book of Revelations is comforting to the persecuted in the sense that it tells us it will all end someday and that all of the pain and suffering in our mortal world will pay off big in our immortal world where we will live in peace and harmony forever and ever in the light of the Father with the loving Son as our King!

• 3 weeks later...

1. Persecution is SEVERE through the Middle East, Asia, North Africa, China, and the Indian sub-continent.

2. Having not been persecuted for my faith, I can, again, only speculate that reading Revelation would cause any true believer to be overcome by the glorious visions of God presented in the book.

Almost all countries are at a place of persecution. The country where I am working now was a place of severe persecution. We are not allowed to carry Bible, have prayer meetings, no churches, no pastors or priests. But today, We glorify Lord Jesus Christ, our faith and prayers are making changes, not publicaly but we are somewhat free from the days before.

As some of our friends have stated India persecuting Christians, which is wrong. Baring one or two incidents, which is common in all countries. The Western Media is sketching these incidents more and more while the Gospel works going in India is kept silent.

By the grace of our Heavenly Father Jesus Christ we christians in India free to worship, Missionary works, Gospel works, Conventions, Seminars etc. The MARAMON CONVENTION conducted in every February by the MARTHOMA CHURCH in KERALA is one of the largest Christian gathering in Asia and is conducted since 1895.

The book of Revelation gives comfort, hope and encouragement to every christian beleiver at any circumstance of persecution.

• 1 month later...

Q.3several hundred thousand persecuted in China,over 2 million in the sudan, thousands in india. Noone in arabian muslem countries is allowed to practice their faith. kust as Christ overcame suffering and crucifixion , he gives us through faith , the power and endurance to overcome anything the world can give us. He promises that we will be given nothing we can't overcome.

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith?

Christians in all countries are being persecuted in one form or another. In our wonderful country, America, we are not being physically persecuted, but we are persecuted to an extent: prayer is not allowed in school or at any public function, Christian monuments are being removed, some are trying to remove Christian programming from the airways. Christians in the Middle East and all Muslim countries are definitely being persecuted for their beliefs.

How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

The Book of Revelation tells us that the end is near and Jesus will return for His children. Persecution will end and we will spend eternity with God the Father. Praise the Lord. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Revelation is a great comfort in knowing that evil will not always exist. There will be an end to persecution. God knows the time - it is near - God will be come out t he winner. Satan and all his persecution tactics will be gone. Every tear shall be wiped from every eye - and forever an ever

• 3 weeks later...

people all over the world experience tribulation and persecution for the faith.In the US itself what has not been written against movie The Passion of Christ. Is not that in some ways apparent to persecution? In France some groups have even tried to ban the movie. However, in many countries like India, Pakistan, China in some European counteies and in Latin America and in some African countries Christians are persecuted in many ways even face death. This is a fact that people often forget and its so sad that in countries where freedom of religion exists, we turn our back on the invaluable gift of being able to worship freely.

• 1 month later...

The situation in Iraq comes to mind. There you have two muslim groups fighting each other, can you imagine what a christian in the REGION goes through. But the country that really troubles me is China, there christians are worshipping in homes, much like the early christians, and are being persecuted unmercifully, even unto death. They have to keep moving from house to house and town to town. But they are holding on to their faith, and that is an encouragement; therefore I believe that the words of revelation is of great benefit to many around the world, eveidenced by the fact that they are still worshipping and praising our Lord continually and faithfully.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is tribulation (distress, oppression, affliction) in all countries but that the devil has great imagination and oppresses according to the available means. Hence what we may consider to be lesser is perhaps just as effective.

Revelation reassures us that #1 God is not punishing us or even abandoning us, God tribulation is reserved for those who turn from him and those who afflict us; #2 Our tribulations are suffered are caused by the devil because we are having an affect, we are doing Gods will and testifying to His word; #3 that our suffering will have an end that God will not allow it to go on indefinitely, that our tribulations are making us clean that we may stand before our Lord cleansed in the blood of the Lamb.

I can't imagine needing any more motivation than that. :wub:

I feel persecution is everywhere. There are so many Christians with different beliefs and everyone feel their belief is right. The book of revelation informs us of the things to come, it prepares us for the in-times. Although it encourage use if we can hold out to the end, great is your reward.

• 2 weeks later...

China, North Korea, Arab nations and many more. I think Revelation can be encouraging because of the promises in it and knowing in the end God will triumph. :)

• 1 month later...

Active or physical prosecutions take place on all continents where brothers and sisters are being tortured and killed. Passive and subtle "prosecutions" by Satan is to me the more severe of the two. Souls are being swayed to choose death even though they think they choose life. The warnings to the seven churches refer to these dangers.

The Book of Revelation can comfort them all, as it sets a clear message to EVERY believer (not just the prosecuted) that you must choose. That free will, that God will not interfer with, must choose between Him (eternal life in the New Jerusalem) or eternal damnation. The promises of God can only be accepted through faith, and in answering this question the comfort lies in believing in the reward promised by Father.

Soli Deo Gloria