JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Most High

Pastor Ralph

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

There is no one greater that He. He created all things, that nothing has come into existence that He did not command. He created the universe. When I think of that, I meditate on how much bigger my Papa God is than His creation. When I look at the ocean, the size and power of just the ocean, I know that my God is so much greater. That nothing is impossible for Him. That He is my source for all things. That He is limitless.

When I think of Him as the Most High God, I wonder how will I ever be able to praise and worship Him, revere Him, and thank Him in ways that He is most deserving of? So I simply love Him, and worship Him from my heart, through song and dance, through spoken words of adoration and testifying to people of His greatness, His awesomeness and His unconditional love; by loving people as He has commanded me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, God most high describes the awesomeness of God; His Grace, mercy, love, kindness,goodness etc.

Besides Him there is no other God.

Even much more than our human minds can fanthom and much more than mere words can describe, our God is a great and awesome God.

The Bible says that the heaven is His throne ans the earth is His footstool - Acts 7:49, Isaiah 66:1

He is indeed the MOST HIGH GOD!

• 2 weeks later...

I am just blown away and amazed at some of the comments on this board. There were things that I did not consider, and reading these replies has really blessed me. God Most High take on a different meaning for me now as I realize that God has many roles and abilities, but as the Most High, He deseres a different kind of respect and reverence. Just like an earthly dad can be a best friend at times, but we also know that there are other times when he is given a much higher and greater role in our lives.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

To me the title "Most High" captures the essential positional imcomparability of God to any other thing in creation (or yet to be created), visible and invinsible. God is exalted far above the earth and heaven. He is above ALL powers, authorities, rulers, principalities!

The concept of God the "Most High" can be incorporated in worship through prostration and extolling Him with praises.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of God Most High gives to the true worshipper the duty to approach God with reverential awe. But though the concept of God Most High signifies supremacy and exaltation, He is not too distant that we believers cannot approach Him in our personal way. sometimes the best prayer is the spontaneous outpouring of our soul's longings and burdens to God in the spirit of helplessness. Blessed be God forever.

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you?

To me "Most High" means that there is but one who can be called such, and that One is God Almighty, the only God, the God that I love and serve. He alone is the creator of heaven and earth. He reigns supreme and is the sustainer of all those who have given themselves to worship Him in spirit and in truth.

How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

In worship there is but one focus of the mind soul and spirit; to the MOST HIGH, He alone is worthy to receive worship.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Most High to me is there is none other than the one and only God. He is above all. There's nothing higher than my God. I acknowledege Him as my one and only helper. Who can reach a wound that's so deep in my heart, a hurt of losing three love ones at one time. Only the Most High can reach that deep in my heart and give me comfort and peace ( hallelujah)!

There aren't enough words in any language to frame the awesomeness of our GOD, El-Elyon, the First and the Last of Everything, GOD Most High! I worship and adore Him --- not only because He is worthy of my allegiance, not only because He is all things righteous, holy, beautiful, loving, complete --- but I love Him because, beyond all reasoning, He loved me first!

St. Michael, Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, has a name that asks the question with an exclamation: "What god is like our GOD!" There is none, for He, Alone, is GOD! Purely out of love, He reveals Himself to us. Purely out of love, He manifests Himself into the Holy Trinity; and as the shamrock has three distinct petals but is all one singular plant, so GOD Most High has put on the garment of JESUS Christ for us so that we may be saved from our sins and love, worship, and enjoy Him *personally* forever in a way our minds/hearts/souls may be able to comprehend.

I could go on and on and on for this is one of my most favorite names of GOD. It is a tremendous comfort to me that the Supreme One --- Creator and Redeemer of everything --- GOD above all others and everything else --- that He *loves* me! He knows about me! He cares about me. He knows the number of hairs on my head and counts my every tear! I start to cry everytime I meditate on GOD under this Name because I wish I could worship Him and love Him and serve Him as He should be, and I repent of my weaknesses, distractions, and sins that keep me from being in a constant state of love and worship of, and service to such an awesome GOD as my GOD, El-Elyon.

