JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Blaming God

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

I feel that people blame God because since God can do anything they feel that evil things are from him and they don't realize or know about what all Satan the Devil can do. God does not tempt with evil nor anything else. God does not tempt people who are sinful. The desire to sin is already within them because we as humans were born into sin. They have chosen to do what is in their mind and heart but the Devil is the one who entices and encourages not only sinful people but all people. God has already made known what is required of us to please him and we as Christians have a choice of what we want to do whether it be right or wrong. God prefers us to do right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God does not tempt us for sure. People blame God because he is not there to answer back right now :-) (jokingly true). Some blame God for allowing Satan to tempt us.

In any case its our response thats important ,if we know the difference as to whom to trust.

He allows us to sin because freedom is the cornerstone of love. Without evil there is no good. Lets choose good (especially when given by a God who loves us by dying on the cross for us)

Why do people blame God for evil?

I think many people feel that because God created the world,He's responsible for what goes on in it.

Does God tempt us with evil?

No He does not. He provides a way so that we can avoid the temptation of evil if we so choose.

Does He tempt sinful people with evil.

Again,He does not. Sinful people have free will,so giving in to the temptation to do evil is a choice.

Why does He allow people to sin?

It goes back to free will. Because of Adam's fall,we all are born with a sin nature. He could of made us all robots,but He didn't. By allowing people to sin,He is allowing them to exercise their free will.

Why does He allow evil to exist at all?

Again,it comes down to the free will issue. God would rather we have the choice between doing what is evil and doing what is right.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

I think people blame God for evil because they are not very strong in their faith or they don't really have faith and they just want someone or something to blame for the bad in life.

God does not tempt. He allows us to be tempted by Satan because He knows that it will help us become closer to Him.

He allows us to sin and evil to exsits because God gives us our chooser and unfortunatrly we as humans tend to sin and commit evil acts. I think these choices hurt God because He sees His children making bad choices and as any parent He would like to make the choices for us but knows that we will never learn if He steps in.

• 2 weeks later...

Belair14, Q2: 1.13-15

Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil,? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin ? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

People blame God for evil because they do not understand , that it was not God who started evil ,it was

( Lucifer ) Satan,who tempted (Eve) in the Garden ,and we have all evolved from this sin.

God does not tempt us with evil, the Devil took care of that , and no he does not tempt evil upon evil,.

He has allowed people to sin ,because he told us that the only way out of sin is to die through Him. And that means we have our own Cross to bear.

And if we have Faith and Believe in Jesus ,we are dead

in sin,and alive in Salvation through Jesus Christ.

Why do people blame God for evil? The lost do not understand that God cannot temp with evil. That God did not do the evil. Now for a spiritual mature christian, they should understand but sometimes they do the blame game also. But a babe in christ rather this person is new to christianity or one that has been a christian for years but never been parented ( dicipled one on one or in a small group for a year or two) they are still like the lost they just don't understand. God cannot tempt us with evil. He is allowing us freewill.

Does God tempt us with evil? NO!!!!

Why does he allow people to sin? God doesn't we allow sin in our life. Saved or lost we are sinfull. But the saved have God, Jesus, Holly Spirit to go to for help and ask for the knowledge and strength not to allow that sin back in our life.

Why does He allow evil to exist at all? He allows because he gave us freewill. The evil builds our strength in God. Evil can look so goodlooking, inviting and you will slip right into it, without realizing so stay in Gods word, pray everyday and die to self, let God rule you without attachments.!!!

Why do people blame God for evil? I have heard a lot of different reasons. The big one I hear from people is that God is in charge of all things which means evil. People can be so immature and this is what causes people to blame others. I know of a lot of people who do not believe Satan is real so they blame God. I have also heard a lot of , " If God really loves me why does he let this happen".

Does God tempt us with evil? No. I beleive that God will let things happen to get our attention. We do not always llisten to God. I do not believe that God does not let things happen haphazardly. It all has a purpose.

