JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Rejoicing in God's Control

The ability to rejoice is so dependent upon our faith that God is in control because we have somebody to lay our burdens on. We can talk to Him and know that He hears us and in that we can rejoice. We must believe that in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems that God does here us and is helping us through the situation. My basis for believing that this true is that I have seen that happen a lot of times in my walk with Christ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must believe God is in control in order to be able to rejoice in trying circumstances. We must believe that God's intentions toward us are only good, and that He is using difficulties to give the best to us like Romans 8:28 says: All things work together for good for those who love God.....Paul saw that what happened to him would turn out for his delivereance (Phil. 1:19b). To have this faith, we must be totally surrendered to God's will for our lives. We must put our own personal plans and ambitions on the altar before Him.

• 6 months later...

God is alive and in charge!!!  Jesus walked on this earth and suffered the woes that we did.  He experienced them on steroids.  He had feelings. He wept. What I am trying to say is when we have faith in the living God that he will always be there with us.  He is in control and if we place our concerns with him he will show us what to do.  We must believe with our whole heart and follow..

No matter what the problems are we know God is in control and we can rejoice.  God promised he would never leave us.  In Isaiah it says if we hold out our right hand and ask for help he would grasp it and lead us.  I believe that and it has always helped me.  Rose, a friend is dying of cancer.  She is a believer.  She has hours to live.  But, she will leave this world in God's time and she fears not.  Her faith is strong.  She will be missed but she leaves behind a legacy of love and faith in her God that touches us all. 

• 8 months later...

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?          

When we trust in God completely then only we can rejoice, knowing that God is in control of every aspect of our life.  The faith in God that His plans are the best for us helps us to rejoice whatever circumstance we are in.

we believe that God is in control, then we can rejoice freely, we can be filled with joy -- even in the midst of our struggles.

(1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?          

1.  Our ability to rejoice in times of struggles shows our trust and faith that we are confident that Christ is in control. 

2.  We must believe that "all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." 

3.  God promised to take care of us and He would never leave nor forsake us. 

Q2 (Phil 1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

​When we believe that God is in control, we have the assurance that "He is working all things together for good for those who are called according to His purpose" and His purpose is always for our growth in Him and for the furtherance of His Kingdom....so it's all good, no matter what the circumstances look like!

What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems?

​I must believe He is Sovereign, loving, just and all wise, knows the future and is always victorious....in Christ we are victorious, even if for a time it appears that Satan is winning.

What is your basis for believing that?

After 43 years of standing on His Word, being loved unconditionally and experiencing His wonderful care, He is true...He never fails...He is Who He says He is, and He will do what He says He will do...every time!

Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

Difficult times are just that- difficult and it would not be too difficult if I could do something about it!! Knowing and believing that God is in control especially when I am not eases out the burden of trying to 'fix' the situation. My knowledge is very limiting- just what I see, what I hear or/and what I feel... Almighty Father knows everything and is all powerful hence having confidence in my FThers live for me who will give me all good things makes me rejoice in Him and expectation of will in my circumstance. Without this confidence I'd be lost and a total mess!!

What must you believe in order to rejoice in the midst of problems?

God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all I can ever ask or imagine; and He is faithful to bring everything to completion in my life.

And whatever the difficulty it is for my own good and for the glory of God b

What is my basis for believing that?

The word of God which has always and always will be true.

Thank You Lord for Your word.

Gods love, He gave His only Son Jesus to reconcile me to Himself...what more can I ask for?

Have a blessed day.

Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

Difficult times are just that- difficult and it would not be too difficult if I could do something about it!! Knowing and believing that God is in control especially when I am not eases out the burden of trying to 'fix' the situation. My knowledge is very limiting- just what I see, what I hear or/and what I feel... Almighty Father knows everything and is all powerful hence having confidence in my FThers live for me who will give me all good things makes me rejoice in Him and expectation of will in my circumstance. Without this confidence I'd be lost and a total mess!!

What must you believe in order to rejoice in the midst of problems?

God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all I can ever ask or imagine; and He is faithful to bring everything to completion in my life.

And whatever the difficulty it is for my own good and for the glory of God b

What is my basis for believing that?

The word of God which has always and always will be true.

