JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Out of the partnership we receive heavenly rewards. Should not look for monetary, etc. rewards. Other support we can offer besides financial is spiritual support, brotherly/sisterly love, prayer and compassion.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most times, we just receive to joy of obedience to God. Sometimes it can get difficult to give. But for some reasons I can't explain, hoarding away material possessions has never made me experience true joy. Only giving has. And this strengthens any relationship. At the end of the day, its not the things, money or work around me. It's the people around me. Whether we're clergys or missionaries, genuine friendship, spiritual accountability and gentle encouragement can't replace the pressing needs of finance more.

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT WE RECEIVE OUT OF THE PARTNERSHIP IS WE SHARE IN THE ETERNAL REWARD OF THAT MINISTRY.BY HELPING WE SHARE IN CHRIST BECAUSE WE ARE OF VALUE IN OUR CONTRIBUTION OF SUPPORT IN THE MINISTRY WHERE WE SERVE.SUCH AS A FOOD PANTRY,CLOTHING PANTRY,PRAYER INNERSESSION OR WHAT EVER GIFT WE FLOW IN.WE PLANT THE SEED.WE ALL LINK TOGETHER.WE COULD BE THE FIRST LINK ,MIDDLE LINK OR BRING IN THE HARVEST AND BE THE LAST OF THE CONNECTING LINK,BUT WE ALL SERVE GOD AND DO OUR PART. :D GOD USES US FOR WHAT HE HAS CREATED US FOR HIMSELF.

• 2 weeks later...
Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

It depends on why somebody would "partner" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church. What you get depends on your understanding of scripture (ultimately that is). You may have to do this in order to receive acceptance into the congregation you're looking at Somebody might have told you that you have to, that it is a godly thing to do. Well check the Word. What is that thing you are giving your funds and time to, teaching? Are you trying to live under the letter of the Old Testament? Where did you draw the line on what you will sacrafice. May I be so bold as to say that Our Instructions for this "Grace" time period that we are living in, are found in Roman's through Philemon. The Epistles of Paul. <<<Most Important.

Other kinds of support one may offer Is Telling The Truth about The Finnished Cross Work of Calvery, and quit trying to mix what is for now in with that which was. We are not of the "lost sheep of Isreal". Go Deeper!

So often we feel that if, as individual believers, we are not called to the mission field then missions are not important. We feel that it's someone else's calling, not ours. But Paul was thrilled that the church in Phil. was willing to share with him so he could, in very practical ways carry out his calling.

My missionary friends constantly need money to purchase flight tickets, rent houses abroad, pay their home bills while they're gone, print and distribute literature, purchase discipleship materials, update computers, feed themselves and others... the list goes on and on.

As a saint who is called apart to serve, I can serve by helping them financially which in turn helps them do what God has called them to do.

The blessing from that?

Knowing that they can be enabled to do what they've been commanded to do and not be burdened about financial worries. I don't want to see my dear friends stressed out when they've got such clear direction from God. I want to see them free to do that thing. :rolleyes:

As a supporter of a ministry financially, we have provided support and other items necessary for those that the Lord has called into the minstry. I often think of the song "Thank You for Giving to the Lord" when thinking about this. We will never know on this side of heaven exactly how our support is used to minister to others.

We are able to support not only in dollars and cents, but through events like the Shoe Boxes provided by Samaritan purses. We have helped in blanket drives for overseas as well as items (like toothbrushes, etc.) for the Ukraine. Even as we send a card for missionaries or others who work for the Lord we provided support emotionally. I truly believe the Lord will use any honest effort from cards, money and especially prayer for His glory.

• 2 weeks later...

We receive spiritual blessings from the entity we are supporting. In just about all cases, we are part of the ministry by virtue of our financial support; we're furthering the Kingdom by supporting people and/or programs that are "out there" doing God's work.

Besides financial support, we can also offer prayer support, stay in touch (with missionaries, for example), encourage the people and maybe participate in the program by giving of our time.

• 3 weeks later...

In fact, I don't believe we really "give" anything to our church, ministries, etc. All that we have, all that we are, come only from the grace of a God who loves us. We become partners in our church in every way in which we contribute, be it with our money, our service, our teaching and or even our witness to a world that is lost without the knowledge of this grace and this love. Our ultimate service and support to our church must be to live and act as the Christians we profess to be and serve as a "light" that makes others (the unchurched) want to know more about the God we love in return.

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership?

We recieve the satisfaction of knowing we did our part for today in the work of the kingdom here on earth.

What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

1 Corinthians 13 (niv)

Love

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

• 1 month later...

I BELIEVE WHEN WE GIVE TO MISSIONS AND MINISTRIES WE ARE EXTENDING THE LOVE OF CHRIST TO OTHERS THROUGH OUR GIVING AND THE LORD BLESSES US IN RETURN..LUKE 6:38.WE'RE ALSO HELPING TO FURTHER THE KINGDOM OF GOD BY SEEING SOULS SAVED AS OUR GIVING ENABLES MINISTERS TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL WORLDWIDE.

WE CAN ALSO GIVE ENCOURAGEMENT TO THOSE WHO NEED IT, GIVE OF OUR TIME, WRITE LETTERS TO OTHERS SHOWING THEM THAT WE CARE , AND JUST BEING KIND AND COMPASSIONATE ...GOD BLESS...

