JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Blaming God

It is easier to blame God than to accept resposnsibility for our actions, because if you accept resonsibility, you admit guilt and need to examine yourself for change. Hard to do if you are enjoying the sin.

God can not temp you with any sort of evil, he is wholly good.

He allows us to be tempted by our own sinful heart.

He created us to have the right to choose, because he wanted us to worship him of our own free will, not by force.

He will not force us to worship him, out of love we have a choice, out of love he want our hearts.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

There are so many good responses here that I agree with and am not sure if I really have much to add. BUT that never stopped me before! ;)

I believe that people blame God for evil for a variety of reasons, but I think one of the biggest reasons is convenience. It is convenient to have someone else to blame. Just like when you and your brother are playing rough in the house and break mom's beautiful vase. It's so much easier to blame each other than to accept responsibility yourself. When we allow sin into our lives, we don't want to accept the fact that we could have said no and walked away from it. We made a conscious choice to sin and suddenly we don't want to take the responsibility of it, so we pass the buck saying that it's all God's fault.

While it's true that God allows evil to exist in this old world, He does not tempt us with it, regardless of whether we are Christian or not. We are told that He will never allow us to be tempted beyond that which we are able to bear or say no to and the He will always provide a way for us to escape the temptation of evil. It's our choice whether we choose to take that escape so lovingly provided or plow headlong into sin and try to either handle it on our own or suffer the consequences. Evil exists because of man.....Eve and ultimately Adam's choice in Eden ushered in the age of sin and evil. While God did not create it per se, He does allow it to exist and allows us to be exposed to it in the hope that we will turn to Him in time of trial and temptation rather than trying to go it on our own. His ultimate desire is that ALL people become reconciled to Him.

Well, I guess I did have a little more to say than I thought I did.

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Does God tempt us with evil? Jesus said " a house divided against itself can not stand." Is God divided against himself, it is satans job to tempt with sin. It is God's promise to undergird us with His Spirit and cause us to triumph in Christ Jesus always. We face choices in our lives just like Adam and Eve. James says it"s our lusts that pull us into sin, our corrupt desires when we drift from God. Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you. God Bless.

People who blame God for evil do not understand who He is or why He sent Jesus Christ to earth to die on a cross and rise from the dead. Nor do they understand that God created Adam and Eve to have fellowship with them, and they broke that bond of fellowship when they chose to believe Satan rather than God.

God does not tempt anyone with evil but has given us free will so that we can choose if we want to have fellowship with Him or not. When we understand that we understand why evil must exist so that His grace may abound.

Most people, especially today, like to blame others for the responsibility of their own actions and this sometimes includes God. People get so self involved in their own desires and wants that when something goes wrong they can't see it as themselves. God does not tempt anyone to sin, it's a choice we choose to make on our own when we decide to go with a sinful desire that is within us. God tempts no one. God loves us all so much that He has giving us free will. sinner or saint, to either serve Him, ourself or Satan.

Everything in life and death is either God initiated or God allowed. Therefore, for instance, we ask God for a cure and we don't get the cure we wanted. We point and blame Him even though we shouldn't. He could have stopped it but He didn't. That is what happened to me recently, I'm ashamed to say. I knew better but when I got mad and blamed God. Satan was overjoyed "Ye of little Faith!" he scowled at me. I had to search deep for the voice of Truth and Love that was obscured behind my anger, and only then when I found it did I come back to my senses and thank God for taking my brother into His awesome kingdom.

Blaming God for evil is an immature way of understanding God's omnipotence and sovereignty - with God in total control of us, His puppets. But that view denies our role in accepting or rejecting Him and His will. It is our rejection and rebellion that allows evil to flourish in our lives and in the world. And God allows us to go through that as consequence for our actions and choices. But in His mercy and grace, He also provides a way out of every temptation... and forgiveness when we do give in to temptation. May His Name be praised!

People blame God for evil because of their own shortcomings. They may feel that God is punishing them for something that they knowingly did that was not right. God does not tempt sinful people with evil. People are allowed to sin because we as people have free will we can choose to following him and his ways or not. Gods testing is done to strengthen us and to confirm our faith. Sin comes into the picture when we choose not to succumb to the test and choose to handle things our own way through our words, thoughts or deeds. We decide to not lean and depend on Him therefore leaving a door open for Satan to come in and do his handywork in our lives. Evil exist due to the original sin....."all men inherited natural corruption from Adam. Due to Adam and Eve's sin ...we as their offspring "fell" from the original goodness God had created in us. That is why we have a daily walk with the Lord becasue our natural inclination as non-perfect people, born in iniquity is to do wrong. We choose to do right.

