JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Beginning Again

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that God called me to be the treasure of a failing church, and with His guidance The church started to grow in such a way that we are building a new church.

After 7 (seven) years I stopped being the treasures because of a heart attack. While recovering my health I assist in an advisory capacity in the building of our new church. I believe that I have been redirected in this matter.

Q1. (11:32) Have you ever begun something in response to God's urging and then stopped? Did God want you to stop? Is it time now to renew your obedience and begin again?

Yes, I have begun something and stopped. While a new Christian, I would begin things and have no staying power. Since becoming more mature in Christ, I take my responsibilities more serious and have to stick to it.

Q1. (11:32) Have you ever begun something in response to God's urging and then stopped? Did God want you to stop? Is it time now to renew your obedience and begin again? (Don't take this question lightly. Sometimes circumstances prevent us from doing what we once felt God wanted us to do. However, he is able to redirect you into his will for you now. Seek him diligently to learn his will.)

yes... when i just came back from the short term missionary. i am so excited and want to go straightaway to be go out again. and i was so excited. and i know that Holy Spirit did stop me from going so fast. really. Through everyday bible study from the Old testament. every different people worked for God is really well prepared. and being chosen.

so now i am willing to wait for His answer and I know that clearly I need to be well trained and well prepared which way I should go. not only prepare myself. God has prepared my family, my future partner for me also. and even He prepares my church to work on missionary too. So I know that God is willing to show me His best way for me. although just a half a year I still can wait and obey Him totally.

PTL!

Q1. (11:32) Have you ever begun something in response to God's urging and then stopped? Did God want you to stop? Is it time now to renew your obedience and begin again? (Don't take this question lightly. Sometimes circumstances prevent us from doing what we once felt God wanted us to do. However, he is able to redirect you into his will for you now. Seek him diligently to learn his will.)

Sometimes I have started something but then questioned whether it was God asking me. At such times I go back to the Bible to look for verification. Most of the time I have stopped has been in the area of evangelical outreach where I have held back my witnessing due mainly to cowardice. My Lord has been patient with me and on some occasions I have gone back and followed through but not nearly enough.

yes I have been called of God, first verbally then 18 months later He appeared to me in the middle of the night with a vision that was exact to the verbal command I had received prior. At the end of the vision He spoke the words "get ready" with authority and urgent tone. A very hurtful and tragic crisis had happened in my life shortly before this and through my own unwillingness to forgive and move on I stagnated there in the "wilderness" of my life for several years and I am just now begining to prepare for that which He had called me to do back in 1996. I know that He who calls us is faithful even at the times when we are not. Praise His name!

I have begun something through God's urging but I did stop. I was a faithful servant and member of my congregation for many years. Numerous members were not being truthful and faithful in their works and when I would talk to the minister about it, things were just swepted under the rug (just like in the world today). There was no comfort, support, or advice given. Therefore, I stopped going to that church all together. I did not even seek out another congregation to go to. But through prayer and bible studying on my own I realize that there are going to be false prophets no matter where you go but I also learned that I was not going to be judged by what they were doing but by what I was doing and not doing. I did, however, found another congregation that served God righteously and felt the love and the spirit.

I received the calling from God to become a Pastor/Preacher in August of 2002. I fought with this until December of the same year. I presented my first sermon in December of 2002, and was beginning my personal studies when my National Guard unit was sent to the Middle East for 15 months. I just returned back to the states in August of 2004. I am now beginning my studies once again, and making preparations for Seminary School. While I was in Kuwait, I was actually questioning whether God still wanted to lead me in the way that He had revealed to me. Now I know once again that God is leading the way for me in this area.

Hi Everyone,

New to this Study and Forum. I hope and pray that this study and my obedience brings me closer to God.

Anyway, yes, I have had two strong urges and did not go through with them.

#1. Seminary - I have always wanted to go, but then my husband and I adopted two children...and now, I am a mommy. I do intend to return.

#2. Starting a Children's Crisis Nursery in our city, as there is none. I get so overwhelmed at the objects there are to complete, that I stop the thought and tell myself I will do it later.

In Christ,

twotots

I feel God has called me as an intercessor or prayer warrior. I believe He wants me to pray aloud in public which I don't always feel like doing,plus it makes me nervous. I attended a charismatic church about 12 years ago and would often pray aloud during prayer meetings.

Currently I go to a bible church and for several years I would attend the weekly tuesday evening prayer meeting,but wouldn't pray aloud.

I would hate it,when we were divided into groups of 2's or 3's.

The pastor's wife and others kept urging me to try praying outloud.

I knew this was what God wanted,but I was reluctant to step out in faith.

Finally,the position of prayer chairman for the women's group opened up and I knew the Lord wanted me to accept this position.

So I have been praying in public out loud for over a year now. I still don't feel comfortable doing it. However,I know it's my heart attitude that matters to God,not my speech.

