JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Delay in Fulfilling Promises

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I have but recognizing that His timing is the right timing, I have become more patient. God works in a multi-tiered fashion. He is efficient. We don't know what He's planning, but we can be sure He's bringing together all good for those that love Him.

• 1 month later...

This is a very difficult post for me to write. God has promised me great things..but i am frustrated..really frustrated at myself! So very often I'm submerged in unbelief and sin that i fail to wait patiently upon HIm every day. God will always fulfil his promises but i feel really lousy for not appreciating Him.

Although I sincerely know that God has a wonderful plan for me, i'm not eager or excited by it...this is sinful and i'm very very troubled..his son, redeemed by His blood...i'm afraid i'm such a disappointment to Him. O how i wish for the faith of Abraham!!!

He delays His promises sometimes so as to have me ready to receive them..for all things work out for our own good :-)

• 1 month later...

Lesson 4 Q3:

(a) Sometimes I have been frustrated because God have not fulfilled His promise immediately but I always feel deep down He knows what is best. This story of Abraham is a great example of God putting off His promise.

(B) God sometimes delays the fulfillment of His promises to a future time because He do know the future and sometimes He has to wait until the time is right or should I say He knows when the time is right, as I said many times, God is in control of yetersday, today and tomorrow. I believe God works everything out for good even though at the present time it do not seem right to us.

• 7 months later...

Q3. (15:16) Have you ever been frustrated with God for not fulfilling his promise to you immediately? Why does God sometimes delay the fulfillment of his promises to a future time?

No! I have been frustrated with myself but not with God.

God has a perfect plan for each of us and is perfect in His timeing. Everything that happens to us is to bring us to Him in intimate communication not just coming with a wish list for Him to answer.

When we love someone we expect at least sometimes to be told "I love you", so does God, He does everything for us, we think we earn our living but truth is He provides us with jobs so we might have things we need and want, He makes the supply of food available to man so we might eat how often do we really praise Him for being our heavenly Father?

There is no such thing as unaswered prayer, it is either yes, no or not yet but it is and always will receive an answer. Sometimes if it is for someone else we are praying then it is conditionial on whether or not that person is living to where he or she can receive God's blessings. I wonder how many of us give us thinking God is no going to answer when the next time we ask could have been the miracle we needed. Keep pressing, God presses us to bring us closer to Him.

• 4 weeks later...

It has taken a long time to grow up and learn that God's time is not my time and that God's plans are His own. The story of Abraham has enforced this truth more than any other biblical passage. Just look what happened to Abraham and Sarah when they tried to FIX things for themselves! God has closed doors that I so wanted open. God has opened doors that I didn't dream of or even particularly want. But each time, a door was closed or open, I felt that God was developing my character :P to the point He wanted me. It is easy to read the story of Abraham and not apply it to our own lives. We can think that Abraham was chosen special by God and that there is nothing special about us. Each one of us, however, is special to God. We are a part of His plan. And in God's time, not ours, we'll understand.

• 6 months later...

Q3. (15:16) Have you ever been frustrated with God for not fulfilling his promise to you immediately? Why does God sometimes delay the fulfillment of his promises to a future time?

:( Yes, but i also know that my time is not God's time, His thoughts are not my thoughts. I also know that through my weaknesses I am made strong. I love God and i know that He hears my prayers and that in His time He will fulfill His promise. I have learned to love and trust in God in good times and bad times. I shall continue to praise Him at all times.

• 6 months later...

In all honesty I am always frustrated because of what I perceive to be a slow response from God concerning the fulfillment of a promise. I mean, we've waited two thousand years for His return and Christians have been pleading since day one. Then, I realize He is always on time. He doesn't come when I want, He comes when I need. I also begin to see, as He sees, afar off at a distant point, when that which I thought was urgent at the present time, was manifold desperate at a future time. So, I learn that He is the past, the present, the future, at all places at all times and my experience gives me patience, in the which I possess my soul.

• 3 months later...

[

Yes, there have been many times when I have felt frustrated when God's promises have not been fulfilled immediately. However, I am aware that the more I grow spiritually, the more I am willing to be content with the Lord's timing. I have become more aware that God's timing is best as I do not see the full picture but He does.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been frustrated by unanswered prayer....or, more accurately, not yet answered prayer. I know that all things must be in God's time. I also know that others must follow their own path and make their own journey, covering each necessary step (and sometimes that means that their sin must first reach it's full measure) before God does what is necessary to lead that person back to Him. When that happens, my prayers will be answered - in God's time.

• 4 months later...