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil?

I feel we blame God cause we don't want to take the blame ourselves. If we take the blame then we have to pay for the mistakes we have made.

Why does he allow people to sin?

Becuase he gave us all free will. He gave us the freedom to choose between doing whats right or wrong. He wanted us to choose to love him but sometimes we choose to do our own thing in stead.

Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

it is satan that Temps us, but i do believe that God created evil

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

He allows evil to happen becuase of free will. He allows things to happen so that we can grow closer to him and trust him more to take care of us.

B)

By being an immature Christian we tend to blame God for everything that happens. God can not tempt anyone with evil! However, He can and does allow it to happen to make us stronger. He has no evil in Him , we have evil desires and we give in to our own carnality.We have free will choices> We can choose to do right or wrong. We should look at these choices that we make and not blame God for our bad choices, but take responsibility for them. We need to be wiser and grow stronger from the choices we make whether good or bad. Because of our free will that He has given, we have to make the right choice and PRAISE Him for the opportunity to choose.

I know sometimes people do blame God for things that happen in their life. But I feel those people don't know God, because just thinking of blaming God for something bad in my life makes me feel awful. God is love, and His word tells us he does not tempt us to sin. We have a free will and satan is out to seek, kill and destroy. It is our choice to sin or not fall into that tempation. I am so thankful that through Jesus Christ we are overcomers and that we can tell Satan to get behind us. Evil exists because Satan exists, but the battle has already been won by our Savior Jesus Christ. Priase His Holy Name

I try not to blame God for what i do to myself in my life,i know that he tries His best to give me advice according to the Bible and he provides the strength for me to endure during my trials and my tribultions. i khow that at times i can blame God for the test and trials that He puts me through but then He gently teaches me that eveything comes in due time

Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Actually, people surmise from Isaiah 45:7 that God does create evil but this is a different kind of evil. This is an evil that is more like a calamity, such as what is called a "natural disaster" which God can and certainly does bring for purposes of judgment (as in Sodom and Gomorroah or the Flood) and mercy (to bring us to repentance as Jesus explained in Luke 13).

God never tempts anyone with evil. We have enough of that in ourselves from the Fall.

Obviously God allows evil to exist ultimately for His glory. Exactly how that works, I'm not sure. The explanation Jonathan Edwards gives in Concerning the Divine Decrees:

1. they blame God because they are blind and lacking knowledge

2. no

3. no. I like the one post that mentioned that temptations and such only bring out what was already there.

4. He allows people to sin because it's their own choice, and He has allowed us that.

5. It is my understanding that He allows evil to continue to exist here on earth because He loves us. Let me explain. This is the way I see it.

When man was created He gave man dominion over the earth. God no longer had it. He gave it to us. Adam and Eve screwed up, and in their ignorance that they were already created in God's image, wanted to be "like God" said the devil, and disobeyed God, thus giving this dominion over to Lucifer and his crew. If God were to intervene where He no longer had dominion, he would be in violation of His own laws, word, and creation, and destroy it all. Jesus through His sinless life was the perfect and final sacrifice for our sins, thus bridging this gap between God and man, and through the miracle of His resurection, defeated the enemy and took back dominion over the earth! We, as his diciples through faith in Him, are led by the Holy Spirit to take back what was stolen from us. Jesus has won us the victory. We must perservere and walk continually towards it. There is evil in the world, I believe, because man allows it. Hearts are turned towards it, rather than towards the will of God, which is for sin and evil to be purged from the earth forever.

That's my take on it.

Be blessed.

I believe people blame God for evil because it's easy to do. I believe the challenge is looking within your self to see how you can make things better. Not for yourself but for others. God gives us choices and it is up to us to make the choice that is pleasing to him. God wants us to come to him willing and able to do a great service and that means being able to resist temptation that will hinder your walk with him. It is so easy to be sinful because we are born of the flesh, the flesh and the spirit are constantly fighting each other, God wants us to be so filled with his word that when the flesh is attacking we are equipped to win the battle.

People don't want to accept the responsibility for some of the things they have done. God does not tempt us with evil. He has given us the choice of free will.

No, but we are all sinful. Through the choice of free will we make the decision as to whether or not to sin. God is hurt by our sinning. Evil existed in the Garden of Evden. Our 'path' was made by eating the forbidden fruit. We chose evil over right but God is still with us. He has not forsaken us.

