JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Dealing with Your Fears

1a)Paul urges us to cast all our worries,anxieties onto Jesus because he cares about us,will not forsake us. We should not worry about food,clothing, or about tomorrow,but trust God to provide.

B)Jesus will take care of us &help us.Psalm 55:22 He will provide for us.Tomorrow will worry about itself, today has enough troubles of it’s own Matthew6:33-34.

c)We should do this by projecting,passing/throwing to God our fears &worries.He cares intimately about us&what concerns us.

D)I praying God will help me not to worry about issues, giving any fears to God, trusting that He will provide for me in every situation.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

Peter encourages us to cast our anxieties, cares, and fears to God because He cares for us.  I am going to apply this verse to my life by trusting God with my life, through prayer, and by giving God my cares and being about the Kingdom of God first and foremost.

• 2 years later...

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

Verse 5:7 of 1 Peter tells us to cast all our anxiety (fear) on Jesus because he cares.

The reason we should cast our fears on Jesus is because he has a real concern for us.

The way we cast all our anxiety and fear on Jesus is by first seeking his kingdom and righteousness then all things will be given to us, for he will sustain us and will never let the righteous people fail.

By applying this verse to our life we trust and pray the Lord will relieve us of our anxieties and fears, if we trust him he will sustain us in our lives.  

• 1 year later...

God created us with many characteristics that enable us to be aware of and beware of situations, circumstances and individuals. They are all about self-preservation in the midst of a world that does not share that concern about us. The role of a servant/disciple is radically different from self-preservation! Jesus made quite clear the cost of our discipleship; our call to discipleship; the fruit from our discipleship and his constant presence and provisions in the midst of our discipleship.

Being in my 70s my Christian faith, life and service has a sure foundation in the knowledge of the Bible, my walk with Christ, the direction and power of the Holy Spirit, worship and fellowship with Christian believers, prayer and the hymns of the Christian Faith.

One such hymn is: Why should I be anxious? I have such a Friend, who bears in His heart all my woe. This friend is the Savior; on Him I depend; His love is eternal, I know. Though I am unworthy He chose even me, by grace in His kingdom to dwell; that grace so abundant my refuge will be - Thy goodness, O God, I would tell. His mercy I know is sufficient for me, And therein my soul finds its peace. He chastens with love, ever patient is He, my joys through His blessing increase. Each day He is near me, He walks by my side, His strength never fails, as does mine. In glory with Him, I at last shall abide, for that is His promise divine. The power of hell holds no terror for me; my stronghold is Israel’s God. In trial and sorrow my refuge is He, O, Savior, Thy mercy I laud!  Thus onward I go to that wonderful land, that beautiful home of the blest. Though storms rage in fury, I'm safe in His hand, I'll enter the haven of rest. [Frykman, Nils. Why Should I Be Anxious? (Hymn 366). In The Hymnal of The Evangelical Covenant Church of America Chicago: Covenant Press, 1950]

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2004 at 7:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Psalm 46:10Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

1. Peter tells us to "Cast" our fears upon Jesus Who cares for us.( A little book I used as a tool for discipling new believers said that our shoulders are not designed to carry the heavy weight of burdens, cares, and fears, therefore we are to see Jesus as standing by holding an enormous bag into which we cast or throw our cares. Sometimes I forget and start to feel weighed down until that "picture" of Jesus holding that big bag open to receive my "burdens" encourages me to hand them over to him Who is the only one capable of taking care of them.

2. He cares for us...He's our Shepherd Who leads and guides us into green pastures and by still waters to rest and be refreshed. The Shepherd is always in front leading, whereas a false shepherd embodied by our enemy drives with a whip from behind, pushing and troubling us, causing fear, insecurity and frenzy.

3. We are to cast or throw them to Him as soon as we realize we are carrying them....like a hot potato! Much illness is caused by pretending we're not afraid, or in self sufficiency, thinking we can handle the difficulties of life until we stagger or collapse beneath the load we were not equipped to carry.

4. One of the things He speaks to my heart most often is "Let be, and be still and know that I Am God."( Psalm 46:10) That is because It has taken so many years to unlearn the fact that I am no longer on my own with no resources and no one to help me. That all changed when He rescued me from that pit. I don't stay there for long any more but it seems to be my "default" position for a short time when afraid or troubled.  And then the joy and relief comes when I "see" the One Who is standing by waiting for me to remember to unload into His  open bag!

