JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Blaming God

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Why do people blame God for evil? Because that is how the first man (Adam) decided to handle his shame...Ro 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: So people blame God for creating man in the first place I guess, so they don

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil?

Because they don't truly know the essence of God. People see others do evil and automatically think since God made us He should deliver us. Because He doesn't deliver us in the way the human mind thinks He should we then blame Him for not meeting our expectations.

Does God tempt us with evil?

NEVER! James 1:13 says, Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

No, again see James 1:13 ... neither tempteth he any man.

Why does he allow people to sin?

Free will, plain and simple. We wake every morning and make numerous de cisions throughout the day. I pray 100% make the right decision but since we are human we are going to make mistakes. James 1:14 says, But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own ****, and enticed.

Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

God did not create us for sin. He created us for life, love and to worship Him. When Adam and Eve sinned (were tempted by their own ****) in the Garden of Eden, sin came upon us and we have battled it since. So for God to remove the existance of evil He would have to remove us from His presence forever.

To Miss Dee's questions; One thing that occured to me concerning the first part of the question is this: all my life I've heard that "God is sovereign", "God is on His throne" and "God is in ultimate control".

God is sovereign, on His throne and in control. But He also blessed us with free will. Adam and Eve were only given one command in Genesis 3:16-17 (16) And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden though mat mayest freely eat (17) But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

We were never meant to die physically or spiritually but with this one act of disobedience man's sentence was pronounced. It was only through the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son that we were redeemed, but we still retained our free will.

Without deeper study why wouldn't anyone believe that ALL things are from God?

My thought to this question is spiritual blindness. They've not been taught the true Word of God. Before Bible study, asks sincerely for the Holy Spirit to open ones eyes before studying at it will be revealed.

Maybe someone with understanding can approach the above question.

I believe that people blame God for evil becauese they do not understand where evil come form. They don't understand that evil begin within one's self. It all starts with a thought. God does not cause evil nither does he tempt us with evil. That would be against his character.

He does not temp sinful people with sin. We are allowed to sin because God has given us free will. God want us to obey him because we love him and choose not to sin. God allows evil to exist, because it is part of him allowing our free will to kick in and choose good over evil.

It is easier to blame God than to take responsibility for our own actions. Because of the original sin, God allows us to choose between good and evil. God does not tempt us with evil. Satan tempts us, and our strength in God allows us to turn away from evil. The stronger our faith in God, the more we are able to choose good, and the harder Satan tries to lure us away from eternal life. It is all part of the process of our growth, preparing us for a future in heaven. If there was no evil, how could God separate the wheat from the chaff? He doesn't want us to go to Him kicking and screaming, but because we choose to.

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil?

People blame God because He is God. They think that He can control all and do all and they fail to understand He is a God of His Word and being a God of His Word, He must allow certain things to happen, or He would be working against His own Word and the Word would be of no value. God cannot tempt anyone with evil. Evil is unbelief of God's Word, which results in disobedience or sin.

Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

It may seem that way to some people, but no way does God tempt the sinful with evil. To be sinful, one must be ignorant of or denying of the Word of God. God can only tempt with goodness. If God were to tempt the sinful with evil, He would then be the one that has made the sinful .. sinful.

Why does he allow people to sin?

I don't believe He actually allows them to sin. Sin is a pulling away from or separation from God. I don't see how He could force His creation to be obedient and loyal to Him and still claim to be a God of love. He loves us enough to let us choose (as well as the angels).

Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

I don't believe He allows evil to exist, either. Evil is a result, not a creation. Evil is a result of being our own gods.

Would like to take a second to look at Brian's question...

"I dont know why we get tempted with sin but i know the bible says that God does not tempt. I would really like to know what I can do to stop falling into various sins. I love God and want to grow but i feel like it is beyond me. "

This is one that is so close to my heart and the heart of every Christian who has cried out to God with this same question at some point. We all know of this scenario...we've committed a sin and we turn to God and repent of it...then find ourselves committing the same sin at some point thereafter. What happened, we must've failed right. What now, where do we go...what do we do? You know what, for me the first step is realizing it is beyond me as you have here. Only through His power can I overcome this temptation that has power over me. Alone, it owns me but through Him, I have been set free and He "owns" me. Even Paul wrestled with this problem as shown in Romans 7:18

The image that comes to mind is a prisoner who is shackled to a ball and chain. As Christ enters in, He frees us from this chain yet many of us (myself included) continue to carry this ball around for whatever reason...why? All I know as truth is that in coming closer to Him, we are more apt to make the right decision. As we go further away and focus more on this world, then the more likely we are to make the wrong decision. Remember what the Lord also said to Paul in 2nd Cor 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." It seems you've made the first step in that you've realized not sinning is beyond you, now you just have to seek God's strength in overcoming temptation when it appears at the door.

