JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Overcoming

Q3. Revelation 12:11 could be considered a theme verse for the book. What does it mean? Who is overcome? In what sense do we have victory if we die in the process? What does the "blood of the Lamb" have to do with this? How does loving our lives prevent spiritual victory today? (See Luke 14:25-27; Matthew 10:37-39.)

The dead of Jesus finished everything for us on the cross.

Satan has been defeated.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. Revelation 12:11 could be considered a theme verse for the book. What does it mean? Who is overcome? In what sense do we have victory if we die in the process? What does the "blood of the Lamb" have to do with this? How does loving our lives prevent spiritual victory today? (See Luke 14:25-27; Matthew 10:37-39.)

This verse greatly shows that we were already saved from the power of sin through the blood of the Lamb who died on the cross for us. Thus, we belivers who have accepted Him must die to ourselves for the glory of His kingdom. If we allow our own selves to control us, then that would prevent us from entering into god's presence. We then have to let Jesus sit in the thrones of our heart, for us not to commit sin.

• 1 month later...

What does it mean?

It means that we have been saved by Jesus blood and that God has won while satan has lost.

Who is overcome?

Satan.

In what sense do we have victory if we die in the process?

We have victory in Jesus Christ.

What does the 'blood of the Lamb' have to do with this?

By Jesus's blood we are saved.

How does loving our lives prevent spiritual victory today?

We should put nothing, encluding our lives befor Christ.

• 2 months later...

We have been saved by the blood of Jesus. We were cleansed by his blood and he defeated death and satan on the cross.

If we love our lives we are living for the world not for Jesus thus keeping us from victory in Christ.

• 5 months later...

Q3. Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. This could be considered a theme verse for the book. What does it mean?

TO OVERCOME means to get victory, to subdue the enemy, no matter what the cost.

Who is overcome and what does the "blood of the Lamb" have to do with this?

SATAN and his angels were overcome. In Heaven Michael and his angels first overcame Satan and his angels when war broke out.

They were thrown down to earth by Michael the archangel over Israel.

Daniel 12:1 Michael, the chief of the angels, is the protector of your people, and he will come at a time of terrible suffering, the worst in all of history. And your people who have their names written in The Book will be protected.

Daniel 10:21 I will tell you what is written in The Book of Truth. But first, you must realize that no one except Michael, the guardian angel of Israel, is on my side.

On earth Christ the blood of the Lamb overcame through faithful obedience to God, even to the point of death.

Philippians. 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

John 16:33 Jesus encourages us with words of good cheer, He has overcome the world (Satan is prince of this world) so that we may also be over comers.

1John 5:4 Every child of God can overcome the world and our faith is what gives us this victory.

• 3 months later...

Who is overcome? firstly, I need my ego and pride to be overcome, that I may do what He wants in His name. So, I'd not choose what to overcome, but He would/did choose for me.

How does loving our lives prevent spiritual victory today? Our life prior to enlightenment has some [a few or many] roots in the "real world" Loving our life clearly blocks us from feeling God and from doing what is right in His name and His word. My role in his plan may be minor,m but since it is in His plan, I need to understand what it is, and then simply do it, with humility. Only by real personal sacrifice can we have spiritual victory today, only by giving up worldly thins, detaching from possessions and "important people" of our lives can we have spiritual victory and contribute to god's plan in a constructive way.

Who is overcome? firstly, I need my ego and pride to be overcome, that I may do what He wants in His name. So, I'd not choose what to overcome, but He would/did choose for me.

How does loving our lives prevent spiritual victory today? Our life prior to enlightenment has some [a few or many] roots in the "real world" Loving our life clearly blocks us from feeling God and from doing what is right in His name and His word. My role in his plan may be minor,m but since it is in His plan, I need to understand what it is, and then simply do it, with humility. Only by real personal sacrifice can we have spiritual victory today, only by giving up worldly thins, detaching from possessions and "important people" of our lives can we have spiritual victory and contribute to God's plan in a constructive way.

Revelations 12:11 --> 11They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

To overcome sin is a great victory, but for me it it temporary as I'm a man, and as Jeremiah said "man has with a deceitful heart"

Still I am His prize trophy that He bought with His blood. If we die to Christ, He is mine and I am His. So there is not death when the body dies, we just transition to the spiritual state in which He created us;

So if we love our earth lives in the present we are not in Him, we are in the world. So in this case we are dead and separated from the spiritual victory that awaits us bowning down to God and Jesus.

• 2 months later...

It is through the blood shed by Jesus that we can become forgiven and saved (i.e. spiritual victory today, or at any time), by the Grace of God.

• 2 weeks later...

Satan is overcome. Victory is achieved by our being welcomed by God's embrace. The "blood of the Lamb" is that spilled by Jesus when he died to remove our sins, so that we can be forgiven and accepted despite our flaws, weaknesses and transgressions. This forgiveness is not deserved, but given by the Grace of God.

• 1 month later...

