JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Dealing with Your Fears

We should put our fears in God's hands for he cares for us. Taking our fears to God in prayer will help alleviate our troubles. Working them through with Him at our side makes things so much easier to handle. God will only give us what we can handle. He is there to care for us a parent cares for a child. Thank you Lord for being our Saviour and Guide. I will do as the Lord guides me and then try and carry on with my life.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

Is there anything good that comes from us harboring fear within our heart, spirit or soul. It is only when we cast or as I like to say, "Throw them all upon Jesus' lap and then curl up into his arms and feel them melt away", that God's love can be manifested and felt by and within us. Love is letting go of fear and allowing God to wrap His loving arms around us. Do we hold onto our fears amd worries and give the old ugly one a foothold to put doubt, self-centerness and loss of control be planted into our minds? Is it so hard to let go of fear because we live so much of our lives in it? And is it because we have come to believe the lie that fear can keep us from doing the wrong thing that may end up hurting us? I say with a resounding "STOP IT". It is a lie from the father of lies. Fear is a lack of faith in Him whom we call Sovereign and Almighty. His love and His faithfulness will drive out all fear. LOVE:His for us...ours for Him and each other. Many many times Christ tells us to fear not for He tells us the truth. Hey another weapon against fear...Truth. Think about that...

When I find myself relagating the faith that I have in Christ to be crippled by fear of something that I am not sure of, I ask for rememberance of His promises. Are we ever alone in anything? I have the Great Comforter, Mighty Counselor, The One who leads me into all truth with me always. When I find that paralyzer of my soul trying to get me to subject my spirit to doubt and worry and block from my heart and mind from the love and truth of Him who is trust-worthy and in whom I have given my trust in, Spoken clearly and with gentle authority these words spill out; "Get in the gutter Satan, I want only the things of Christ for my life and it is in Him whom you must bow to", and it is His Spirit that I must relenquish control and faith too.

God is our dearest treasure, the only genuinely satisfying joy we will ever know. He tells us all throughout Scripture to "fear not, for I am with you" and this is what He wants us to do. We feel Gods' presence in those fearful, anxiety filled times and should remember to cast our fear upon the Lord. We may naturally feel fear and doubt at times but we can always count on the Lord to be our shield. He has assured us that He cares for us and has our best interest at heart. God may send difficulties into our lives but He only wants to create an atmosphere where He can manifest His glory. In our faith we can confidently say, no matter what, that the Lord will never forsake us. The sense of the presence of God is a far richer experience of joy than anything else the human heart can find. Always through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving we should present our request to God. If we believe God and His promises then the power of God will be exercised on our behalf. When we first believed in Christ, that was only the beginning of the experience of the power of God in our lives and an attitude of faith must govern every moment of our lives. To apply this to my own life, I just pray that I will always realize the folly of self-dependence and the glory of God dependence. I pray that I can learn to count on the invisible protection of God and that I am safe with the Lord no matter what happens.

WE are to cast or throw our fears and worries on the Lord because He has compassion for us. He knows what we are going through at any given time. This sounds easy but it is hard to do because of our human nature which tries to control and work things out. But we are to give all to Jesus who will take care of us in the storms of life.

I desire to let Jesus be in control of my life and take charge. I want to yield my rights to Him and give him the septre of the throne of my heart!

• 2 months later...
Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Our fears/cares should cast into the hands of Jesus, because He cares for us (our bodies and outward concerns). We do this through faith unto salvation.

I will apply this by remebering who I am in Christ (His Own, His friend, and His Bond-Servant) Amen! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow! Isn't it wonderful that God cares for us as individuals so much that we are told to throw all our cares or burdens on Him. That each one can go to Him in prayer and simply unload and He picks it up and also carries us as He replaces our burdens with hope and love. I think of the personal way Jesus dealt with Thomas after His resurrection when He deliberately came again so that Thomas can see, touch and believe. No wonder Thomas shouted, "My Lord and My God." He is indeed Jehovah Elohay, our personal God. To Him be all praise. I certainly put my trust in Him and put away worry and fear.

