JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Christ's coming

Q1. (1:13) What about Christ's coming should get our undivided attention? Why should it inspire hope? Why should it inspire self-control and soberness? What happens in our lives when we don't really expect Christ to come soon?

Because hes coming for his children and we want to be ready to go home to Glory.

Our hope and anticipation or in our Heavenly home where there is joy,no tears,no pain,peace and restored Heavenly bodies like Christ's. This should be enough to inspire anyone. Then the glory of being in the presence of the King hearing him speak and revealing really inspires me. Meeting the Apostles. Moses,.Abraham,Noah,everybody up there thats very very exciting to think about.

We get lax in our faith and don't work for God's Glory like we should and lose site of whats waiting for us in Heaven.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1:13) What about Christ's coming should get our undivided attention? Why should it inspire hope? Why should it inspire self-control and soberness? What happens in our lives when we don't really expect Christ to come soon?

Christ's comining should get our undivided attention and cause us to persistently strive to live holy. We struggle and fight a battle to live holy, but it is a joy to know that our hope in Christ is not in vain. So we live with the hope of Christ's return and do our best to live a live that bring honor, glory and praise to our God. When we live as if we don't expect the soon return of Our Lord, we sometimes get lax and don't labor in the field to bring in the harvest. There are souls out there to be saved.

When Christ returns it will be for Judgement Day. He died for me and will judge me on all my words and actions. If I am not ready, if I am conformed to the world, I will be judged unworthy of Heaven, with all eternity separating me from God and I will have disappointed and let down one who is worthy of all I can give Him.

If the world is not really expecting Christ to return, it will be doing it's own thing. Living a life for the Devil and not God

• 1 month later...

i think that Christ's coming a second time is to judge us of the things we didn't do. we are always trying to do what is right, but there are times when we mess up. we don't obey what He as called us to do, etc. we are to turn away from all the worldly sins and be holy like Jesus is Holy. i think that when we don't think that Jesus is coming back in our time is really sad because it almost says we only believe in Him partly not wholly.

Our suffering caused by the sin of this world will end and we shall be forever with the Lord. We will be like Him at the rapture.

There is so much physical suffering in this broken world and so many people are hurting and sin abounds at every turn. For Christians that will all be over and joy and peace will reign. I live for the hope of being forever with Jesus.

God calls us to work out our salvation and to do His will. In so doing, we will lay up for ourselves eternal treasures in heaven.

Looking for Christ return fills us with hope for living an eternity with Jesus. If one does not know the Lord, they do not have that blessed expectancy, therefore have no reason to have hope. What does anyone have hope for who does not know Jesus?

What about Christ's coming should get our undivided attention?

Ans: We have to focus our attention on the coming of Christ because we are anticipating an awesome and precious salvation. We should live a life prepared for the coming of Christ.

Why should it inspire hope?

Ans: Hope strengthens our faith. We believe that Christ is coming.

Why should it inspire self-control and soberness?

Ans: The coming of Christ should not make us confused but rather be self-desciplined avoiding mental and spiritual excesses which may lead to sin.

What happens in our lives when we don't really expect Christ to come soon?

Ans: If we are not expecting Christ to come soon, then we are not hoping for something. We dont have motivation to change our lives. His coming for judgment motivates us to turn away from sin and go back to God.

• 2 weeks later...

CHRIST comming to claim his own. What you are doing at the time of his return will weigh heavily on you being welcomed or left behind. CHRIST will come as a theif in the night. We must be sober minded when he comes doing things which glorify him not our selves. Not expecting CHRIST to come makes the christian complacent in worldly living. Become CHRIST like!

• 2 months later...

We should be vigilent always be ready for we know not when nor where. We should be ready. We already know that we are not of this world and Jesus is going to come for us and our hope should be built in seeing and going with him. If we don't expect his return soon we get lazy and we are not ready and get left behind.

• 4 months later...

As Christians we often tend to live our lives without thinking of the amazing facts of our salvation and all we will receive when Jesus returns.I believe we get caught up in the moment and focus our attentions on the life we are living.We set aside special times to be with the Lord,Sundays; morning quiet times perhaps evening prayer and midweek fellowship.Christs commitment was total and so should ours be He must be part of everything we do.Always remember He dwells within our hearts so His never far away.The very thought that when he comes again we will be set totally free from all our pains and problems and be able to live life like God intended for us.We must glorify Him in all that we do in this life and the next.

