JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Jesus' Prayer Pattern

Question 1: (Mark 1:33-39)

Answer to question 1 (Mark11:33-39) Jesus withdrew to a solitary place everyday at dawn to pray was an important pattern in His life, one which He sought to demonstrate before His disciples for them to emulate.

Why do you think he spends Quiet Time with the Father before the day begins?

Jesus Christ wants to seek guidance and direction on what God wants Him to do next.

How does this prepare him for his ministry?

He will be able face challenges and defeat temptations. He will be certain of what to do.

How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do?

By desiring Him to continue healing new crowds which sought His help.

(Mark 1:37-38) Why?

Jesus priority was not healing. He was impelled to preach in other villages too, which He says it is the reason why He came.

Do you have a Quiet Time?

Yes I do have a quiet time.

What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day?

I have to avoid some of the pleasures and commitments which take most of my quiet time.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question:  (Mark 1:  33 -  35)    (a) What  Pattern  do  you  see  emerging  in  Jesus  prayer  life?  (b) How  did  the  disciples  desires  for  Jesus  differ from   what  Jesus  felt  impelled  to  do? (c)  Do  you  have  a  quiet  time?

Answers: 

a)    Jesus  the  Son  of  God  and  the  Son  of  man,  filled  with  the  Holy  Spirit  made   it  his  duty   to  be  alone  in  a  quiet  place.  At  this  lonely  peaceful  place   undisturbed   he  would  pray  to   the  Father  before   day  begins.  He  would  receive  instructions  for  the  day  ahead.  There  in  private,  he  could  tell  the  Father  all  about  his  day, and  get  his  Father's  opinion  on  all  that  he  had  done  on  that  day.     This   shows   the   unshakable  bond  between  Father  and  Son.

b)     Jesus  precious  Jesus  whose  name is  above  all  names  differ  from   his  disciples  because   they  would  seek  him  to  heal  the  sick of  all  manner  of  illnesses  and  cast  out  demons  but  Jesus   was  about  the  Father's  business   which   was   to  establish  his  ministry  and  to  teach  his  selected  disciples  all  about  the  Kingdom  of  God.

c)   For   many,  many  year  I  have   always   seek  the  Lord   several  times  night  and  day  alone  and  undisturbed  in  prayer  and  asking  for  his  help  for  myself,  family  and  those  who  contacted  me  home  and  abroad  for  healing.

Question:  (Mark  1:  37 - 28)    

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus had a pattern of raising early before day break to seek a quite place to commune with his father.  This was his time to receive instructions from God and to just talk and express his desires and seek guidance.  Jesus often spoke of doing only the will of him who sent him, so in order for him to know the will of the Father, he had to commune with him daily.  This prepared him for his ministry because he received instructions from God on what to do for each day and each phase of his ministry.  The disciples desires was for Jesus to attend to the those who were seeking healing and miracles from him.  Although Jesus healed many, he only did the will of the Father, and on this day the father's will for him was to go and preach or teach, not heal.  The disciples thought that Jesus should attend to the needs of the massive crowds that followed them and came knocking on their door.  They did not understand that Jesus is not doing his will or anyone else's, only what God, his father is telling him to do!  Thy will o Lord be done.  Not my will, but thy will be done.  We are God's creation and He created us for His pleasure, to do His will.  " For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before hand, that we would walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10). In order to know the will of the Father, we have to talk with him and commune with him and in doing so we will hear from him and know what his desire is for us.  We should follow the example of Jesus in choosing a quite place of solitude, where there are no distractions, so that we can focus all of our attention on hearing when the father speaks to us.

• 2 months later...

(Mark 1:33-39) What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus’ prayer life? Why do you think he spends Quiet Time with the Father before the day begins? How does this prepare him for his ministry? How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do? (Mark 1:37-38) Why? Do you have a Quiet Time? What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day?

He has a rhythm of working from a position of rest and listening with the Father. He is not letting the "world" set His agenda. This means He has to set His diary with that prayer appointment and the early appointment is best although an all night one is needed at times.

