JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Most High

Pastor Ralph

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you?

There is no other God like Jehovah. He is all powerful, He sits on the throne and He is in control of all things. He created the heavens and the earth, and He created mankind.

Because He is who He is, He demands His people to be a righteous people; He is a God of love and mercy, and a God of wrath.

How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

I worship God Almighty by being careful to keep His commandments, not because I have to, but because He wants me to, and I know they are for my good. It is a way for me to show Him, "I love Him."

I worship Him by staying in Faith, trusting in the work Christ did for me on the cross, for it is because of God Almighty and His love for me that He sent His Son to reconcile me to Him who sits on the throne. I worship Him by loving the Son, my Bridegroom and being a faithful bride to Him, the Son, and that pleases the Father greatly, a sweet savor up to Him. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

To me, Most High means simply that: Most High. He is above all else. Nothing can compare with Him. Given the choice between obeying an idol, or in these days profit, the government, parents, bosses, etc, or God, one must obey God, because he is the Most High.

I do not need to say tell God that He is the Most High. He already knows that, and He knows that I revere him as such. What I do need to do is remember what He is when I pray, and give Him respect as well as try to follow His laws.

• 2 weeks later...
Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

To me Most High means everything. He is my Creator, with Him I live, move, and have my being. He is my rock and my shelter, on whom I am standing. He is my Father, whom loved me enough that He gave His life for me, He is ever present help in time of need. He is a true and faithful Most High, one that will never let you down or fail you. The Most High whose love is unconditional. I praise Him every day in my prayers and worship Him for Who He Is. I thank Him for everything He is and does in my life. Everything that He is going to do. Most of all, I thank Him for His love and saving grace and mercy that endures forever.

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

When I think on this, I realize that He is the Most there is, there is none like Him. and He deserves our worship and love and obedience and I need to submit my whole heart, sole and mind to Him. And to keep renewing my mind on His word and His titles and what they mean to me. How will I incorporate it in my line and worship, is to 1st to remember who He is and recognize that in my Prayer, with using His titles.

That He is El Elyon my Most High creator and thank Him for creating me, and preparing and planning everything in my life. For he will continue to work on me to prefect me til the day of Yahshua's coming in

Phi 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Most High Lord of all Lords

I see that he is the Lord of All, My Rock, My shelter, My Deliverer. My Savior and the one that shares his Grace to all of us. Most High means he deserves my love, my worship, my praise and for me to serve him as he is all these things and more. It is hard to put any one word or name to the Most High as he is so much and I need him more and more every day. I need to think of him all day and every second as he sheds his blessings upon me and they are so many. I will look to the Most High in all I do and praise him and think of him with all my Heart, Soul, Mind and Body. He deserves this as he is the Most High creator of all things.

• 2 weeks later...

This means everything to me. God commands us to rejoice in all circumstances of life, to be filled with the Holy Spirit and always giving thanks for all things. I can only do this because I know the Most High God is sovereign, that He is the ruler over everything and nothing can happen without His permission. He is in full control of my life every moment of every day and that brings great peace as my mind stays on this truth. My worship is my life being lived out before Him, the One who is worthy to receive all honor and glory. the One who is the sovereign ruler of the universe and over my soul. Ps 57:2-" I will cry to God Most High, to God who accomplishes all things for me"

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you?

Meditating on Most High God, has been wonderful...some of the thoughts I've had are: He is totally Supreme. Utmost Majesty. Sovereign over all creation...including the demonic realm which fears Him and is subject to Him. There is nothing and no one like Him. He is the Epitomy of all that is...created all that exists. He is my Sovereign and my Refuge. He overshadows me...is ever present, all knowing, all powerful, perfect, all wise. He's my Father, and I'm a child of the Most High God, created by His Hand for His pleasure...WOW. What privilege I've been called to. He's Self Existent....yet calls me His friend, and I'm in fellowship with Him..grafted into His holy family through Christ...It means that if I remember Who He Is, I'm as safe as a baby wrapped in a "snuggly" on His chest...totally loved, accepted, wanted, forgiven, His. It draws me into reverential and awe-filled worship and praise.

