JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Value of Trials

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that initially I was allowing Satan get the best of me. I do believe that until we let go and let God work His miraculous work in us we continue in the storm or continue with the testing until we pass!! That is succumb to His will. Once I rekindled my relationship with Him I feel I am now in the refinement stage. Now I see my circumstance differently, and realize that as long as I am in His hands everything will work out for the best. So many times we judge our circumstances based on the standards of this world and my trials have brought about a change in the renewing of my mind. I now see the circumstance differently and can't wait to see how the Lord is going to work everything out.

Joyful at the Cross!!!

Trials have been very valuable. They have been the changing point or stepping stones for growth. No I have not let satan destroy me with trials. I have allowed God to refine me. When trials have come my way, first I have plodded through them, thought that God was responsible, then resisted Him and had my own way, but eventually I have let God come through. It is at that point of letting go, of submitting myself to Him that the growth has occurred. The best thing about letting go is that at that moment that I gave charge, He worked the trial out and it ceased being a trial. In the bargain I have changed for the better, I have grown mature

All the trials that I have faced have made my faith in JESUS CHRIST even stronger. All the testing gives way to better testimonies. Praise GOD for the faith and strength to persevere in the trials. We become stronger better Christians because of them. You have to go through the valley before you can reach the mountaintop. Then there will be another valley on the other side sometime somewhere. Just keep pressing on until that Glorious Day! Don't loose faith!!!!

Well through my trials is where i grow and mature in Christ. I try to let Him guide my heart and mind in all that i do whether the trial is good and bad.Satan may use the trials to discourage me but im not destroyed becaused God is with me in all that i do. God redifines me and edifies me in trial and the tribulations.

Q1. (1:2-4)  What value have trials had in your life? Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials? Or allowed God to refine you? How have you changed?

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life?

Trials have shaped my understanding and reactions to life, without the various trials I'd still be wearing nappies (diapers?) in my dotage.

Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials?

Before I came to know that God was on my side, Satan was quite successful, nowadays less so.

Or allowed God to refine you?

I have been lucky, God has done the hard work for me, refining me in spite of myself.

How have you changed?

From being self centred and hedonistic to a more caring and "respectable" member of socieity.

May you all know the love and peace of our Lord Jesus.

John-K

Trials have probably been the 'highpoints' of my life for my nearness to God. By struggling with my problem or event the Lord has always been the nearest to me. He hyas carried me through and told me that he was there to catch me.

Satan has not destroyed me in these trying times. He is more leading for me in every day occurences. Perhaps it is evident he is at work with me in just getting this Bible Study done , Knowing that I have to do get it done I have been procrastinating and finding other things to do. Knowing that I have to settle and search myself to find answers is a daunting project for me.

Having faced trials in my life I know that I have grown through them. I am lacking very little, but need badly to work on my faith daily.

Trails have helped me to realize how much I need to depend on God in my everyday life. In reality they seem to and occur to be apart of our daily life at times, and having the peace of God, and by faith in Him (God), and His word, God will be there with us and help us through these trials and that gives us the joy that we should count, just knowing that. Sometimes Satan can bring discouragement if we allow him to. My true need of God in my life everyday and every moment of that day. Having more faith in God, and making me stronger in my christian walk. Richard S.

:unsure:

I do not know if I qualify as a person with "normal" trials because I run a Christian unity ministry designed to help nourish believers online and encourage international evangelism. So I have been going through trials for the past two or three years that amount to severe spiritual warfare--probably because I am a one-man show with no prayer-support But trials are always horrible to the ones going through them, so in a sense, there are no "normal" trials for the person going through one. Mine seem to be heaped up on top of each other. I go through hills and valleys, and yes I get depressed (I'm in good company, Elijah had a severe case of clinical depression when he went to Mt Sinai to see the Lord). But I guess I'd have to say, you can be up, or down, but somehow if you are really with the Lord, you're never "out", the Holy Spirit just won't let that happen (Paul expressed this thought somewhere). To that wonderful gal who said she was blind-sided by jealous church leaders, I've had that happen on two, maybe three separate occasions, each time where I had served in that particular congregation for a minimum of two years. Yes, you just have to see where God really wants you to serve. I found that the Lord wanted me to be able to serve His food on a bigger table, just like this excellent online ministry of Pastor Ralph's. On the subject of "count it all joy", I honestly believe the "joy" part for most of us will come later, at the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.

Agape & Shalom,

Pete

editor UNITYINCHRIST.COM

:D

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life? Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials? Or allowed God to refine you? How have you changed?

Trials have made me stronger. I find that having gone through these trials I can help others who are going through them. Oh praise God Satan has not destroyed me. Satan and myself are not on talking terms. We ar no friends and he is not welcomed in my thoughts or actions. I have changed for the better

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life? Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials? Or allowed God to refine you? How have you changed?

Personaly I usually say that my trials are like my treasures, no matter how painful they might have been I know they have been good instruments to deposit a good wealth of character in me, so I like them. As one preacher said " pain is inevitable, but misery is optional". Satan will always try to destroy us in trial but thanks be to God and the Holly Spirits assistace I am always better of after a trial than before. God has refined me and is refining me continously for His glory. And I can tale I have changed a lot.