Thank You Lord for Your word.

Gods love, He gave His only Son Jesus to reconcile me to Himself...what more can I ask for?

Have a blessed day.

Shalom to the Saints by Faith in Messiah. This is the day Yahweh (God)

has made let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1. Without Faith it is impossible to please Yah. Heb. 11:6

Faith is the substances of things hoped for but the evidence of thing's not yet seen. Heb. 11:1

2.But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Rom. 8:5

Rejoicing in the trial, struggle means we hand over the control to Yah to work out the situation to our best and His Glory.

3. My basis for believing that is this testimony. Our life since 1998 has been to walk by Faith and not by sight. My husband was given a vision to sell all, house, contents, to preach the evangel, tracts, "Put an end to sin." and" The Lost Doctrine of Repentance." Giving out Bibles and promise books. My husband would pray, Yah would lead us to the cities where we would minister two weeks in each city. Stay at truck stops at night to sleep and eat our meals in parks.

We travelled by a fifteen passenger van, and a pick up trailer. Six children and two adults, traveled this way for 17 months and out of those 17, 7 months Yah gave us homes to live in to fellowship with and share the truth with. My husband had an accident in 1986 and we received a government disability check of a $1,000.00 a month which covered our food and gas as we travelled. Then Yah said to my husband I want u to give up your disability and let me provide. Now this was a great test in our walk on the road. Could we really trust Him? We had control knowing we had this certain amount every month but now nothing? He told us to sell our wares what we made door to door. When we did that we sold approximately 50.00 a day, which brought us to $1,550.00 a month. We could see we made 550.00 more by doing it Yah's way but it was still trusting him to do that each month. Then one day He said i want you to take your prices off your wares and let me provide. Now this was a great test for us to totally leave this in His control. My daughter and I started out onto the streets, the first house we went to was a woman that loved our crafts, but said she could not afford it. I told her that we do not have prices that whatever she would like to offer would be a blessing to us. She still said she would love to but could not afford it. Yah said, "Give it to her." I said, But Yah this is the first house, we aren't going to make any money if this keeps happening."

He said, "Give it to her?" So I said, to the lady, We would like to give it to you." The lady replied, "Oh no this us your livelihood I can't do that." Just what the flesh needed to hear, right? I looked upwards to the heavens to see if He would change His mind. But then i heard Him say LOUDER, GIVE IT TO HER." So I quickly put it in her hand with a smile and said, Have a great day." And we walked away. As we proceeded down the street,we had not made any money and I was really wondering how this was going to work out. The last house we went to was a man that answered the door, he really liked the finger reminder that the other lady had got free. He asked how much and we told him whatever he wanted to give it would be a blessing. He blessed us with 20.00. We would have normally made 5.00. So with his twenty, he paid for hers and his, and blessed us with an extra 10.00. Wow that continued on our journey, He blessed us 3x as much in our income. He was faithful, but a trust factor on our behalf. From this time on he was blessing us with more than the 550.00 extra we were receiving. When u stop controlling your life you receive the greater blessing from Yah. Then we started to pray for a Motorhome,every time we saw one on the highway, we thanked Him for it. Then one day in Canada we were going door to door and this couple asked where we were eating for dinner, we said a park, they said will you come here for dinner? We said we would. Their door was opened to us for three months. At the end of our stay they said they had done what we were doing in a class C Motorhome and that the Spirit of Yah told them to give it to us. Answered prayer we were blessed with a Motorhome from Yah. Can u imagine our delight, no more running to a truck stop fir bathroom breaks, cooking in a stove rather than a barbecue, eating in the Motorhome table chairs, then a picnic table in the park, a beautiful gift from Yah. The Household of Faith has many stories to tell regarding walking by Faith and not by sight in yielding our control and giving it to Yah. When we did we saw rainbow after rainbow appear in our lives. HalleluYah.

One thought I would be blessed to leave you with and that is in order to have a joyful attitude in your testing, trials and struggles, do what Moshe (Moses) did in being obedient to Yahweh.

Num.33:1-2 "These are the journeys of the children of Israel, which went forth out of the land of Egypt with their armies under the hand of Moshe and Aaron. And Moshe wrote their goings out according to their journeys by the commandment of Yahweh:and these are their journeys according to their goings out."