I BELIEVE GOD HAS DIRECTED ME TO FEED THE POOR.I RESPONDED WITH STARTING A FOOD PANTRY IN OUR CHURCH.WE HAVE HAD CIRCUMSTANCES THAT HAS HENDERED THIS MINISTRY.GOD HAS ALWAYS COME THROUGH FOR US AND WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD ENOUGH FOOD TO MEET THE PEOPLES NEEDS.

I STARTED HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS.I HAVE ALSO STRUGGLED WITH FAMILY PROBLEMS.AT TIMES I FEEL LIKE I JUST WANT TO GIVE UP THE FOOD PANTRY AND TURN IT OVER TO THE PASTOR,BUT SOMETHING ON THE INSIDE OF ME JUST KEEPS ME GOING.I FEEL IF I CAN BE OBEDIENT TO GOD IN SERVING IN THE FOOD PANTRY GOD COULD VERY WELL MAKE A WAY FOR ME TO REACH BEYOND THESE BOUNDERIES IN HELPING MEET THE NEEDS OF HIS PEOPLE.

I ALSO BELIEVE GOD HAS CALLED ME TO BE AN INTERCESSOR.I HAVE DREAMS,THAT COME TO LIFE,OR I WOULD SAY AFTER I EXPERIENCE THE DREAM I CONNECT IT WITH A LIFE EVENT.ALSO I GET VISIONS OF PEOPLE I DONT EVEN KNOW,SO I PRAY FOR THEM.ITS KIND OF LIKE A CAMERA CLICK.ALL OF A SUDDEN I SEE THIS PERSON KIND OF LIKE A PICTURE FOR ONLY A SECOND OR TWO.I HAVE HAD TO LEARN WHEN THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN NOT TO PUSH IT ASIDE.ITS VERY IMPORTANT OR GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SHOWN IT TO ME.WE MUST ALL LEARN HOW GOD WANTS TO USE US,SO WE HAVE TO BE OPEN TO GODS CALL.

I felt that God had given me the urge to be involve and go on a trainging evangelist course with Teen Challange UK. I sent of the information and the application form but did not go ahead with it. I believe it was me that stopped because i did not have the faith that God would provide for me need in everything. I know need to be obedient to the Lord and start all over again.

It saddens me a lot of times when I think of how many things I felt that the Lord has placed in my heart to dol; I would start but don't remain consistent. These things some times are for my own personal growth in the Lord and many times they have to do with ministry. A lot of times I feel like such a failure to the Lord and wonder why He even still loves and protects me. But thank God the Lord's blessings towards me are all because of His grace and mercy and not because of my faithfulness because I would not be here. Let's keep each other in prayer so that the Good works that God begins in us will be completed until the day of Christ Jesus.

Yes, I have been urged by the Lord to be involved in many ministries. It has not always been easy because of work and family. However the bible tells us to put Christ first so that is what I try to do. I am currently involved in an evangelistic ministry. I believe in the Great Commission and that God has called me to minister to the lost. The lost will not come to me, I must go to them. I have not stopped, but sometimes grow tried and low on energy. My prayer is that I stay focused and allow God to use this will vessel.

• 2 weeks later...

i was touched by the testimony shared here by tims. God can do amazing things in our lives. tonight we had a missionary speak at our church. he spoke from the book of Mark talking about how Jesus went across the lake to save a demon possessed man. Jesus went across the lake to save this one man. he left a crowd of thousands to save one man. That is just amazing to me that Jesus would do that for me. i too have been called by God to full time ministy, but like abram i am in a holding pattern by God. but that does not mean i have no work to do. i meet people every day who like the man across the lake need to see jesus...and i must show them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, a year ago i was called to enter med school despite financial circumstances. Then i fell into sin and was in bondage. I broke my Father's heart so many times and re-crucified Christ on the cross and i'm simply overwhelmed with grief. My prayer today is deliverance from sin, let His mercies and peace flow again and restoration of my brithright. Then I shall put my faih in Him who provides and renew my strength like the eagle.

This is very difficult for my sins bears consequences i cannot escape. Seeds of unbelief have taken root and takes turns to mock me in my quiet time. I hope with all my heart a sense of presence of the Holy Spirit peace in assurance of forgiveness.

Please pray for me guys. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I was called by God to be a social worker when I was 12 years old. Doors were opened for me to attend college after I graduated at 16. I did not take the opportunity. I ran. At the age of 30 I went back to college and received my degree in Social work. I am currently working on my masters in social work. Again I feel I have been called to provide counseling to those who are in need and can not afford it. I am currently without a church home. I have some strong disagreements with the leadership in my church. I am praying that God will show me the way I need to go. I am praying for guidance. I have been on the run too long!

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

I was called by God at a young age into ministry; over the years I have tried to answer that call but I don't believe it has ever been in the fullness of what I was being called. Out of out sin, family situations and just life in general has dimmed my response to that call. At this point I am aware of the renewing of that call and I am ready to respond. I am not sure exactly how or what He is calling me to do, but starting this bible study is one of the ways I am obeying.

Grace and Peace

Alicea