JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Most High

Pastor Ralph

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

"Most High God" is already Who I am thinking of most when I pray or praise God. I spend time outdoors, specifically selectcing the outdoors to pray. Outside, you can't help but being overwhelmed by the presence of The Most High God as you lift your eyes to the distance, or observe the sky, or the trees, or the fields, or the ocean, or indeed any of God's larger or smaller works. Whenever I see a bird fly past, or even observe an ordinary cat or other animal walk by, my understanding is flooded and overwhelmed with the realization of the speaking evidence of God's presence, power, genius, lovingkindness. Even a common animal moves with so much grace and beauty. Observe the sheen of its coat or fetahers, or the brilliance of the design of its mechanics for movement or flight. And how much more fluid that flight is than man made flight vehicles. Even the way a bluejay dives or suddenly alters direction is breathtaking; and each variety of bird has an individual method of flight -- they are none of them the same.

As I lift my eyes in prayer and praise to God I observe these things, and I know He is The Most High God. This is the dominant way I think of God.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Q2.

Meditate on the title "Most High."

What does it mean to you?

How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

He is above all, creator of all, owner of all. As His creature, I stand in awe of our Heavenly Father. I only have to think of all the things He made on a micro scale and then everything on a macro scale, and how everything is being sustained by our Lord. It is too much for a finite mind like mine to understand. Best of all to think such a mighty God still has time to love me, a sinner! I give Him all the glory and will praise Him forever. Amen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Windy

Q2. Meditate on the title "Most High." What does it mean to you? How do you or will you incorporate it in your worship?

God Most High is the one and only true God, He and He alone is worthy to be praised. I don't understand, why He loves us. We are so unworthy of His love. It makes me see just how awesome God the Father really is, it makes me want to worship Him more. To know Him more and to obey Him, when He tells me what He wants of me.

This question actually confused me at first. To me there is no other God, there is no one but the true living God and to me Most High seems to imply higher than other Gods. So, after I clarify that in my mind I know that he is most high in my spirit, soul and mind. Most High should remind me daily that the unimportant things I busy myself with, and concerns I should not worry myself with that my life should be about worshiping and praising God as the Most High in my life. I write songs, songs only to be sung in my quiet time with God so I know that I will be incorporating Most High in these personal testaments of praise. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

God created heaven ane earth by His word. He spoke and whole creation came to be. He took initiative. We are to respond to Him. Why then in worship and prayer, should I speak more than letting Him speak? As part of worship, I will make conscious effort to be more attentive to Him throughout the day. I will focus on Him, not only when some uncontrolling situation arises, but also on ordinary day and with ordinary activities, for He may speak through ordinary things on any given day.

• 3 weeks later...

Most high means above all and I mean ALL. In my life I am humbled and blessed

that the one who created the universe and rules over His creation; not only created

little ole' me but He wants a relationship with me. Therefore, I will worship

Him in spirit and in truth, in song and deed, with my whole life and my whole being.

I am sooo grateful that He is The Most High God.

"Most High" means that there is nothing above, and everything and everyone below. What this means to me is that I serve a supreme God, and that He has my back. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. He is all in all. In worship I find myself immersed in thought as I realize the awesomeness of that thought: apart from Him there is no God! WOW! All I want to do is worship Him, exalt Him, glorify Him. I want ot be patient and loving and kind, the attributes that God has with me. When others see me, this is what I want them to see, not the worldly, sin loving creature that walked away from God, but the beautiful soul that came back and asked forgiveness, and who now desires a much closer walk with Him than ever thoguht possible. Once we figure out why God woos us, and why He chooses us, the rest falls into place. If God be for us, who can be against us?

• 1 month later...

The titile "Most High" represents an awareness of exhalted consciousness wherein the very definition of Life permeates all understanding. I incorporate this focus in worship to penetrate the very essence of Being.

• 4 weeks later...