I have been frustrated when God's promise to me were not immediately answered. But I've come to trust God's timing is not always my timing. God sometimes delay the fulfillment of his promises to a future time to test our faith.

There have been times when I was frustrated but not with God. A young man who seemed ready to accept the Lord turned away and didn't. He wasn't rejecting me, he rejected God. God's time isn't ours. I just keep on praying and believing for those I love that they will come to the Lord before it's too late.

• 2 months later...

Yes , many :o:( times , i have been frustrated with God being slow according to my understanding and yerdstick !!! I have tried to take 2 steps forward , which was actually 4 steps backward , and it means nothing and no improvement - God in His Grace again spoke to me in love and restored my joy in Him

2 Corinthians 2 verse 14 : THANKS BE TO GOD WHO ALWAYS CAUSES US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST JESES

God delays his promise in order that I may folow Him according to His timimg

• 3 months later...

Yes, I have experienced this. I think God sometimes delays the fulfillment of His promises to a future time in order to develop my character as well as to flow with His timing and planning.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have. God delays his promises sometimes because we are not ready to receive them. Our timing is not God's timing. Sovetimes He has to work the situtation our and prepare us for His blessing.He wants us to learn from Him. He is an on time God.

WE CAN NOT UNDERSTAND GOD'S MIND. WE JUST HAVE TO TRUST HIM THAT WHATEVER HE PROMISED HE WILL FULFILL.

# This is a recurring pattern in God's dealings with humans. He waits until it is impossible, and then He does the impossible - so that no one is confused about God's role in the matter.)

• 1 month later...

Most definitely. It's so much easier to want something right away, not having to wait. Yet my Pastor told me a long time ago, that God sees the whole picture or the whole scope of things. I only see a portion. My vision is narrow, and I am limited in what God wants to do in my life. So often it affects so many more, bringing about something that will bring God honor and glory. I realize that God is trying to help me grow in Him, and teach me to look to Him for all my needs.

• 3 months later...

I can't remember being frustrated with God... more so, there was a time when I thought God was ignoring me. Of course, now I believe God has an overall plan, a perfect plan that includes me... and I know in God's plan, it's his way, not mine...and it's in his time, not in my time. I think this is an example of where learning to be patient comes into play.

• 8 months later...

Have you ever been frustrated with God for not fulfilling his promise to you immediately? So far in my short time following Christ's path, I have not been frustrated in this way. I know that if I remain faithful to Him, God will fulfill His promises to me. He knows the best way to fulfill His promises to me and I put my faith entirely in Him

Why does God sometimes delay the fulfillment of his promises to a future time? God only seems to delay to us. There is no delay, He has it worked out and delivers on all of His promises at the right time and in the right place for His will to be fulfilled.

I can't remember being frustrated with God for not fulfilling His promise immediately. Mostly the only person I sometimes get frustrated with is myself. I sometimes delay fulfilling my end of our relationship. I feel so bed because I can't stand it when I think I He is displeased with me.

God's timing is always perfect. He knows the beginning and the end. We don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have been frustrated, many times, it was before I discovered that everything happens in Gods time.

I found that in searching for my answers that Jesus was doing what was best for me.

I stand amazed in the presence

Of Jesus the Nazarene,

And wonder how He could love me,

A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Thankyou Lord for saving me.

• 2 months later...

I am frequently frustrated when life does not go my way, and being human, or a sheep, whine, blat, and baaa about my discomfort. However, even when I am feeling sorry for myself, I do realize the significance of patience and trust in the Lord. God delays the fulfillment of promise because situations must come to their fruition, before we can be ready to receive blessing. It is very much a ripening process, speaking of fruit.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say sometimes I have become impatience, but I'm sure that's because of lack of understanding on my part. God has BIG plans, and a perfect vision of what He wants to accomplish. Many situations and circumstances and peoples to come together. I also think God gives every opportunity to everyone to repent and turn from our wicked ways.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (15:16)

Have you ever been frustrated with God for not fulfilling his promise to you immediately?

Why does God sometimes delay the fulfilment of his promises to a future time?

No, I have learned to trust God and wait with patience for His answer to my prayers. I have seen this occur so many times over my lifetime and I can truly say any delay that occurs always turns out for the better. I might not have understood this earlier. Also, I don

• 4 weeks later...

It is so hard to remember that God's timing is perfect. I read this passage and see that everything has it's fullness with God. He already knows our story from beginning to end. I like to think that God is giving us opportunity to see more than we do or mature in some way as to benefit the most from His blessings. God is long suffering, for our sake.