It prepares Him in that He is not wrong footed, not taken by surprise. He won't let the disciples set His agenda. He has the "big picture" to be an itinerant preacher and not stay in one place to build the Mega church!

I have a regular time of prayer Andrew meditation early in the day, a pattern I had when working as a pastor and now continue in "retirement" , but it doesn't have to be so much in line with the clock and appointments. I could improve by having a time in the morin in game but also a time at night. The early time for me and God, the later time more focussed on intercession.

• 4 weeks later...

To awake in the morning and take that first breath realizing it is a gift from Yehovah turns my  mind and longing for time with the creator and sustainer of my life. It is the perfect time before my life gets cluttered with the days events to give myself up to Him and and submit my will to the Father for His instruction and direction. I will be able to hear His prompting , whispers more clearly and more often if I learn to listen at the hour of my awakening and better prepare my heart to receive His Word. If I do this daily and often I will recognize Yehovahs soft voice and the Spirits prompting during each and every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Mark 1:33-39) What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus’ prayer life? 

Jesus had a consistent prayer life. He rose very early in the morning to seek His Father in order to have intimacy with Him, to seek guidance from Him so that He would be obedient to Him in His walk on the earth. 

Why do you think he spends Quiet Time with the Father before the day begins?

Jesus enjoyed communing with His Father before He faced the day. He wanted to spend time in intimacy with the One Who mattered the most to Him. And He wanted this time with His Father to be without any disturbance or distraction from anyone else and so He chose the early morning time when it is quiet. 

How does this prepare him for his ministry?

He received direction, guidance for every moment of His life on earth. Whatever He did in His walk on the earth was as directed by His Father. He doesn’t get carried away by His disciples demand to serve the people, because He had clear directions from His Father and the Father vouched for it by saying “This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased”.

How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do? (Mark 1:37-38) Why?

His disciples wanted Him to minister according to the needs of the people rather than the direction given by His Father. 

Do you have a Quiet Time? What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day?

I do. But would like to improve the time with God by avoiding distractions to which I am succumbing to.

Q1. (Mark 1:33-39) What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus’ prayer life? Why do you think he spends Quiet Time with the Father before the day begins?  How could this prepare him for his ministry?

While we see here that Jesus was ministering to the whole city, this would have made him tired and exhausted. Yet, the next morning, He wakes up much before the dawn and spends time in prayer at a solitary place. He always sought a solitary place to spend time in prayer, away from the crowd, away from the busy-ness and away from all distractions to focus on His Father. This time enabled Him to be refreshed in His Father’s presence, to receive the directions and surrender in obedience to His Father’s will. By this, Jesus was clear in His ministry what next to do to avoid being led by the pressures of men and society. He stayed focused even when the disciples spoke contrary plans for the day, which assures Jesus received clear direction from His Father what to do. That is why He could accomplish all that Father desired in short span of His ministry while on the earth. This is a lesson for me to underrating the secret in effective ministr6.

How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do? (Mark 1:37-38) Why?

Jesus sought to hear the voice of His Father early in the morning, while the disciples woke up to the noise of the crowd. This is a big difference as to what moves us and stirs us. Is it the presence of God or the noise of the crowd? While Jesus had sought clear direction from His Father, He was not moved by what disciples desired. Clear direction from the Father allowed Jesus to fulfill the mission He had been laid with. It is important to hear clear from God to avoid all distractions and misleadings in our life. 

Do you have a Quiet Time? What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day?

i do have Quiet time but desire for more. 

Need to spend quality time to hear precisely, do as He said without any distractions that come by during the busy-ness of the day.

never to be moved by emotions but only by His Presence and utterances.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Mark 1:33-39) What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus’ prayer life?

The pattern I see emerging in Jesus' prayer life si that he goes off to pray by himself.  Looking for a quiet, solitary place, without distraction and frequently , eventhough there are others present he still finds a place where he can be alone with his Father.

I think Jesus spends quiet time with his father before the day begins so that he can recentre himself on what the Fathers heart for his life and day is.  To hear from his Father, to be one with his Father, to know His fathers work for him and love for him.  

