JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Patience

Q1. (Acts 9:30; Galatians 1:15-17) Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important? Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth? Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? To listening for God's voice?

• 3 weeks later...

People with any ambition in our society know hard work and working hard at the right things pays off, sometimes sooner than later, depending upon relationships and contacts at the right time, consequently a new Christian can bring that mindset into his or her new life in Christ.  The old pattern of thinking must change.  Learning to meditate in God's Word rather than a worldly leadership book takes some time.  Learning, pondering, and doing all go together but a biblical principle is, "think before you leap".  Faith is not blind, faith is biblically informed.  Beliefs and actions need to line up.  Saul, who became Paul, had lots of belief, but in the wrong direction.  His zeal needed to become informed and directed by the Holy Spirit.  So going to James we read, "Jas 1:2  My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 
Jas 1:3  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 
Jas 1:4  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."  So perseverance through trial yields patience as we submit to the Spirit.  As God taught Paul, the Spirit teaches us that we must take time to listen to God if we are going present Who He is and what He says to a hurting world.  Listening is a basically lost "art" and listening for and to God requires silence on our part with our mind set on Christ and the Word.  I think of how patient God is with me and has been patient with me, when I am impatient with others.  I thank God for HIS patience. 

Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important?

Perhaps they do not rest in the Lord and stay in the peace of the Lord and wait for the Lord to speak.

Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth?

Even though we may know God’s plan for us, we must know and acknowledge that he wants to transform us from within first, just as Paul was just left blind completely for three days, but He prayed and God shows him Ananias.In the same way we need to allow and trust the Lord first.

Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? To listening for God's voice?

Because the process of waiting and learning and going through the valleys and the mountains are just as important  as the end product of the leadership as many of us desire so much.

Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important?

Sometimes we feel that in order to reach our goals we must be doing something important to accomplish that goal.  When in reality, we may need to just be still and wait on the Lord.

Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth? Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? To listening for God's voice? 

God knows the plan he has for us. We must be patient until He is ready for us to fulfill that plan. God is preparing us to do the job he has assigned for us.  Part of that preparation is for us to draw close to him.  The closer we get to God the clearer we will hear his voice.

Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important? Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth? Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? To listening for God's voice?

Many Christians struggle when they don't seem to be doing anything important - this is true for most people when they believe that to be busy is to be successful.  Busy is good but does not always accomplish anything.  We need to remember to be still and know that God is God.  His plans for us are in His timing. It is hard to sit still and we must stop and think about what God has said in the Psalms, Proverbs, and New Testament.  To rest in Him, seek Him, to lean on Him, to Trust Him, to follow Him, etc.   All these thing are important because they lead to the need for patience which in turn helps us to grow into the plans that God has for us.  We do not know the whole plan but even if we are walking in His plan we still need to grow into where He is taking us.

if one lacks a deep spiritual foundation the trials the things of the world can chip away their belief and bring them into a dry wilderness where they forget what it means to wait on the Lord.  Listen to God and hearing His voice over the chaos that surrounds us daily is a sure way to produce leaders that will stand firm in their beliefs and bring peace into the leadership position they hold.  Surely John 14:27 should be a guiding verse for all those in leadership "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives...."  I believe that to be an effective leader one must be fill with the peace of the Lord.

Q1. (Acts 9:30; Galatians 1:15-17) Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important?

In my opinion this is too difficult a question to answer, simply because each Christian is different. Even if the motive is pure and God’s the situation/circumstance thwarting/preventing he/she from doing anything he/she deems important may differ.

I think the key phrase/words word within the question is “don't seem to be.”  So if the motive is pure his/her perspective maybe fuzzy. What we may see as not important maybe magnanimous in the Spirit realm. Scripture says, “there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.”  That was extremely important even though at that moment one person turned to the Lord.

Paul in his travels or better during his missionary journeys experienced highs and lows but in the end with hindsight 20/20 he recognized the value of continuing in the faith, living a life wherein God gets the glory.    

I think it’s important for ALL Servants of the Most High as he/she walk with a zeal to serve  to always ***** his/her walk as he/she continue conversing with the Lord. Everything He instructs is important.

