JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

Supporting our church, ministers and missions is an expression of our love for the Lord. It helps us to live in Gods grace. How foolish would we be to think that we could have a strong loving relationship with the Lord without giving something back? Our support should not be just financial, we should also donate our time and skills to spread Gods word and to glorify his name. We should help and support each other in our churches. A strong feeling of community in our congregation is one of the things that keeps us strong and better able to do Gods work.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

We are given the opportunity to share in the fruit that comes from the gospel message that our financial involvment attempts to further. Although most of us view evangelism as being a message that we communicate to another person or persons, it is also important to remember that a major part of evangelism is our support of this action even when we are not present i.e. our financial giving to missions and the like.

Beyond financial giving, we can also participate by our support of these ministries via prayer, the volunteering of our time, and the possibility of us becoming involved by engaging in full-time ministry ourselves. Although I am not always diligent in remembering these vital areas in my prayer life, I am convinced that our prayers prove to be one of the most powerful factors of an effective ministry.

• 2 weeks later...

by being financial partners, paul says we receive not only spiritual blessings but material blessings as well.Beyond financial support,we can also offer our love which i believe is in offering our prayers or support in sending other brothers to them to perform or share in their given tasks.

the joy of knowing that we are a part of fruthering God's work even when we are not there in person.

we can write letters of encouragement and let them know that we are praying for them. Also sometimes small gifts from home sent the them mean a lot also.

• 4 weeks later...

Q2. (1:6)

"When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership? "

Financial partnership makes me think of a business partnership. The more one is financially committed one is to such a partnership, the more 'sweat equity' one puts in; it is the difference between being an owner versus an employee. Owners do more for their company because they have a greater stake, a greater vested interest than the 'hired guns'.

The financial relationship with a Christian organization can be dangerously superficial as one can be deluded into just showing up on Sunday and contributing to the offertory and thinking

• 4 weeks later...

We receive the eternal reward of that ministry in which we supported, because we were in agreement acknowledging that the Lord is able to provide. Other types of support would be giving our time, using our gifts to reach out to others, praying, being encouragers, etc...

• 5 weeks later...

we share as though we were the ones doing the actual work. we could also offer our time and talents along with our prayers and tithes.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership?

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, we participate in their ministry, as they spread the gospel message. And because of that participation, we also would share in the eternal reward of that ministry.

What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

Other support we might offer besides financial could be our prayers for the success of the ministry, our assistance with receiving and sending of mails, taking/making telephone calls, providing housing and transportation. And the list goes on.

• 4 weeks later...

Partnering with missionaries both financially, prayerfully, and administratively is a blessing in knowing that we are directly aiding in spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ and in receiving God blessings upon us for participating in the ministry.

• 4 months later...

We receive the joy of knowing we're investing in The Kingdom;We're supporting each other in building it. Also, we receive resources back that can help grow us spiritually. We can offer our time- monetary support is necessary-but it would mean nothing without actual people serving in the ministry. That would include stuffing envelopes, mailing envelopes, getting the word out about the ministry-anything to keep it flowing. We can also be intercessors- standing in the gap-praying for the lost to be saved- the growth of the ministry-praying for the leaders of the ministry.

• 1 month later...

There are many ways of sharing in ministry. For example, someone could look after kids while the parents (who might not be able to afford sitters) take out some time for R&R. Or invite them on a vacation with your family. Or send them on a retreat. All ways to help share the burden of ministry without actually doing what God may not have called you to do ... i.e. get your hands dirty. Face it ... we are each given talents and work to do, and for some of us, that involves making a lot of money ... or at least, more than we need. We can share in the ministry of others by taking some of the sting out of always living on the edge. I know of one family that opens their bed and breakfast facility in the off-season to people who have committed their lives to full-time ministry. They give them the full treatment - all the service - free of charge.

In my case, I live on a small property - one acre - and it's not much - but people that we know from the city love to come out and enjoy the sights and sounds of the country. In our case, we have the opportunity to share in ministry by providing a break from the fast lane and a chance to enjoy fellowship in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Maybe I'm deluding myself, but from what we have shared with others so far, it seems to be a good idea.

What do we receive? Those in ministry are also the best people to get to know personally because they can speak into our lives in ways that others cannot. They also provide a positive example of what it means to live simply, and to be good stewards of what God has given to us. And they have the deep sense of what it more important which helps us to redouble our efforts to clean up the junk in our lives.

Of course, none of the above takes away from the need to pray for and financially support those in full-time ministry.

• 1 month later...

