JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Blaming God

People I believe blame God because they can not accept the fact that we are sinners while we are in our fleshly bodies. Temptation does come upon us, but we have a choice to either go with it or listen to God through His Spirit in us to give us strength to pull through our temptations and trials.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

I believe people blame God for evil because they have no faith and are listening to the lies of satan. Satan's goal is to dishonor the Lord and so he places lies in peoples' hearts to accomplish that goal.

God does not tempt us with evil, but He allows it. I believe His desire is to turn things around on satan. If the Lord is allowed to use evil circumstances and temptations caused by satan to cause something good, like spiritual growth, then that is the ultimate victory!!

The Lord does not tempt sinful people with evil, but He allows them free will to choose evil or good. As the Bible says: "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man. And God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape that you may be able to bear it." People are given both choices.

He allows people to sin because He allows them choice. He finds no pleasure in forcing people to do His will; He desires our hearts and love and obedience out of love for Him. He allows evil to exist because, once again, He allows us to choose: Him or satan.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil?

I think it is our nature to want to find someone to shove blame off on. Most of the time, when we are faced with evil, it's because of our sinful nature. It's the enticing of our lusts that causes us to be drawn away by temptations, as James says. So while we are "petting" our lusts and spending the majority of our time defending our actions, it's much easier for the flesh to blame God for evil. That way, we don't have to accept our responsibility in the matter.

Does God tempt us with evil?

Very simple answer, no! How can God tempt you with something He has no part of?

Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

The only thing God does with sinful people is convict them by His precious Holy Spirit.

Why does he allow people to sin?

It's part of that free-will thing we talk about! God loved us enough to want us to be part of His Kingdom, but He also allowed us to make choices. Unfortunately, we allow our sinful flesh to make of the choices for us and that's what causes our problems.

Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Because of the original sin made by Adam. Had Adam not sinned, we will still be in the Garden walking in the cool of the day with our God.

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

When we are full of evil it would appear as if we were beibg tempted by GOD. That is the exact trick of the devil! He wants us to be confused about our Father in Heaven. However, as you grow in the LORD you realize that the only one who can tempt you is YOU! We are evil creatures and all need to submit to the LORD and HIS ways in order to have a pure and perfect life. GOD is a God of free choice.. it is HIS will that none should perish..but we must choose HIM. HE cannot choose us!

People blame God because they feel that if God loved them then he wouldnt give them trials or persecutions.

God doesnt create evil nor does he tempt us with evil. It is the trials which bring us closer to God. God gives us a choice. How we choose strenthens our relationship with God. God allows evil to exist so we may grow and not be like a child.

Pride causes denial and a failure on our part to confront our faults. It's easy to blame God as we don't see Him as being able to reveal the truth. How sadly mistaken we are a sooner ot later all things will be made manifest in the Light!

God doesn't tempt anyone, in any manner. We, by our flesh, alow allow ourselves to be tempted by the world and it's prince.

God wants true believers, friends and children, brothers, sisters and priests. He wants our relationship with Him to be genuine, loving and uncondtional. Sin and evil exist because mankind thrives in it and God allows it to contiue because those who qualify in the former will go through the fire of the latter and be purged, happily and by our own choice, guided by the Lord and His Holy Spirit.

• 2 months later...

I think people blame God for evil because they don't know Him. He made us all with free will. He knows that this is a fallen world and we all sin. That is why He sent His son to rectify the situation. I think we all ask that question of "Why does God allow evil?" or "Why does He allow all this suffering?" God uses all things to bring glory to Himself. God is sovereign. He can do whatever He wants and who are we to question Him? He does all things for a reason, and He will use all things for the good for those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

:unsure:

Many people blame God because they don't know enough abut God. If they new God and his love, kindness for us, they wouldn't blame God.

• 2 weeks later...

People blame God for evil, because ultimately God is in control, therefore when troubles, trials and disasters come, people immediately say where is God in all this; why is God doing this to me? God allows evil in the world, because he gave us free will. We can either follow Him or not the choice is ours. He certainly doesn't tempt us. Temptation is all part of the fall and our own evil desires. Trials are tests of our love for Him, verse 12 of chapter 1 says'' Those who stand tall in the trials are not only those who have faith in God but also those who love Him.'' [ Holman Christian Standard Bible. ] If we face our trials without dissolving into bitterness, whining or despair, we will gradually become stronger in our faith and have a deeper love for Him too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People have a tendency to blame. It takes the ownership away from ourselves and makes it easier to deal with. It's one of those human nature things. Why blame God? Maybe because we know he's the one who can fix it so easily if he chose to.

