JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Increasing God's Praise

helen

that font size is a little scary lol .

I hear what your saying , but I try not to judge what someone may do or not do as a follower of Christ . who am I to judge what another is doing? Yes we have the bible and that is our standard but to personaly punish someone with shunning isnt what I see Jesus do, he taught and loved the people he interacted with . Even Judas who betrayed him was allowed a seat at His supper .

I decided to edit this post and add this.

I just proved my own point Im sitting here as a christian telling helen I think she may be wrong and even gave a bible statement to prove me right !!!

but if im honest I also have a person in my life I refuse to speak too because of the way we have interacted and my inability to understand where she is coming from.

Many do not "see" her manipulations as I do and for me to go on about my conclusions abut her evil ways is very back stabbing and unloving .

so in the end I try to take care of my own life as best I can to praise God , and listen to those who love him as best I can and leave the Lord to "fix" us all and remember we all live under a huge butch of grace.

I like these forums it makes me talk to myself and then read and think about what I just said! lol

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God is the one that should be honored in our daily living among others. We are the salt of the earth that have not lost it flavor. We might be the only bible that some might read. People look at how one lives instead of so much lip service. We want others to taste and see that the Lord is good. "Blending" is like a little right or a little wrong. We are either with God or against God. We are a separated people, chosen by God. We have to live like we belong to him. People don't want a lot of lip service, they to see you living according to God's word. Let us live so others can see God in us. GOD IS LOVE.

:rolleyes: LETS BE CARE OUT THERE :rolleyes:

We must live good lives among the lost,that they may see Jesus in our lives.Doing good deeds also in Jesus name.Show them "Christ"by your life.This could lead the lost to our Lord and Savior.Though they may criticize you at first,in the long run,with hope and prayer they will soon praise God with you.We must be diffrent,set ourselves apart from our sinful nature.

Blending in is just compromising with sin,and sin is death."We want life"!Life for our families ,friends,and people God puts in our pathways.

Give God Glory and Praise in everything you do and accomplish.With Him you can do all things.Without God you can do nothing Amen.

I believe that to stand out as a christian is always giving praise to our Lord. We are being watched even in simple things, such as shopping, walking on the street and driving our car. Sometimes even a smile is an opening for a conversation. People should always see Jesus in our actions and that in itself is praise, not of our doing, but of the Holy Spirit working through us. Helping to feed the homeless, the sick and just helping shut-ins are good examples of Jesus. He was the servant of all and that is our example to follow. To me there are two different kinds of blending in; one is in the world blending which is not what we should seek to do. The other type of blending is the fellowship with other believers. This of course gives our Father glory. Blending into the world is not going to give testimony to our Lord, but it will and could cause our brothers to stumble. This I would not like to do on purpose. It also means making wise decisions on where you go and with whom you are with. That is why it is important to wittness in all your ways, and not with just words. Works can be a meaningfull way of showing praise to the Father and being a testimony at the same time.

I am going to answer all 5 questions in this one section.

That the Priest is a direct link to Jesus Christ. (B) we as Christians have direct access to Christ also.

Everything that hath breath is called to praise the Lord. Ps.150:6 God also commands inanimate nature to praise Him. We should praise in mind,spirit, speech, song, and any way possible.

We are to declare praises of him who called us out of darkness into His wonderful light. We are a chosen people and belong to God.

We are only passing through this world on our way to Glory. We should not partake of sinful desires that war against our souls. Our citizenship is in heaven not this world and we belong to Christ.

God has told us to love one another & to do unto others, so every act that we do that God has commanded is an act of praise. When we blend in we are becoming like one of the world & not doing as commanded of God. We are not to accept the worldly things as that is not Christlike.

How can the good deeds we commit by living openly as Christians increase God's praise? How does our blending in detract from God's praise?

Not just hearing the message over and over, but seeing is believing. To see God's ways' in action and to see that the truth works can and does draw people to Christ. All of the 'fruits' of the Holy Spirit are evidence of Gods' active presence in the lives of believers. Those who witness miracles. gifts of kindness, true joy, love without measure....can not help to bring forth praise, even those who don't consider themselves believers. On the contrary when we 'blend' in we are just denying His truth and simply saying our own faith is somewhat lacking and that being a believer isn't very special at all.

