• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As you have noted: 

both Melchizedek and Abraham see ´El `Elyon as totally supreme over everything in earth and heaven,11-- total supremacy. This is trumpeted by the Psalmist:

"Let them know that thou alone,
whose name is the LORD, 
art the Most High over all the earth." (Psalm 83:18)

Also find it interesting that Abraham dealt with kings alot and the appearing of Melchizedek to some may look like an interruption to the narrative, but upon closer examination, it fits  and the working of God's covenant with Abraham. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Q1. (Genesis 14:19, 20, 22) What did Abraham and Melchizedek seem to believe in common about God Most High?

In a polytheistic culture, where everyone believed in multiplicity of gods, both Abraham and Melchizedek were monotheists and believed in El Elyon, the God Most High , Creator and possessor of both heaven and earth. He is all powerful and majestic. This gives us great comfort and consolation, knowing that this all powerful God is Whom we serve and adore. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2006 at 10:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (Genesis 14:19, 20, 22) What did Abraham and Melchizedek seem to believe in common about God Most High?

Both Abraham and Melchizedek believed in the same God and that that God Most High was the Creator of Heaven and Earth and is the same God that delivers enemies into our hands.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/14/2006 at 1:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (Genesis 14:19, 20, 22) What did Abraham and Melchizedek seem to believe in common about God Most High? Abraham and Melchizidek both believed that God Most High was the Creator of the universe and the supreme ruler of all things in it.

• 3 months later...

They both believe that God Most High is the creator of heaven and earth.  

They both believe  that  God Most High  has the absolute  power to deliver and to save us from every enemy. 

They both believe that God  Most High has the power to bless and enrich us. 

They both believe that God Most High rules in the affairs of men. 

I believe too

• 2 months later...

As believers, we are called to the royal priesthood (1 Peter 2:9) and we are part of a "kingdom of priests" (Exodus 19:6).  What a beautifull calling we have (Matthew 28:18).  Both Abraham and Melchizedek has their spiritual eyeglasses on.   They knew deep within that God is All and All. I too can have a deeper understanding "of the most High God"  as I pray and study the Holy Bible.  I love ?  Psalm 110!   I am called today to enter the Holy of Holies because Christ Jesus is my High Priest.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...