Q1. (5:7) 
According to this verse what should you do with your fears? 
What reason is given why you should do this? 
In what manner should you do it? 
How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

What a privilege we have as Christians. This verse teaches us that worry is unnecessary; there is no need for us to bear any burdens when He is willing and able to bear them for us. The reason we do this is that we know God cares and loves us as His children. We cast our cares on Him by earnestly praying to Him as our Heavenly Father. Being of an advanced age I can truly speak from experience - I know that worry is futile, and does not solve any problems. I also feel that worry is sin. By worrying I’m telling God that I don’t trust Him, and it denies my love for God. I’m also telling Him He does not care. We know from Hebrews 13:5 God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  

On 4/24/2004 at 10:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

We should give them to God and not dwell on them, not ruminate over it. Trust that the Lord will do what is necessary. Pray and propel!  We should do this knowing that He cares for us in all things just like He cares for the flowers and the animals ensuring that their needs are met.

On 4/25/2004 at 0:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Fears, they can appear from nowhere, like our thoughts and other emotions. All should be handed to Jesus. It's a choice we have when something flies into our mind. That choice can become automatic, seemingly instantaneous, knowing God and listening to Him. Sometimes, it is so difficult; when all seems amazing, out of the blue can come something unexpected. We need to be ready, prepared, overflowing in God's Word and earnest prayer and worship.

Jesus cares for us more than we can imagine and He feels our pain. He wants us to be whole and healthy, but faith and blessings comes from patience and endurance through challenges in life; remember Job.

We are nothing; God is everything. We were given breath and called by God, in His grace, love and mercy. We need to rely on Almighty God -- anything is possible through Him for those who truly love Him. Remember what He has done for you; don't let go. Call for Him and He will hear.

For me, I remember Atitaki, a small atol in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, part of the Cook Islands. On my first honeymoon my wife and I decided to go snorkelling between two islands in the atol, not knowing that there was a strong current. I am not a strong swimmer and when I looked and realised the depth of the water (maybe 15m) and the strength of the current  I thought I should try to head for shore. My wife went with the current and landed on a beach the other side of the island; I swam across the current (much harder). When I thought I was close enough to walk in, thinking I'd be stronger on my feet, I flipped over and finished at the bottom of the ocean with a mouth full of water,  about 4 or 5 metres below the surface. Amazingly, I did not panic. I was actually admiring what I could see around me and seemed to be in a dream -- however, I know the first thing I did was call on the name of Jesus and I had instant peace, no fear. I took the snorkel out of my mouth, as it was full of water, and swam to the surface. I then swam to shore with a strength and confidence not of mine, but His. That was 33 years ago.

Jesus, I love You and I know You love me -- reminds me of my favourite song growing up as a small child and I can still see a picture of Jesus beckoning to a child to come to Him. Me too! You too! We need to follow Him, our Good Shepherd. He will take our cares and give us strength, even when seemingly humanly impossible. Draw near to Him! He is calling! 

On 4/25/2004 at 2:49 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

According to the verse I will cast all my fear on Jesus Christ. The to cast all my fear on Him is because He cares for me. I will do that through prayers. I will apply the vese's instruction in my life humble myself,  trust Him and pray constantly because I know Him care.

On 4/25/2004 at 2:49 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

According to the verse I will cast all my fear on Jesus Christ. The casting all my fear on Him because He cares for me. I will do that through prayers. I will apply the vese's instruction in my life humbling myself and pray constantly because I know Him care.

We should abandon our fears to God, Who is our fortress, takes care of us and understands our needs.  Our trust in Him will take away our fears.  We do not have the solutions to our fears and anxieties, only God does and we tend to forget this often. We do this by praying to the Lord about our fears.

I will do what St. Peter advises us to do.   I will put everything to the Lord in prayer.  God is the only one who knows what is in my heart and yours.  He is the only one who can relieve us of our problems and fears.