Most High means that God is above all- creation. power and principles. He is the ONLY and SUPREME GOD. Isaiah 44:6 I am the first and I am the last, apart from me there is no God. For me that is very reassuring. I don't worship a God that is going to be replaced by some other god or someone who has to change his mind because there are somebody higher up who decides differently. I can fully trust Him. He is worthy of all our praise and adoration. We have to worship and exalt His name but we must also remember who He is- the Most High God, who is, and was and will be forever and ever. God made us so that we may proclaim his praise Is 43:21. God revealed himself through His names so that we might get a better understanding in our small minds of who He are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Most High means to me that God is so phenomenally higher than anything I can possibly imagine or dream. Above all else. I can sit on a mountain top and look down a snow covered range and be so absolutely in awe of Him that all I can do is be silent. I can talk a lot,so that is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

2. a. Most High to me means that He is the Supreme God above all gods. There is none else, he is the one and only God. Creator of the universe. The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Lord of Lords, King of Kings. The God we all should worship and adore because he upholds all things by the word of His power. The God we should love with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. The God who truly loves us, who is always with us and will never leave us or forsake us.

b. Because he is the Most High there is no end to his wonderful attributes, therefore, we can never run out of things to praise Him about. His word helps us discover who He is, therefore it is the bank of these treasures, also, the wonderful revelations He gives to us about Himself, helps us to grow up in love for Him more and more each day.

• 3 weeks later...

Most High! Wow it's sobering to say the least. There really are no words to even come close to describing what it means. In the only words I have, I will try. Most High to me means that God is higher than any of the world's gods or the gods we make for our selves. It means that God is exalted above all of creation and the created, because He is Most High creator of the heaven the earth and all that are in them. I will incorporate this in my worship by hallowing Most High God. I will go before Him with a bowed down spirit , humbled heart praising and worshiping Him acknowledging Him as Most High God El-Elyon.

• 1 month later...

God is greater high above all that i think i am, have, do, could see or imagine. i am subjected to Him and should always look up to Him alone in all situation. He is El Elyon none higher than Him. I should carry - exalt Him more than anything in this world for He is Higher than anything I could call Highest - The Most High God

• 1 month later...

Most High - there isn't anyone or anything else. It is an all encompassing term. To call God this is to place God in His proper place in our lives. Calling Him MOST HIGH is to relinquish all of our feeble attempts to be perfect and allow to perfect Himself in us. It is to give up our rights, agendas, motives, ideals, preconceived notions and to accept His perfect will for us.

The act of calling Him MOST HIGH is in itself worship. Acknowledging Him as such sets the stage for a true, intimate, and deep worship. It is the acknowledgment that without Him, you cannot even breath.

I often think on the awesomeness of the Lord but forget to think about Him being Most High. To me is reminds me how much we need to put him first in our lives as He is above everything. The Lord and everything about Him should be put first in our thoughts. Looking at my life and everything around me my Most High Lord is in control. Nothing is above Him or beyond Him. What a feeling of security when I incorporate that in my worship of the Lord. In prayer I am going to remember the fact that the Lord is the Lord Most High creator of all things.

Most High - there isn't anyone or anything else. It is an all encompassing term. To call God this is to place God in His proper place in our lives. Calling Him MOST HIGH is to relinquish all of our feeble attempts to be perfect and allow to perfect Himself in us. It is to give up our rights, agendas, motives, ideals, preconceived notions and to accept His perfect will for us.

The act of calling Him MOST HIGH is in itself worship. Acknowledging Him as such sets the stage for a true, intimate, and deep worship. It is the acknowledgment that without Him, you cannot even breath.

[bAmen][/b]

What does the title "Most High" means to me is that God is the King of Kings and ruler in heaven. We acknowledge God for what he done for us was that we worship his name.

"Most High" to me means that nothing is or can be higher than our lord Jesus Christ. He is the highest of kings and the lord of everything. I will incoporate this into my worship by using it in my prayer.

I thought often of the title Most High during this study and especially during my worship I was just overwhelmed with the idea that the maker of heaven and earth had time for me. Most of the time I feel so insignificant but while thinking of this I began to realize how important I was to the Lord ...it was just an eye opener to me and I am ever so thankful and grateful to the Lord Most High.

Majesty worship His Majesty

Unto Jesus, be all glory,

Power and praise

Majesty, Kingdom authority

Flow from His throne,

Unto his own, His anthem raise.

So exalt, lift up on high

The Name of Jesus

Magnify, come glorify,

Christ Jesus the King

Majesty, worship His Majesty

Jesus who died, now glorified,

King of all Kings.

• 5 weeks later...

To me Most High is God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the Ruler of all things. I will love the Lord all the days of my life, I will give Him thanks and Praises because He loved us so much he gave us His Son to save us. I will love the Lord and will continue to worship Him and pray to Him through our Saviour Christ Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

I will honor God above all else through worshiping him for his goodness and supremacy..He is the ultimate in my life and I am truly in awe of Him...Most High means that there is none other that is above Him...He is worthy...truly..deeply worthy of my all.