• 3 weeks later...

Elohim El'yon is supreme over all the universe and particularly over my circumstances and in this supremacy, I find comfort in knowing that as His child, He is able to keep me, doing exceedingly, abundantly above anything I can ask or think or even imagine.

I start my worship with exalting the Lord as He is God above all gods, Kings above all kings and thanking Him that in His sovereignty, He chose ME!

Bless the Lord, o my soul...!

• 1 month later...

As I mediate on the "Most High" God, I am brought low. I must admit that I find it difficult to grasp the awesomeness of Him. There is no one or nothing that comes even slightly close to Him despite man's attempts to obtain power and wisdom, or to create. I bow my head, lift my hands, sing, long to know Him better. As Moses, I long to see His glory.

I ALWAYS PRAISE HIM AND THANK HIM FOR WHO HE IS BEFORE I APPROACH HIM.I'VE HAD SO MANY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WHERE I KNEW IF HE WAS NOT THE MOST HIGH GOD I WOULD NOT BE ALIVE. IN THOSE TIMES, IT WAS ONLY HIM WHO COULD HAVE DELIVERED AND SO I REVERENCE HIM AND GIVE HIM THE HONOR THAT'S DUE TO HIM AND HIM ALONE.I LOVE ALL THE OTHER COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD. I AGREE WITH LINDALOU.ONLY HIM CAN COMFORT THE BROKENHEARTED WHEN YOU'VE LOST LOVED ONES AND NO ONE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND THE DEPTH OF THE GRIEF AND EVEN IF SOME DO, THEY STILL CANT HEAL THE WOUNDED SOUL AND MAKE IT WHOLE AGAIN.GOD BLESS..

The most high God also means the exalted God, above all other gods. Is. 57:15 says,"...the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy..."

When I worship, I am in awe - to stand in the presence of the eternal, Holy, Most High GOD. It also gives me a sense of security/safety, in knowing I am accepted and heard by the Most High GOD, all because of HIS provisions in Christ.

I was considering this phrase last night as I lay in bed praying. As I thought of people in our society that have a high ranking (President, Queen of England, even well known personalities from Hollywood) I thought of how I would act in their presence, how I would show them honor. Then I thought of God--God Most High, it brought forth such awe, I cannot describe it. Here is God, Most High (higher than any human or any other being) listening to my prayers (mine--a sinner, a person who has often ignored Him, someone who should not even matter). And that mere thought brings me to my knees, because He does care about me--very much. He loved me so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to this earth to live and endure pain, even the pain of death (a horrible death at that) just for me. All I can say is WOW!

• 1 month later...

The Most High to me is my All and All. He is everything that I need. There is no one that loves me like the Most High and He will always love me and take care of me. I will praise Him Always and Give Him all the Praise, Honor and Glory forever.

• 4 weeks later...

I think sometimes I may tend to get a little "familiar" with God. I believe God wants us to come to Him as a friend and as a Father, but there are some times that worship simply requires reverence and worshipful awe. I am a child of the Most High, the Exalted, and my worship should reflect that relationship. There are too many times when I find myself giving God a laundry list of things I need and then getting back to my life. I will begin to come to God with more of the respect and adoration He alone deserves.

The titel Most High, means to me that there is no other that is greater than He. God has dominion overall. He owns all and cares for all. And wants the best for those that follow Him. There is nothing impossible for God to do and there is no other that can defeat Him. Is is the almighty power, the omnipotent the supreme. I will worship Him with all my heart and soul. Acknowledging his awesome power and never ending grace and enduring love.

• 1 month later...

He is above all things and worthy of all our praise and worship. As I pray and meditate, this is the name I address first. I acknowledge Him as Most High and then I come before the throne of grace and pour my heart out to Him. All things are possible through Him. He is the ultimate authority in all things. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. At the end of time all will bow before Him and acknowledge that HE IS EL ELYON!