JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Life in the Word

WE HAVE TO BUILD UP OUR SPIRIT MAN SO THAT IT WILL BECOME STRONGER THAN THE PHYSICAL MAN. THE MORE WE FEED IT THE STRONGER OUR DESIRE FOR THE WORD WILL BECOME. WE DECIDE WHICH WILL BE STRONGER BY WHICH WE FEED MORE. HOW CAN WE FIND OUT THE TRUTH WITHOUT SPENDING TIME WITH OUR DADDY.

AT THE TIME OF OUR BIRTH BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL OUR WE ARE DEPENDENT UPON THE PARENT TO FEED AND HELP US GROW BUT AFTER A SET TIME IN MOST CASES WE LEARN TO TAKE MORE RESPONSIBILY FOR OURSELVES. THE FOOD IS THERE BUT WE HAVE TO LEARN TO FEED OURSELVES AND WHAT WE EAT DETREMINES WHAT GROWS STRONG.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?
If we staay in the word and assk God's to reveal himseelf through the word < He will, As we obey the wordwe draw close to Him. The Word became flesh and in His humanity a nd His divine nature He receals himself to us in many ways. Often w hen reading the word w e come across a portion of scripture that looms up and it is almost like never seeing it before. A time of new revelation. The word becomes alive to us and we become aware of God speaking to us.

• 1 month later...

1.)God chose to give us a "spiritual birth" (salvation) through the Word of Truth. God WILLS for us TO have salvation. We are saved by grace through faith (in God's Word). After we are saved, we have the Holy Spirit living in our hearts. God gives us free will to follow after Him.

2.) There would be no spiritual life without God's word. THE WORD IS GOD. God's word is our avenue through the Holy Spirit to communicate with Him in spirit. Communicating with God through the spirit helps us grow spiritually.

• 2 months later...

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"?

We are given spiritual birth by the "Word of truth" in the sense that we are saved by grace through faith and faith comes from hearing the message of God and the message of God comes by the Word of God, also called the "Word of truth."

What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

Our spiritual life is built up and nourished by the Word as our faith increases. The Apostle Paul tells how this faith comes:

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17 (KJV)

• 1 month later...

Jesus is the Word of Truth. In Him is salvation. Asking Jesus into our lives activates our spirit enabling us to have a relationship with God. His spirit identifies with our spirit and this is how we know that we are the children of God. Jesus was the Living Word of God and lived out God's precepts for all to see and learn from. His words were recorded for our benefit today. Our faith grows through hearing and living out the Living Word of God. Out spiritual development depends upon our knowledge of Him through His Word and prayer and subsequent obedience to Him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

We are given spiritual birth by the word of truth by believing it and living it. It is only by hearing the gospel and believing it that we can be spiritually re-born.

Spiritual life has everything to do with God's Word. Without it we would have no idea how to live, or what God is like. Our idea of God would become distorted and we would end up worshipping a god of our own making. The Word challenges us to grow and shows up the aspects of our thinking and behaviour which are not godly. However, it does not just show us what we are doing wrong, it tells us how to change and open up to the work of the Holy Spirit. Thank God for His WORD!!

• 1 month later...

We are born again by asking Jesus into our hearts. We then get to know Jesus through the Word of God. By learning who Jesus is, we develop trust and faith in Him. This is our spiritual birth and childhood.

I firmly believe that spiritual life is connected to the word in many ways. First, we develop, grow, and keep our faith through constant reading of the Bible. Second, the Word is one way God speaks to us. He uses scripture to enlighten and teach us. Third, I believe that our being born again, and being a spiritual creature enables us to better understanding of the spiritual references in the Word.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (1:18) In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"?

According to the Bible we have to be reborn or we have to take a spiritual birth.. And God wants us to do this in our own volition and not by anything else. And the means for this as per the Bible is faith which is incurred by the word of God which indeed was life giving from the time of creation. We read in the Bible that, "Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17)

What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

I would say that any body would need nourishment to keep it alive. So in order to keep the spiritual life healthy and going you need to live in and by the Word which God has given us..You will have to let the Word teach you and strenthen your faith each day and help you through all the trials and temptation so that you can be of use to God and others.

• 1 month later...

