JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Incomparably Great Power in Believers

When you consider your faith consider a seed and the time and effort it takes to grow into the vegetation that God intends it to be. Then think of adding all of the best nutrients and perfect conditions for growing that seed and watch it grow so much more splendidly than had it been given minimal or no care at all. So is the revelation of the same power that God used to raise Jesus from the dead as that power in me. Essential nutrient, whew!

God grows my faith by His word and knowledge of His word reveals His actions so, on my part I need to stay in the word for my faith to grow.

I like to pray that the brothers and sisters hunger and thirst after righteousness that they may be filled.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A revelation of God's incomparable great power for us who believe is essential to a vital faith because we must know and understand who Christ is and what he can impart to us or our faith will be of little strength. I can develope this faith in myself by reading God's word and praying big prayers,exercising my faith in him. I pray it for others by asking God to reveal it to them through his word and their experiences.

Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith? How do you develop this faith in yourself? How do you pray for it for others?

Everything is by His grace because we are blinded sinners who need God to open the eyes of our heart to spiritual things. That is why our eyes must be opened so we can see the greatness of His power by faith. We develop this faith by reading His Word, praying for our faith to increase, and acting on the revelation God gives us. As we grow in faith, the effectiveness of our prayers for others will to. "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16 All godly Christians are able to receive the power to believe and pray these kinds of prayers and see His power at work. "Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit." James 5:17-18

Q4. (1:18) Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith?

"His incomparably great power for us who believe" is essential to a vital faith so that we would operate in the fullness of our capabilities, as empowered by the Holy Spirit. The incomparably great power that lies within or upon us, will lie dormant until this revelation is accepted as a part of our DNA in Christ and then we will do "greater miracles" enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit upon us.

How do you develop this faith in yourself?

This faith is developed as we believe and allow the manifestation of this great power to flow in our ministry.

How do you pray for it for others?

That their understanding and knowledge of the working of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" is ours and is available for today.

• 5 months later...
Q4. (1:18) Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith? How do you develop this faith in yourself? How do you pray for it for others?

Mark 16:17 talks about the signs that shall follow them that believe, and they are: In Christs name we will cast out devils, speak in new tongues, take up serpents and if we drink any deadly thing it will not harm us, lay hands on the sick and watch them recover. This is my prayer that we walk in this kind of power. I fully believe that we have the capabilities to walk in this power but because of a lack of prayer life we fail at it. This power is very essential to my faith. I have seen and felt this kind of power. I have prayed for people under the annointing of the Holy Spirit and seen them healed and I've seen them delivered from addictions. The more I step out in faith the more I will see. The more I pray the more I will see. Knowing the scripture and knowing what it says I can do then adding prayer to that, then stepping out in faith instead of sitting in fear is how I develope this faith. Sometimes I catch myself becoming lazy and not praying and studying then I have to repent and build up my faith again.

I pray for the Holy Ghost to be stirred up in others that they may see and do the things that Christ has called us to do.

• 3 months later...

Q4. (1:18) Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith? How do you develop this faith in yourself? How do you pray for it for others?

Experiencing the power and revelation of God personally impacts our lives immeasurably. Experiencing God is essential to a vital faith because it feeds the faith. I develop this faith in my life by accepting the assignments God gives me. I trust God to be my God and I step out in faith and He continues to reveal His power in my life. God convicts me of something, anything, and I step out in obedience because I know by past first-hand experience with God, that He will be there for me in carrying out His will and purpose for my life. This is how how faith is developed -- by consistently applying the Word of God to my life.

I model, teach and pray that others will apply God's Word to their lives. That they will step out in a faith based upon the Living Word of God.

I think we recieve this revelation of His incomparible great power, little by little. By our experiences, by reading the word, by our treks thru the wilderness, by our difficulties and by our seeing God move on our behalf in little ways. It is vital to our faith and it is also proportional. We will see God move in His power in proportion to our faith. When he does, our faith grows more and then we see Him move even more powerfully. Without faith it is impossible to please God. We need a deeper and deeper revelation of His power in order to increase our faith.

<I really appreciate what you had to say here. I believe it has also been my experience. It is true scripture says that without faith it is impossible to please God, however, since we need a deeper and deeper revelation of Him in order to increase our faith, that still kind of leaves the ball in His court, doesn't it. Paul never says we need to "muster up" our faith, but he prays that God will give us "a spirit of wisom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him" and that "the eyes of our 'heart' would be enlightened." That in itself increases my faith of his sovereignty and power in my life. The longer I know him, it seams the simpler my theology gets. He confuses and dumbfounds the wisdom of men. As far as praying it for others, I don't struggle with, because I rest in the fact the Holy Spirit prays for me things that I don't even know how to pray for. Sound like a cop out? Hebrews says there remains a rest for the people of God. He seems real adept at taking care of details. Revelation says that in the end we all remove our crowns and cast them at his feet, acknowledging that He is all in all. Thanks for letting me share that with you, too. :rolleyes: >

How do we increase our faith? By taking little steps of faith in response to the degree of revelation we have recieved from Him. And we recieve that revelation by spending time with Him, in the word, in obedience and in trusting and leaning on Him, again...little by little.