This prepares Jesus for his ministry becuase by know his father Heart by maintaining a time to listen to his Father Jesus knows the will of his Father and the delight He has in him and the permission the Father has given to go, do and be.

How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do?

The disciples desire for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt to impelled to do because the disciples where swept up in the joy of seeing people healed and made well that they wanted this new found fame of their lead 'superstar' to continue. 

(Mark 1:37-38) Why? Do you have a Quiet Time?

They wanted for Jesus to be known for this as they understood his healing to be the main focus of his ministry and hence by associated so would they.

To improve the quality of my time with God each day, I will maintain the time I have set aside to meet with God, but improve it by also asking and listening for God's will for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Q1. Jesus is developing a pattern of getting up early in the morning before daybreak and going to an isolated or solitary place to pray. 

Q2. Spending quiet time with the father before the day begins helps him to keep him connected or have communion or fellowship with the father, to hear and get guidance from him. 

Q3. This enables him to remain focused on his mission, be refreshed, reflect, plan and prioritise activities. 

Q4. The disciples' desire was for Jesus to focus on delivering benefits of healing and deliverance to people in their hometown or area who had already gathered early in the morning yet Jesus's desire was to spread the good news to other towns and cities. 

Q5. I do not have a quiet time. It is my desire to have one. 

Q6. Consistency and reading the Bible and prayer

• 2 months later...

Q1. (Mark 1:33-39) What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus' prayer life? Why do you think he spends Quiet Time with the Father before the day begins? How does this prepare him for his ministry? How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do? (Mark 1:37-38) Why? Do you have a Quiet Time? What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day

Rising up early before anyone else.

Going to a quiet place. Spending time with God.His mind is in the right state from the very start of the day before everyone else is awake. He can think and see in ways others can’t.

yes. Increase time spent with God

The Lord’s pattern I see is that He seeks the Fathers will for the day. I think this is how the Lord heard and saw what the Father was doing and then He carried it out. This is also why I believe the Lord had quiet time with the Father before that day began. Like a kid and his dad with the kid saying, “what are we going to do today daddy? Whats your plan?”  I this prepared Him to carry out the will of the Father for that day. That even if there was something urgent like the disciples looking for Him He would not veer off course but stay true to what the Father had spoken. As for me and my Quiet Time, I surely could improve on waking up early to be with my Father. Not in a a religious mechanical sense but because thats how the Lord Jesus did it and He told me to follow Him:) I thank God because writing this response out has truley opened my eyes to the necessity, blessing, and privilege of having a quiet time with the Father like Jesus truly is!!!

• 5 months later...

Spending Quiet time in a solitaire place allows one to be away from distractions and have the ability to hear from God. The disciples wanted him to minister to the needs of the people: In order to minister to the needs of people one must be prepared to stand in power and hear from God, trusting him to provide what is needed. 

• 3 weeks later...

What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus' prayer life?

Jesus got up very early while still dark and left to a solitary place to pray. Jesus spent his quiet time with God with nobody around him. 

Early in the day, especially before dawn, is the quietest time of day when many others are asleep. There is no disturbance while Jesus seeking God.   Jesus seeking His Father’s guidance for the day ahead and ask for His protection and blessing for the day.

How does this prepare Him for His ministry?

Jesus start His Ministry, first He give thanks and seeking His guidance for the day.  

How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do? Why?
The disciples wanted Jesus to continue ministering to the people of Capernaum and He should continue to heal the new crowds of sick people in town who are demanding His help.
Jesus ignores their demands and says: "Let us go somewhere else -- to the nearby villages -- so I can preach there also. That is why I have come" (vs. 38). Jesus must hear from God to go and preach elsewhere before he start His day. 

Same for us, everyday we have to spend our quiet time with God before we start our day. 

Yes I do but not regular. 

What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day?

I have to disciple myself to have my quiet time with God more regular. 

• 2 weeks later...

The pattern I see is that Jesus wanted to be Isolated from the many distractions of His ministry.  He wanted to be alone with His Father so he could Hear what the Father wonted to say to Him.