• 1 year later...
According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

According to the verse, we should cast our anxieties on Him because He cares. We should do this through prayer so that He will lift the burden of our anxieties off us, rather than bottling our fears up inside us. It is a matter of true trust in the Lord. He is our rock, our protector, the wing under which we shelter. He is also all powerful: the Lord of Hosts. He does not mean us to fend for ourselves. We are His children. He loves us. He wants to lift the burdens of our lives off our shoulders. This verse tells us to but all our trust in the Lord in this way our fears and anxieties will be taken by Him from us, if we ask this. We must never doubt the power and protection that we are given by His grace.

• 5 months later...

:) According to 1st Peter 5:7 we are instructed to cast all are cares upon the Lord that includes our fears. The reason that we should do this is because He cares for us. And we are to do this by standing in faith and resisting the Devil.

I will apply this verse in my life by doing what it says, not become anxious about anything, but stand in faith regarding any cares that may try to over take me.

• 6 months later...

We should cast our fears or anxiety to God. Peter teaches us to cast fears or anxieties to God because He cares for us. The matter in how I should do it is to just do it. I permit my God to be my God. I have cares, worries, doubts, fears, etc., but I turn them over to my God and I let Him handle them. I practice this. I have found that by allowing God to be my God, I my almost zero stress in life no matter what the situation.

David writes in Ps. 5:1-3: "Give ear to my my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. (NIV)

Like David, I have an expectation that God will answer my prayers and deliver on His promises. I permit God to my God and I have grown close to Him as a result.

• 9 months later...

I should give all my worries to God, because he cares for me. This should be done in prayer, asking humbly and with a thankful heart. I like to recite verses in my head when I'm faced with challenges in life. This can be a verse to recite when I am worried. Prayerfully, I will keep trying to completely give all my cares to God.

• 2 months later...

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears? What reason is given why you should do this? In what manner should you do it. How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

[/quote

( 1st Peter 5: 7 ) " Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." Now the NIV makes this a seperate sentence, therefore making it a seperate and distinct act. But in the Greek it's all one thought and so what precedes in verse 6 is connected to verse 7. So the thought goes as the NAS puts it...... " Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty Hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you."

The idea here is that as you humble yourself before God you are able to cast your anxiety on Him. It's all in one action. One follows the other. So when the cares of this world cause us anxiety we don't have invent a new way to get past the anxiety, we must humble ourselves before God trusting He has the mighty hand to take us through.

Casting our anxiety on Him in the Greek literally means throw whatever we have that we can't deal with on someone else, namely God, who can deal with it and then to trust that He can deal with it. At that point it can cease to be an anxiety though it may not cease the problem.

The reality we all face when God does not seem big enough or has a mighty enough hand to bring us through. It can be hard to live by faith, which is what Peter is addressing, and that's why we need to be connected to each other in the Body to help each other when we become weak so that we aren't crippled by such anxiety. We should be there for one another, to lift one above such trials by reminding them the truth of who God is and the mighty Hand He does in fact have.

( Phil. 4: 6 ) " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.( Verse 7 ) And in the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus."

We are His Children in Christ, and as such He has a personal love for you and me and will do everything to help us grow and walk after Him so that we may faithfully love and serve Him in this world. That's why we don't have to be anxious in the midst of tormoil. He controls the wind and the waves and has the ability to help us ride on the tops of the waves if He doesn't make them subside all together.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.ph...;f=43&t=189

Because GOD cares for us, we are to cast off our fears onto Him. We have enough worries for the day without being anxious about tomorrow. Fear and anxiety will weigh heavily on us and prevent us from serving Him as we should.

We do this through prayer, and asking Him to take care of our worries, just as He feeds and clothes the birds of the air.

My faith tells me that all will work our well for me, as I pray about it daily. I rest in His assurance that I will have life in abundance.

• 1 month later...

We should give them all to God. God cares very deeply about me and He wants the best for me so He gave me His best His love and His Son Jesus Christ. By trusting God to do just what He said. I must stop fearing things and people. I have the love of God and I must trust Him with everything.

