JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Life in the Word

Through the reading of the Word the Holy Spirit convicted us of our sin and sin nature and caused a hunger in our heart for The Living God to come into our lives and cleanse us of our sin and save our wicked soul.

Thus, whenever we allow the Holy Spirit of God to come into our lives, we become "born again."

In John 1:1 we read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Paul writing to the Romans in chapter one and verse sixteen goes like this: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

It is the Power of the Word that convicts us and works a miricle in our heart. We become new creatures in Christ Jesus.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

From the word of truth, we have a foundation for the regeneration of our minds, heart and body by the Holy Spirit. In this regeneration our faith builds, and this growth is a continual process until we go to join Him or until He returns.

John 1:13 states: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

This birth is spiritual and has noting to do with our former carnal birth. It is the beginning of a new life in which the soul is being made conscious of the vital capacities, perceptions, and emotions of a child of God, before unknown. Herein lies our spiritual birth.

I believe we have light for this journey from His word. The word (Jesus) gives all of us an example of what it means to be a disciple. Within the Word we have an account of Christ life, His mission, His obedience to the Father and the completion of all He was asked to do.

Our spiritual life grows from these revelations and we learn what true sonship means. We also learn what we are to do now that we are His children. This new life is Spirit driven and controlled; all we must do is obey. Therein lies the battle.

Jesus is the Word . When we hear the Truth which is the Word and believe we receive spiritual birth by the Word who came to make the receiving of the Word by us have the power to accomplish the will of God through the shedding of His blood. It is through the Word that we have spiritual life.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers6:24-26

In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word

of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

at 1st there was the word; even before anything else. believing anything and everything that GOD tells you. how can you have spiritual life if you don't believe his WORD ? the word is him, believe the word and you believe in him.

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"?

When God speaks His Word, His Word becomes truth. There is no other truth but that which is spoken by God. A spiritual birth becomes a reality for us as individuals, when we accept this truth (God's spoken Word) as our own, bringing life into our spirits.

What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

The spirit is reliant upon the Word, for both growth and survival. The Word is food for our spirits. Simply reading or hearing the Word of God, once a week (Sunday) will not nourish our spirits. We must have the Word before us at all times. A spiritual life is attained when we live our lives by faith, (rather than by our surroundings and circumstances).

"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of GOD. 1 Peter 1:23

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the "word of truth."

GOD uses the word of truth, the gospel of Jesus Christ to show us our sinfulness and our need for salvation. As I look back to those days leading up to my coming to know Jesus Christ as my personal Savior I see that many verses from the word of truth brought me to Him.

We could not know spiritual life apart from the word of truth, GOD's Word.

Good Afternoon...

This was the perfect Bible Study for me to start at this time... last week James 1:1-18... talked about embracing your trials... well... Thank you Lord for the Word... our little financial bump in the road has been a blessing... and now the Word is guiding us to do the right thing and take responsibility joyfully.

Deep in my heart... I always believed... I have always had an inner voice that spoke to me... but when I found the Word it all fell into place... I have comfort, direction, I can lead... all I need can be found in His Word.

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

Truth - a "real " fact.

So how does a message about reality make us new creations? Given the context of v.17 for this message - the emphasis seems to be on the us as God's special creation.

It would certainly seem that we have little to do with it. God choses us. Not vice versa.

Amazing to be given such an honor by Him.

Because we have accepted Christ as our Savior, we have been reborn. Born of the Holy Spirit we are a new creature because the Holy spirit now dwells in us. God's word is perfect and it is stated in His word that old things are past away all things are made new....therefore in a spiritual sense we have been born again not by flesh but by spirit.

Spiritual life has to do with the word because it demonstrates or provides a guildeline for how to live a spirit led life.

1. We are given spiritual birth by the word of truth in the sense that it's the Word that gives life, just as it did in the beginning; we must receive our new life by the ingrafted

Word of the Living God; the Word makes us clean.

2 Spiritual life and the Word compliment one another. We

CANNOT live the spiritual life without the nourishing power

of the Word of God-our necessary daily intake.

