JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Rejoicing in God's Control

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

In q1 I mentioned that I had an inspection coming up and boy is this becoming a battle. Tuesday I spent most of the day trying to make my printer behave so could not make a start on the paperwork required. I see my boss on Wednesday lunchtime and what paperwork I thought was filed away could not be found. At the end of Wednesday I am told that I did very badly in the last inspection in November. Believe it or not no-one had told me before. I then end up staying up half the night writing up the necessary documentation. Next day (Thursday) as I was sorting out stuff for the inspection someone else told me that they had had a bad report but then as she was given the feedback immediately she had been able to put enough material together to defend herself. Apparently he was a particularly harsh inspector. Later in the day I find myself talking to a colleague saying that I don't know where I am and just have to trust God to find me the work I need. Today (Friday) it has got worse as I have been tormented with thoughts that I have to do really well in this inspection before I am offered a contract for next year. This has left me feeling down and definitely struggling to rejoice.

I am trying to lean on God to help me prepare for this week

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Since, I know that HE who cares for me, promised that I will not be tempted beyond my tolerance limits. He loves and cares for me. This realisation alone enables me to rejoice in any difficult situation. I rejoice, simply because the mighty God has choosen to reveal himself to me in my life and let HIS light shine on me and HIS holy spirit guideme.

B)

Because with God being in control He gives us something to hold onto. It gives us strength to be able to do His will in whatever kind of cirgumstance we are in.

We must believe "that ALL things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose."

I KNOW that God has a purpose for my life. When I became a Christian I was an atheist and not an easy atheist to "corrupt". It took months for my friends to "break me". I saw Christ in them, not because they were relentless (and they were) but because of all of the crap that I threw at them they never wavered and the still loved me. At times I stilll don't understand why they didn't give up but even with my short-comings and my struggles right now God still loves me. I know he has a purpose for me because I have seen it. He has laid the path before me... I just need to stay on it. How do I know? To quote a once great evangelist, "I know, that I know, that I know......."

Why is our ability to rejoice so dependant upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?Why must you believe in order

to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems?What is your basis for believing that?

Our ability to rejoice is dependant upon our faith in God being in control,

because what would be the purpose if God is not in it; it would be vanity and vexation of spirit. However, knowing that God is in control helps us to

press on , knowing that HE which had begun a good work in you, will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

WE must believe in order to be able to rejoice, for WITHOUT FAITH , IT IS

IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE HIM , and the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. The basis for our belief is

the living, abiding word of God that's forever settled in heaven

If we truly believe that God is in control, then we can rejoice freely,even in the midst of our trials.

In order to rejoice in the midst of problems,one must trust in God's Word and believe that true joy comes from Jesus alone.

My basis for believing that is my faith in Jesus,what God says in scripture,and the witness of the Holy Spirit. :D

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty?

We need to remember that faith is the substance of things hope for the evidences of things not seen. We depend on God because we have seen the evidence of the things not seen come to pass in our lives. When we have faith in God we know that it does not matter what things seem to look like but that God is in control and it will all work for our good because of our faith in God.

What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems?

That no matter how things look with the eyes we know in our hearts that God is in control and he will never leave us or forsake us.

What is your basis for believing that?

Many times I have seen God take what seemed impossible and turn it around to be true. The more you read the word of God the more you depend on it for your answers. Faith come by hearing and reading the word of God the Bible. Thank you Lord for your word.

Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?

Knowing that God is in control of my life makes it easier to rejoice knowing he is already working out what i may be struggling with to make me stronger and to draw me closer to him. Which is where I desire to be.

I know that I can rejoice cause of his promise to never leave me or forsake me. If it wasn't for him being there I could never press through

Knowing from times past that he has stepped in and made things work out better for me, helps me to know he will always be there for me no matter what is happening. :rolleyes:

Why is our ability to rejoice so dependant upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulties? What must you believe in

order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis in

believing that?

My ability to rejoice is dependant upon my faith that God is in control because what God has promised , He will perform (PHIL.). This gives me

an assurance that I can rejoice, for God is not a man that He should lie.

He tells me to CALL UPON HIM, AND HE WILL SHEW ME GREAT AND MIGHTY

THINGS WHICH THOU KNOWEST NOT.

In the midst of problems I must believe that GOD IS IN CONTROL AND WILL

KEEP HIS WORD. And also that He said,"I will never leave thee, or forsake thee".