Thank you, Lord, for be with me.

People blame God because they believe that God is responsible for the wrongs that we do and that since he is God he should protect us at all times, forgetting that we also should learn to guard ourselves against Satan and his evil ways

God does not tempt us, the Devil does but God allows those temptations to happen to see how deep our faith and trust in him is.

Sinful people, I believe , the enemy already has them in his side and there is no way God will tempt them because they already allowed their hearts to fall into the trap of sin

If God did not allow people to sin then there will be no free will - God wants us to be able to choose him out of our own free will.

God allows evil to exist for the purpose of knowing who His true followers are as they will choose him over evil.

People blame God for evil because everything has a source and they think that anything that is out of perceived human control is from God. No, God never tempts us. Neither does He tempt sinful people. He has given us a free will, to choose life or death, life or sin, and He allows us that free will, if He didn

Oh boy, here goes: God created the earth beautiful beyond imagination. The angels shouted for joy at the original creation, as was stated in Job 38:4-7, the earliest book of the Bible to be written. This matches with Genesis 1:1. But this world was destroyed when satan drew 1/3 of the angels into rebellion and attempted to storm God's throne in heaven (Rev. 12). Jesus saw Satan [and by extrapolation, those 1/3 of the angels, demons] cast down to earth like lightning (Lu. 10:18). This was about 65 million years ago, and resulted in the great die-off of the dinosaurs (and all live). Gen. 1:2 shows God (Elohim) recreating live on earth, and man with that life. As the early Genesis account shows, Satan [and again by extrapolation, the 1/3 of the angels, now demons] is still on earth. God isn't stupid, he left Satan and his deomons on earth for a purpose--or should I say, he placed man on earth in close proximity with Satan and his demons, for a great purpose which most of Christianity has missed the point on. The ultimate lesson of sin, Satan's way of life, doesn't pay. And God, the ulitimate and best teacher of all, is using Satan and his demons, to teach mankind as a whole by aversion therapy, that sin is ultimately evil and will lead to ultimate destruction. Yes, the buck does stop on God's desk, and his is responsible for this evil in the world. There is a Scripture that says, "I created evil and good", quoting God. i.e. God takes responsibility for it all. I used to blame God in my early walk with him for trials, because I realized this ultimate truth, that the buck really does stop on his desk. Then I saw the purpose for it all. It's to teach us all where sin--all sin--really leads to--death, the second death. Hope I haven't gotten too deep or theological for people here. But few tend to plumb the depths of this subject properly. What about the "unsaved dead", most of the uncoverted world that's lived and died up to now, and the 2nd coming--theologians have their pat answers--but how they're judged doesn't occur until 1,000 years after the 2nd coming of Jesus, so lets leave the answer to that question in God's hands, instead of answering it prematurely or without sufficient knowledge. Pete :huh:

When God created the World he said it was good Now how can we the created want to blame the Creator? A lot of questions and maybe blame was placed on God over the past month because of the Tsumani. But God will work His purposes out. In everything we must thank him

Is is an Adamic nature to blame someone for your own mistakes and we often see people blaming someone for their mistakes like our father Adam did. But the habit of blaming God could also incept from the fact that people think He created and allowed the evil to cause whatever it causes.

But the bible says God doesn't tempt us with evil. It is rather our own evil desire, "the flesh" that leads to evil temptation. God does not tempt our sinful nature with evil. He does not allow us to sin either. The truth is He gave us the will to do whatever we desire to do. And thus it follows that we also reap the fruits of our own seed that we saw.

God is a merciful and just God and allows everything to exist not because everyone is rightous or sinless but because God is rightous. So the evil also exists to do its part in refining the rightous to look like Jesus until its appointed time comes.

Why does He allow evil to exist? To test us.

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil?

I think people blame God for evil because they know He is powerful to stop it, so they wonder why He doesn't. What they don't understand is that while he certainly is all powerful and can indeed stop the evil in the world, He also gives us each a free will, and in doing so, innocent people often get hurt from those who are evil. God wants us to come to Him, love Him, and obey Him by OUR OWN FREE WILL....not because He forces us to. If He did not give us a free will in which we make the choice to follow or reject Him, what would that say, if He forced us to be good?

God may havecreated this world and people in it to have a bride for Christ. We go thru the trials and learn to love and trust God, to become the child He conceived of His own desire to complete HIS plan. We are loved so tenderly, and He patiently allows us to grow and learn to choose. If we didn