I think Jesus went early to pray because His day was so filled with situations that were out of His control this way He could Tap into the Fathers will for His day ahead.

Jesus prays to the Father knowing it keeps Him in line with the Father reminding him that His Father is with Him , and He can do all things through His Father who sent Him.

The apostles felt because of His fame He could reach more people, teach and heal.  But Jesus was impelled to be with the Farher to be confident He was doing His Father’s will.

My quiet time has at times been interrupted by family members and  distractive thoughts. I have been praying for the Lord to guide me in Prioritizing my day beginning with my quiet time and devotions with the Lord .

• 3 months later...

What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus’ prayer life?

In the beginning Jesus' relationship with his Father was a personal one, exclusive to him. As he gets closer to his disciples, it’s becoming apparent that Jesus was opening up the relationship with his Father, with his disciples, so that they could learn by watching him.  The objective here was for everyone to best serve the Holy Father.

Quiet time was sought so that Jesus could align the desires of his Father, without getting distracted from the desires of his followers. Early morning hours were likely sought because it is the beginning of a new day, for which to receive that day’s goal from the Holy Father.

It allowed Jesus to make it a habit to serve his Father’s needs first, at the start of the day. This also teaches his disciples to make it a point to connect with the Holy Father, first thing in the day, so that they too could best serve him. 

How did the disciples desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do?

Jesus knew that he could not act without first consulting his Father and it was likely the case that often times, the guidance from the Holy Father differed from what was expected and desired from the followers. The Father likely had longterm objectives in which Jesus’ purpose had more to do with teaching about eternal life,  rather than the immediate desires of his followers, which was to heal the sick. 

If Jesus went around just healing people before delivering the Word of God to the followers, the act of being healed could potentially have harmful and selfish outcomes. People might just come around to get healed, and never look back at the teaching of Jesus and the value of righteousness in understanding God's love. His disciples may not have understood this in the beginning but I'm sure over time, they saw what Jesus was doing, and was diligently following.

I heard that a blind person who was good before they lost their sight will remain good, even in darkness. The righteous will stay the course.  A wicked person will stay wicked in sight and without, if they do not understand the value of living a righteous and honest life. They will be bitter, hostile and difficult to be around. People, if true and honest in spirit, should learn from their mistakes (sins.)  The troublemakers are the ones that don't understand this. It will be hard to understand this without the teaching of Jesus, and hence this is likely why he and the Holy Father, put the teaching before the act of healing. 

Yes. I do this at the end of the day, when everyone has gone to bed. I feel more comfortable with the night time, quiet time because it helps me prepare for the next day.

I wish I could learn to pray more eloquently. Sometimes I feel like I'm just spilling it out without there being a focus to what I'm asking for.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/28/2017 at 1:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (Mark 1:33-39) What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus’ prayer life? Why do you think he spends Quiet Time with the Father before the day begins? How does this prepare him for his ministry? How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do? (Mark 1:37-38) Why? Do you have a Quiet Time? What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day?

The pattern I see emerging in Jesus' prayer life, based on the scripture, is one of leaving the place where he slept very early in the morning and going away to pray.

I think He spends quiet time with the Father before the day begins so that He can receive directions and instructions for the day from His Father.

The disciples' desire for Jesus differs in that they wanted Him to 'perform' for the people by healing the sick and delivering the demon possessed, and generally being the most sought after man of the decade. Jesus, on the other hand, just wanted to do what His Father told Him to do.

I think Jesus' disciples wanted Him to continue doing what He had done at Peter's mother-in-law's house, 1. because a lot of people were healed and delivered, and 2. they enjoyed being associated with Jesus, who turned out to be such a miracle worker, and by default, put them in the spotlight - making them famous, for, after a while they would be recognized as being His disciples.

I did not have a quiet time because I just couldn't 'blank' my mind as I was told I had to do in order to hear from God.

To improve the quality of my time with God each day, I can schedule a time which would be dedicated to Him with no outside distractions, no phones, no television, just me and Him.

• 1 month later...