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life? God says to cast our fears upon him. Give them to Him because He cares about us. He is concerned about our lives. God wants us to be whole, healthy. Whole in Him, that we may function 100% properly to be able to do His will. He invites us to come before Him in  prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving in our hearts. This I will remember every time fear wants to take over me when at home. My husband recently left me. We had just moved to the outskirts of town to a 2 acre ranch. Now that I'm alone, sometimes fear wants to creep in at night, but I find myself praying to God and declaring His promises, that He will never leave me or forsake me. This lesson lifts my spirits up. I will cast my fears upon Him. It also helps me to encourage my son, and others who suffer from anxieties and fears in their lives. God cares for us! God is good!  

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it? How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

1.  Cast all of our cares upon him.

2.  Because he has real concern for us. 

3.  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6)

4.   I will cast all my worries upon him by prayer, petition, and thanksgiving.

I am a new born.Saved a year ago this month.The enemy uses fear against all children of God to prevent us from seeking and studying the word of God.Fear has always been a problem for me since i was a boy.Since i was saved God has been teaching me and guiding me in my walk with him.I am growing in the faith and word of God.Putting our faith and trust in God with all of our problems is something i have not learned to do completely.I sometimes let that old independent person reappear but my faith is growing and i am learning to trust in the lord to handle my problems.Their is no other way because we are not equipped to handle it on our own.its not possible.God says be still and know that i am God.He is able to handle anything.I love him and will continue to chase him to increase my relationship with him.I know we can do all things in christ for he cares for us.So i have begged his forgiveness for being disobedient and start letting him handle my problems.

s

We are not to worry, but trust God. We should do this because God has real concern for us and interest in everything we face.  We are to give our fears to God in prayer.  The old saying is "take it to the Lord and leave it there".  

We are to cast our fears to the Lord. This is because He cares for us. He loves us and we don’t understand all the love He has for us. We should be casting our fears to the Lord through prayers. I have already applied this verse’s instructions in my life most of the time. I just need to do it more.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

I must say slowly but sure make me calm down for many bad Situations to believe only Jesus Christ Show me the way.

This verse everytime to say in my small church-Family and good friends also in my work with old People.

Q1. (5:7)

Q. According to this verse what should you do with your fears?

A. fling it to the Lord God Almighty in prayer. Don’t keep it, don’t toy with.

Q. What reason is given why you should do this?

A. Because our Lord God who loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us loves us dearly and wants us to trust Him to protect and deliver from the things we fear or worry about.

Q. In what manner should you do it?

A. By fervent faithful prayers without giving up and He will come to our aid.

Q.  How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

A. From now onward now that I have been reminded of what to do and how to do it, when fear or anxiety comes knocking at the door I will hurl it to the Lord in prayer.

According to this verse we should cast our fears on our Savior. The Apostle told us that we should do this because our Savior cares for us and will bear our burdens. In humility and in an attitude  of faith we present our anxiety to the Lord.  This verse should be a reminder to us in our every day trials of life.  When we are bombarded and feel all hope fading, then we should feel strong because our Savior will bear the burden that we cast upon him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2004 at 9:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

According to 1 Peter 5:7, we are to cast all our fears on to the Lord.

The reason we are to cast our fears on the the Lord is because he cares for us.

The manner in which we are to cast our fears on the Lord is by prayer.

Appling the above verse on my life I will not worry about today or tomorrow for today has it's own worries and we can not change things. 

• 6 years later...

According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

It's incredibly difficult to throw at Christ my worries/fears/anxieties/cares. I throw them to Jesus and then, when nothing happens, I begin to worry again and thereby take them back. Yes, this means I don't fully trust God. If I did trust God fully, I would be much lighter and waiting much easier. 

Fear and faith are opposites.

I am to throw my fears at Jesus Himself because, it is said, He loves me. Believing in God's love toward me is even more difficult than casting away my fears!

This is a familiar verse to most of us. We say the words and understand them but when it comes to actually doing what these words command, we stand paralyzed, unable to truly cast onto Christ the worries and similarly unable to trust Him. What does it mean to CAST my worries onto Christ? I know that I'm supposed to throw them at Him, but in my daily life, how do I do this? In prayer ... mouthing the words, "Jesus, take this I'm throwing it at you ..."?

Is that enough?

I would think I'd feel a sense of relief, but I don't, probably because I still have to learn to truly cast my cares on Him (rather than work things out on my own.) God is testing me with bigger and bigger cares to cast ... cares that are too big to handle by myself.

Perhaps through suffering and trial, we learn to cast quickly?