This is from Matt. Henry's commentary on this Scripture verse;

V1. How the account was kept: Moshe wrote their goings out.

V2. When they began this tedious march, (Yahweh) ordered him to keep a journal or diary, and to insert in it, all the remarkable occurrences of their way, that it might be a satisfaction to himself in the review and an instruction to others when it should be published. It may be of worthy use to private believers, but especially to those in public stations, to preserve in writing an account of the providences of Yahweh concerning them, the constant series of mercies they have experienced, especially those turns and changes which have made some days of their lives more remarkable. Our memories are deceitful and need this help, that we may remember all the way which Yahweh the Almighty has led us in this wilderness. Deut. 8:2

Just like Yahweh told Moshe to keep a record of his journey, we too as Saints record Yah's marvelous works to publish His wonders, miracles and providences in our lives. To share His mercy, grace and love He performs in our life to encourage other believers to trust, look to, walk by Faith not by sight and believe once we leave our life in Yah's control He will deliver us out of our trials, struggles into His beloved Sons marvelous Light. When we journal Like Yah commanded Moshe to do it gives us hope when the devil comes to steal our joy in trusting Yah because then we can go back at the writings we have written and see Yah was faithful to deliver us. We can still have joy in our trial, struggle because we know from the past He will work all things out for our best and His Glory. Yahweh says, "He Changes Not."

Our FAITH is in His Word, what He did yesterday year's He will do for us today. The test is when the trial comes will you put a smile have joy in your heart and say, "Yah I give it to you so you can perform the miracle in my life for me to see."

KEEP THE FAITH Saints...

Shalom

FAITH

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?

We must put our trust & hope solely in our Lord & Savior b/c He is faithful, trustworthy & unmovable.  These trues are why we can rejoice in the midst of a storm.  I've tried HIM for myself & the Lord has delivered me time & time again in-spite of my short comings.  I once was a foolish young man with strongholds & desires that had a hold on me.  I rejoice b/c He delivered me & He decided to still use me in His Kingdom.  The Lord is so Merciful Saints.  I'm sold out for Christ regardless of what the world does.  

With our eyes on Jesus, the difficulties can actually be a path we're being led down by Jesus Himself and knowing this results in rejoicing!

God is leading us and growing us through our problems.

He does it for His glory and I believe it! 

• To the extent we believe/have faith that God is in control we are able to rejoice freely and my circumstances don’t control my response to them

That God is in control

Because I am confident that I am "in Christ”.

Q2. (1:18b-19) 

What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? 

What is your basis for believing that? 

Our faith in the Father of our Lord Jesus is such that we know that all things are working towards the day of Christ – even though it might not seem like it today. 

The world is in a mess; yet we know that our Heavenly Father is in control. In the thick of life, we must remain focused on Jesus only.

Under most difficult circumstances, Paul did not feel sorry for himself or seek sympathy from others.

In the same way we should be filled with the joy of the Lord. 

We rejoice in the midst of trials because of the promises our Lord has made, that He will never forsake us – “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you (Heb 13:5).” 

In Deuteronomy we read: “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

We also remember the boundless resources which the Holy Spirit supplies to enable believers to stand fast, regardless of what circumstances may be.

We can rejoice knowing that God will handle any situation that we may go through because our faith is in Him alone. We must believe that what God started in us He will definitely complete. This is His promise and God don't break promises. My basis for believing is God word, the Bible, which I believe to be true entirely.

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon 

our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? 

What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst 

of problems? What is your basis for believing that?

1. Rejoicing characterizes his attitude toward life, because he is confident that 

he is "in Christ," that Christ controls his destiny, and that he can rest in trust

towards God.

2. The extent we believe that God is in control, then we can rejoice freely, 

we can be filled with joy -- even in the midst of our struggles.

3.I must have faith and believe that God is in control. I must trust that 

God will take care of me and my struggles.

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon 

our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? 

What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst 

of problems? What is your basis for believing that?

1. Rejoicing characterizes his attitude toward life, because he is confident that 

he is "in Christ," that Christ controls his destiny, and that he can rest in trust

towards God.

2. The extent we believe that God is in control, then we can rejoice freely, 

we can be filled with joy -- even in the midst of our struggles.