If one motive is tainted he/she could lose sight; his/her spiritual sight could become cloudy due to comparison and or being partly influenced by another advisory. All this advisory needs is a foothold to build a stronghold. We must remain plugged into the Source, every step of faith we demonstrate in faith through faith as test/temptation arise we demonstrate importance to the call. In the walk ask: Am I seeing the Lord clearly? Am I seeing myself clearly? What am I pursuing? Elijah after the mountain top experience needed a Spiritual Eye examination; Paul after facing rejection at times needed Spiritual encouragement. I believe each Believers will at times need a Spiritual Eye examination and Spiritual encouragement. It is ever important to maintain a Servants heart, regardless of the earthly title one hold, regardless of the level of the zeal on carries, the greatest importance is that we continue His service in is guidance. As He guides He will provide, as He deemed growth, maturity, developments in Him is sufficient just as He ministered via the Parable of the Talents/ Minas, He will do likewise according to His will.       

If truth be told most of us don’t like waiting, I mean if we’re genuinely honest with ourselves , most people to include the Saints of the Most High do not like to wait. Yet there are many-many passages of Scripture that advise the importance of waiting.

In this life we will face opposition/challenges/test,/trails/temptations etc…

Luke 8:15 -  But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Romans 5:1-5; James 1:3,4

2nd Peter 1:6 -  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

Hebrews 6:12 -  … …  and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36 -  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Through patience our faith is being tried, our growth, our development, our maturity in the Call is being strengthened.

My prayers are that our faith isn’t being weakened as we go through, but if this does happen, the measure of faith given can be quickened as we choose to put Him first and not Self.

Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership?

I believe Spiritual formation is a constant; as Paul said in Philippians 3:10-21, paraphrasing continue in the press in and of faith in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 105:17-21 Joseph journey in brevity; he had a call on his life, he was sent.  Joseph went through an many opposing obstacles, circumstance/situations. We don’t know all that he did or say day by day, moment by moment, BUT what we do know through the Scripture is that he kept on serving the Lord, he continued walking in obedience, he because a godly leader.

As we wait Saints it’s important the decisions we make!

To listening for God's voice?

It is ever important to listen to the voice of God, we are in His service for purpose, not our purpose but the purpose He has ordained. Through trials/tribulations/famine and persecution He ushered the Apostles to move from their comfort zone to the other most. If not for the persecution they may have remained in Jerusalem. If not for the need to communicate to the nations, Paul and Barnabas may have remained where they were. However they heard the voice of the Lord where they were to move accordingly as His grace guided.

Spiritual Formation:  At the new birth, life in Christ, we are called babes in Christ.  Some babes develope faster than others in biological life and in spiritual life.  Patience is needed.  Spiritual formation has a beginning and a continual process and should never be "status quo".  Watchman Nee, in his book "The Normal Christian", addresses how easy it is to live "sub-normal" Christian lives, missing the joy and exhiliaration of walking with Christ, the King.  If we allow our spiritual lives are not continually growing/maturing, then they begin to stagnate.  Staying "fresh" in our walk with Jesus will be challenged by the enemy of our souls and our old nature.  There is a balance in being patient with yourself in spiritual growth and challenging yourself in spiritual grow, but we must remember that spiritual growth comes through surrender to the work of the Holy Spirit.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (Acts 9:30; Galatians 1:15-17) Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important? Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth? Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? To listening for God's voice?

1: We learn in culture to be humans "doing" rather than human beings. We learn that there are rewards in Heaven for what we accomplish on earth for the kingdom of God. We read about the "movers and shakers" both in the Bible and in history who accomplished great feats and success in their accomplishments. We hear in motivational sermons to get out there and get going! When in fact "the race is not to the swift" in the kingdom of God, but to the deeply devoted, surrendered, spirit led, followers of Christ who live in obedience, daily accomplishing what He leads each individual to do.  We are now in an upside down Kingdom from the kingdoms on earth. The greatest is the servant, the rewards are for only those things the Holy Spirit accomplishes through our lives. We have to relearn from the words of Jesus what He considers important. (Mary listening to Jesus' teaching at His feet, while miffed Martha is sweating in the kitchen doing what is "really important", and so on.) 