• 5 weeks later...

Cast them on the Lord. Because he cares about us. He will see us through them. We should do it through prayer. I will trust in God's care. I will bring everything to God.

• 3 weeks later...

2 Tim 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

I have a choice on how to deal with fear and worry. I can believe the promise in 2 Tim 1:7 and use it to obey 1 Pet 5:7 or I can choose to call God a liar and carry my burdens on my own.

There is another promise that I think is in Jeremiah where God promises to carry my burden.

I am called to serve God and do good works. I can't do that if my mind is cluttered with rubbish. I am learning this slowly, but I am CHOOSING to obey God and refuse the devil and his negativity room in my life.

• 8 months later...

According to this verse, we should cast our fears to the Lord and not fret about anything. We shoulde do this because God really cares and is concerned about us. We should do this by prayer and trusting God. I have applied this verse whole heartedly to my life. I have learned that by worrying and fearing, I am not trusting God. I am doubting. When we worry and fear, that is an open door for the devil. We cannot have a Christ like mind when we worry and fear. We cannot get close to God. I think we tie God's hands because he can't move the way he knows best. We try to take care of things ourselves, the flesh. When I learned to truly trust God, do not worry, do not fear, I have a close relationship with Him. I can go about doing His work while He is taking care of me. When Satan tries to put worry and fear on you, go straight to God and let Him handle the problem.

The fears that people carry around with them often lead to psychological as well as physical problems and in some cases even death. Some times we go through life with the belief that the fears we have are our burden's to carry and manage, when in fact God sent His Son to die for us and take away all sin and fear. if we will just cast them upon Him who is able to carry them.

When we pray we it is normally to ask for something,to be given, forgiveness; mercy; wisdom; guidance; fulfillment and often even worldly things. We often stop short of asking God to take upon himself our fears and problems, Jesus died that we may live lives of victory and glory not in fear and depredation.Amen.

• 3 months later...

:) we are not supposed to be in fear ,we are to be of sound mind and love

Jesus tells us softly in our heart "do not fear" because we lack often the faith

to realize that we can not be destroyed , we pray to a living arisen Christ Jesus who loves us and hears us

when he gave the instructions he was telling us to have FAITH

were not to fear because fear is the opposite of having Faith

Jesus defeats evil and no evil can befall a Child of God that is watched over vigilantly by a all seeing God

God wants us to fear not .

• 7 months later...

Q1. (5:7)

According to this verse what should you do with your fears?

What reason is given why you should do this?

In what manner should you do it?

How will you apply this verse's instruction in your own life?

What a privilege we have as Christians. This verse teaches us that worry is unnecessary; there is no need for us to bear any burdens when He is willing and able to bear them for us. The reason we do this is that we know God cares and loves us as His children. We cast our cares on Him by earnestly praying to Him as our Heavenly Father. Being of an advanced age I can truly speak from experience - I know that worry is futile, and does not solve any problems. I also feel that worry is sin. By worrying I

• 1 year later...

According to this verse I should give my fears to the Lord. The reason for doing this is because he cares for me. The manner I should do it is in prayer or throw it to Him. I will apply this verse to my own life with prayer and not carrying my fears with me.

• 2 months later...

Q1. (5:7) According to this verse what should you do with your fears?

Cast all my fears on God and let Him handle them.

Because He cares for me.

In what manner should you do it.

Deliberately pass them on, throw them in God's direction, figuratively speaking.

Well, I don't really know right now. I've got many causes for real anxiety and the world seems too big to fight. It's so easy to say I'll let God handle everything but when the situations keep on getting worse it's hard to believe that God is handling anything. I'll keep praying and hoping that God will step in.

• 6 months later...

According to this verse what should you do with your fears?

I should cast them to God.

I should casts my fears because God cares about me. I am an object of His concern.

In what manner should you do it.

I should do it through prayer. It should be a dliberate violent removal.

I refuse to worry. I will give all my concerns, cares and fears to God through prayer. I will make deliberate efforts to give Him the things which concern me.