Anytime we can give to help others in need shows our love and support for those who need our help. If we can't give, we can certainly pray for all those around our world who need Jesus but also those willing to sacrifice their comfort and to obey God's call to serve.

We get the blessing of seeing our prayer's or our financial help in action.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Partnering with a missionary and church allows me to share in that ministry, even though I may not be "hands on" involved. The most important thing I can do is to pray, followed by my giving and emotional, spiritual and mental support. For me the spiritual blessings are of greater value than anything material. I am not surprised when I see God answer pray, but I am awed by it every time. I think the greatest blessing is knowing I helped enlarge God's kingdom and reduced the kingdom of Satan.

• 4 weeks later...

When we contribute to a ministry of any kind we are adding our efforts to the efforts of the ones physically present and performing the tasks involved in the ministry. In addition, our hearts are joined in a common cause with theirs. The outcomes become important to us as well as to the ones physically present there. It becomes an area of mental and emotional focus in our lives and we, ideally, find ouselves working on another plane for this cause. That translates into designating extra income to the chosen ministry, working extra hours or taking on extra paying work in order to add more funds, or working to provide for specific needs of a ministry that have been communicated by the one who is on-site.

• 4 weeks later...

We are participating with them in preaching the gospel we are sharing a two way street with a mutual understanding that is all about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it also show ones personal love for God Son Jesus Christ our Saviorand Redeemer as well so as our fellowship with God The Father as one help in the up building of God kingdom to come.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:rolleyes:

we can support ministries and missionaries in prayer, voluntary work with them, donation of clothes to use in their ministering, collecting food and resources for them.

• 1 month later...

When we become financial partners with a Christian ministry, missionary, ministry,minister or church, what do we receive from the partnership? What other kinds of support might we offer beyond financial?

When we support our parish church by giving a weekly offering then we are also supporting differend ministries and missions.At different times of the year we give to the food banks to help the poor of our own communities. We take part in filling "Shoe Boxes" for children from undeveloped countries. We give to UNICEF, and various health associations. I know this is mostly financial but in giving this way we also offer our prayers for the people we are giving too.

Personally I feel great joy when I do something for somebody in need ,like volunteering at a seniors home, a special needs program for adults or children. All these things are pleasing to the Lord if we do them from the heart and not just to be noticed.

• 2 months later...

Q2. (1:6) When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership?

We share in the eternal rewards of that misinstry in Heaven.

Prayer, sharing, encouragement, fellowship.

• 1 month later...

We are partnering in the work that the recipients of our gifts are doing. We may or may not see the fruits of our labors and theirs, but we can know that we are planting seeds that will bear fruit at some time and we will reap eternal rewards later. In the meantime, we are benefactors in the blessings that come from giving and helping to spread the gospel. We can also offer prayer and intercession, pleading with God to bless and multiply the efforts of the ones who are on the front lines, in a manner of speaking. We can offer thanks for the work being done and for the privilege of prayer on behalf of the workers in the field. We are equally as important as the ones who are doing the hands-on work. They need our prayers AND our funds to keep the work going. We can also find creative ways to contribute. We can write supportive and encouraging letters to those who serve, we can send items that would be helpful to them. We can take their spiritual growth lessons, as they share them with us, and pass these along to others. We are truly partners with them in the work they do and must not take financial contributions or prayer, especially prayer, lightly but realize that to be effective we must have the attitude that we are soldiers in a war, battling with our fellow soldiers in the field.

When we are partners in a ministry, as we bless them, God blesses us! We can't outgive God. He will never let us down financially, spiritually, etc., when we open our hearts to bless others.

When we give "financially," we are giving UP some of our money (actually it's ALL God's money, isn't it?). We can also "pray" for the ministry. That would mean giving up some of our time to pray- perhaps even giving up some of our sleep. We can "fast" for the ministry... perhaps a meal once a week, or fasting from food one whole day each week. Or maybe we choose to fast 3 days in a row from food. Another choice might be to fast from chocolate or TV for a week or month.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (1:6)

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership?

God does supply all the needs of His people; but we are given a specific promise that if we are faithful and devoted in our giving to Christ; we will never lack anything.

We can support Christ

• 2 months later...

We receive the blessing of helping someone else lead others to Christ. We can pray for them and also volunteer in church

• 1 month later...

When we become financial "partners" with a Christian missionary, minister, ministry, or church, what do we receive out of the partnership?

The idea of a partnership is a 2-way relationship with both partners on the same side of the net working for a mutually desired goal. If we provide financial support for a missionary, minister, ministry or church, we are fulfilling our the command of tithing. This has far reaching effects in which we will share.... including spiritual and material blessings.

All forms of support including love, prayer, our time, personnel.