When we are born again, we are given spiritual truth by the word of truth. The Word is a blueprint for our lives. I remember when I first started reading God's word. I always had a Bible in my house, but it was only when I entered AA and was taught that I should turn my life and my will over to God that I actually took it out and read it. I figured that if I was going to turn my life and will over to God, I wanted to know who He was. That was 26 years ago and I've been reading the Bible ever since. At that time, I read the Bible for comfort.

I was not born again, however until after the Oklahoma City Bombing. That had an impact on me like nothing else in my life since. I remember picking up my Bible and for some reason, I turned to Isaiah and read and read and read. It was shortly after that night, that I asked Jesus to come into my life and accepted Him as my Savior. I think I realized even then that the answers were to be found in His Word.

I've always been the kind of person that needed someone to show me the way. I found what I was looking for. Not only did I have a Savior and Redeemer, but I also had a blueprint for life--something that said to "do this--ok-now do this". In my spiritual life, there is no confusion as to what is to be done and what is not to be done. There are, however, times when my will gets in the way. His word is clear. There's no mistake about the direction I should go in. But I must pray daily, that my will--and it can be strong at times--is put aside and the word of Truth will prevail. It's absolutely amazing to me how if I have strayed from His word and then when I pick it up again--usually because of extreme pain in my life as a result of walking away from God--I receive INSTANT peace and comfort. I read here in this forum and I have friends who seem to have found a place of continual daily communion with God. I pray that through His word and by doing what it says, I will achieve that place in my life, too.

God chose us to give spiritual birth to. Without His begetting us we would not be born again. Then and only then can we choose (free will) to follow Christ through the word of truth. But by the gift of God, by His grace, not by any of our works are we saved. So no one can brag or boast that he did it. That we should be as first fruits, holy , pure and dedicated to our creator. Without the Word we have no communication with God to test His authority.

We are given spiritual birth through faith, and believing in the Word.

We are transformed by the Word, to a Christlike character in which Glorifies God

it is our responsibility to read and hear the written revelation of God, the Word, so

we can be built up and changed, as we study we learn more and more about God, and

what God expects of us, His likes and dislikes the Word reveals the will of God, and changes the way we think.

I am struggling with this question. I have had no 'earth shaking' experience to say that I have been saved. I believe that we must have a spiritual life to believe in the teaching of the Bible. I believe that when I was born I was free of sin. I believe in the Bible and the Trinity. I know I cannot go through my walk of live without the leading and assistance of these entities. My 'spiritual birth' grows as I more readily understand and try to apply the teaching of Jesus.

Don't know if I am on the right track or not, but I am trying. <_<

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word

of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

think the word can answer this better than my own words

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1Pe 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,*

Everything starts with the word. :D

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

Because we are given spiritual birth when we receive Jesus as Lord and saviour.....when we place our faith and trust in Him. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God". We do this from what we have learned in His word.

In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictonary states:

life: the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

birth: an act or instance of being born; the act or process of bearing or briging forth offspring; lineage or descent; any coming into existence; origin; beginning

It seems to me that the word of truth brings us out of the physical realm in which we were born, and into the spiritual. Which seems to me is not just internal (our thoughts, feelings, etc.) but external and invisible (Eph. 6:12).

Before we are brought there (birth into the spiritual) we are blind and have no real knowledge of things unseen, just an instinct I suppose that something is there. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. (Heb. 11:1) Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the word of truth?

Because we are choosen , a choosen generation, bought by a price, the blood of Jesus.

What does spiritual life have to do with the word?

The word was, the word is, and the word will always be, and the word is Jesus.

Richard S.

In Hebrews it states that the word is living and is a discerner of all things.

When we begin to see Christ within ourselves ..... this is spiritual life. It changes every decision you make it changes you and births within you a hunger for more of the life. It is life and is ever growing. Proof.... ha ha this is the only book to be around for centuries and is still the Best Seller. It lives within us. You know it is life because you feel it

It is the word of God spoken to us and received in faith on our part which gives us a new birth for according to Romans 10:17, Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. In fact Christ who died so that we may live for ever is the "word of truth". And our spiritual life thereafter highly depends on our ability to feed on and grow from the word of God.

It is the Word, Jesus, us that makes us anew. The Word/Holy Spirit convicts, brings us to a place of repentance and recognition of our utter emptiness and need for Jesus. The Word, Jesus is our Life. Our spiritual life begins and continues in the Word. Without the Word, there is no spiritual life.