The pattern I see is:
Pray: Seek the Fathers will, for His life, for that day.
Work: Do the Fathers will for the day.
Rest: Refreshed and ready for the next day to do Our Fathers Will.

Jesus spent quiet time with Our Father, before the day begins:
To give Him glory, honour, and praise for who He is and the great things He has done, and gratitude for another day to do His Will. Jesus submits Himself to Our Fathers Will on a daily basis, before the day begins in order for our Father to guide Him throughout that day.
In doing so Jesus receives counsel, guidence, power, and strength for the busy day ahead.

The disciples desire for Jesus was to stay and continue preaching in one village, but Jesus wanted to move on to the next. This would need commitment, and dedication, from the disciples as they would have to leave their village and families to follow Him.

Jesus came to do His Fathers Will, not mans will. To travel throughout Galilee, not just one village. He came to preach Our Fathers Kingdom, to heal the sick, and to cast out demons everywhere He went, to everyone He met, and those who heard, believed and received, were healed, and spread the news.

Yes I do have quiet time with Our Father throughout the day, but with no designated set times. Every day is different. The lives of others, those around me, and the trials they go though, tend to bring me to my knees in prayer for them, asking for Our Fathers mercy, grace, comfort, peace, council, and Will. For the situations they find themselves in, to bring them closer to Him, to know Him intimately.

To improve the quality of my time with Our Father each day. Although I do most days, I will try to improve on that designated 'me' time with Him before the day begins, 'everyday'.

Love and Blessings to you all. Xx

• 2 months later...

Jesus made it a custom and priority to " talk to God before He ever tried talking to people" , His time alone with our Father helped Jesus to put His day and ministry in order. It's the quiet time alone with God, our heavenly Father is where the victory for the battle is won. It's in those times I can see the road ahead, and the many voices are quieted and I get clarity.

• 1 month later...

Jesus sought His Father early before daybreak to hear what The Father's instructions were for Him for the day. It was evident that He did indeed receive instructions because He said to His Disciples that He must go into the neighboring towns to preach although they wanted Him to do differently.

I need a closer walk with The Lord don't really spend that time regularly talking to God   trying to get back to that place. Really hoping this study will help me.

• 3 months later...
On 1/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, JanMary said:

1: Jesus was up before dawn, spending time alone with His Father in prayer, away from distractions before He began His day and being "about His Father's business".

2. Jesus was fully God and fully man....limiting Himself to dependence upon His Father for wisdom, guidance, knowledge, provision....for everything, just as we are if we're fully committed to Him.

3. Having been refreshed and renewed and fully surrendered to His Father's will before He began His day, enabled and prepared Him to face anything and everything that He would be facing.

4. The disciples were not born again and filled with the Holy Spirit until Pentecost, so their desires were limited and guided by their own insight and limits and what they felt pressure to attend to in the flesh.

5. Yes. I learned years ago that unless I spend the first few hours alone with Him, my day unravels and is spent in frustration without His preparation to face what comes. I have a special quiet place where I go every morning before others are up and about. I sit with Him with my cup of coffee and enjoy His Presence. I  also learned all those years ago that He desires an honest, vulnerable, no holds barred relationship with me...just like a healthy father daughter relationship should be. (I didn't have that with my earthly father so It's been a learning process. It's been precious to discover that I can express anger and frustration (in a respectful way) as well as every emotion which He's blessed us with). Recently I said "I'm angry Papa, that after all of the hundreds of prayers I've prayed asking You to motivate my husband to go to the doctor, it's come to this! (advanced basal cell skin cancer, neglected for years, that required major surgery.) I heard "I could have lit a fire under him at any point! This is My timing, trust Me."  (He is always right of course!!! This cancer treatment required him to be attached to a pump/vac machine 24/7 for over a month, after painful surgery, extensive nursing care at home, painful treatments for the 7" long 2"  deep open wound,  loss of dignity (wound is in his groin area), then back to the hospital with serious pneumonia for another stay 4 day stay. During the course of all of this, the Lord has been healing him on the inside...his inner man, which is a beautiful thing to behold and experience. The Lord "causing all things to work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes, Rom 8:28, and v. 29: that we may be conformed to His image. (The gentleness, sweetness and gratitude expressed, the humility and words of praise, hearing "I love you" for the first time in 51 years are the answers to many years of seemingly unanswered prayers...coming all at once! What a Savior we love and worship!) His timing is always perfect!!!

