JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Worthy Is the Lamb

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation? Why was this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy?

He is God.

He is without sin.

He is the unblemished lamb that was the supreme sacrifice for our sins.

He defeated death and satan on the cross.

Only the creator and the one who loved us this much could be worthy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation? Why was this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy?

He conquered sin, by sacrificing His life on the cross. He is the Right Hand of G-d. It was noteworthy and praiseworthy because He was killed, and His blood has ransomed people for G-d.

• 4 months later...

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation?

Because Jesus is of the root and the offspring of King David, I am reminded that salvation is of the Jews, the bright and morning star, the Star of David.

Worthy is found in the precious blood of the Lamb, uniting us together, reconciling us unto God, for Christ has slain the enmity, the barrier that kept me a Gentile from having fellowship with God and His chosen people. (I am looking forward to seeing Moses and having lunch with him)

Worthy for Christ came to do the will of the Father, Christ came and He concurred, taking the keys of hell and death, Christ came without spot or wrinkle, Christ purged our sins pleasing the Father and the Father gave Him a name above all names, a name worthy enough to open the seals of the book, a name worthy enough that all of mankind will one day confess

• 2 weeks later...
Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation?

Because Jesus is of the root and the offspring of King David, I am reminded that salvation is of the Jews, the bright and morning star, the Star of David.

Worthy is found in the precious blood of the Lamb, uniting us together, reconciling us unto God, for Christ has slain the enmity, the barrier that kept me a Gentile from having fellowship with God and His chosen people. (I am looking forward to seeing Moses and having lunch with him)

Worthy for Christ came to do the will of the Father, Christ came and He concurred, taking the keys of hell and death, Christ came without spot or wrinkle, Christ purged our sins pleasing the Father and the Father gave Him a name above all names, a name worthy enough to open the seals of the book, a name worthy enough that all of mankind will one day confess

Sue D. :) Q 3 -- Because Christ was slain -- we are redeemed by His blood to God -- He has made us kings and priests to God. We will reign with Him on the earth. He is worthy because He is Son of God who's death and resurrection broke power of Satan -- we can have eternal life in Heaven rather than with Satan and his followers in eternal hell.

I also appreciate the input from Delivered who gets these questions and answers them about three weeks before I do.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus gave it all to us, just as the Father told Him to do. He showed love and compassion. Then He gave Himself as sacrifice for our sins. No other would be worthy to open the scroll. "There is nothing more precious, more worth. May I gaze deeper, may I stay longer; may I press on to know you l=Lord." [lyrics from Laura Story's song "There is Nothing"

Let His Glory be seen by All men. May we all bow before Him!

• 4 months later...

Jesus completed history through His death and resurrection. He made a way for God's creation to be saved and be assured of eternal life, once they believe in Him. After He did this, that completed the plan that must be done for mankind. Because of His selfless act for the redemption of men, this made Christ worthy to open the scroll.

Jesus completed history through His death and resurrection. He made a way for God's creation to be saved and be assured of eternal life, once they believe in Him. After He did this, that completed the plan that must be done for mankind. Because of His selfless act for the redemption of men, this made Christ worthy to open the scroll.

Jesus alone is so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation because He is the Lamb slain for the redemption of mankind. This act is so noteworthy and praiseworthy because it was the only means for mankind to be redeemed for eternal life.

• 1 month later...

Jesus was worthy to open the scroll because He is the Messiah, the promised one, the one who fulfilled all the prophecies. He is the one promised since the Fall in the Garden of Eden. He was the one promised to crush the serpent's head. Opening the seals involves the beginning of the punishment for the enemy and his minions so only Christ can and should be the one to do it. It is fitting that the one who suffered and died and rose again, bringing salvation to all who believe, whojld be the one who also brings death to all the enemies of the gospel.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12)

What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation?

Why was this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy?

He is worthy because of His redemptive work on the cross and because of His resurrection. He voluntarily gave up His life to pay the penalty for our sin, and it is because of His sacrificial death that Jesus can take the scroll out of God

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Jesus is worthy because He chose to be the sacrificial Lamb. He chose to die for us so we did not have to experience (spiritual) death, but used Himself to pay our ransom so we could be reconciled to our God. It is an awesome King we serve. Who could help but fall to their knees in worship?