I trust my Lord in whatever happens I know that He is able to fulfil His purpose for my life.

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life?

It is during the trials, while we are deep in the valleys that we grow. If we did not have these trials, would we ever THANK God for any of His blessings? No, we would take them all for granted.

We have all sinned and come short of God's glory. Satan may have won a battle or two in my life (temporarily) but the final victory in my life belongs to Jesus Christ!

Or allowed God to refine you? How have you changed?

I've learned, with maturity as a Christian, patience and have a deeper trust in the works God is doing in me during the trials.

Trials and struggles have been resisted thru much of my life. When I was younger, a challenge was boldly overcome in my clumsy ways. Then, when relationships became more important than establishing myself, I focused more on being a peace maker and avoiding conflict. Finding my way to accept the obstacles and live with them rather than to conquer them became the path of least resistance. Pain and sadness, disappointment and even dispair have motivated many choices, I would have liked to have changed in hind sight. But, God has used them to teach me, gently, the ways HE speaks to me, arranges situations for me, and wants me to trust and obey HIM.I am sure there are many opportunities I have missed to build faith, many times I have rushed into something before HE called me to action. There are also many things I didn

Trials in my life tested my strength and faith. Before my faith became stronger every trial that I endured made me become agnostic and since then trials have made me stronger and my faith renewed. Never have I let Satan control my beliefs and faith. Reason for my stroner faith and beliefs is because I let God completely into my heart, mind, and soul. I always related to Job wehn he was tested by Satan and he never betrayed God, he did start doubting but he never gave up. My changes have been enormous. I don't question what happens therefore I learned to accept, I pray and study daily and when I miss doing so because of circumstances beyond my control I feel down trotten but I know god knows that I am still with him.

The first trial - a childs ill health for over 8 years and made a difference in our lives. Perseverance yes of course. We have no other option. But what this teaches us is to enjoy the perserverance. We have learnt to enjoy the small things in my childs life.

The other trial - a temptation - seems to be the easier one, but its not. When over come..its joy. When not ..I feel like a 'strawy Christian'.

Learning here -> Trials and temptations are expected. Learning to enjoy it and grow stronger is the way to go.

The trials that I have been through in my life are the direct result of who I am as a person today. I have struggled in so many areas, to many to list. Looking back, I can say I'm thankful for the trials God has brought me through. I'm praying that God will open the doors for me to use the knowledge that I have gained through those trials to minister to those that are lost.

I was very close to being destroyed by Satan, but God rescued me. Praise be to God for the victory in Jesus!

God is continuing to refine me. I just want to be used for his glory.

What values have trials had in your life?

Well for one thing,they have strengthened my faith. I have come to realize that God has us go thru trials for a reason. Sometimes He does it because He wants to reveal sin in our lives. Other times,it may be because He wants us to learn to depend on Him.

I hate to admit it,but there have been times I allowed satan to discourage me in the midst of a trial.

Or allowed God to refine you?

Often when going thru a difficult trial,I tend to question God. I want to know why He is allowing me to go thru this. However,it's when I'm going thru a trial that I feel closest to God.

How have you changed?

In my early christian life,I used to equate trials with sin in my life. Now I know that this isn't always so. Because of some of the trials I've been thru,I am now able to comfort and be an encouragement to those who are going thru similar trials.

• 2 weeks later...

Since coming to the Lord I have had many trials. Some of them have really sent me for a loop and I allowed them to "destroy" me for the time. Satan really knows when to attack but there many trials that I came through wonderfully and they did "refine" me. I thank God that I have expierenced both and pray that when I come accross the trials that destroyed me at the time I will over come them this time and be able to see the blessing with those as I did with the others.

The trials in my life have been many and I have continue to grow through each one. It is at times, very hard to be joyul in the midst of the trial, but I find the peace that can come only from God.

If the trials stop, would that not mean we are not continuing forward and are no real threat to Satan? :rolleyes: Just a thought

When the going gets tough, I fall to my knees before an awesome God.

I just had a trial just a few months ago. The guy I put in prison for rape was getting out. My fear, anger, hate, distrust came tumbling back. That let Satan come in full force. He introduced me to the most good looking person Death. I listened to death I really thought God had left me. But I stopped took a step back and cryed out to God for help. He was right there all the time. I learned that day how to really die to self and what it feels like to have complete peace. I now keep my eyes just on God. He has helped me through a lot of rough things since then. My faith and trust has grown so much. I turn to God for everything and I mean everything.

I am answering to question 1 of James( Jesus has been

in my life since i accepted him as my Savior in September

of 1977, and i was Baptised in the water, in September

of 2001.

Even though i had not accepted Jesus until 1977, I went

to Sunday School starting in 1942,and i knew back then

who Jesus was ,and that i loved to hear about Him.

It took me ,a long period of time to come to grips with

which road am i going down.

I am now a Deacon of our Baptist Church here in Digby

Nova Scotia,Canada,also a Trustee of the Church.

And every month we have Communion at a Retirement

home for the elderly.

And now i will say with certainty that i do not want Satan in my life , and i will do everything in my power to reject

him.

And Mr wilson i am overjoyed to study the book of James

with you ,i have been taking other bible study and did not

cover the Story of James

May god Bless each one who reads my message,in the

name of Jesus Christ,Amen