How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

I loved praising God as Most High, yesterday during worship at Church after thinking about this question for a couple of days....It "enlarged" my concept of Him...not that He can be enlarged, but in how I think of Him...as I worshipped Him as Most High God, my situations and problems shrank...and I knew that "all things are possible with God", in a fresh way. My esteem was lifted for belonging to Him, and my view of self was humbled as I saw Him as Most High God.The more I try to express, the more aware I am that He is beyond my words...He takes my breath away...

God most high... God most high... The words keep on repeating itself in my mind.. The more I hear it, the more I start to realize the greatness of God. I forgot aboat how great God is.. you know, I got so busy with my life and the lives of my loved ones. God most high.. God most high...

I want to show Him the respect He deserves... How different would I have acted if I was living in the Throne Room of God most High every day if my life? Well, I am there.. I just got so busy with everything else in the throne room that I forgot that I was standing right at His feet. God Most High, God Most High.. May I never be so blind again!

That God is "Most High" cuts deeply into my personal life. If this is who He is...and I worship Him and call Him, "Lord"....then I am in a position where I must examine my life to see where I am in conflict with Him. Where am I attempting to control my life instead of trusting the One who is Most High? Where in my life am I looking to other things, etc., to which to give my allegence instead of the Most High. I find that I fall very short. But I want to serve and love Him as the Most High. Today, I will write down those places and things that I lean upon instead of completely leaning upon the Most High.

In 1 Chron. somewhere the Bible states about God, the Most High, that "the eyes of the Lord go to and fro over all the earth seeking out those who are completely His that He may strongly support them". That's the kind of relationship with Him that I want.

Sandra K

GOD is GOD!!!!!! though tere are many gods that cosume there is none that can even begin to compare with or to

my GOD Most High.

He is higher and mightier than all things, nothing or noone can go above or beyond Him.

every blessing, trial, and obsticle in my life come down from Him.

My worship to Him is in awe of His majestic perfection and holiness.

As He continues to draw me and allow me into His presence; I will continue to learn to worship Him in spirit and truth.

not just empty motions trying to gain attention to myself, instead pointing my devotion to GOD in all things.

• 1 month later...

[i am totally ignorant to answer this. I feel I am in the middle of an ocean sky over me is vast I don't find any border, ocean around me too is vast I don't see any boudary or limit. And the only thought rule me now is my smallness almost equal to nothingness. Here my mind murmur me,rejoice in Him, I am still under HIS Mighty Wings. My mind still says me 'fill your mind with as much as you can from the Vastness of the Meanings of HIS Names, and be aware that what ever words, launguage you have learned is not sufficient to express about HIS name.............

About incorporating in worship, Now I pray Loving God to teach me How to use Your Name, because HE commanded us to be very careful in using HIS Holy Name.O LORD help me to Love YOU and YOUR Holy name with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my strength.................

• 4 weeks later...

So many of the replies to this question are both eloquent and profound. Mine is simpler. Is He "Most High" in my life? Do I put my plans for my time, energy, money, and other resources over Him and His plans? Turth is that all too often, yes. Someone offended me Thursday and I let my reaction to the offence overshadow God's call to serve others. He's dealing with me about my eating. Today is the day after Halloween and the left over candy is winning the "Most High" battle. LORD, I repent. HELP! I feel like Paul when he said in Rom 7:19 "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."

Thank you for this study. I now see clearly that I need to get on my spiritural face before the true Most High, repent, and walk anew in the Spirit. He is so good and mercyful.

• 1 month later...

Most High. For me I tend to think of a legal system . The supreme court which is the highest court in the land. There is no where else to go after that. God is the Most High that is supreme,the highest authority the absolute top .He has the ability and authority to do anything and all things must go through his Hand. It helps to know just whom you are praying too and how big God is.