I don't believe he tempts us, but he does allow evil. To allow free will, he could not do otherwise, but we each make our own choices. Free will - it allows evil and it allows good, it allows sin and it allows righteousness. The choice is always our own.

t is easy when one sins to look for an escape goat. fod is soo loving that aHe wouldnot put anyathing in our paath to make us sin. God always has our best interest aat heart.He is alaways pointing us to the best things in lifeEvil people think only of themselves for selfish gain, God has given us a free will and we havae a choice to maake,but here are alaso conequences to our choices. Evil exits abecause of sin in this wicked w orld

• 3 weeks later...

I blamed God because I did not unserstand why He was letting it happen.

I know this is going to sound like I am trying to switch the blame , but hear me out first.

I was not taught by my spiritual leaders that this Christian journey was an on going battle.

I was under the impression that once you were saved it was all sunshine and roses; peace and prosperity.

I now understand that God does not bring the the bad things into our lives and He does not tempt us.

Although it would have been nice to have been better instructed by former Pastors, Sunday School Teachers and my Christian parents; I accept most of the blame for my disillusionment. :o

As I can NOW see it is all plainly spelled out in God's Word what to expect on this journey from Earth to Heaven.

I should have read the Word for myself and not depended so much on others to teach me and spiritually feed me.

My current Pastor told me "Stop depending on others to feed you; feed yourself."

Though I still enjoy spiritual food from the hands of others, I now also 'feed' myself from God's Word and things like this Bible Study.

People are allowed to sin because of free will or choice.

God will not force anyone to follow Him and live righteously.

Evil still exists because Satan and his devils have not been bound yet. God has not set up the new Heaven and new Earth yet. Until that time there will still be a battle between good and evil. We must choose who we will follow and who we will serve.

• 3 weeks later...

We blame God for evil because we do not understand. When bad things happen to me and my faith is tried, I tend to look to heaven and shake my fist. Intellectually, I know that God is not bringing the evil on me to tempt me. But I'm so distraught and upset that I blame God. God allows me to sin and be tempted by evil because He created me with free will. If He created me with free will and then let there be no chance for evil, what real choice would there ever be to do right? Evil is the opposite of good so, for free will to be possible, we must have both options.

• 3 weeks later...

1.) People blame God for evil because of their lack of faith. Perhaps they do not even know God so they just blame Him for the bad things that happen. People who blame God for evil do not read or study the Bible. Actually they do not know God at all.

2.) God does not tempt us with evil.

3.) No, God does not tempt sinful people with evil. The devil is the one with the bait.

4.) I believe that God allows people to sin so that they will turn to Him and ask for forgiveness and repent to HIS will.

5.) God allows evil so that people are put to a test and can exercise free will and make choices. The choice to serve God or to serve the devil. My choice is to serve God. The devil has already been defeated.....the devil will constantly stay in the face of people who are Christians. The devil preys upon Christians which is why it is so important to keep a very close relationship with God. He is our protector. God is God. That is all.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they blame God because he made all good and bad. God does not want us to do evil, he wants us to follow him and he can't be in the presence of sin. I would think that he wouldn't tempt sinful people with evil either becuase his desire is for all to come to him. God gives us a free will. We wouldn't be following him by heart. Who wants someone to love them because they are forced to.

Our only hope is to learn to depend on God for our victory and salvation. This begins when we receive Jesus as our Savior. Soon we learn that we never lose the need of Jesus for salvation and victory. As temptation comes and we find ourselves losing time and time again, we again cry out to God for help. Therefore, evil serves a good purpose. We learn to rest in our Savior. We strive to overcome, yet we will always need Jesus our Savior. Evil came as a result of Satan believing he was complete in himself. Evil still exists as a result of people believing they can overcome without God. God tempts no man, but man soon learns his severe need for God as a Savior. We never lose that need. The songwriter wrote,

This hits to the heart of the matter for me. I know I have blamed God for evil because He has the power to prevent it (unknowingly having just failed a test of His). So I ask God "Why did you allow this evil into my life? What I come to realize (slowly and with great pain) is that I don't want God to hold me accountable- responsible for my sin. Okay but God allows adversity into a person's life who hasn't sinned (Job)? Now I'm not righteous like Job but it makes me think why would God allow (the devil did it) to one person? To build character? To glorify Himself? It seems a steep price to pay but again I think in self-centered, irresponsible thinking. I'm a sinner and I have accepted Jesus Christ into my life. And I do believe faith without works is dead but when the rubber meets the road would I suffer as much as Job did to glorify God? I like to think I would but maybe that sliver of doubt believing I might not illustrates that my walk with Christ is just beginning and my faith immature. I don't believe God tempts us with evil because evil has no part of God. He can't tempt with what He doesn't have (or ever has had). The devil does the grunt work of temptation but mind you satan is extremely effective at this work. God will allow it to test us but it never comes directly from Him (although their is a Biblical passage relating that everything passes by God before it gets to you???) Evil is present thanks to Adam & Eve and exists in a world of free choice. We have a choice to love God or not. Provided we come knockin' He'll always answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (1:13-15)

Why do people blame God for evil?

