JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hello, my name is Donna. I am 51 years old and reside is Arizona. I brought Jesus into my life 2 and a half years ago and He has done some very amazing things. I have been intrigued by the book of Revelation and the end times prophecies. I am hoping this study on this book will deepen my walk with the Lord. I have studied the book of Daniel with Beth Moore and WOW what a ride. As we begin this study I lift all of us up in prayer and may our God open our hearts and minds to receive His word.

In Christ

Donna

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all

My name is Andre, from Durban, South Africa. Member of Christ Church, Pinetown ( Church of England in South Africa). Married - two kids (both still in the 20's). Have never really spent time on Revelation, but had a series of sermons on it recently - which stirred me to know more. Really looking forward to the studies.

I am from Florida (USA) but I now live in Georgia. I have been married for three years now (no children yet), and my husband and I have both graduated college recently. I have experienced over the past month or so a craving for God's Word that I haven't felt in awhile, and came to a screeching halt with Revelation, not feeling intimidated, but that I was to slow down and really learn from it. I have read Revelation several times before, but often moved from word to word without gleaning from it any meaning or relevance. I am excited about this study as I know God is telling me to keep my eyes and heart open for what he has to say.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi! My name is Hillary and I am from Michigan. I have been trying to study Revelation for a month or so when I stumbled upon this website one day. How exciting! I'm ready to get started and I'm looking forward to meeting others who are going through this study with me. Have a super-rockin' day!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. My name is Louise, but online I go by my middle name, Candita. Odd enough name so you don't find many people using it. I am a 54 year old mother of 2 and grandmother of 2. My oldest is a son who has been in the army since 1995. He is currently in Iraq (as of 3/8/08 it is the third deployment). My daughter is living with me and separated from her husband. They have two beautiful children who currently live with their father due to space in my small condo. We get them every other weekend and enjoy them thoroughly - they are a boy and a girl.

I accidently ran upon this site and found Pastor Ralph had a study on Revelation. Without hesitation I ordered the hard copy and started the course today. I see where he offers several other bible studies and I plan to enroll in each of them over time once I have finished Revelation.

I look forward to reading everyone's responses to questions and posting my own feelings on each one. I find the study extremely interesting so far and am so excited to be a part of it. :rolleyes:

I live in Tennessee and have lived here most of my life. My father was military and I was born in New Jersey. We traveled until his retirement when I was ten years old. I have one sister living in Alabama who is Director of Nursing in a community college. I have another sister who passed away on Thanksgiving Day, 2007. Our parents are both deceased, so it is just the one sister and I.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Excited to begin this study. I found the charts already very helpful. Thanks for the parallel idea.

• 1 month later...

My name is Debbie, I live in a small town in Kentucky. I love to study God's Word! I am a youth and outreach leader at our Worship Center. We are a small but growning body of Christ. I am hoping to bring a study to my youth on Revelations. They seem to have so many questions regarding the times we live in and Revelations. I am a fairly new believer as of 6 years ago but growing by leaps and bounds by the Power of the Holy Spirit. Each new day reveals a new area of my life that the Lord would have for me to alter so that I can walk in His way and not mine. I gave the devil 45 years of my life and now I can't serve the Lord enough. I thank him for never giving up on me.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Hello, everyone. My name is Dru and I am married with two wonderful boys. We live in Georgia, United States. I am retired U.S. Navy. My wife is a teacher. I am interested in this book of the bible because I enjoy reearch for one but mainly because I truely believe we are close to our Lord and Savior returning. I won't to have myself ready and my family and as many others as I can help along the way. Christ has helped me thru soem tough times and I am not worthy and have let him down many times. I am trying to live my life as he would have me to. I am trying to help others see his glory. Sometimes, I stumbble, however, the beautiful thing about his unconditional love is that he is ALWAYS there to pick me up. I am looking forward to this course and talking and discussing it with you fellow children in Christ. Bless you all.

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

My name is Tammy. I live in Texas and I'm really excited about reading Revelations.

Hi, I am a senior and along with my husband, beginning this week we will be attending a weekly Bible study at our church on Revelations! I have read Revelations many times but between the study here and the one we will attend I hope to gain a greater understanding of God's Word in this book and am sure I will.

I just began a study on Hebrews on Saturday with Joyful Heart Bible so am real new at this; I have never been involved in a Forum so am trying to find my way around!

Bookworm

P.S> Anyone studying Hebrews right now? Another question! Has anyone used any of Kay Arthurs study books? How to study your Bible, Lord heal my hurts etc. to name a few. I'm interested in finding out how others like the way she teaches.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone. My name is Jennifer also known as Apostle Jennifer. I use Apostle as a prefix to my name to invoke the calling of my ministry gift. I believe that "life and death is in the power of the tongue" so I say that which is not by name so it can become manifested to all flesh. I'm seriously thirsty and hungry for the Lord and enjoy sharing my passion for the Lord with other believers. I'm a mother of 2 children and a wife as well. God bless all of you.

My name is Bettie from Memphis, TN. I am looking forward to this bible study. I am married and mother of four wonderful children and 12 grandchildren.