I love that one in a hospital bed praying for others,  another, giving a cup of cold water to the thirsty, or spending a few moments encouraging the  downhearted neighbor or clerk at the store, or a mother changing diapers and loving her child,  may be accomplishing all that He had in mind for them to "do" today...what was important to Him...caring for others. We can get caught up in "comparing ourselves or measuring ourselves by one another, and become fools" 2 Cor 10:12

2. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit....and only develops through trials and testing and long periods of waiting. Spiritual growth is a work of God within us...not something we "accomplish". We don't send a 6 year old to the store with a 100 dollar bill to buy groceries. We know how that would turn out. He is patient in developing our character (His Character...the Fruit of the Spirit) in us, and He is NEVER in a hurry. His plan is to prepare us, giving us small "tasks" as we grow, and as we are more equipped, He entrust us with more responsibility. I've learned that I don't know the plan! He reveals it to me day by day....he is the flashlight and the road map for my next steps, often in the dark. It seems it's on a "need to know" basis....He knows and I don't need to...If I follow His lead each day, we'll get to where ever He is taking me, and He'll accomplish through me what is most important to Him.  

3. An untested leader is certain to fail...and will lead others over the cliff in "self confident" folly. One may have "leadership" gifts, but before one leads well, one must learn to follow well. He develops Servant Leaders, who live as examples in serving.

4. Jesus laid aside His Deity when He came to earth, and depended every moment on listening to Holy Spirit to "do only what I see My Father doing, or "say only what I hear My Father saying." He demonstrated to us how to live and to walk following His footsteps...in the same way that He walked here on earth, listening and then following His Fathers instruction. 

On 8/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. Many times some Christian feel they are not doing enough.  Having their lives so cluttered they don't have time to spend time with the Lord. We need to shut off all the noise and listen to what the Lord has for us.  God has a plan and a purpose for us - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

2.   We need to be patient.  God has a plan and he is working it in us. He know best.   By trial and error, that is how we grow.  For God is the One working in you both to will and to work according to His good pleasure. Philippian 2:13

3 . We need to be built up and rooted and grounded in the Lord, spending time with Him and listening for His voice, walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh before we can be in a leadership role.  Leaders should be a good example.

4.  When we listen for God's voice and obey things always turn out right.

Because they (or we) want to be doers rather than ones that wait around for God's will or His perfect timing. We see the need (or perceived need) and feel like doing something is better than sitting back doing nothing. Or nothing of any Kingdom consequence. Also we are fleshly humans and our pride wants us to be recognized for our good works.

Any ministry we might be involved in needs to be God inspired and God led. If we take off and leave God behind, we will be ministering in our own strength and not God's. This plan will not work or work for very long or be sustainable. We need to wait on the Lord and His timing.

We may just not be ready. God can teach us much about what He wants us to do if we will just, be still and know that He is God. He may need to grow us spiritually, mature us for the job at hand. He might want us to seek good counsel from other believers to further grow us spiritually.

As we pray earnestly in the Holy Spirit there could be good opportunities to hear God's voice. God can speak to us in many ways. Prayer, His Word, other believers, praise music, sermons and of course: He just speak to us!

I think everybody struggles with this one. It can be hard for some to understand why one person stands on the stage while another is merely an attendant in the parking lot. How often does a lineman get the MVP award compared to the quarterback? A person who struggles with this would never be either because he doesn’t understand that it’s not about who is grabbing the glory, but the teamwork involved in getting the job done. Jesus set the example and made this all clear when He came and served. Most don’t realize that when it comes to serving, there is so little we can do compared to the one who gives us life and provides us with everything we need to live it. We need to put this pride aside and work with the fact that God has individual assignments for each of us with every-one being as important as the next to accomplish His purpose.