Does God tempt us with evil?

Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

Why does he allow people to sin?

Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

People blame God for evil because they are deceived of the truth by being temped of OUR own sinful desires.

James 1: 13-15 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by

evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

The truth is God doesn't temp anyone with evil because God is good, period!

James 1: 16-18 Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

I remember a time in my life where I had questioned that for myself. Why did God allow me to sin (even though I knew better) and what Ive learned is that when I realized what I had done, hurt him as well as those around me. He showed me a deeper depth of his unconditional love, grace, and mercy. To experance these Godly traits in a personal way goes to the depths of my heart. James 1:18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

Through the evils of this world, we can truly experience joy, steadfastness, and endurance even in the trials, and temptitations we face everyday. Its in those trials we when yielded to God learn of his word and experience it. His word of truth becomes our way of life.

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil?

People blame God for evil because they are of the opinion that nothing happens unless God allows it to happen.

Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

God does not tempt us with evil. Whether one is sinful or repented God does not tempt anyone with evil. James tells us in chapter one "... God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; ..."

Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Evil exist and man is allowed to sin because God have given all men a free will. Man can choose to do good and he can choose to do evil, the choice is his, God have given that to him.

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (1:13-15)

Why do people blame God for evil? People blame God for evil because He is the Creator of all things. We need someone to blame for the Evil that causes us, otherwise good-intentioned folks, to fall short of the glory of God.

Does God tempt us with evil? God does not tempt us with evil. God does not have evil in His possession to use as a tool for tempting us. Temptation comes from Satan. God allows us to be tempted to build in us character and perserverance. Overcoming temptations helps us to grow in our faith and demonstrates our love for Christ Jesus.

Does he tempt sinful people with evil? He does not tempt sinful people either. Again, God does not use temptation, but merely allows temptation to occur. People are considered "sinful" only because they succomb to the evil desires of their hearts. We need to set our minds on the things above as the Bible instructs.

Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all? God is a gentleman. He never forces Himself or His ways on anyone. People are given free choice. From the Garden of Eden, God has always given us choice. Evil exists because Lucifer fell from grace after trying to usurp God's rightful place on the throne. From that point on, there has always been both good and evil. Therefore, God has given each of us the right to choose for ourselves the path we wish to follow. This does not mean that those of us who choose to follow the path of righteousness will always succeed. No one other than Christ has ever or will ever live a life completely free of sin. This is where forgiveness comes in. Christ not only lived a perfect life, but he gave up that life so that the sins of all mankind could be forgiven. He took that sin on himself. I believe that as agonizing as Christ's death was, that he experienced greater agony in having the sins of the world placed on His shoulders. By allowing people to choose for themselves the path they wish to follow gives greater meaning to that decision. If there is only one path, why then would you reward someone for choosing it?

[/quote

People who blame God do not know God...God does not tempt anyone as it is the **** of the flesh that tempts people...Since the fall of Adam...God has given man mercy through Jesus...for Jesus the only Son of God paid the price for the sin man caused from the beginning when Adam sinned..God gives man a free will to choose...It is man that allows himself to sin for he is given the choice...a choice to accept salvation through Jesus Christ..or to reject Him...To reject the Lord leads to death and eternal seperation from God and that is a choice man takes...

• 2 weeks later...

People blame God for evil because they have not thought out what God really created. He provided us with free will when He created us. People want to blame God for what humanity does and refuse responsibility. Man has created evil on this planet under the influence of satan and the fallen angels who rebelled against God. As long as there is free will and people not committed to the life changing power of the living God there will be evil on this planet. God permits free will and with that freedom God permits evil to exist.

James tells us that God is not tempted by evil and does not tempt us with evil.

• 4 weeks later...

I think people blame God because it is easier for them to do so. God does not tempt us with that that could cause us to fall or destroy us, if we are not strong people will cause us to fall. We have always had free will-God will never take that from us, we choose to either do good or evil.