It is so easy to blend in, so people won't notice your love of God. I believe that by doing good deeds, quietly but in God's name spreads more goodness and faithfulness--than shouting and great works. In my community, by working ceaselessly and doing small tasks, God's work is seen more favourably. To try and push your beliefs on people makes resentment rise and people stand back. A quiet suggestion -- can eventually reach fruition-- a constant working to try and lead a life that God would want me to lead is living a life of hope anf faith guided by the knowledge that God knows my struggles. We cannot 'blend in completely' but taking some leadership in church and community helps to spread God's love and to show ny love for Him. Also, small acts that are known only to me, the receiver of my action and God are also valuable in the expression of my love for My Master.

Q5. (2:12) How can the good deeds we commit by living openly as Christians increase God's praise. How does our "blending in" detract from God's praise?

We are the temple of the Holy Spirit and being a Christian, made us ambassador of Christ. Thus, by potraying good deeds according to God's word, we are able to bring glory to Him! But "blending in" into the carnal world's norm, we are detracting ourselves from God's praise. Peter urges us to live a good lives so that we may bring glory to god!

How can the good deeds we commit by living openly as Christians increase God's praise. How does our "blending in" detract from God's praise?

Living righteous lives and staying connected to the Vine allow our bodies to show forth the glory of God. Since we are now the light of the world, we should live our lives so that others may turn to the light that is in us. Blending in is part of the carnal nature which does not magnify Christ.

:D A friend of mine sent me an e-mail list good deeds, few of which I quote below.

Remember that loving words heal quickly.

Don't forget that ultimately we are judged by what we give , not by what we get.

Don't work for recognition, but do work worthy of recognition.

When someone lets you down, do not give up on him/her.

Be willing to accept temporary inconvenience for a permanent improvement.

Rebuild a broken relationship.

When you see someone sitting alone on the bench, make it a point to speak to him/her.

Servants are most like Jesus. We want Jesus to live now through us. When we are aware of the needs around us and meet those needs without being asked, with no expectation of a return and a willingness to serve even those who reject us we do even as Jesus did, to Gods' glory. Jesus washed the feet of His apostles, even Judas feet, knowing what the future would hold. I believe when we make ourselves available as servants of God it won't go unnoticed. If you help one person there is no telling how far that will go. It could lead to them hearing the gospel from you or that service may lead you to open doors you never knew existed. You don't ask or expect any glory yourself for the deeds you do with a humble spirit, but God honors true service. If you know these things you are blessed if you do them. Blending in reminds me of when I was a teenager and I wanted to dress like the crowd and do the things the crowd did. Just because the world is doing it doesn't make it right!! It might be easier at first, but it eventually takes its toll on you. If your relationship to God is right then you will be outstanding in spirit and able to refuse to blend in with the crowd or the times. It is impossible to have a strong witness when you go along with the world.

When we do good deeds toward others we are showing God's love.When we are just "blending in" we are not showing God's love, mercy and grace to one another they are not seeing his love through us if we just "blend in"

Many Blessings to You all!

In Jesus's name

:D

Q5. (2:12) How can the good deeds we commit by living openly as Christians increase God's praise. How does our "blending in" detract from God's praise?

Good deeds are deeds which give God the glory and not necessarily good in the sight of men. Our good deeds as Christians are seen as being influenced by the living Christ in us. Non-Christians see the actions as indeed the work of Christ in us, thus giving God the due glory and honor. Whereas if we compromise with thier style of living and live lives that are not different than theirs, the Non-Christians see no difference in life styles and thus are not inclined to accept God and His divine code of conduct. Conclusively, God is not honored and respected by our living. <_<

If it hurts when you are living a christian life

then we are in the way to be compasionate

and helpful to others to come to Christ Jesus.

It is my Ego that wants to talk about my good deeds

so I must quiet all of this by given the credit to whom

the credit belongs and it is our FATHER, that out of

the greatest love He gave His only Son for our salvation.

Walking tall in the light of the Spirit and still be small as

a grain of sand.

