JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Seal of the Living God

Pastor Ralph

Interesting question!

What do we learn about God......

1)He is very mighty. He is sovereign. He initiates all things and what He says....goes!!!

He gave 4 angels power to stand on the four corners of the Earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land and the sea or on any tree. Then He sends another angel, wearing the seal of the LIVING God. From there, the angel announces there is to be no harm anywhere until a seal is put on the foreheads of the servants of God. Can you imagine hearing those words as you watch the unfolding of the message that the great day of the wrath of God has come?

2) He is our protector. He is merciful to His own and He knows His own. All of creation waits to do His bidding....this mighty God....and yet He stops, to put a seal on His own. God is very watchful of us and has our good in His mind.

That's just very humbling and awesome.

Thanks for Ezekiel 9. The seal was to identify those who were to be spared. All others were going to be completely destroyed with no mercy. They had said God didn't care about them so He refused to have pity on them.

Important lesson! God ALWAYS sees! He may "seem" absent for a very short time....but He's our FATHER and He ALWAYS is watching out for us! We are His very own!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God is orchestrating all the events that are and will transpire until the closing of this age. He holds off on pouring out His judgment until He seals and protects His people from the impending judgment. He loves His people dearly and protects us from the enemy. You are either sealed with the mark of God or the mark of the beast. The seal protects from judgment/wrath of God. The seal symbolizes protection and ownership of His saints.

• 3 months later...

Q3. (Revelation 7:1-4) There's disagreement about exactly who the 144,000 represent. Let's not debate that, but look deeper. From 7:1-4 what do we learn about God? Read Ezekiel 9, then answer: What is this seal supposed to do for the 144,000? (Please wait to consider 14:1-5 until we get there, okay?)

From 7:1-4 I have learn that the seal is to go on the forehead of the one that weep out for the detestable sin that was being

done in the city.

The seal that is on the forehead is to protection the one that was being kill if you donot have the mark on the forehead. The lord had no mercy if you don't have the mark you are to be kill woman and children.

• 1 year later...

We learn that if you don't have God mark upon you during tribulation you will be destroyed. This will include old, young, men, women and children. All nonbelievers in Christ will be destroyed! The seal is their mark so they would not be destroyed by God's wrath. God will not have pity on those without the mark, they will be destroyed!

• 3 weeks later...

God gives us many many oportunities to come to him.  He is always waiting and giving us chances.  But, time is running out.   The seal on the 144,000 is to save them from death.  The blood of our Lord Jesus Christ has purified and made us clean and worthy to wear the white robes.

• 3 weeks later...

(Revelation 7:1-4) There's disagreement about exactly who the 144,000 represent. Let's not debate that, but look deeper. From 7:1-4 what do we learn about God? Read Ezekiel 9, then answer: What is this seal supposed to do for the 144,000?

There are always great answers here! I know for me personally some of these questions make me "dig a little deeper". I don't want to take someone else's answer as my own without studying to "show myself approved as a workman unto God". First, there is no way this can be the "only" ones redeemed due to the following verses. One thing we learn about God is that God knows who those twelve tribes are in today's time. With the records having been destroyed in fire in Jerusalem, we as a human people have lost valuable records telling us where they went. The tribe of Dan is gone....God knows why....No matter what else we see, we note that God puts his seal on those who belong to him. This is strictly from the Tribe of Israel. Does that mean that only those who are from the Tribe of Israel will be protected? What I do know for sure is that "he who endures to the end will be saved......" to see  prove that others will also be saved, one must read further in this chapter, however. So, here I will cease writing on this question.

• 1 year later...

God had all of the things planned out from the start. He is a very just God who will not forget those that were faithful to Him till the end. He will not harm those that are still very faithful.

The 144,000 are to be spared God and all of His ways.

• 1 year later...
  • Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Seal of the Living God