How do we pray it for others?? Something I struggle with and dont know the answer besdes praying scripture over them with faith that God, thru the Holy Spirit will work with in them.

• 6 months later...

It keep us going it strengthens our faith and make it come alive in our hearts so that we reach out to others to help them learn of God's great mercy and love. If we don't develope that strong faith then we stop growing and become stagnant not seeking those who are lost as Christ directed us to do. We develope faith by prayer and seeking God's truth in His word. We see it in those around us in the prayer of the Saints that God is answering and in the hearts that He is touching. We strengthen it when we fast and give God our full attention by spending time in His presence. I pray that God touch hearts and us me to speak the right word at just the right time that He will send Hid Spirit in to their lives toshow them the truth as He has done for me.

• 3 weeks later...

We have to try to fathom the great, extrordinary power that is available to those who believe. It is the same power that Jesus had when he went through suffering for us, that raised Lazarus from the dead, and performed miracles in the Bible. In order to have vital faith - significantly important faith- we need to have some idea or understanding of the power we have as Christians.

We can develop it by studying God's word and seeing how many in the Bible received faith for God's great power. Through that, we can be assured that God will give that to us too if we believe. Prayer to be in God's will and to believe will help develop faith.

We need to pray for others that they too will develop some understanding of the great power that is available to us.

• 1 month later...

We have to believe that we have it, in order for us to be able to "use" it. Faith is just what it says-the power to believe that we have what we need.

We ask for ourselves, and for others to have this revelation, or knowledge of power. Please Lord, give us all this knowledge so that we can impart it to others, as well as for ourselves. We can do nothing, in and of ourselves. Everything we are and do is because we belong to the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords!

It is hard for us to wrap our minds around this concept. We can't comprehend how this is possible. But, because we are believers, all things are possible for us because we believe in The One who gave Himself a ransome for us! Just read the words, and let them envelope your being. Get them deep in your spirit-soak it up! Study, study, study! And ask The Spirit of Truth to enlighten you, and give you this wisdom. This is what we can do for ourselves, and each other!

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. (1:18) Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith?

The revelation brings the truth to life in our lives. Until we receive a revelation, it's just head knowledge or a concept we've read about. Once we have the revelation...the "ah hah!" , we begin to walk in faith and power, step by step, and from glory to glory.

We are all given faith at the moment of salvation, but I see it as a muscle. A muscle grows by exercising it and then increasing the weight bearing by increments as it gets stronger. I'm not sure I develop my own faith, but would rather say that I exercise the faith He has given me. I do that by trusting Him and following Him where He leads me, by feeding on His Word, through worship, through honesty and prayer in our relationship, by exposing myself to good teaching and fellowship, practicing His Presence day to day. When He has exposed strongholds, I've cooperated with Him in tearing them down. I'm learning to war in the Spirit against the opposition and hindrance by Satan. As I share with others what He has done or is doing in my life, my own faith is strengthened. I keep a journal every day, and I record the special things He does or where I see Him at work in my life or those around me....this builds my faith.

I pray for them to be drawn to Jesus by the Father, as Jesus told us, and that they'll come to faith in Christ. For those who do believe, I pray that they will have a revelation of His incomparable power to believe, and for them to grow in Him.

While many of us profess to believe, and do believe in Christ and the resurrection, it happened a very long time ago we think. We are a generation of 'seeing is believing', and have a very hard time to believe in something that we have not experienced ourselves. We are scientists, bent on seeing, touching, feeling before we will assent to the existence of anything. So, to believe that we have this great God-given power, it must be revealed to us in some manner that we can relate to. It is there in front of us at all times - just as the disciples had the few loaves and some fish right in front of them, yet they still asked if they should send the people into the villages to buy food. One way to develop this faith in ourselves is through our prayers, both for ourselves and for others. I think that we need to ask God to 'open the eyes of our hearts' - both our own hearts, and the hearts of others that we pray for.

• 3 weeks later...

One needs to have their own revelation...and it is by the revelation that the faith is built and the power of that revelation rings true.

How do you develop this faith in yourself? Ask the Lord to increase our faith...and exercise what He gives.

How do you pray for it for others? Just ask Him.

• 8 months later...

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

We need to understand that we have been endued with power from on high by the Holy Spirit who lives in us. He directs us, counsels us, encourages us and is with us all the time.

• 4 months later...

. (1:18) Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith?

We are called to truth and to be faithful, for which we will receive commendation, victory, and security. We will receive our rewards and our proper place! We will see that all we went through in life had a purpose and a reason, and we will see that the people who benefited were the souls that were saved and the work that gave Him glory. We will see clearly what our life was about, and what it meant to Christ and to others

As maturing Christians we must pray everday with a sincere heart; we must allow the search and conviction of the Holy Spirit upon our lives; to the very core of our souls (2 Cor. 13:5)! Once this happens, the result will be more faith and more use to Christ. We must also walk by faith and really believe in Gods promises.