Revelation 12:11 could be considered a theme verse for the book. "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." This means that the Christian has the power of the blood of the Lamb and their testimony in their mouth to overcome the Devil. If we die in the process we are still victorious because we've died for the cause of Christ. The "blood of the Lamb" was shed for the cleansing of our sins. It bought our redemption. When we love our lives more than the cause of Christ we will not be witnesses for fear of losing our life. But we are told by Jesus, when we lose our life for Him we will find it (have eternal life).

• 1 month later...

Q3. Revelation 12:11 could be considered a theme verse for the book. What does it mean? Who is overcome? In what sense do we have victory if we die in the process? What does the "blood of the Lamb" have to do with this? How does loving our lives prevent spiritual victory today? (See Luke 14:25-27; Matthew 10:37-39.) REvelation, that is, is all about overcoming the Enemy. We can't do it on our own. Only the blood of the Lamb can do that. That is sufficient for uss. We sing a song that uses these words. My wife and I sing it in the choir, It's part of a Christian Contemporary song that's often on the radio. The promise goes back to the post-fall curse upon the Devil and prophecy that Jesus would crush the devil's head. Mel Gibson has Jesus literally stomp on the serpent's head in the Garden during Passion Week. Very impressive and powerful. Jesus also said that a friend who would die for a friend is truly worthy. That makes Him worthy of our praise and adoration. Knowing Jesus as our personal Savior can also give us courage to face any persecution, even to the point of death. Many a Christian martyr, during the Roman Empire period, for instance, but even yet today, has and can still derive their courage, their peace, their hope of eternal life from the "blood of the Lamb." We should all take witnessing courses such as the one with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort called "Way of the Master." Training in righteousness should include training in witnessing. The more we do this, the more we will heap coals of fire upon the enemy's vile and foul head. Praise be to God who gives us the ability to be "overcomers", another word often heard in contemporary Christian music. Thanks you, Jesus, for this privilege and opportunity. We pray you will show us how to appropriate it as we become warriors for your precious word.Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3.

Revelation 12:11 could be considered a theme verse for the book.

What does it mean?

Who is overcome?

What does the "blood of the Lamb" have to do with this?

How does loving our lives prevent spiritual victory today? (See Luke 14:25-27; Matthew 10:37-39.)

This verse is about all believers past, present, and future who have victory. We claim victory with Christ on the basis of His shed blood that has redeemed us from sin. Those in heaven are also free from Satan

• 4 months later...

I believe that this verse means that those who continue to seek Christ; seek answers in the Word, who continue to confess that Jesus is Lord until the end of their lives, these are the overcomers. This is how we are assured that we will be covered with His blood and washed of our sins. As we live, we must proclaim the gospel boldly. We must hold it in higher esteem than any 'earthly thing' we can gain by witholding the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

We, the true believers, have overcome in all of life's temptations and battles because of what Jesus has done for us - through His shed blood and the sacrifice of His life. We continue to over come through the confession of this truth. . .

We the believers have overcome Satan along with all of his demons - his plots, plans, ploys, deceptions, and purpose - again not by anything that we have done, or can ever do - but by and because of what Jesus has done for us by way of His death, burial, resurrection - and that He intercedes for us daily as He is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. . .

Should we die in the process we have victory because we presently have the victory by being in fellowship with the Father through Jesus - a victory that cannot be lost as long as we remain in fellowship with Christ. . .

The blood of the Lamb(Jesus) has everything to do with the victory we have because it is by the shedding of blood that we redeem from sin (not any blood - but the Blood of Jesus. . .

Having a greater love for self than for Jesus puts us in a position where we have made "SELF" our God. . . Victory is not in "SELF" nor can we in and of ourselves overcome Satan and gain victory. . . Jesus must become and remain the Lord of our lives - as the only way that we can be victorious is by being in Christ. . .

B)

• 1 month later...

Answer:

1.What does Rev 12:11 means?

Rev 12:11- And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

THE THEME OR EMPHASIS ON THIS VERSE IS OUR SALVATION THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS:

Revelation 1:5- And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood;

1John1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

The believers overcome Satan not by their own strength,but by the virtue of the Blood of Jesus,shed in the Cross.And it was only possible when people began confessing through HIS WORD,testifying that Jesus was send by God..

Romans 10:9-10- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation).

The believers knew that they live a temporary life in earth,and that a glorified body is waiting for them in heaven,so they are eager to run their race,and claim their prize position,to be near with their Heavenly Father and dwell in His Kingdom forever and ever,SO THEY LOVED NOT THEIR EARTHLY LIVES,NOT CLEAVING ON IT DEARLY,.UNTO DEATH.

2. Who is overcome? In what sense do we have victory if we die in the process?

The believers overcome,by their Faith on Jesus,and victory is theirs if they die,for they will get their Glorified Body,perfect,Holy,made unto the image of God,who wil live forever and ever,without decay

• 3 months later...