Patience is important for growth because of the training involved. You can not be saved one day, sleep with the Bible under your pillow that night and wake up with an understanding of everything in it. Imagine if a special-forces team (military) decided they would let a person with no experience participate in an operation just because the person was in a hurry to become a member of the group without all of the training. Casualties would most likely be at a very unacceptable level because of one person’s impatience. Let’s go back to the person who put the Bible under his pillow the first time he ever touched one. While it is admirable a person would instantly want to grow, it is unlikely he would be sent out solo on a mission trip in the morning. Maybe another way of putting it would be the way a child wants to drive a car at the age of 12 and having watched his parents do, thinks he/she knows every last thing one would need to know to safely drive down I-101 on a busy day.

A period of spiritual formation is important because as mentioned in previous paragraphs, one needs time to learn the job before it can be successfully accomplished. An amusing example of this would be the child who wants to make breakfast in bed for their parents and knows vaguely that you can put jelly on a piece of bread but has never done this. By the time breakfast makes it to the bedroom, the kitchen looks like a typhoon ripped through it and the little one is covered head to toe with jelly.

We need to learn to listen to God’s voice. There is no better way to get instruction from God than to listen to Him explain the details to you, which He will if you are willing to devote 90% of your prayer time to listening to what God has to say and eliminate suggesting or advising things to Him.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Ambitious Christians who are struggling to do anything but seem to be doing nothing are not waiting for the Lord's purpose in their lives.

Having patience for God's plan for us and our ministries is important, with out his help we will be inadequate in our ministries or even disastrous.

Spiritual formation is very important for future leadership positions. We must wait on the Lord to prepare us, to be spirit filled, with much prayer and fasting and open to his voice to lead us.   

The reason that ambitious Christians struggle so much when they didn’t seem to be doing anything important is because they want people to think that what they do is important. If we are patience with God and put his plan into action then He is with us and it make things easier and we get growth out of it. I think that a period of spiritual formation is so important to future leadership is that it give you time to learn more about God and how to do the things He wants us to do.

An ambitious  Christian is one who has met Christ and aims to do something or accomplish something sooner than God's  timetable for him. Such a person is eager in the doing part than waiting on God and His will. Therefore when he is not doing any work  or feels he has not done anything important he seems to be struggling.  Ambitious  people often want to achieve something quicker and when they dont they struggle just like an ambitious  Christian.

God's plans and thoughts are much higher than human plans and thoughts. Ambitious  as we are,we want to do things according  to our plan ,our way and in our time. To accomplish  God's plans one needs to be very patient, trusting and resting at the feet of the Lord. We often want to hurry up in doing things for God but God is not.

Just as the  physical process  of a baby growing  into a mature adult takes time,likewise it takes a process and time for a newly born again believer to grow into a mature spiritual leader. In this process of spiritual  formation God will take us through a series of events  which will help us mature in faith and grow strong in the  Lord. He will teach us and reveal to us all about Him .We will grow from infants drinking milk into mature adults longing for solid food or hungry for His Word .Such a process  and spiritual  formation is necessary  to become effective leaders for Christ to advance the Kingdom  of God.

Through the process of spiritual  formation we will tune ourselves to listen to God's voice. He will speak to us and teach us how to identify His voice and the voice of the enemy.  As Jesus says,my sheep listen to my voice. Through these years of spiritual  formation we will be trained to listen to His voice through His Word.You can be an effective  disciple  only when you have learnt to listen to His voice. Effective  ministry is successful  when we listen to God and carry out His plans.

Q1. (Acts 9:30; Galatians 1:15-17)

Q. Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important?  

A. They probably are not fully empowered and equipped by the Lord to hear Him clearly, get the vision of/ from Him so as to be effective in the ministry. 

Q. Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth? Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? To listening for God's voice?

A. Growth requires total dependence on God's timing and resources. This requires patience and waiting on the Lord for when to move, what to do and where to move to. To achieve such growth there is need to create time to wait upon the Lord in fasting and prayers to develop a strong relationship with Him so that we can hear Him and also speak to Him on our mission/ plans.

Q. Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important?  