Does he tempt sinful people with evil? No

Why does he allow people to sin? God has given us free choice. God wants us to choose, not be like robots. I found God once again in my period of deep sin.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

God does not owe us and explanation for anything he does. We have free will. God allows things in our life. Some things that happen in the world are very sad, but God's mind is nothing like ours. He sees the whole picture and knows what is best for us. He is awesome and one day we will understand...but for now, we should trust and obey Him.

• 3 weeks later...

GOD IS A SOVEREIGN GOD AND AS CHRISTIANS WE SOMETIMES EXPECT HIM TO KEEP ALL EVIL ATTACKS AWAY FROM US, NOT REALISING THAT IN EPHESIANS 6 WE ARE TOLD BY THE APOSTLE PAUL TO PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD DAILY CAUSE WE'RE IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE. WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WARFARE, IT CAN BE SO EASY FOR PEOPLE TO BLAME GOD FOR EVERY NEGATIVE CIRCUMSTANCE IN THEIR LIFE.

GOD DOES NOT TEMPT US WITH EVIL; HOWEVER WHEN THE TEMPTER WHO IS SATAN BRINGS WICKED THOUGHTS OR DESIRES, THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO LIVES WITHIN US IS RIGHT THERE HELPING US TO OVERCOME THE ATTACKS USING THE WORD OF GOD AS OUR WEAPON JUST LIKE JESUS DID IN THE WILDERNESS. BUT WE MUST ASK FOR HIS HELP; HE IS OUR HELPER.

GOD DOES NOT TEMPT SINFUL PEOPLE WITH EVIL. RATHER IT IS HIS DESIRE TO SEE EVERY MAN COME TO REPENTANCE AND TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS.

GOD ALLOWS PEOPLE TO SIN BECAUSE GOD ALLOWS CHOICES.FROM THE BEGINNING, WHEN SATAN WAS THE ARCHANGEL LUCIFER IN HEAVEN HE HAD A CHOICE TO WORSHIP GOD OR REBEL; HE REBELLED AND THE REST IS HISTORY.THEREFORE IT'S SO IMPORTANT TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT ATTITUDE DAILY AND TO CHOOSE TO DO RIGHT ACCORDING TO HIS WORD.

WITHOUT EVIL IN THIS WORLD WE'D ALL BE WORSHIPPERS OF GOD BUT NOT BY OUR CHOICE, BUT BECAUSE WE HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. WE'D BE LIKE ROBOTS PROGRAMMED TO DO GOOD BECAUSE WE WERE FORCED TO.GOD LOVES US ENOUGH TO ALLOW CHOICES. HE RESPECTS OUR DECISIONS TO CHOOSE HIM OR NOT;HE WONT FORCE US. GOD BLESS....

• 1 month later...

Pride! Easier to blame everthing and everyone else that look at ourselves. God doesn't temp anyone to sin. We sin because we have evil hearts. evil exists I think to allow God opportunities to display his mercy and grace.

It brings to mind the phrase "we have made our bed and now we must sleep in it". When sin first entered into the realm of mankind it began reeking havoc on the world and hasn't stopped. People blame God because He is the creator and preserver of all things and they see Him as ultimately responsible but they forget about the choices our forefathers have made. God created a perfect world for us but also gave us free will. God does not tempt us with evil but he allows us to make choices. He hopes that our choices are to follow Him (hence: the ten commandments). He allows sin to exist in order for us to decipher the light from the dark and hopefully choose the lighted path.

• 4 weeks later...

God is a Holy God a loving Father, and can not look upon evil, He does not tempt us with evil.

People blame God for evil because they are quite weak, they give in to the flesh.

God has given each of his children a free will, he will not make us do anything against our will.

I believe so we will grow in our walk with Him, if He took evil out of the world it would make it very easy for us, He wants us to choose between good and evil.

God has set guide lines for us, hence the ( Ten Commandments )

PRAISE YOU JESUS, AMEN .

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• 1 month later...

Man, sinful as we are, blame God for evil I think because we don't want to experience pain and suffering. We are pleasure seekers and lovers of ourselves. God never tempts anyone. God is God, I can't question Him "why?".God knows what is best for each one of us especially for His children. It's not important to me now to know why He allows evil to exist. What's important to me is that I know He loves me and He wants the best for me. :D

• 3 weeks later...

