JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership?

Well, we are all in the family of God and in families when one person helps another the family grows stronger. I think that is true in God's family too, also our Father is pleased and blesses us in different ways: growing knowledge of Him and His ways, financial help when we're in need, help when we are just down, ...

What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

There is always prayers and also sometimes we can give things; car, toaster, dresser, ... All of these things would be other ways that we could help our family.

God Day to you! I believe the root message of our Christian Faith is that JESUS CARES and that when we help meet the needs of others in whatever way they need them met - then we are Christlike in that we CARE. Folks need that encouragement to keep focused and not be led away by the evil one who sidetracks us all when we step out to serve God. The Book of James tells us that faith without works is dead - we need to show what we believe by what we do to BE Christ to others. Sometimes that is through the gift of money - but it surely is not limited by that alone. In my life, the greatest gift I have ever received is a good, Godly listener who just cares to spend the time sitting with me while I work through a lesson with God. Where two or more are gathered - There He is found! I believe that all we have belongs to God and we are just stewards of it, therefore, we must ask Him what to do with it. To just hand it out to all who ask seldom meets the true need and just depletes our resources. I think we need to be close enough to hear His guidance on how/ when/ and to whom to give help.

Of course, giving monetary donation creates an interest in the inner workings of an organization. And a person naturally gets a sense of accomplishment when good things happen due to their donations.

However, I personally feel that an even more satisfactying way to 'give' is to give time to teach the children, or participate in youth ministry! The rewards are greater than you can imagine and the really cool thing is that a person learns so much while doing it :rolleyes:

Anyone can give money~ giving of your talents allows a person to see the direct fruits of their labor:)

:rolleyes: Whatever we decide to give to the missionaries, your church supports, if given regularly, then the particular missionary, knows this much comes from this souce and can plan for definite budget. Giving to missionaries comes under " GO AND PREACH OR SEND". Apart from money and material support regular prayer for them especially if one of them is sick or in some health problem. Sending greetings for their birthdays, christmas etc encourages them.

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership?

We receive the blessings that are bestowed upon that missionary or minister or church. We also receive a sense of continuing in the faith. It takes money for anything on this earth to grow.

We can offer our time. Encouragement. Whatever we can do offer another that we might be able to free that person to spread the gospel more effectively.

We certainly can--and should--keep missionaries in our prayers before the Lord God! As a retired missionary, I know how often we depended on those prayers--and felt the strength they gave to us! Missionaries are ordinary people--who sometimes sin and who can be overwhelmed by the difficulties that can be encountered in another culture.

In addition, there are often opportunities to give gifts of clothing, etc. We do need to be aware that the host country often taxes the items sent in with a heavy import tax--sometimes equal to the amount of money it takes to buy the item locally. The best way to send items to an overseas mission is to visit the mission and carry the items in with you. As long as your luggage is not excessive, you can do this freely.

We will inherit all eternal rights that the mission we support will gain. We can also offfer our time to this mission in raising support for them, by praying for them. By helping them in any way possible. I recently took a mission trip to Honduras and it changed my life totally forever I really look at many things now through different eyes. It was the greatest gift from God to allow me to serve Him in that compassity. If you have never been on a mission trip you should really pray about going they are great and so humbling.

When we become financial partners with a Missionary, or any Christian ministry, God has promised that we will be blessed and our needs will be met.

We can offer Prayer support, love and we can give of our time.

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

I am reminded of Matthew 25:23, 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 and especially 2 Corinthians 8:1-5 when I think of the joy we receive when the grace of God gives us the privilege of entering into a financial relationship with an instrument of His work.

Beyond financial support, prayer is most important as well as continuing communication and fellowship.

I believe we recieve a share of the responsibility as well as the blessing-overall, supporting the work of the spreading of the Gospel, and perhaps, in a small way, fulfilling the Great Commission.

Prayer, fasting, encouragement, hospitality are some ways in which we might also offer support to those who are active in the ministry of the Gospel.

We have been financial partners with many missionaries and have been privileged to visit some of them. That is true fellowship and sharing as Paul talks about it in Phil. 1. We receive blessings when we contribute to God's servants. We also offer prayer support and "moral support"--standing firm with them in times of need

We receive blessing and teaching from the Pastor as we attend the church we support and help out in. We receive blessing from God for he promises us that in his word. We learn to be a blessing and to help other. Without a leader you do not know how to follow God and it is with love that a Pastor or leader teaches us and we receive so much from him and from God as we give in accordance to the word of God.

Money is a very small part of what one can give to support a church. We give of our time it takes more than just a Pastor to keep a church alive there are teachers and even right down to janitors. We do all we can and God has others to do their part that is what makes us partners with each others. One alone can't do the work it takes the whole body to get things done.

When we become 'financial partners' to a missionary,ministry,church,etc,we become part of that ministry. We become participates in seeing that the gospel goes forth to those who need to hear it.

Besides financial support,I believe prayer is important.

One missionary family, that I correspond with on a regular basis, told me they valued the prayer support they received even more than financial support.

Writing,sending cards,etc is another type of support we can give missionaries. Alot of them are in remote areas and welcome contact from others. Communicating with them is a great way to let them know you are praying for them.

E-mail is a wonder thing. So far,on a regular basis,I having been corresponding with a missionary couple in China, a couple in Thailand,a family in Norway,a single female missionary in Brazil.

Another type of support we can give is our time.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I do hope I am doing this correctly.

When we give financially help to missionaries we are assisting them to "go into all of the world and share the Gospel." By giving from our hearts we receive blessings from God in different forms. These blessings can come in a windfall or in one things at a time. God will bless us when we give.

Tithes, Time, Talent and Love. Tithes has already been discussed. Time and talent are things that we can give to God that are unique to each of us. We each have time that we can set aside to do God's will, Sunday after church to do the dishes or pick up empty programs from the pew or be at church a few minutes early so you can help great. Giving of your talent can mean anything from painting a new sign for the church to having that extra-special talent for being able to weed-wack. Remember, it can't all be done alone so jump-in head-first.

Money and time do not show the most important things is our walk as Christians. Anybody can throw money or spend time. It is the true Christian that loves God so much that others can see His work in us. That is where our ministry must begin. That is what holds others ministries together. The people of Phillippi loved Paul and Timothy and did what they could for them.

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

We recieve a blessing when we give to our church or to missions. Its a good feeling when you know the money you give goes to reaching out to save those that are lost.

I feel we should reach out to the missionaries. Encourage them by writing to them and praying for them. And helping to provide what they may be needing. :rolleyes:

We receive the joy of serving with them by giving the gifts which the Lord has given us to exercise through His power and grace. The support we are able to give may be many small things like listening to their needs and sending a card or gift to rejoice in a special occasion or need.

Serving as partners in the Ministry can give you great strength. You can serve as helping with the teaching, witnessing, not financially but as an arm bearers to assist the missionaries in carrying the word. You can listened as they shared their experiences with you.

Out of the partnership we recive heavenly rewards. Should not look for monetary, etc. rewards. Other support we can offer besides financial is spiritual support, brother/sisterly love, prayer, and compassion.

• 2 weeks later...