One other step that might help you is just doing what the world and Satan would most like you not to do...focus on what is good (Philippians 4:8). Protect your mind and heart from the evil of this world...whether it's inappropriate TV shows, movies, internet sites, friends, whatever...focus on what is good according to the Word and I believe God will honor that.

I also might point you to a great little devotional that deals directly with that issue as well. God bless you.

http://www.carm.org/devotions/cross.htm

Travis <><

People blame God because we always want to blame others and not ourselves. There comes a time and there will be a time when we have to stand before God for ourself. There is the possibility for evil but not created by God. We are free-will individual and we have a choice, just like Adam and Eve. We sin from our own evil desires that are within us. God may test us but this is not to see us yeild to sin but to strengthen us and make us stronger in our faith. God wants what best for us and want us to be obedient to his word, regardless.

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Adam was the first one to shift the blame over and he blamed God for giving him woman Eve. After that it seems all mankind still wants to blame God for all that is bad.

God does not tempt us with evil as we have read in James

James 1:13 says, Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

Neither tempteth he any man so do he does not temp people with evil.

James 1:14 says, But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own ****, and enticed.

Man decides what he will do in this life. We have free will and make our own choses and it is up to us to decide if we will let evil in us or not.

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. :D

Before I respond to today's questions I would like to speak to Brian. If you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Savior you have His Spirit within you and you need to get into GOD's Word so that you will be aware of Satan's ways. If you memorize Scripture you will find that you will be more focused on GOD and the temptations will not be as strong. Ephesians 2: 1-13 are very good verses to memorize. Take a week to memorize a verse, go over it several times a day and you will find that you will receive a great blessing.

People blame GOD for evil because they do not personally know our wonderful, loving, holy GOD. It seems that mankind today must blame someone else for everything. No one wants to take responsibility for anything.

No, GOD never tempts us with evil as James 1: 13 reads. Why would a holy GOD use evil to tempt humans?

No, GOD does not tempt sinful people with evil. We have the sinful nature that draws us to sin and if we have not received the spiritual nature by receiving Jesus Christ as our personal Savior we have nothing with which to resist sin.

GOD allows people to sin because He has given us a free will and we make the decision to sin. He wants us to love and serve Him but we must make the choice.

GOD allows evil to exist for now but one day Satan will be thrown into the lake that burns with fire and he will no longer be around to cause people to sin.

I believe God does allow trials to show us what is in us. If any bad is there. Because sometimes we might think of ourself as good when He says there is no one good but Him.

My first time to post.

It is easy to blame God for any of our failures or shortcomings in life but that seems to be more of a sign of immaturity or ignorance from not having a continuing relationship with God. When God created this world, He looked at all He had done and called it VERY GOOD. It was complete and perfect without evil, but through Adam, Eve, and Satan, evil and sin was introduced into this perfect world and to this day we are suffering the consequence. Like a disobedient child trying not to be punished, blame is put on anything, or anyone but themself.

God cannot tempt anyone and He cannot be tempted.

Through freewill he allows us to make choices in our life and like a father, urges us on to make the right choice but the choice is still ours in the end. I think God allows us to sin so that we can realize the difference between right and wrong and aim towards right in order to recieve the crown of life (James 1:12). If we are not continually making decisions, right or wrong, how do we expect to grow from our sin?

In kind of the same way as the above, evil exists so we can grow and overcome evil and so the love of God can be seen.

People tend to blame others for it takes the pressure or guilt off them, makes them feel better to think it was not their fault, it is the easy way out.

No, God does not tempt us, nor does he tempt sinful people.

God allows people to sin and evil to exist for it is our choice on what to do when tempted by our own sinful desires, it is our freewill choice.

When it comes to the bad things that happen in this world a lot of people ask where is God in all of this? Because it's easy to lay the blame on God for all the bad stuff. But when it comes to the good things those same people will try to take all the credit.

James 1:13-14 is pretty clear as to God's view on evil and sin itself. He is not tempted by it nor does he tempt others. It is only by our own evil desires that we allow temptation to come in. And if we are listening to the Holy Spirit within us then we will squash temptation right away before it festers into sin.

That's why daily we need to pray the contents at least of the Lord's prayer. Lead us not into temptation. Asking God to keeps us away from those tempting moments in our life. Deliver us from evil. When we are tempted and sometimes take the bait and fall into the trap. Lord provide us a way out.

And when we give birth to sin then Lord we ask in Jesus name that you will forgive us, restore us, and take us back. God does not tempt us it is the world that tempts us and all it's evil desires. God is the one who takes us away from it. That's why the first part of the chapter tells us to ask for wisdom. Godly wisdom to discern truth from fairy tale.