To me, what gets my undivided attention about Christ's coming is am I living the life for him that I should. Is my mind focused on Christ, is my body a temple that he can live and dwell in. It should inspire hope because of the struggles and sufferings we have to go through. His coming will bring Christ's salvation, our faith uplifted, his glory manifested, God's inspection of our good deeds, judgment of righteous behavior, receive a crown of glory, and he will restore strength, confirm, and steady us. It should inspire self control and soberness because without it we won't be with Him. We can very well miss the opporunity. We have to be ready when Christ comes back. What happens in our life when we don't really expect Christ to come back is we are not living the Christian life we should.We are not believing in who Christ is, not what he says is true and will come to pass.We are not believing. So many people are going to miss out on Christ second coming because they can't see beyond the earthly things. They are not looking with spiritual eyes to see what is waiting for us.

• 3 months later...

We should live holy lives concerned about our Salvation. With self-control, without envy, lasciviousness, greed, malice or dissension, we should prepare for the coming of Christ when we will all be judged.

It should inspire hope as we will then enter His Kingdom for a life free of worry, anxiety, sorrow and everything else we had here on earth.

We will only receive this reward if we are self-controlled and sober. This should be the impetus for us to lead holy and good lives.

We will do whatever we want if we don't expect Christ soon and our lives will be very sinful, not in obedience to Christ's teachings.

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that God's Son is coming to fetch us, that we will live in peace and harmony with Him and all in heaven, the fact that we will live like this forever, and never be bothered again by satan. It should also inspire self-control as we should live a self-controlled life now and not give in to the so called pleasures of the world, so that we can receive the reward of living with Christ forever. Often we tend to compromise christian standards when we don't expect Christ to come soon. We become less self-controlled as we think we still have time to change later.

• 1 month later...

This life here will finally be over and I will be able to meet God face to face. Oh the joy of God's promises will soon be here. My time with God has finall arrived and Salvation has manifested at last.(2) We will go to that eternal place God has provided for us (3) To prepare mentally for the ordeal ahead and to get serious for what lies ahead and to think about the time when Christ is revealed. (4) We continue to live the life of those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as Savior.

• 1 month later...

Hope and more Hope is equal to be patient and have faith . My hope is in the Lord but I have to wait in the Lord using my faith . I learned in the Bible because this many even Christians lost they're hope in waiting , for what ever reasons this happen but my hope is in Jesus himself and doing this he confirm in me that he is more and more closer to me and his second coming . Went I work for the Lord in the way he expect me to do he confirm with relief and joy and that is how I know that I most keep going on for example teaching the Gospel to other so they can also have the same hope . The holy spirit keep the flame burning in me the more I believe the more the fire burn inside . At the same time it make me strong to battle against Evil thinking . We as Christians can not sit on a chair get bored and wait because we do not have a sense of hope of we do not do what we are suppose to do we can not battle again those evil thinking that we use to do . Very clear the bible teach us faith with out work is dead , so if we do not put our hope in the Lord asking what do you want me to do next ? And put our hope into action he will confirm in us that our waiting is not in vane that at the end I will have what he promise to me.

It should get our attention because it is the glorious culmination of all that Christ has suffered for, and we are living in the era in which we expect him to be coming back.

When you're expecting something to happen, you try to be ready. You make choices based on that expectation. If you don't expect Christ, you may compromise on those choices and your life will be less pleasing to God and less fruitful for the kingdom.

• 2 weeks later...

The picture set forth in Revelations should make it incumbant on everyone to make salvation and faith in Christ a priority. Christ's coming means that our hearts will be revealed. It won't be about what we say, but about what we truly believe in our hearts. That should get our undivided attention. Those who are truly His will be called, while others will become the devil's. Being saved and taken to be with the Lord eternally should inspire hope. It should be a reminder that the circumstances that we live in here, no matter how bad, are only temporary. Our eternal life promises to be an awesome one. It should inspire self-control and soberness because it is our responsibility to get our Christian walk straight before Christ comes. Everyone must first give their lives to Christ, then it is our requirement to live by the commands that the Lord has given us. This requires self control and soberness.