6. The challenge for me if the days demands are pressing in,  is to remember to spend as much time listening as I do reading His word and my other devotions and talking,  so I can hear His heart for me and for my day before I get going.  I journal every day and write down what my concerns and prayers are and His thoughts and impressions and Rhema words are to me. I also write in my Bible, dates and notes when He speaks to me a promise or personal word re: the scripture I'm reading. My Bible has become a record of our relationship, many tear stains...... but such a joy to see the evidence of His faithfulness "in ink" on the pages.

What a wonderful testimony! I am inspired by your words. Have you completed the book? If so, where can it be purchased? E. Goodwin

• 2 weeks later...

The Bible is sketchy about Jesus’ prayer time: I know very little about how he prayed, what he said, or why he prayed. I only know that he pulled away from other people to be alone with God, and that he did so early in the morning before the sun rose. I’m certain he prayed at other times and not just when performing miracles.

I’m curious – did Jesus bow his head? Prostrate himself? Face the rising sun? Did he pray aloud? Speak in tongues? Did he converse with God or was his prayer more of a monologue? I know only that he went into the desert … into nature, to pray. Away from people. He didn’t go into a synagogue or human-made structure, but into the desert. And he didn’t invite anyone to come with him.

I also don’t know if this was a pattern, if Jesus prayed alone in the wee hours every day, or occasionally. And I don’t know if Jesus was “impelled” to pray at this time and in that manner. He may have felt compelled, but maybe in obedience he snuck away to pray.

The disciples wanted Jesus to interact more with the crowds, particularly during the times he had withdrawn from the people to be alone with God. They were more interested in what Jesus was doing than in Jesus’ spiritual needs and character.

I get up every morning between 4 and 6am and pray, to write and study, often until noon. I take a break in this time to walk Pup and do some cleaning, so it’s not a solid block of time. Often, too, I write and answer emails. I view this time as “work.” I am working at being with God. Because I view it as work, that is, as a discipline I don’t want to neglect, it’s not joy-filled. I don’t converse with God as much as talk at him. A conversation with him would be best, thus, I’d like to hear his voice, which is why I'm at this forum.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Q1. (Mark 1:33-39) What pattern do you see emerging in Jesus' prayer life? Why do you think he spends Quiet Time with the Father before the day begins? How does this prepare him for his ministry? How did the disciple desires for Jesus differ from what Jesus felt impelled to do? (Mark 1:37-38) Why? Do you have a Quiet Time? What could you do to improve the quality of your time with God each day? 

Jesus either begins his day in prayer or He prays through the night. He often goes away to lonely places, mountains, etc. He is with His Father first before all else.  It is so hard for me to be disciplined in this, I am ashamed to say. But how can I live my life each day without turning to Him first? How can I make good decisions without Him? I cannot. How can He use me when I flit about like Martha? 

This is why I’m here….to practice getting back with Him first each morning—to seek Him and His wisdom. 

I have my journal, my prayer buddy dear husband, and no mentor yet. Each day this week I have spent time in His Word in the morning. But I am distant from the Lord. Praying for safety to seek Him. In my life very few people have been safe, and unfortunately I think God is unsafe. I tend not to go to Him. But just because I struggle in my heart with this does not mean He cannot heal me from this. 

• 4 months later...

Jesus woke very  early in the morning to go to serene place to communicate with his Father.  He was consistent in this endeavour as I think he gained serenity, focus from spending time with his Father. The disciples looked at the peoples demands for Jesus and dried to persuade him to go and perform more miracles and get more notoriety. Jesus on the other hand was impelled to follow the Fathers  guidance and continue his mission to safe others throughout Galilee.  I do try to spend time in the morning and evening. I need to be consistent and make more effort.