3.I must have faith and believe that God is in control. I must trust that 

God will take care of me and my struggles.

Because God is the creator, the owner and the keeper of the universe; this is why when I have faith that God is in control I will rejoice or my ability to rejoice depends.

When I believe God is in control. When we are in Christ, that Christ controls our destiny.

God who created me will not abandon me, so he is in control. God gave his only son for my sins. Jesus Christ who saved me from my sins controls my destiny.

I refuse to buckle under the stresses of my family and I rejoice that I am a child of God. 

The Holy Spirit is constantly at my side and I have learned to listen to Him at all times. That security brings me joy and my friends can feel this joy I have for my Savior. I have been able to witness to some dear souls.

Knowing that God is in control even during dark times gives me peace and security. Jesus said,"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. "

Jesus did not live a sheltered trouble-free life, neither did Paul and the disciples, but they obeyed God and knew His Spirit was with them, so they were joyful.

I think that obedience to God brings the peace and the Presence that will let me rejoice no matter what.

Our ability to rejoice in times of trouble and trails is dependant on the fact that our faith in Christ and his ability to control the out come of such mishaps is for the glory that will be revealed in the end.

In order for our continuous rejoicing in the midst of problems is the fact we have faith God is in control of all aspects of our life whether it is good or bad.

All things work for the glory and plans for God. Our faith in him is steadfast, he will neither leave us or forget us.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

Paul had an amazingly selfless attitude. He knew that some were preaching to build their own reputations, taking advantage of his imprisonment to try to make a name for themselves. Regardless of the motives of these preachers, Paul rejoiced that the Good News was being preached. Some Christians serve for the wrong reasons. Paul wouldn’t condone, nor does God excuse, their motives, but we should be glad if God uses their message, regardless of their motives.

We should trust Christ to work it out for our deliverance, speak courageously for Christ and not be timid or ashamed. Only having faith in Christ will sustain us in adversity.

BECAUSE, WHEN WE KNOW THE ANSWER, THE QUESTIONS DON'T MATTER. GOD IS THE ANSWER, NOT AN ANSWER

What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems?  I MUST & I DO BELIEVE THAT ROMANS 8:28 IS REAL

What is your basis for believing that? I AM SINGLE MINDED ABOUT THE GOSPEL & I HAVE A LIFE-TIME OF  EXPERIENCE

It is evident from God's working with His people throughout history that He wants only the best for His people. He is patient and kind and loving--desiriing throughout the Old Testament to bring His people close to Him and to protect them. It is only when they rebelliously step out from under His direction that He allows them to be taken captive and suffer at the hands of others. If we can only consistently trust that God's plan is truly the best plan for our lives--that it is the only way to experience the deep joy that life with Him gives--that we can face whatever problems arise with confidence and peace. 

I believe that the main thing we need to believe (and it's not easy) is that God loves us and desires for us to come to him with our whole hearts. When, as human beings tied to a fleshly body, we cannot experience him through our physical senses, it is difficult to feel that great love for and, therefore, to be confident that that love is there. We begin to feel lonely and unworthy, and we behave in ways that tend to elicit negative responses from others in our lives. When we can trust in the love of God, we can behave in ways that draw others to us, and the confirmation of His love through our interaction with others becomes much easier. I have seen this happen many times in my life as well as in the lives of people I encounter in the volunteer work that I do. John 3:16 should be on our hearts from the beginning of each day until we lie down to sleep at night. It will make a difference.

A friend of mine explains the acronym JOY to me once.  He said J stands for Jesus, O stands for Others, and Y stands for You.  Then he explains, when we place Jesus as first person in our life, and He be our Savior and Lord, and then we place Others in-front of our needs; and then placing us last in the line of things.  This means, he said, that we place Jesus first, others next, and me last and that is motto of live he has been living and he is really happy everyday.  Jesus comes first in our lives would make a difference even in difficult situation.  If we don't place Jesus as first thing in our lives, we don't have control of our lives and would never do.  If we don't place our faith in Jesus Christ, we will never be whole-heartedly happy.

The basis of my believe is based on my 100% faith in Jesus Christ.  Eventhough I faces hardship, but just believing in God really makes the difference.