My basis in believing that , is that, ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD AND ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whether in pretense or truth we have and must keep on rejoicing because the result is salvation.

You must believe in the truth, you must believe in God Almight and in Jesus Christ.

My basis for believing is the spirit that I have within me. I believe in God's Word for he does not and can not lie.

• 3 weeks later...
:D EVEN THOUGH WE GO THROUGH DIFFICULT TIMES,WE MUST ALWAYS KEEP OURSELF LIFTED UP.HIGHER AND ABOVE ANY CIRCUMSTANCE,KNOWING OUR GOD IS IN CONTROL.WE MUST BELIEVE IN THE COMING OF JESUS CHRIST KNOWING THERE IS A GREAT DAY COMING.REJOICE IN JOY AND HAPPINESS FOR THAT DAY TO ARRIVE.LOOK TO THAT DAY AND FOCUS ON JESUS CHRIST,THAT IS WHAT I BELIEVE.IN THE MEAN TIME WE MUST KEEP WORKING,EVEN IN DIFFICULT TIMES AS THE WORLD IS IN.WITH JESUS IN US OUR LIGHT WILL SHINE,AND WE CAN MAKE A DIFFRENCE.YES,THERE ARE STRUGGLES,BUT THERE IS ALSO JOY IN THE TIMES GOD GETS US THROUGH.

In Proverbs 3, we are told to trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not to our own understanding, in all our ways (even in the midst of diffficulty) we are to acknowledge Him and He will direct our path! If we are truly trusting in Him, then our faith is in Him and we know that He is in control. I went through five years in prison, and it was no one but me and my Lord! He showed me daily that He was with me. And even though I had to go through the fire, He never left my side. Thats why I believe!

• 2 weeks later...
Q2. (1:18b-19) Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?
Philippians 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

What kind of question is that you ask? You have to believe that Jesus died on the cross at Calvery, becoming sin for us, going down into the grave 3 day's...then rose again, bringing Forgiveness to All who Believe that's why He died and one time for that fact,..Believe on The Finnished Cross Work Of Christ Is All You Have To Do. With out that, there is no rejoicing.to answer the last part of question:I believe that is called "Blind Faith", for there was no proof before the assension of Christ of how the Gentiles would be brought in by The Body Of Christ, our instructions are not after the Law (OT). We Believe without the letter of the law. ...................

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes these questions seem easy to answer but really they are not. I find it hard to explain why my ability to rejoice is dependent upon my faith that God is in control. It just is. For me there is no other way. To live is to live out the life of Christ. To live out the life of Christ means living out the life Christ lived here on earth. We know we have the support of the Spirit of Jesus Christ and this support is central to our response to difficulties. We have been given our faith, it is from God, and we have support, in other words we are constantly supplied with the faith that God is in control which gives us the ability to rejoice. And we rejoice that Christ will be glorified in our life or death. God has freed me to rejoice through faith that He is in control of the situation, and my goals are His goals. I must believe that Christ lives in me to be able to rejoice and I believe that I will be delivered whether by life or death. I believe because I have lived it. I believe because God has opened my eyes to the truth of the Scripture and the Word has set me free.

IF you don't have faith that God is in control and the situation seems bleak - what is there to rejoice about - It is only knowing that He's in control and trusting that all things work out for good to those who love Him can we truly rejoice in the midst of pain.

My trails cause me to come closer to God and to trust Him. I grow big time.

• 1 month later...

WHEN I KNOW THAT MY CREATOR ..ELOHIM.. IS IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE, I GO THROUGH ADVERSITIES KNOWING THAT HE WILL DELIVER ME FROM THE SNARES OF THE FOWLER AND HELP ME TO OVERCOME FOR HIS GLORY.SO I REJOICE, NOT FOR THE TRIALS, BUT IN THE MIDST OF THE TRIALS KNOWING HE'S IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES.

SOME OF THE TRIALS I'VE BEEN THROUGH SEEMED LARGER THAN THE EARTH ITSELF.BUT DO YOU KNOW THAT BECAUSE OF MY OWN PERSONAL ENCOUNTER WITH THE LORD, I HAVE HAD PEACE THAT PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING EVERY TIME.FOR ME, TO REJOICE IN THE MIDST OF THE PROBLEM IS TO KNOW THAT JESUS IS BIGGER THAN THE PROBLEM AND TO KEEP MY EYES FIXED ON HIM.