Jesus is our Redeemer - He is the One who paid the debt for humanities sins - He is the One, the only One who could and did atone for our sins and redeem us back to God. . . He is the One who defeated Satan. . . So, in essence He is the One who consummated God's plan of deliverance and salvation thereby having the power and authority to open the scroll and declare that God'd plan has been completed. . .

This act was noteworthy and praiseworthy because it was an act that only He could perform - and that the performance of it was not out of obligation or duty - but out of love. . .

B)

• 1 month later...

Answer:The Scroll was sealed,and locked.When something is locked you need a key,to open.The key was prophesied to be upon Jesus Shoulder:

Isaiah 22:22- And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open

This key was also given,to all those who Stand on His name,on His Lordship,who receive,and confess that Jesus is the Son of God..

Matthew 16:19- And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Nobody is worthy,enough to do what Jesus has done.He is God,with all humility,came down,descended His throne in Heaven,to be like us to condemn the sinful nature of man(Romans 8:2-.. , God sending his own Son in the likeness sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh)and redeemed mankind.

This Act is worthy to be Praised,and exalted,FOR NO OTHER GOD,WILL COME DOWN TO BE LIKE HIS CREATION,TO SUFFER THE PENALTY THAT THEY DESERVED,TO SUFFER PHYSICAL PAIN,AND THE HIGHEST FORM OF HUMILIATION(In a sense of being God,and receive the redicule,spit,slapped,etc by His creation),and TO BE REJECTED BY THE SAME PEOPLE HE CREATED.

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus was and stil is so worthy to open the scroll because He laid His life on that cross on Calvary for the sins of this rotten world. Isaiah prophesied that this would happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What made Jesus so worthy to open the scrolls and thus bringing history to consummation? Jesus was worthy to open the scroll because of His complete obedience and blood sacrifice to overcome sin and death. He was the Paschal Lamb offered as final sacrifice bringing an end to the old covenant and beginning the new covenant. With the old, there had to be a continuous sacrifice as atonement for sin but now we are all redeemed under the blood of the Lamb once and for all for those who believe in His atoning sacrifice. We believe through our faith that it IS finished. That sin and death have no more sting. That we are seated in Heaven with Father. We know though our flesh sins, we are born of the Spirit and our righteousness in in Christ and we are covered by His blood. We are assured that He who began a good work in us will bring it to completion and there is now no condemnation in Christ. We are safe! True son's and daughters in Christ! WOW! The good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Why is this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy? I think we get "numb" on religion with just "knowing" the facts in all this but we lose sight that this was the plan from the beginning! That Jesus is/was "God with us." That our Maker, came down and became both God and man to redeem us! We were always on His mind. He loves us and doesn't want anyone to perish. It's amazing that someone so supreme as GOD bent so low, became one of us, suffered in life to have empathy with us and understand our plight, was rejected and hated, murdered and left alone, yet never sinned to overcome sin. HE wasn't guilty....man was guilty. He was and is the PERFECT sacrifice because God demanded the BEST for our redemption and not only that, but gave His ONLY begotten Son so we could have life. If that's not love and giving....worthy of praise and humble thanksgiving....what is?

• 2 months later...

Jesus lived the perfect life. Jesus paid the ultimate price. There is no one else who could meet or exceed His qualifications.

Jesus lived the perfect life. Jesus paid the ultimate price. And He left the glories of heaven to do that for us. He is worthy.

• 1 month later...

Jesus was worthy because only Christ conquered,death,sin and hell and he rose from the dead,he was also heir to the throne of david.It made it praise worthy because he was the only one that could do the things that he did rise from the dead went to hell and went on the cross for our sin. Jesus is so worthy.

• 1 year later...

Because He's the Lam who let Himself being killed just to save us.

He wasn't forced to, and He didn't have too, but did it anyway because He loves us.

Most people don't even want to die for their friends, let alone for 'bad' people or strangers or whatever.

So it's noteworthy and praiseworthy.

• 10 months later...

Christ is noteworthy to open the scrolls because no where in history will you find or ever will find anyone to do what Christ did for us. He saw mankind was so sinful and wouldn't have a chance to enter heaven that He offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice. The Son of God love God the father so, so much that he came down to be born from a human to be that sacrifice we needed. The Lamb of God is the only one that can take away the sins of the world! I always say that Christ looked over 2,000 years down the line and saw a poor sinner like myself and I was going to need Him to die for me in order for me to be saved. Thank you Lord Jesus! Only He is worthy!