Revelation 12:11 is the theme of Salvation through Jesus Christ and the blood sacrifice He made as the Paschal Lamb, for all people. This is the New Covenant. We who believe are saved from sin and eternal death by the blood of the Lamb. We give testimony to this truth so that others can be saved. There is no other name by which we can be saved.

He who is overcome is our accuser, that old serpent, the devil and his time is short. He has been defeated and he knows it! There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus and satan is overcome by the name of Jesus. Now has come salvation and the power and the Kingdom of God, and the authority of His Christ!

Even if we die for our faith, the victory is still ours! Where O death is your sting? We will be received into eternal life with our Savior. He has prepared a place for us. They may kill the body....but we will live!

Through the blood of the Lamb, we have eternal life. He paid for all our sin and transgressions and we are forgiven and made righteous by the blood of the Lamb. We are washed in His blood and our garments, the covering of the blood of the Lamb, are made white.

Our love for Jesus must be a love that is willing to take up our own cross. This is`sacrificial love, forsaking all others and even forsaking our own lives to do the will of God. It is forsaking the world and living by a Kingdom standard and it is a life devoted to others, so they may know the truth and be set free. It is a life of living for God, so that others may know Him. It's all about Him!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

:)

It means that Jesus Christ was the lamb who sarifice his life for our sin.We are the overcome

The best way for us to pick up our corss and follow God. And for us to give up the world way

We are to give up mother father and children and follow God. This mean the world way of happiness

which is in money and have everything. We will some find out the thw world way is very empty.

• 1 year later...

I believe those Christians overcame the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and through their testimony stood fast in their faith in Christ until death. If we die in the process we have victory through Christ and will be raised to live with Christ forever. If we love ourselves we can not please God. God is a Spirit and those that worship must do so in spirit and true. If you can't put your family and yourself last, if you can't carry Christ cross then you are none of His. As a matter of fact, those who save their lives will loose their lives. Those who sacrifice their lives will live forever. In other words, if you can't love Christ with your whole heart, soul, mind, and body then you are not of Christ and will not spend eternity with Him. That is a serious question for all Christians to ask themselves. Will you be able to give up their children, mother, father, sisters and brothers and everything own to follow Christ. We must be able to bear Christ cross. That is the only way to spiritual victory.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the theme for the Book of Revelation is hope and faith.Satan has been conquored.  Martyrdom in itself is a conquest of Satan. The marytr is superior to Satan.  Everything Satan attempted to do every temptation has failed.  Everytime we choose to suffer and obstain from temptation is a defeat from Satan.  If we die in the process our reward is in Heaven and eternal life with the Father.  Jeus shed his blood on the cross for us.  He died for us.  If we are washed in His blood our sins are forgiven and forgotten..  Loving our lives is living in this world.  Losing our lives for Jesus is to live in His world.

I believe the theme for the Book of Revelation is hope and faith.Satan has been conquored.  Martyrdom in itself is a conquest of Satan. The marytr is superior to Satan.  Everything Satan attempted to do every temptation has failed.  Everytime we choose to suffer and obstain from temptation is a defeat from Satan.  If we die in the process our reward is in Heaven and eternal life with the Father.  Jeus shed his blood on the cross for us.  He died for us.  If we are washed in His blood our sins are forgiven and forgotten..  Loving our lives is living in this world.  Losing our lives for Jesus is to live in His world.

• 3 weeks later...

This verse means that the followers of Jesus Christ (Christians), have overcome andl have victory over Satan, his legions, and his influence.  This victory is realized by the blood and testimony of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Jesus's death and resurrection defeated Satan and His second coming will put an end to Satan's power in this world.  In faithfulness, martyrs all through time have sealed their testimony with their blood. 

The Christian's salvation and deliverance from eternal separation from God is based our testimony that Jesus Christ is Lord and acknowledging Jesus' death on the cross was for the forgiveness of our sins and a means of reconciliation with God.  When one chooses Jesus they choose life (physical and spiritual), over death.  He is the Savior of the human race. The faithful overcome this world and death.  This applies to believers not only during the tribulation, but throughout time. 

When a person loves their life more than Jesus then they deny him like Peter did during Jesus's arrest, trial, and punishment.  Anything put before Jesus including one's live denies Christ.

• 1 year later...

If we batle evil forces with the armor of Christ, we will win over evil. Those, that love Jesus enough to sacrifice their own lives so that His teachings will live on, will have life eternal. It is acknowledging that we are redeemed and holy because of this blood. When we feel that we are afraid to die or we do not do things because of that fear of dying, we do not have full spiritual connection with Christ. Without this love in Christ, we are still lacking in our whole spirituality.

• 6 months later...

This is a key verse to moemorize! We are to have the identity of "overcomes" , not those who "shrink back". Ultimately we face three fears here, which are fear of death, fear of man & fear of death. to overcome them we need the fear of God that means that we fear losing God's approval more than our life on Earth. it makes us evaluate if eternity is IMPORTANT enough???? our testimony is what Christ has done for us & we all have a unique testimony. We need the "blood" for the accusations of satan.