It all comes back to free will and God wanting us to make the choice. Just like any parent wants and prays their child will do the right thing but we know we have to let them grow and learn on their own.

I believe that by majority people underestimate the spiritual battles that go on constantly all around us. With out proper protection (out armor of God Galations 6) we do not have a strong force to fight with.

To have a true concept of the power of Satan and his plan to steal kill and destroy is a very intense and even scary but we have rest knowing that his power is NEVER greater than Gods! But none the less the fight is hard and exhausting. So at times it is easier for many to say that it is God who is testing them.

Just like Job was not tempted by God. It was Satan who tempted. God relied on Jobs love and faithfulness to pull him through. Many read that story and see God allowing evil and temptation but It was Satan who was temping.

People appearently don't want to own their self made problems and have a need to blame someone--God being their scapegoat. God gives us all a free will to choose our path in life; some prefer the sinful path--the way of enticement. The reason God allows evil, I believe, is best known by God alone, not by the intellect of man.

We all need to examine ourselves.

• 1 month later...

People blame God for the trials in their lives because I think the people just want a reason for something that is tough. God becomes the scapegoat, when instead He may be testing you. Temptations will arise, but we need to be stronger than them. God is testing us. The Lord gave us the choice; we have freewill, and with this come good and evil. We sometimes choose evil, but this is not what God wants.

• 2 months later...

Because they think if he is the all powerful God, that he can destroy the devil & get rid of all evil if he really wanted to.

Does God tempt us with evil?

No, but he allows it so we can grow stronger in Christ by being over comers in his strength.

Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

God doesn't tempt anyone with evil.

Why does he allow people to sin?

Because he is a God of love & has given man a free will.

Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Because he is a God of love, & not a dictator. By allowing evil he has given man the choice to follow him or not to. If we didn't have choice we would be robots under a dictator as opposed to the loving God that he is. :)

• 3 weeks later...

It is human nature to blame someone else. People argue that God as our creator is all powerful and that He is to blame for evil.

Scripture clearly states, James 1:13 "When tempted no one should say 'God is tempting me.' For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;"

God allows people to sin because it is our desire and He gives us free will.

God allows evil to exist becuase of the above statement regarding free will. Since Adam ate from the tree of knowledge we have been separated from God and our own evil desires lead us into temptation.

The good news is (sorry I'm preaching the Gospel) that Christ came to save us and through His death on the cross the price of our sins was paid. God's plan is coming to fruition and He will soon put things right.

Yours in Christ,

John.

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil?

Evil comes from within, blamming God is an easy way out rathert than accepting responsibility for our actions.

Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

No. God is not tempted by, or use evil to tempt us. We are inherently evil and the only way we can break away from that evil is to let God work within us.

Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Without evil/sin there is no choice without choice we are just mindless robots. God gives us the opportunity to choose him over evil and thus reap the rewards he has planned for us. God created us for the purpose of being with him. He gave us the freedom to choose therfore making the choice to be with him valuable.

• 1 month later...

I think because we only see such a small part of God's plan, it is sometimes easy to blame God for the evil around us. It is easy to think, "If God really loves me, if he really is in charge, he could keep this from happening to me".

Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

This passage makes it pretty clear that God doesn't do the tempting.

Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

I'm not sure I've got a quick answer for that one. I'm not sure any of the answers I've read really satisfy me either....

• 2 weeks later...

Verse 13 tells us that God cannot tempt us with evil. God has no evil desires so he does not tempt us that way. We are all sinful people. We sin because we are sinners. Those evil desires abide in us. This is the nature of spiritual warfare. God allows people to sin because of free will. He is such a loving God that he gives us a choice.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure why people blame God for evil, I know for myself, when I have prayed and prayed, and it seemed to turn out the way I did not want it to, it made me wonder if God even heard. Or what did I do that He was allowing this to happen? But I know that all things work for the good of those who love HIM. At the time I may have been blind to God's molding of me, but when through the fire you can look back and see that it was not God tempting you, but the bad decisions you made.

Evil exists because we are born sinnful creatures who are in need of a savior. We need Jesus, and without him we are naturally destructive to ourselves, to everyone and everything around us.

Angie