A. We as human being often judge by sight and many a times we think we must be engaged in something visible to our self and others whereas God thoughts are different.

Q. Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth? Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? To listening for God's voice?

A. Patience is what can build godly character in us and make us fit into God's purpose Rom 5:4; James 1:4. Spiritual formation period is a time when God unveils his mind to us so as to carry out his will perfectly in times to come. 

We christians Struggle because our mentality is that we still think that we must actually physically  "see" even a little bit, of God and him working in us and for us; that is despite knowing that faith is a total belief system.

We fail to understand that . God does most of His work providentially (eve though miracles look instant) and miracles take time. God as proven in the OT always prepares his prophet and Seers, allowing them to persevere over trials by maturing in the Holy Spirit. So today we must develop Patience and endure until God puts us fully into ministry.

The spirit of God cannot help us until we seek God for wisdom through Knowledge and this is vital to our spiritual maturing. we must submit ourselves to Him and to The Word through the word of God if we are to show others how Grace works in our lives and the Kingdom.

Ambitious Christians want to be recognized by their work  and struggle to be seen and recognized by their deeds.  That is why they struggle when they don't seem to be doing anything important.

God says his plans are the best for us, they do good to us and are not to harm us.  Spiritual growth is a long journey which occurs as we read, meditate and apply God's word in our life daily.  Most of the time God's plan for us is very contrary to the plans we have for ourselves, also God's plans involves rebuking and correction from God.  That is why patience with God's plan is important for our growth.

Spiritual formation is a period of learning and hearing from God.  It is during these times God will teach us through His Holy Spirit how to wait on Him, get direction from Him.  This period also involves different experiences of life with its lessons which we will help us understand people in similar circumstances later when we will be used by God.  Like our Physical life, our spiritual life also needs to grow, mature and be formed properly to be used by God for his purposes.  Spiritual Formation period helps us strengthen our relationship with God and helps us to clearly discern the voice of God.  It is a training period in which we get properly trained before handling leadership positions.

Q1. (Acts 9:30; Galatians 1:15-17) Why do ambitious Christians struggle so much when they don't seem to be doing anything important?

It’s possible that an ambitious Christians want to be sure that their next assignment is approved by God instead of their inner desire or self-sufficient or self-motivation approval is put into action. That’s a struggle for an ambitious person, as they are goal oriented and self-motivating.

2. Why is patience with God's plan so important to growth?

Patience with God’s plan is important for growth because God know what it takes for each believer. Regardless of our circumstances or situation, Christian should be mindful that “All things work together for the good” Romans 8:28. Often we are tempted to just do what we think best, but when we look at Galatian 5:22 ,list patient as one of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, we should ask the Holy Spirit to empower us as we wait for His direction and plan for our lives. Through trials, tribulation, experience and hope, also help to bring about our growth. Romans 5:3-5

3. Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership?

A period of spiritual formation is important to future leadership is needed to be an effected leader. Having a relationship with God, and a solid foundation in the word of God is paramount.

4.To listening for God's voice

In order to listen to God's voice, we must have a relationship with Him. The more we study his word  the closer we are to Him.James 4:8a  says, Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you.

This is the last answer listening to God's voice.  None of the first 3 question can happen if we do not listen to God's voice.  My sheep knows my voice and a stranger he will not follow.

Christians are looking at the titles others have work hopefully honestly to get their promotion from God.  However, the flesh is an enemy and that spirit of ambitious takes over and that is where the struggle pops up its mess.  That is the negative side now on a positive side ambitious is not bad if they wait on and follow God's instruction to get to the next level.  Patience is so important because God knows the future.  God knows the stuff in us that will mess us up.  God has a plan and He is not going let anyone alter His plan for anyone to be used by Him.  It is sad because sometimes people override the Holy Spirit and ignore those auctions from the Holy Spirit shut up, sit down, give more, sacrifice more.  We are a work in progress and God uses the tool patience to help us with our growth.  Moses, Joshua, Peter Daniel, etc. had moments in their life when God was working on them and assisting with their growth.  The spiritual formation connects with patience because we have to empty out ourselves meaning bring our flesh under subjection to be totally submitted

1. They do not rest in the Lord and wait for the Lord to speak. Christians feel as if they are not doing enough and do not want to wait on the Lord, but get busy.

