JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Most High

Pastor Ralph

To me, this gives such peace and security. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that passes thru His hands without Him knowing and allowing. He is in control and ruler over ever situation that comes my way. He has power over every situation and when hard times come, I can rest assured that He is not floundering or wondering what is going on. But rather He is holding me close in His mighty palm, carefully watching me and allowing only what needs to be done to draw me closer to Him.

He has crushed my strongholds and sin thru the cross and has the power and authority to help me walk in the Spirit. He is soo much more than I can ever even begin to imagine or comprehend.

Lord, You are God Most High and I thank You for loving and caring for us. Please help us to be believing You and living out our theology in our day to day life. In Your Name, Amen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Most High. There is none higher or anything that is more powerful than Our Lord. It helps me to ponder just how big God really is, visualizing Him in human form and size. It helps me to visualize Him as so large that He holds the World in His hand. It is exciting to speak of Him as God Most High.

Meditating on this Name of God, now having a little more understanding of His aboslute majesty, and getting a glimpse of what "Supreme God" means, it is quite humbling. I certainly will use this in Worship...I feel a little like King David when he said " Who am I, O Lord GOD, and what is my house, that You have brought me this far?" Wow.

God is is perfect and sovereign over all the creation. Everything belongs to Him because He created all things. I will declare this truth in all my worship time, and I will entrust myself to Him and walk humbly and in obedience before Him. I will not question ot doubt His will and His plan for my life, because His plan is perfect whether I understand it or not.

• 4 weeks later...
Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

To me it means that His Love for me is Most High which is quite overwhelming to even think about. His ways are Most High. His Word is Most High and His power to deliver and help me is also Most High therefore He is Most Highly worthy of my total surrender, total obedience and Highest praise and worship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Col. 1:16-17

For by him were all things created that are in heaven and are in earth,visible or invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers all things are created by him and for him. And he is before all things and by him all things consist.

Most High is not only inspires reverence and praise in me but also much comfort. Recently I watched a scientific video that displayed what the scientific community knows about the universe. The pictures of the universe inspired so much awe and humbled me. It is so beautiful and vast. As I watched I remembered the words in scripture "what is man that you are mindful of him", and "the heavens declare your glory". God most high is glorious, powerful, in control of all and knows all. I remember a theory that I was taught in my science class. The professor said that it is believed that time exists on earth, but that there is a line or division somewhere in space where time does not exist. At that moment I thought about the scripture that says that "One day is like a thousand with God and a thousand like one day". God most high is a majestic creator who know the begining from the end. He not only knows the begining from the end but Loves me with an everlasting love. We are the apple of his eye. He thinks of me and you! He became flesh to reconcile us to himself. With a God this great, high, powerful, majectic and LOVING (he is love)whom then shall I fear? He will never leave me or forsake me. My trials and tribulations are for a bried moment for his purposes because he has a plan.

I will trust, follow and praise Him as the God most high above my tribulations and fears. My lips will tell of His majesty and love. Most high, high above most powerful, yet so personal that he knows every hair in my head! In my worship I will sing,trust and obey my God most high!

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

It means to me that God should be exalted held to be the all mighty Creator God of Gods, there is none to be be held higher. I had always held this to be the truth and will have to consider how best to incorporate this into my worship.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

What the Most High means to me is that there is none other higher. It is the absolute highest and the most powerful. God is the most high and He is the Most High in my life. I know that without the most high in my life I am nothing without Him and can never be anything without Him. I love the most high and want him im my life for all time. It means that I amdf loved and protected and taught what I need to be taught.

I will incorparoate this into my worship by honoring the most high and obeying what He says to obey. I will sing worship songs to Him and recognize who He is in all I do.

• 4 weeks later...

To me the title "Most High" is so inspiring, when I think of how Great and Powerful God Almight is, it brings me more closer to the maker of the Unviverse. There is none beside Him, none above Him, none beneath Him and none around Him, so powerful and none can be compared to the God Almight...

• 3 weeks later...

Most High to me is a phrase that denotes the true power and glory of God. It is not a phrase I use in my own particular worship relationship not because it is not something I recognize as truth, rather it is the concept of "most high" that brings me to my knees in awe when viewing the splendor of nature or experiencing a miracle of faith.

There are times when it feels I am stuck in the midst of chaos, confusion, deceit, and even danger. Even then I know that I can lift my voice in worship. As the song of my heart rises like an arrow and pierces the shroud of darkness around me, my praise flies straight to the throne of God Most High. Far above the din and distress of earth, God Most High can see the way through, and has the power and authority to conquer the enemy. I worship, I praise, then I wait for God Most High to clear the path to safety. I wait for His voice to say when to move and where to step. I worship God Most High and am grateful that He can see far above all when I can see nothing. And I am grateful that He provides me with safe passage. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

The Most High God to me means there is none other. He is it. He is the ultimate . He is the beginning and the ending there is no in between. He is greater than all things. You can't go above Him. He is the Supreme ruler of heaven and earth. He is just everything. No one can match Him. He is above all here and below.

I plan to incorporate Him in my daily journey as I start my day I give thanks to Him for just being who He is . I worship Him as the maker , creator and the one who allowed me to breathe another day. I worship and thank Him daily as the one who watches over me as I sleep at night. I worship Him for watching over and caring for my family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It gives me joy to know that the God I serve is The Most high when compared to all other gods served by others who are not serving the same God I serve (Jehova).

This means that My God (Jehova) is higher than every of my problems, enemies, targets and anything I can ever ask or think of.

My worship of Him will take a new focus because it is not a favour that I extend to God by worshiping him rather it is His Right that I Must worship him the best way I can and with all he has blessed me with. Knowing that the better I worship him, the more pleased he will be with me as his creature here on earth.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Most High" means to me, Supreme, None Other, Almighty. I incorporate this into my worship by acknowledging God for who He is. I address Him by this title as well. Bowing down before Him as the true King. Listening to Him and how He speaks to me through Holy Spirit is another way in which I incorporate Most High into worship.