When we don't really expect Christ, we get lazy, begin to live in the world, and not truly take our faith as seriously as we should. We don't talk to others about the Good News the way we should, we don't minister to others as we should; in general we become lazy Christians.

That He comes like a thief in the night, He could come at anytime. In additon, His promise of coming back being fulfilled shoud get our attention.

It should inspire hope that the end is not this world. We have a second home, where there will be no more tears, trials, drama, fear or worries. A place where we will be with the Savior forever.

It should inspire self-control because what we receive (rewards) and judgement is based upon how we live our life now.

When we don't really expect Christ to come soon we become lazy, sinful, no regard for righteousness. We live as if all we have is here

Knowing that Christ is coming back after His church that is pure and holy should really make us stop and think about where we are in our walk with Him. For we know neither the hour or the day when He will return so we should be ready at all times. To be ready means living our life for Him in holiness.

We should all be inspired by the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for we believe that when He comes we shall go and be with Him for ever in the Kingdom of Heaven where there is no more pain or suffering or death.

If we are not looking for Him to come at any giving time then we just might get caught up in the things and cares of this world in this life and not be ready when He does come.

• 3 weeks later...

we will stand before Christ and have to answer for all things that are in our heart minds and what we said and have done,we all being in the flesh need to confess daily and when the time comes we can stand shamless before the Lord and will live forever with the Lord

• 4 weeks later...

The final consumation of our salvation. We will see him as he is because we will be like him (1 John 3:2) We should be living a life in preparation for his coming so that we will not be ashamed when he does. We become focused on fulfilling selfish interests instead of fulfilling his.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (1:13)

What about Christ's coming should get our undivided attention?

Why should it inspire hope?

Why should it inspire self-control and soberness?

What happens in our lives when we don't really expect Christ to come soon?

We should be living a life that is ready to meet our Saviour. We know His return is imminent and therefore we must be ready to meet Him. Our life should be motivated to live for Him; we have to be careful not to live a life of complacency, thinking Jesus is not coming soon. It would be wrong to think that there is much more time to live a worldly life, and that we can change our lifestyle later. We must be disciplined, alert, and focused on the coming of our Lord. Be ready.

• 1 month later...

The fact that we will be seeing Him face to face. He will look at us and see everything the good, the bad, and the ugly, but he will also know that ultimately we chose Him and the rewards will be like nothing we can even imagine.

Because there is going to come a day, hopefully soon, that we won't have to stuggle anymore. Loving and serving Him will be all we want to do and nothing, not anything in this world will get in the way of loving Him.

Because when He comes I want to be able to look at Him without shame knowing I lived for Him and Him alone. We have to be ready and focused on Him at all times because we have no idea when He'll be coming.

I lived like I didn't expect His return for too long. It's easy to become lacks and caught up in the world. We think there's alway tomorrow to get right with God. I remember actually praying that He not come right at that time because I was so ashamed of how I was living. But we have to get right and start living for Him right now. It's great practice for when we see Him each and every day forever.

• 5 months later...

I can't understand eternity,but I understand and feel God's love. Os it is my heart's desire to do his bidding while I can be alive; then in reflecting on what I don't understand, I'll have hope that His holy word is indeed part of His plan for me, ti continue to server Him to glorify Him, my creator.

I can't control myself better, I ned to turn my life over to HIM, this is how more self-control will come until it is impregnated in my heart and mind. If we expect Him to come soon, we'll be more likely to try to live a pure and holy life and love others as he has commanded us

• 3 weeks later...

Knowing that His return is soon inspires me to live with reverential fear of Him.It motivates me to try to live right and holy , because I don't know when He will return since His word says He shall come unexpectedly for us.It gives me hope while at the same time it makes me realize that I cant live in the flesh but with the help of the Holy Spirit, I need to be sober and exercise self control, thus crucifying the flesh and not being sloppy and lazy.If I'm not expecting Him to return soon, then I'm going to be careless in my walk with Christ because I won't have my focus in the right place.

• 2 months later...

We should be giving our undivided attention to the grace that will be revealed at His return. It should inspire those things because this grace and those promises are waiting for us as believers and we should be preparing for it now. When we dont expect Christ's immediate return we can get lazy and sloppy in our living.