MY BASIS FOR BELIEVING IS I BELIEVE GOD'S WORD AND I BELIEVE IN HIS CHARACTER . HE'S FAITHFUL AND DEPENDABLE, STEADY AS A ROCK. YOU CAN LEAN ON JESUS..HE WONT LET YOU FALL.HE'S NOT A LIAR...HIS WORD IS ALL POWERFUL AND HE'S ALWAYS IN CONTROL....GOD BLESS...

• 8 months later...

Why is our ability to rejoice so dependent upon our faith that God is in control, working even in the midst of difficulty? What must you believe in order to be able to rejoice in the midst of problems? What is your basis for believing that?

We must have faith that God is in control; without that faith, the sufferings and trials of life make no sense at all. We would have no answer when people ask, "Why are these things happening, if God is so good?" The only way to answer and go on in faith , is that God is in control. He will work everything out to the good of those who beleive in Him. That's what He's promised. He said "For I know the plans I have for you". His plans are far better than mine, so I will stand strong in them. Not that I always do this, of course :( ---but it's always my goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Ol' Nehemiah said that the joy of the Lord is our strength (8:10). Our faith is in God and when we exercise that faith, every minute of every day, it is His joy that we have. Along with that joy comes the assurance that no matter the degree of difficulty, God is in control. Therefore the battle belongs to the Lord and I rejoice in victory. The basis for my belief? Experience. Been there, done that and will do more so as I grow in Him. My joys grows greater every day!

• 1 month later...

wE CAN REJOICE IN THE MIDST OF DIFFICULTY, WHEN gOD IS IN CONTROL, BECAUSE hE GIVES US

HIS wORD THAT hE WILL NEVER LEAVE US, AND IF WE TRUST IN hIM WITH ALL OF OUR HEART , THEN

hE WILL GIVE US HIS LEADING AND DIRECTION, AS WE SUBMIT TO hIS WILL.

iN ORDER TO REJOICE IN THE MIDST OF PROBLEMS, WE MUST BELIEVE THAT NO MATTER THE TESTING OR TRIALS, hE WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO OVECCOME US, BUT WILL MAKE A WAY FOR US TO BEAR IT, FOR hE

SAID hE WOULD BE OUR STRENGHT IN THE MIDST OF OUR WEAKNESS.

tHE BASIS OF THIS BELIEF IS THAT gOD IS NOT A MAN THAT hE SHOULD LIE, AND hIS wORD hE PLACES ABOVE hIS VERY NAME.

• 3 weeks later...

If God is not in control, then who is? Us?! We are the ones who usually get us in a mess! We must believe that God has a plan for us (Jer. 29:11) and that any trial we are in is for our perfecting and His divine purpose. The great comfort I get is knowing that every trial I am in, God has given me the same amount of strength to handle it. The bigger difficulty, the bigger the strength that is given me. That is His promise (1 Cor. 10:13).

We must believe He is able. It's one thing to know He is God, it's another to know He is able and it's another to let Him do it and trust Him! For God is love! His word says He will always be there for us. God is good a stronghold in times of trouble, He takes care of those who trust in Him (Nahum 1:7). I love that verse because it's surrounded by trouble when you read the entire chapter. He says He who has begun a good work in you will complete it...(Phil. 1:6)

• 5 months later...

I am convinced that even in the valley's God is in control of everything and everybody. If we are strong going through with God's help we can rejoice. The Bible says rejoice at all times and if Jesus said it then I believe it.

• 2 months later...

We know that God is always in control and that he controls our destiny. When we put ourselves in the Lords hands we have no fear, no apprehension, no anger or guilt. We only have joy. I know that whatever difficulties I may face in my life I do not face them alone .My life is in Gods hands and he will look after me. I know that the Lord has a purpose for my Life and I serve him with my whole being. I do believe as Paul wrote that " in all things God works for the good of those that love him, who have been called according to his purpose". I will put myself in Gods hands and serve his purpose. I will lead my life as a Christian and by Christian values. God Bless

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone's life has problems: new problems come up, exiting problems can't be solved overnight, the memory of problems exist after they are resolved. I have to tell myself that I am doing the best I can with what I have available. I am convinced that God never 'puts more on our plate' than we can handle. When I'm overwhelmed, I have to remind myself