Humble myself to God and to my brothers and sisters

be of service to every one, love every one incluiding

what I call my enemies after all I made them.

Be honest to God, be sincere in my prayers

and surrender my life to Him.

Others can talk, after we all have that freedom

and at the end all brothers and sisters will stand

together singing hymns of Glory, Glory to God in the

highest.

He has revealed himself in the Scripture and we all

will march victorious prasing him in eternity.

Why blend with others when we have been chosen

we are the living sacrifices, we are the temples and

form one powerful loving church, we do not take

prisioners, we help them to become free.

Let it be known JESUS reigns for ever and ever AMEN.

May God richly bless you and give us strength to

prophesie the Gospel.

Our good deeds show others that Gods way is the right way. That living for Him brings great joy and it shines though us. We don't have to go with out because we follow Him. Our needs are all taken care of. We end up with more then others.

When we blend in our light doesn't shine bright, we are dim so we stubble around in the dark . Our actions don't have the same meaning, we become sinful. We must put Him first and make ourselfs shine so others may see what our God does for us.

By living our lives openly as Christians, we let nonbelievers know there is something different about us.

They may make fun of our faith, but usually we are the first ones they come to when they need help.

If we blend in, becoming closet or secret Christians, we are in effect hiding our gospel light.

Our good deeds done openly can encourage non-believers and witness to them the goodness and generosity of the Lord. Living in obscurity, or blending in, does not give any opportunity for others to know of your faith nor does it give opportunity for the Lords work to be done through action or word, resulting in no praise being given to the Lord.

• 2 months later...

1 Pet 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. <<<I can't explain this any clearer for the first part of this question.

Blending into the way's of the world detract's from Gods' praise, for one because it's the exact opposite of His guidance and there for "one" would be given up and over to a reprobate mind, in which they were appointed. For two because nonbelievers wouldn't see any change and there by continue to think that doing life their way is fine, never turning to God.

a. In the context of Peter's letter, the conversion of unbelievers may be partially attributed to their observation of the lives (good deeds) of Christians and their own conversion would be at least one aspect of increasing God's praise, as each soul is added to His Kingdom. Even greater praise, honor and glory would be added to Him as their lives are changed and become even further witness to unbelievers within their sphere of influence.

b. Conversely, when we compromise our faith by "blending in" with the world, the gospel message loses its effectiveness, the church is no longer distinctive and "set apart" and whatevr glory and praise God would have received through the conversion of unbelievers has been lost!

By showing to others the joy of praising God we can increase God's praise.

If we try to blend in then noone can tell that we are praising God and may be tempted to fall into sin and to conform to society.

• 5 weeks later...

The good deeds we commit by living openly as Christians increase God's praise by proving to nonbelievers that there is honor and blessing by being faithful and obedient to the Lord. Our "blending in" detract from God's praise because we cannot reveal His glory in our lives unless we fully rely on Him for our needs.

• 2 months later...

When we live our lives in a self sacrificing way, it is so obviously different than the way the world lives. Self sacrifice is a beautiful thing. It leads us to forgive when people don't deserve forgiveness. It leads us to go out of our way to help others. When we copy Jesus' example of how to treat each other , it will be a fragrant offering to our community. They will see the beauty of unselfishness and they can then SEE what God's character is all about. They will see HIS beauty and praise Him for it.

On the other hand, when we "blend in", we bring such disservice to God. People see that we behave just like the world. They see that if we can't overcome then they can't overcome either and there's not any hope for either of us. It makes it appear as if God isn't powerful. It detracts from His authority.

• 7 months later...

People will see God's love through us. People will begin to see how different we are from the world. And there's a desire in each and everyone of us to have the same peace and comfort and assurance and stability that only God can provide for us. When other people see that in us, they will want that to, simply becaude people are looking (craving) for semthing that is real and genuine.

What "fruits" will be seen in Christians if we just blend in with the rest of the world. What would set Christians apart from them if we think, act, speak and behave the way the majority of the world does. What could posssibly attract others to God if Christians live out their lives in the same way as the rest of the word? (We would no longer be walking lights.)