1) We who believe the truth were given spiritual birth when we heard the truth which is the gospel of our salvation. Having believed, we were also marked in Christ with a seal - the promised Holy Spirit - Who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance. This happened for me when I heard the story of the adulterous woman about whom Jesus said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Jesus told the woman that He didn't condemn her (her sins were forgiven by Him) AND "go and sin no more." He told her to go and sin no more while she was still on earth! At the time I heard this, I was an alcoholic, drug addict, and adulteror (as well as a liar and hater). I also knew that Christ's standard for sin was such that a man was guilty of sin merely for desiring a woman who belonged to another, even if he didn't have her. I knew that even if I didn't drink, I wanted to drink and that made me just as sinful as if I had drank. So, I reasoned from this gospel story that Jesus was able to change this woman at a fundamental level such that she would proceed with the rest of her life not only without the outward appearance of sin, but also without an inward desire for sin - and I reasoned that He could and would do the same for me! Two hours later I presented myself upon the altar of the church I still belong to and was slain by the Spirit of Christ - I died with Jesus and was buried with Him and God circumcised my sinful nature, gave me His Spirit and He resurrected me to live a new life without sin. Through His Spirit (the Holy Spirit of Christ), I have present access to His kingdom and the powers of the age to come - to the praise of His glorious grace! All this happened because I heard the word of truth (the gospel) and believed.

2) Now that I have been given life in Christ, the Word instructs and reminds me who I am and what He would have me do. The word is available to me as a mirror; if I go out into the world for too long and hear its contrary message for too long, I am able to look into his word and see who I realy am and what I am here to do. If my hat (crown) is a little off center, I adjust it and if my clothes are wrinkled, I press them. I then go back into the world reminded that I am a son of the Almighty King and an ambassador of Christ with a mission to do good works prepared by Him in advance for me and I behave accordingly even though the world tells me otherwise.

• 1 month later...

I think that we are given our "spiritual birth" when we accept christ and are baptized, re-birth if you will. As we live out our time on earth, God will deal with us individually through various trials and life problems. As I have gone through some of these, my thirst for knowledge and the word has grown as i sought the biblical answers. I also feel that unless we are born again and have experienced that spiritual birth, the Holy Spirit will not give us a clear understanding of the word.

• 3 months later...

We are given a Spiritual birth through accepting Christ and being baptized, leaving our old life and starting a new spiritual life with Christ. When we hear the gospal or "word of truth" then we can accept the Lord into our life and be reborn in spirit.

Jesus states in John 3:7 "you must be born again".

Flesh gives birth to flesh and spirit gives birth to spirit all we're born physically of the flesh but according to Jesus not all have been born spiritualy, this is a requirement to even see or percieve the kingdom of God

Without the word of truth there would be nothing, nothing to base our lifes by.

• 1 month later...

I BELIEVE WHEN I FIRST HEARD THE WORD OF TRUTH MANY YEARS AGO, FAITH CAME ALIVE IN MY HEART AND THAT'S WHEN I ACCEPTED JESUS AS LORD OF MY LIFE. PRIOR TO THAT, I WAS SPIRITUALLY DEAD.ONCE CHRIST BECAME LORD OF MY LIFE, MY HUMAN SPIRIT WAS NOW RECREATED OR BORN AGAIN AS THE HOLY SPIRIT CAME TO DWELL IN ME.NOW I AM LED BY HIM AND NOT MY OWN CARNAL DESIRES AS I DAILY SURRENDER TO HIM.

JESUS SAID THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK TO YOU, THEY ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE.SO THE WORD IS SPIRIT AND THE WORD IS LIFE.SO SPIRITUAL LIFE AND THE WORD IS ONE; THEY CANT BE SEPARATED.SPIRITUAL LIFE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE WORD.

• 1 month later...

The Bible Say's in James 1:18 that "Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth." The Word of truth is what not only saves us but it washes us clean of all sin. The Bible state that Jesus is the Word of truth. Spiritual life has allot to do with the Word. How can one say he is spiritual if the Word is not in him. We as Christians are to be lead by God's Word everyday.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Word of Truth is what God is saying to us. It is our lifeline to pleasing and living for Him. Studying His Word shows us where we all fall so short of what He wants for us. It is what builds our faith so we can willingly accept Him as our Lord.