And that my friends should be done on a daily basis as we continue to grow in our faith.

Why do people blame God for evil?

Because they don't understand the spiritual warfare that is constantly at work and don't see Satan as the one who seeks to kill and destroy. And, God is blamed because He doesn't always prevent bad things from happening. We give Satan a foothold in our lives when we're in disobedience to God.

Does God tempt us with evil?

NO. The temptations come from man's fallen nature and a fallen world.

Does He tempt sinful people with evil?

No....All are tempted alike. (And saved or not, we're all sinful people).

Why does He allow people to sin?

God loves us so much that He gives us freewill. We have the power to choose to obey or disobey Him. His will for us is that we choose His way, but, of course, we don't always do that! As we grow and learn from our mistakes, we grow and mature and learn to rely on Him more and trust Him more ~ so that we realize that His way is always the best way.

Why does He allow evil to exist at all?

Until He comes again, there will always be a spiritual warfare between good and evil. Ultimately, God will reign - every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! Until then, fallible man will continue to do what they do best - sin - and Satan will have power through that to cause havoc on earth. Again, God's given us free will and we choose how far we'll allow evil to reign in our own lives.

People may blamed God for evil especially when some major crisis, tragedy or disaster occurred to them and their loved ones.

I think mostly out of overwhelming sorrow.

Anyway, most of us know evil is of the devil.

Those who blame God does not know God and they have been

blinded by the evil one(2 Corinthians 4 v 4), who is the "god of this world".

God does not tempt us with evil for He is holy(1 Peter 1 v 15,16).

We are tempted when we are drawm away by our own lusts

(1 John 2 v 15,16).

We sinned because of our sinful nature (Romans 3 v 23)

and because we are given a free will. Just as satan(lucifer) was

given a free will. And because he chose to become evil and to

influence Adam and Eve resulting in the Fall of mankind.

God did not allow evil, He simply give us a free will to choose

"the fruit in the garden whether of life or death"(Genesis 2 v 16,17).

Why do people blame GOD when bad things happen?

hmmm, I think the number one answer is of course Ignorance. It seems more and more in todays world people don't have a clue as to

Who,What, How or Where GOD is and have even less of a clue about Satan or his cohorts.

Does GOD tempt people, Scripture say's No. I like the way the Jewish New Testament say's it

Each person is being tempted whenever He is being dragged off and enticed by the bait of His own desire. Then, having concieved, the desire gives birth to sin; and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death.

My understanding is, every person has a desire to sin and has, just as the scripture declares, For all have sinned and come short

To make it even worse, our flesh if you will, drag's us off under compulsion and use's our weakest area to tempt us and for the final

insult, disguise's the sin to look and smell and taste and feel and ect,ect,ect, GOOD!!! Pow, right in the kisser, He got ya

The LORD, thru the Holy Spirit told me personally, or should I say directed me to Scripture, Ephesians chpt. 6v10 thru 18

The most helpful thing that I learned is the sin is not in the temptaion. The temptation's will come. There is only one sure way that I have

learned to keep the sin list short and that is not to, as Yeshua said You have left your first Love Stay in Love with JESUS

Why does GOD allow evil to exist?? My guess is there is only one GOD and He is the creator and we are the creation. He made us in His image

The Angels had a free will and they bit the dust. They were the creation, We have a free will and we bit the dust :o and yet He Loved us so much and wanted us with Him so much He did it all anyway, BLOW'S ME AWAY :blink:

People blame God because it is the easy way out. Isn't funny that many say they don't believe in God but yet, when bad things happen, it's God, never their own evil desires. We have a sinful nature. It starts from within and then satan temps us from without. Double whammy, so to speak. Thank the Lord we have Him to seek as a refuge. God could never tempt us with evil, He may test us with trials but never does He tempt us. That comes from us and from satan.

He does not "allow" people to sin. That is our free will and our choice. God allows satan to tempt us in order to persevere in our trials and to refine us. We need to rely on Christ for everything and not on our own devices.

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!11

I ANSWER FOR ME SINCE I AM PEOPLE

PEOPLE BLAIMS GOD MEANNING I DO

OUT OF IGNORANCE, LIVING IN THE DARK

WE BECOME SELFISH AND WHEN SOMETHING

DOES NOT GO OUR WAY WE PROMPTLY

LOOK FOR SOME BODY TO BLAME AND THERE

IS GOD, WE CANNOT THINK OF SATAN SINCE

WE ARE IN SATAN.

GOD DOES NOT TEMPT ANY ONE

BUT WE ARE MANY THAT THINK THAT GOD

TEMPTS PEOPLE. I AM PEOPLE

GOD DOES NOT HAVE TO TEMPT SINFUL PEOPLE

WE TEMPT OURSELVES REAL GOOD.