I would pray that thier faithfulness and,prayer life will grow stronger because nothing else we can do is greater for our Lord. Our works do not earn our salvation; His grace paid for that. But, why be ones who are foolish when we can be victorious, faithful sheep.

Patricia

• 1 month later...

This verse is about one of my personal problems with faith.

It assures us that God isn't just waiting for us in heaven but that He also cares for us on earth.

Many times I wonder if He cares leading to the bad thought whether He exists at all.

This question makes me realize that that are just lies of Satan to steal the truth away from me.

• 2 weeks later...

A revelation of God's incomparably great power for us who believe is essential to a vital faith because we need to be constantly "powered up" by his Spirit.

I personally have found that some of the most helpful things in developing this faith are centred around the Church and the Bible;----- Bible reading groups, prayer circle and worship in Church, certain TV programmes and last but not least internet studies with Dr Ralph.

I pray that other unbelieving souls will one day have the great blessing given to them,when their hearts will be opened to God's word, particularly those in my own family, please God if it is your will, let it be so.Amen

• 4 months later...

His incomparably great power for us who believe is essential to our vital faith because it proves that we trust the Lord. A christian must have faith, trust and hope in order to continue his or her daily work in the Lord. Knowing that God is loved and His power is awesome and great. I develop this faith by believing and looking at my past, where I could see how the Lord walked with me and made a way, when I think there shouldn't be a way. I pray that others would see the love of God and turn their hearts from their wicked ways and worship God for what He is.

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. (1:18)

Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith?

If we think about it, the same almighty power that raised Christ from the dead was used to bring us to life. We were dead in our sins, but through the grace and mercy of God our Father we have been brought to life, and raised up together with Christ. This all happens when we put our faith in Christ. We must ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten our hearts so that we will realise these great truths revealed to us in Scripture. We have to put our faith and trust in our Saviour Jesus Christ. We must be careful not to pray only for wealth, health, comfort, and achievements when we pray for others. We might focus mainly on their job situations and material needs; rather we should be concentrating and praying for their drawing closer and getting to know God and His doctrines.

• 1 month later...

Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith? If we know that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is in us, we will have "nothing is impossible" faith. We will not be praying and yet be wondering if God is going to answer us. Instead our prayers will be faith-filled and highly charged. When we are confronted with problems, we will not be overly anxious. We might still worry - that is human. But we will have the confidence that our faith and our prayers will make the devil stop in his tracks. We will lead victorious christian lives.

How do you develop this faith in yourself? How do you pray for it for others? By working on the first 4 questions in this study, I have become very motivated to concentrate on the scriptures we have touched on especially verses 17 - 23. I am going to make sure these verses get into my head and I am going to use these new-found revelations in my prayers. I have always been praying for my children to walk in ways of God but now i am going to pray for them to actually know him. This way they do not have to piggy-back on my faith. They can confidently go to God for any help they need and they will experience spiritual growth.

• 2 months later...

We have to believe and "know" that it is much more than "rhetoric" but very real for us to be able to tap into this incredibly great power made available to us.

How do you develop this faith in yourself? I find I am a skeptic by nature and I have to pray and ask God to help my faith grow. I also have to practice my faith in order to stretch it.

How do you pray for it for others? I pray that God would open their spiritual eyes. The natural man is blinded to spiritual things. They certainly won't have something they can't see or understand.

• 8 months later...

A revelation of “his incomparably great power for us who believe” is essential to a vital faith, because it assures me that I do not have to live this faith in my own strength. Just as Jesus was empowered for His ministry on earth, all believers is empowered by the Holy Spirit for the work of God.

I can develop this faith in myself, by believing by faith that God’s immeasurable power lives in me and all believers.

I pray for others to develop this faith of believing in the power by praying for them as Jesus did for us that they may see and understand God’s immeasurable power that lives in every believer.

• 1 year later...

We need to believe in God's power in us in order for our faith to be vibrant and effective. Without it, we are powerless and make little difference in the world. I have seen this develop in my life through asking God for it and serving others. Over time, we see the effects of the power as we see changed lives. In order for others to experience this power in their lives, I need to pray that they would have this power revealed to them and then let it work through them as they serve others.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (1:18) Why is a revelation of "his incomparable great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith? How do you develop this faith in yourself? How do you pray for it for others?

Once we receive this revelation we know what the Lord can do, who He is and what He can do through us for others. We now have the revelation of the power that dwells in us. This same resurrection power that was in Jesus is in us too. We develop this faith in ourselves by continually asking the Lord to reveal it to us. We should pray that this same revelation truth be given to others so their hearts are enlightened also. 

• 2 years later...

We have got to know that “his incomparably great power for us who believe” because we need to know that we are not powerless. We can make some great changes when we know that we have this power. We can develop this faith in yourself by believing in the Bible. We have got to stay focused on what the Bible is telling us. We can pray that others might also have faith that we have “his incomparable great power”.