JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Most High

Pastor Ralph

He is above all things, Most High and creator of all we see and don't see.  Deserving of the highest praise and worship.  Separate from all other "gods" and higher in all things, in Him is no darkness at all, pure, holy,highest in rank and authority, with unlimited power.  We are to yearn to know Him, and am glad for this study and will put MOST HIGH GOD in my adoration part of prayer today. with the Most High, anything is possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2006 at 8:37 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

It means to me that this God whom we serve is above All--above everything that wants to raise it's importance in our lives....Above anything and everything that takes our attention, time, talents, treasures away from our devotion to the One true God. When I pray "Oh Most High God"...it is humbling and reminds me of how HE wants to be our utmost...for His highest.

• 2 weeks later...

Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

To me it means that God is the MOST HIGH over EVERYTHING. HURTS/DISAPPOINTMENTS/LIFE everything! It is my desire to always be reminded of it as well as trust it with all my heart. I know the quicker I learn this, the quicker I will not have to feel overwhelmed with stress and anxiety as I walk through this journey called LIFE.

• 1 month later...

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

He’s the incomparable God. There’s no one who could be compared to Him. He alone is great. He has no rival and no equal. His name is exalted above all. He’s the majestic one towering above all and everything. Sadly this perspective towards God has diminished in the present times. He’s considered to be a best buddy and a close friend. It’s true there’s no one more closer and intimate to us than God. I am reminded of an old song by vineyard the excerpts of which goes like this... Holy and intimate. Tender and strong. Patient and powerful. Sovereign and merciful. Mighty and innocent. Jealous and kind. Who is like our God? The church has to have its perspective restored to have a reverent awe of God.

When we understand His greatness that will result in an awe-inspired worship unto Him. He alone is “worthy” of it all. And I pray in my life there will always be the posture of worship to my King who deserves all worship and adoration. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2006 at 5:37 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

The title "Most High" means the highest above all, the most supreme, the top-tier position. Which goes to show that God is the one true God and there is none like Him. He is in control and worthy of all praise.

I can incorporate it in my worship by using His Name in my prayers because God is above all.

• 6 months later...

EL-Elyon The Most High God, He is Sovereign no other can compare in Heaven or Earth. He made Everything The Heavens  and Earth declare his glory,(KJV). He is The Creator and no other god can stand before The Most High God. I Samuel 5:2-3 is just one example where Dagon fell on his face in The presence of The Ark of God the head and hands were cut off. Again’ The children of Israel in bondage in Egypt for years in due time God bought them out with A Mighty Hand with signs and Wonders displaying his awesome power before Pharoah and his Court even through The Red Sea. When it looks like all is lost even the water has to obey. He is The Most High God. In Worship Let’s give him honor and glory  in our daily lives and approach him with reverence. The Earth is The Lord’s and The fulness-thereof; the world and they that dwell therein(Psalms- 24:1).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It means that He is the only one who I should worship and the only one who is worthy of my praise. He is the only one who is exalted above all others. The only one who can answer my prayers and the one who I will see in heaven. This means I ought to praise Him first of all for who He is before I praise Him for what He has done for me.

• 1 month later...

The title 'Most High', to me means that there is no other above Him.  Not only is He the highest, but He is also the only. God is God all by Himself.  He is incomparable.  There is no other god like Him.  He shows Himself superior to all other.  Every other god has no other  option than to bow before Him.  In 1 Sam. 5: 1 - 8 He declared in no uncertain manner that He is "Most High" when Dagon, the Philistine god did not only bow but fell flat on his face, not once but twice,  in homage to an object that represented His presence.  Unlike the saints in Glory, he didn't have a crown to cast at the Master's feet so he cast his head instead (even an image made of wood or stone recognized Him to be Most High).  And so Romans 8: 31 ... if God is for us, who can be against us(?), now has a deeper, stronger significance for me, for the "Most High"  in whom I believe is more than able to keep all that I have committed unto Him.

Worship for me is a lifestyle, and so it means that everything I am and do have to reflect that God is 'Most High' in my life.  My trust has to be fully in Him, even when I cannot fathom why I should trust Him, when all may seem to be coming up against me, when the road ahead seems to be dark and dismal.  That is when I must throw my hands up in praise and say to Him "Most High God" I know You've got this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2006 at 8:37 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship? To me, Most High God is the supreme God for all of humanity and therefore, I am mindful, thoughtful and righteous in honoring His commandments. I pray several times a day and seek him constantly as my God and Heavenly Father, the supreme being who is both powerful and compassionate. I emulate the Psalms of David to worship God Most High because these verses seem to show a profound connection between this omnipotent being with that of His son David. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I pray that God would take off any blinders or dust in my spiritual eyes.  I know in the past during seminary formation that innocent distractions would come along in my path.   I ask God to forgive me for allowing distractions to my attention.  God is so patient!  What a treasure I have !  Called to the royal priesthood a chosen nation---God is truly most high.   So now in the outdoor evangelism preaching I am more determined to be more zealous in the ministry.

• 1 year later...

Most High means to me that he is above All. There is no comparison. The world may try to put other gods at The Most High God level but it will fail every single time. God is the Creator of everything

I can recognize this name more as I worship him and spend time with him. I can praise him more using this name The Most High God.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you?
Savior, my creator, my ABBA. It brings me peace and comfort. Brings to mind His grace, mercy and love, how I’ve been forgiven, that I am chosen by God.

How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

By giving God all the praise and glory that He deserves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/14/2006 at 8:37 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

It means Jesus to Church goers- but not Christians. Jesus referred to Him that way- no to 'Himself' or 'Themselves'!