Having grown up as a missionary kid in the Amazon jungle of Venezuela, I know well how much a church can bless a missionary family by their giving. When churches gave money, we were blessed because our needs for food and clothing were met. The church would feel blessed hearing our grattitude and knowing that they had helped further the gospel in the indian tribes by supplying our needs through Christ. Sometimes, the churches would send small groups of people down to help our. Sometimes they would build small church buildings, sometimes they would build small dispensaries (it is hard to witness to tribal people unless you can provide the medications to bring them through their illnesses.) Regardless of what was given, we always wrote home and told them about the progress of the ministry, people who had been saved, now saved indians who were going out and ministering to other tribes, etc. The churches knew then that they had been a part of this great work, and that without their help, it could not have been done nearly as quickly.

Most foreign missionaries cannot work for themselves. Their lives are fully dedicated to furthering the gospel and they rely on others to supply their needs. That is a hard spot to be in, but they do it anyway because they know that God will be with them every step of the way.

• 2 months later...

By participating we are allowed to be involved as if we were in the front lines of a ministry or missionary effort. Too often we give not thinking of the souls that are saved and the lives that are changed for Christ. We may be jaded by persuasions and give out of a sense of routine obligation. We may find it difficult to percieve of a different country, culture or government and the individual lives - but we need to. Participating financially is a step in that direction and our hearts need to follow. We need to remember the presentations by missionaries in the subsequent course of our days - a good morning pray time thought. To know we are praying for and supporting something outside of our routine and world influenced lives. When we carry thoughts of them we are partners with them and participating with them - God knows our thoughts!

• 6 months later...

We receive God's blessing on our life, not in a monetary sense, but in the sense that God rewards those who do His will. To know you're doing what God wants you to do definitely brings peace that "passes all understanding". As Paul starts his letter with "Grace and Peace", grace and peace are exactly what we receive when we become financial partners or spiritual partners with anyone doing God's work.

I'm going to Romania next month to work for a week at an orphanage and medical clinic. We support this work all year but there's something wonderful about giving your time and talents personally. Sometimes money is too easy to give, and writing a check to "fulfill an abligation", even if done with a joyful heart, doesn't give the same sense of partnering that getting personally involved does. This can be done at a local church, soup kitchen or school as well as it can be done in Romania; it can even be done at work! We're all ministers in some sense.

• 2 weeks later...

As Christian Missionaries we are on the receiving end of those who partner with us to support the work. I know that those who make this type of committment are partakers in spreading the Good News and the many people who are won to Christ are attributed to their works. As a home mission in the inner city, our partners are able to visit and see for themselves, just as Nathaniel did when he proved Jesus. This bestows upon them an additional blessing, the joy of seeing Jesus at work for themselves.

Oftentimes those who visit us leave prayer requests to the which we have had made tremendous testimonies of answered prayer. On the other hand, many have prayed for us, that we may be stedfast in the work, empowered by the Holy Spirit and have the peace of Christ reign within us, along with many private petitions. More than anything, this keeps us going.

See for yourself. Visit www.peoplethatlove.com

• 1 month later...

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian minsitry, we partake in the eternal reward. The gold is His, the silver is His, all is His, we are just giving back a portion of what is already His. In Malachi 3:10 we are told that he will "...pour out a blessing...", in verse 11 our land will be protected, verse 12 we will be called blessed by all nations. To be a financial "partner" gives us a connection with God and we a partakers of His divine nature which is priceless.

We also can and must offer our time and our gifts. The greatest gift we can ever give God is to use the gifts He gave us to glorify Him. Our skills such as carpentry, cooking, and landscaping, to pick a few, are of great service to a church. Opening up your home to a missionary or a traveling evangelist can be of great help. Not everyone has a bunch of money to spare, but we all have some time and other resources to share.

• 3 months later...

We should receive a feeling of completeness in knowing that we are helping to spread the Gospel of Jesus throghout the nations as was commanded by God.

We can offer the support of Prayers, Clothes, Food, Shelter, Medicinal needs, whatever is available or at our disposable. Sometimes a kind word can do a missionary more good than any amount of money we have to give.

We must remember that not everyone believes there is a God and Missionaries come into more discouragement by words than by deeds.

As long as we remember that we are to love our neighbours as ourselves we should have no problem with giving support of any kind.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As financial partners, we receive God's blessing through our obedience. All we have is not ours. It belongs to God. We are stewards and as such have an obligation to handle our responsibilities well. Part of this is "partnering" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry or church by the giving of our money.

Other types of support are emotional - encouragement, prayer, time spent together; physical - help with church activities and projects and programs and intellectual/spiritual - prayer, Bible study, proactive with current events issues. As laypersons, it is our responsibility to share in the obligation of inviting others to know our Saviour. It is not just the pastor/missionary's job to be witnesses. They are only one person. As partners, we are able to do more than as individuals.

• 2 weeks later...

when we become partners with a missionary, minister,ministry or church we know that gifts are a blessing not only to those in need but to our lord whom we serve and we are pleasing him and he is crediting to our account what you have done unto the least of these you have also done unto me