It was God that ordered all of this. Our part is to accept and believe and let Him change us to be more like Him.

The Word is spiritual life. It is our lifeline to eternal life. The entire Bible is the Word of Truth. We must study the Word and God will reveal many things to us that we can cling to forever.

• 1 month later...

The word of truth is used five times in the English Bible, three times it is appended with the term "gospel" - good news - the word of God. In order to gain spiritual life, like Nicodemus, we must be born again. We gain faith through hearing the Word of God, and it is through faith by grace we are saved and become God's workmanship. Then this leads to a spiritual life as we are created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us! The purpose of this spiritual birth: "to be a kind of first fruits of all he has created" (1:18). This first fruit is a sacrifice to God and not possible without the word of truth.

• 2 weeks later...

The scriptures tell us that we were chosen so when we open ourselves to Christ the word of truth is given to us and spiritual birth sprouts up in us. In Ephesians 1 vs13 it says, "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth,the gospel of your salvation,in whom also, having beleived, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise." I believe that the "word" is Christ. Christ is the truth so living a spiritual life you have accepted the word of truth because He is living in you. Spiritual life has eveything to do with the "Word". John 1 vs 1 says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Lets give our thanks to Him Amen. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

For me the word of truth comes to my heart in a strong way by christian songs, esp[ecially modern ones. This heart connection helps me desire to seek God and ask Him to teach me a deeper form of Loving like Jesus. It gives me a desire to obey, and a passion in reading and sharing the word. Praise God for such a blessing!!!

• 4 months later...

I feel that when I was born again - it was like an activation of the seed already planted in me - God gave me a hunger to seek Him to find out about Him through the Word, His people and religion. As I asked to know more not only did I need to read the Word but the Holy Spirit helped me to discern the truth. This meant that I had to identify the lies in my life. Then I needed to unravel what I had done to align myself with the Lord.

:o In the beginning was the word....to me the word of truth represents Jesus. It is through our faith in Jesus that we are reborn into the spiritual world. The beginning of our spiritual life commences with the belief or first breath in this realm. From that moment on everything is revealed - not understood but the faith is released and begins to grow. Blessings J

God's Word is living. It brings life. In verse 15 it says that "desires give way to sinful actions, and when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death". The Word of truth is direct contrast to this and gives life. Spiritual life is that a spiritual life, and the word is for the equipping of that life. Its about listening to God's word and also doing it.

In what sense are we given spiritual birth by the "word of truth"? What does spiritual life have to do with the Word?

The word is likened to a seed (Mark 4 parable of the sower)that gives life, and Peter picking up on this tells us that we have been born again by the incorruptable see which he says is- the word of God...he goes on to say that this word was preached to you (1 Pet 1:23-2:1)

Faith comes by hearing the word of God...our new life of faith ( Gal 2:20)is born through the miracle of God's word and Spirit at work in our lives...we were dead in sins (Eph 2:1-3) but God through His gracious intervention (previent grace) created a living faith in us so we could take hold of His grace...by which we are saved (Eph 2:8-10)

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith

The Lord chose to give us new life as our old spirit has been corrupted by our fleshly desires and earthly thinking,being reborn in the spirit is the relinquishing of your old spirit and allowing Gods spirit to reside in us to enable us to become more christ like.The word is our instruction manual,the nourishment that our new spirit feeds on,to enable us to grow and strengthen our faith in the Lord.

• 1 month later...

The word of truth brings about spiritual birth in that the Word is living and active and able to accomplish much in one's walk. Our Spirits become alive as the truth becomes Rhema word in our lives. This birthing of the truth through the word is able to impregnate us with the tools to successfully live the Christian life. As we yield ourselves to the word we can see wellsprings of life come about in our spirit enabling us to be led supernatually and enabling us to bring forth much fruit.

The Lord breathed Him Spirit in the word when he inspired men of old to write accounts for us today. Our human capacity is limited but with the word of God actively working in us we can live this life with abilities He infuses in us after our born again experience. The word if we meditate on it, can change mindsets which can propel us to great accomplishments for His kingdom.