GOD GIVES FREE WILL TO ALL AND PEOPLE CHOSES

SIN BECAUSE OUR NATURE CLAIMS OUR INSTINCTS

TO BE FURFILL, MORE SEX, MORE MONEY, MORE FOOD

GOD ALLOWS THE RAIN TO FALL IN THE POOR AND IN

THE RICH, THE SUN COMES OUT FOR EVERY ONE

GOD ALLOWS EVIL FOR US TO MAKE A CHOISE

DO WE WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING?

OR DO WE WANT TO BE HAPPY?

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU.

People who blame God for evil don't know God or His character. God is incapable of evil. He does not tempt us with evil. That, too, is not in His character.

We were born with free will, a freedom to choose between good and evil because God loves us enough to give us that freedom. In the beginning Adam and Eve knew only good. It was only when tempted by Satan that evil was introduced in their lives. When I was born, God chose me to be His child. And now, He asks me to choose Him through His Son Jesus Christ.

He also asks me to choose between good and evil. I believe He loves me enough to trust me. So much is said about our trusting Him, that we forget that He trusts His children. I know the difference between good and evil from His word, from the conviction of the Holy Spirit and from the power of His love. I have no reason, no excuse, not to know the difference. He has equipped me with everything I need to know right from wrong.

But sometimes when I take our eyes off Jesus, I make wrong decisions. Pride, greed, envy, jealousy creep in and before I know it, so do evil thoughts, words, or actions.

It takes constant viligence in studying God's word, prayer, and fellowship with other Christians, and with Jesus to live in a state where good prevails. I don't know that God allows evil to exist exactly. I do know that sometimes as Christians it's easy to get off the right path--and we KNOW Christ. Imagine someone that doesn't know Him. If someone doesn't have God's word or prayer in their life, or if they don't know Christ, it must be that much harder for them to recognize the evil in their lives. Adam and Eve lived in perfect harmony, perfect union with God, and yet, Satan was able to tempt them. But even they were born with the freedom to choose good from evil. I would assume that they didn't know Satan or that he even existed. The Bible says that Satan was crafty. He was able to make Eve sin by the use of doubt. "Did God really say you must not eat from any tree in the garden?" Gen 3:1.

We need to pray constantly, study His word and heed the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Satan is the ruler of this world, but He is not the ruler of my heart.

Many people do not know God at all. Their ignorance of God or His word, and lack of wanting to be accountable, suggest that they blame God for everything that is wrong in life so that they should not have to give account to Him. When faith is weak a person may be tempted to ask God "why why why?, Why me?' But as we mature in Christian living and understand God a little more, we see that He is LOVE and nothing else. The heart of man is deceitful. God has a monopoly on Truth. Man's heart is carnal in nature, protecting carnal interests until His spirit, quickened by the Holy Spirit, changes Him into the image of Jesus.

God provides a way to escape temptation, not temptation itself. But He uses all things together for good to those who love Him - a wonderful Truth. Who would be anywhere else that with God?

People are learning. Babies learning to walk tumble down, learn to pick themselves up and try again untill they are successful. We learn to gain victory over sin by our own choice to have our eyes on Him, and become a "friend of God" like father Abraham. He changes us into victorious sons of God. He promises a crown to those who overcome! I like prizes!

I often wonder if God Himself made a choice for good at some stage, seeing that He made us in His own image and we have to make that choice. He is wonderfully encouraging to those who choose Him. Maturing in Christ seems to be, in some measure, a test of our ability to overcome sin and find our full destiny in Him, walking in the works that He has prepared for us to walk in, miraculous works! How blessed we are to be able to choose Him.

Why do people blame God for evil. Does God tempt us with evil? Does He tempt sinful people with evil. Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Adam blamed God in the garden and Eve blamed the serpent. Human nature in its fallen form looks to blame someone else and God is a popular target. If we can blame Him or someone else then we have a reason for our actions or thoughts when it is really us and we don't want to see that. The buck stops here for my own actions and choices.

God does not tempt us with evil. We are tempted by our own selfish and sinful desires.

People are tempted to do evil by there own sin nature. It is not of God. Jesus said "The prince of this world cometh and hath nothing in me". It is of us. To those who haven't been born again of the Spirit it is what feels natural and even temporarily good to do evil. There is a satisfaction in it because it agrees with our sin nature. It satisfies the desires of the flesh and we like to be satisfied.

God is God and He is good and I don't know why He allows some of the things He allows. It is mine to trust and obey and I have a ways to go in just doing that. But I do know that some of the things He has allowed are what brought me to Him and personal faith in the first place so I am thankful that He can work all things for the good even though they are not always in and of themselves "good".

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26