• 4 weeks later...

I love to use a thesaurous to help expand my understanding of certain words. When I looked up "High," one definition stated - important, with words such as; eminent, prominent, high rank, superior, distinquished, and lofty. As I added "Most" to those words, I got a fuller idea of what God Most High means. As I continue to think on this my hope and desire is that it will affect my worship of Him - which is really just my daily actions towards Him.

The title Most High tells me there is nothing or noone above God who is high over all He deserves all my life my being all that I am to be submitted to Him It reminds me when I worship Him of who He is and brings forth a true reverence and awe towards Him.

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship? To me Most High means that God is over all things he owns all things and without Him I am nothing and could not do anything that will trully last, Most High means that God has all control and is all knowing, I do and will always worship God The Most High from my heart thanking Him for all things that go on in my life good as well as bad. Also I will thank God for all lessons that come my way as well as seek Him for what I am to Learn. With the understanding that Most High also means God is our teacher.

When I consider El Elyon in meditation, I think of all the things that we as people set before ourselves to worship

We worship our car, our house, our job, our spouse, our status in the community, all these thing are our gods. I've heard men (not men of the Most High of course) say that they would kill if anyone hit their car, took their money, did something to their property these things they have set above all else in their life. for them these are their god.

But the Name El Elyon says whatever you have put your value in, be it your faith, in your hopes, and expectations, be it flesh plant, mineral, or belief, they are all below the Most High God and we exhault Him, we consciencely raise Him above anything else in our lives, we acknowledge that The Most High God is above everything that is is, because everything that is is because He made it so.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I can comprehend what "Most High" truly signifies! It's really scary because I have been using these same titles and names of God forever but can't grasp the complete meaning behind them...!

So far though, "Most High God" means that God owes allegiance to no one but everyone must give their allegiance to God. He is the only being that has the final say on what goes on in our lives. He has control.

In addition it makes me think that God can see more than anyone else; he is at the highest place. In fact, being "Most High" means he sees everything.

Lastly I think Most High can mean God's the highest in terms of greatness, love, justice, righteousness.... and so on. But many of these terms are abstract and each of them requires contemplation... for example, what defines greatness? Therefore I will think upon these things and pray that the Spirit can guide my thoughts to the truth.

JC

• 2 weeks later...

Most High means that God is the creator of everything. He is also the only true God and is exalted above everything and He should be the only One to whom worship is given.

When I worship, I will have a clearer understanding of who God is, how wonderful He is and how unique He is.

• 4 weeks later...

I think this title is even more special to me because it really drives home the fact that I have the privilege of having a personal relationship with the Most High.

Personally, I think this is quite a humbling experience to know that the Most High cares not just about me but every single aspect and detail of my life. Such an awesome truth! Praise and glory to God!

This title is a great reminder that He alone is above all circumstance. Nothing in this world is greater than Him.

I find myself this week falling peacefully asleep, meditating and saying Elyon, God Most High. It is such a comfort to know my God is the Exalted one.

• 4 weeks later...

Most High means that there is no one greater, more powerful, or more intelligent than God (the Most High). This attitude can and should be incorporated into our worship everyday. I want to worship God by giving Him my "Most High" worship. I want to worship Him with all that I have. If he wants me to dance then I want to dance, if he wants me to run then I want to run, if he wants me to shout then I want to shout. Why worship this way, because He has given us everything that He has, so we need to give Him all that we have. :o

The Most High God means a lot to me as a believer, He is the God of all flesh, the possessor of heaven and earth, my ALL in ALL, the unchangeable CHANGER, my Everything, it is wonderful feeling knowing that my God, the Most High God is my Father, my daddy. This alone gives me all the reason to worship Him and adore Him with all my heart which I delight in doing. Daily as I look to Him it gives me sweet joy to worship Him just by calling His name. It gives me a sense of belonging.