• 2 months later...

Hello my name is Robyn, I am from Indianapolis. I am very happily married (9 years ) I have 5 children. I have been wanting a Revelation study for a few years now and my church finally got one started. Now I get more different views on this study, I love it.

Thank you all and can't wait to talk with you all about God and what we learn from him.

God Bless, ;)

Hawkswife4ever

• 1 month later...

My name is Susan and I live in Nebraska. I am married and have 4 children and 2 grandchildren. I am looking forward to this study of Revelation as it has always been a mystery to me as well as a curiosity. It is a book packed full of hope for eternity instead of doom and gloom like I once believed. It will be a blessing to get to know other Christians as we journey down this road of exciting learning!

Blessing to all!

• 1 month later...

Hello name is Theresa I am form Baltimore, Maryland and I am 24 years old. I have recently rededicated my life to Christ because I was a bit double-minded for a while. I had become very angry with God about the lost of my child and it made me stray form his loving grace. But God is so good because no matter how much I fought him and tried to run he still kept me when I didn't want to be kept. God has been so good to me that I would be foolish not to serve him. I realize God allows good and bad things happened to us for our good becuase it builds our character and makes us stronger in faith so I just thank God for loving me!!! :lol::P

• 1 month later...

Hi -- I'm Sue -- this is the second on-line study I've been in. Just finished the Philipians study. I'm from south-central Texas -- a town named Granger. Have been a house-wife and mother for a few years. My 'children' are in their mid-twenties and early thirties and have seven grandchildren between them all. During the school year I've been in a Precepts class which has been going through Revelation. It is indeed an interesting book -- a reader is promised a blessing for reading it. I'm looking forward to learning more this summer and interacting with ya'll. :rolleyes: While reading the other introductions I saw a 'Susan' listed -- so "Hi Susan" :)

• 1 month later...

I am not certain that I am posting this properly! However, I will introduce myself. I have been helping to lead various Bible Studies over the past few years. I never thought that I would be doing this, but the Alpha Course first conducted at our Church got me interested in leading studies. After taking the Alpha Course, I then helped to lead it several times, and followed on with "Life Worth Living" (Philippians), then "Heart of Revival" (Isaiah), and several others not tied to specific parts of the Bible. The first two had plenty of resources (video, participant guides and leader manuals), plus local training available (e.g. "Leading Small Groups"). "Heart of Revival" did not have video support, but I discovered a wonderful resource: "Unlocking the Bible" by Dr. David Pawson from Goodseed Ministries:http://www.goodseed.org/dvd043c.html and is available as a book and as a set of DVDs or VHS cassettes.

My latest studies have been much more ambitious: Psalms, Acts and The Minor Prophets. While I relied heavily upon Dr. Pawson's videos, I had to search for other information and ideas for information to put the studies together. In the case of Acts, I found a video dramatization which proved to be more interesting to our group than taking turns reading the Scriptures aloud. Also, before leading the class, I took an on-line course from the World Bible School: http://www.wbschool.org/ which helped me in my preparations.

I am now in the process of preparing a Study on the Book of Revelation. My main resource (in addition to the Bible, of course) will be Dr. Pawson's videos. However, before embarking upon my task, I felt it was desirable to take an on-line course myself. After a bit of searching, I have selected this one. I look forward to gaining a better understanding of this book before I start trying to help others do so.

Hi, My name is Tina and I live in Kansas. I am 43 years old and have 2 grown daughters and a beautiful new grandson. I grew up in church, but didn't come into a true relationship with the Lord until in my late 20's. Then about 5 years ago, God shook me up again when I did the "Believing God" study by Beth Moore . Since then, my hunger and thirst for the word have been unquenchable. For about the last year the Lord just keeps directing me into studies on Daniel and Revelation. I just recently finished Kay Arthur's study on Daniel. I am now studying Revelation through a Kay Arthur study and our Sunday School class is also studying it. So, when I saw this, I decided to check it out as well. I believe that we are living in the end times, and I am doing all that I can to be a prepared "bride" for Christ. Amen

• 4 months later...

Fear is a potent, paralyzing & suffocating emotion. While we have not suffered intense persecution as other Christians in hostile areas of the world still do, dose not mean it can not happen still here, if Revelation is prophecy of things which are to happen in the end times, in which we now are only beginning to experience now. It would lead one to believe, its warning, is directed more so toward Christians now today!

Hello,

My name is Sydney Harrison. I am 30 years old. I first gave my life to Christ at 17 years old and I have been loving Him ever since. I am currently living in Norfolk, Va. My husband is a soldier in the United States Army. He has been a soldier for 10 years now. I have 4 beautiful children; Isaiah-8, Trinity-7, Miracle-5, and Angel-3.

I am currently attending Freedom Fellowship in Virginia Beach, VA. I have been apart of this ministry for going on 3 years. I am the worship dance leader. I love to worship God through the dance. I am a worshiper at heart. My husband and I are relate group leaders. We hold bi-monthly bible studies. I came across this while surfing the internet. I thought that this would be a great bible study for our group to study. I am truly looking forward to what God will do in our lives.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Blessings,

Sydney