2. We cannot be lead by him without patience. Therefore, our ministry will not grow.

3. We must seek the spirit of God for wisdom through Knowledge. We need to wait on God to know which direction he wants for us and to carry out his perfect will.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

We need to be still and know that God has His plans for us in His own perfect timing. We need to rest and, seek Him, to lean and trust on Him, in order to be able to do His will.   

Paul was sent to a direct commission from Christ to deliver his original message and to lead the effort of establishing His church. Each believer has been set apart by God to accomplish His purpose to spread His message and reflect His character of His Son, Jesus Christ. As Christians, we have been saved and separated from sin and evil so that we might experience a close personal relationship with God and effectively communicate to others the message of hope and life through Christ.

God is the one working in us both to will and to work according to is good pleasure.  So we need to be patience for He knows what is best for us.

Spiritual separation means living in faith and obedience for God`s honor and for the purpose of revealing His truth  to the world.  God`s people should hold fast to the way of righteousness through Christ and grow in his spiritual salvation, his faith, his personal purity and holiness, , his service and devotion to God as His Father and Lord. He will be our counselor and  guide and He will love and cherish us as His own children. 

Why is a period of spiritual formation so important to future leadership? 
To listening for God's voice?

We seem to think in terms of rewards – anything worthwhile has to be earned, and it is not fair if a person receives something without having to work for it. It’s the same with the price of things – the more it costs the better it is. Therefore, the gift of Jesus and eternal life just seems too easy and free. It’s easy for us to associate work with salvation. We are told to put off the old man, put on the new man, and to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. No wonder we may think that progress in righteousness is only made if we work at it, and this is especially true if it is something important. We forget the gospel teaches us that we are saved by faith alone and we cannot add anything we do, to it. We are saved by grace, through faith alone, in Christ alone. 
I can remember when I had just become a Christian I was all on fire for the Lord but I had very little knowledge of Christian doctrines. I grew up in a home where we never went to church, and I had never been to Sunday School. I needed rather to grow in my knowledge of God, and to be patient while seeking God’s plan for me. We need to develop a dynamic and intimate relationship with Jesus, remembering that He desires this closer fellowship with Him. As we seek God's will, we need to know what God wants us to do and where He wants us to go, but we also need to know what God does not want us to do and where He does not want us to go. There is no difference whether the answer is Yes or No - both are just as important. Both can guide us into a new direction or confirm or negate the current direction. A Yes guides us to the right choices, and a No guides us away from the wrong choices. 
It is important to listen for God’s voice. It will often help us understand His Word better; He will never say something that contradicts the Bible, but rather help us in our daily lives and ministries. These promptings of the Holy Spirit may be clear enough, but are dependent on whether our spiritual ears are open or not. The Lord uses different ways to guide us - His Indwelling Spirit, Scripture, consecrated thinking, our emotions when they are put at His disposal, the insights of people, and signs in the world around us. However, we need to be often in prayer, and there has to be a willingness in allowing the Holy Spirit to use our thinking, our feelings, and certain circumstances to make His guidance clear. 

On 8/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Ambitious Christians struggle a lot in their walk with the Lord, because they do not do as Paul did in seeking God's plan, and purpose for their lives, and waiting patiently to hear from the Lord on how to proceed to fulfill it.

Patience with God's plan developes in us patience, and wisdom ,and it causes us to have full clarity of God's plan and His way of doing things through His Spirit. Who brings about spiritual growth and maturity in our lives. Paul went away to Arabia for 3 years, in all that time he had a full download on how to proclaim the mystery  of the gospel to all men with revelation from the Spirit of the Lord. 

When we learn to recognize the voice of the Spirit, He helps us in our spiritual development to become strong, and effective leaders that will ,and can endure under pressure, and all circumstances. And become fruitful leaders in our lives ,and also in the lives of those who we are leading.