JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. High and Lofty One

Pastor Ralph

Q3. Meditate on the phrase "High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy...." (Isaiah 57:15, RSV). What do you learn about God from this phrase? How should this affect your outlook on life, your way of conducting yourself?
If He is the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity and if He has us in the palm of His Hand then we should have complete trust in Him and never ever fear anything. We know that He is the One with the Highest Power, Highest Wisdom, Highest Authority, Highest Love and we can find rest in the assurance that He will never change. We should and can live lives that honor and glorify Him and reflect Who He is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. Meditate on the phrase "High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy...." (Isaiah 57:15, RSV). What do you learn about God from this phrase? How should this affect your outlook on life, your way of conducting yourself?

With the Lord there is neither beginning of days, nor end of life, nor change of time. His name is holy, and all must know him as a holy God. He will have tender regard to those who bring their mind to their condition, and dread his wrath. He will make his abode with those whose hearts he has thus humbled, in order to revive and comfort them. we serve a God who is holy so we should be holy as well.the bible say he created us in his image therefore we should try as much as possibble to stay away from sin,sin is one only thing that disconnects us from the most high.we rebelled against the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity and whose name is holy.that the rebellious people would return -- is possible because, even though God is unapproachable in holiness, yet he condescends to live with crushed and humble people. And when he lives with them they will be revived. They will return crushed and humbled by their sin, and God will come to them and give them a new lease on life -- for ever.we should always stay with God no matter what.

With the Lord there is neither beginning of days, nor end of life, nor change of time. His name is holy, and all must know him as a holy God. He will have tender regard to those who bring their mind to their condition, and dread his wrath. He will make his abode with those whose hearts he has thus humbled, in order to revive and comfort them. we serve a God who is holy so we should be holy as well cos the bible say he created us in his image therefore we should try as much as possibble to stay away from sin,sin is one only thing that disconnects us from the most high.we rebelled against the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity and whose name is holy.that the rebellious people would return -- is possible because, even though God is unapproachable in holiness, yet he condescends to live with crushed and humble people. And when he lives with them they will be revived. They will return crushed and humbled by their sin, and God will come to them and give them a new lease on life -- for ever.we should always stay with God no matter what.
i love you lord and i give you my all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I learn from this phrase that our God is El Elyon, the exalted God, the High and Lofty who inhabits eternity. To inhabit eternity that is a tough topic to wrap my human brain around that from the beginning before anything God was there. As I heard the story told one time for those who are sporting fans if you set down to watch a game how often do you know what the end results will be, when the game starts and during the game. For us as Christians we know in the end at tribulation God wins, how can you fail to be on the winning team with this information?

How can you look at the this wonderful earth and everything that it contains and not believe that someone wonderful was in charge of making it all happen.

I learn from this phrase that God is the Lofty One, there is One no other, just God. He is the High God, God of all for ever and ever, eternity, and his name is Holy.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

The High and Lofty one means to me that He is the Most High and mighty God of the world. He knows everything and is in control of all things. The High and Lofty one represents the greatest God in all the world.

This is the God that controls all things and the God who loves and creates all things. God is the Mighty one and I am glad that He loves me.

It should make me glad to live and to praise the Lord even more. I see the good things and can do all things through this Lord.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

God is God, so highly lifted up, I ambrace His Awesomeness, Holy is My God...sometimes as a worship leader, I fear and tremble as I enter his presence for He is highly exalted.

• 3 weeks later...

Eternal and Holy. My favorite word in worship is Holy. I can repeat Holy, holy, holy, holy without tiring. When I remember that He is holy, then I immediately let go of all of my burdens and in reverence lay prostrate before Him. In the presence of the Holy One there are waves of endless peace, vast rivers of love, followed by bountiful springs of joy and hope. Holy, holy, holy is our God.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whenever I think about God's perfection and power, I am amazed to realize that he loves and cares for me. It gives me comfort to know that God is, was and always will be, he is constant and we can depend on Him. I try to remember each day that I am a representative of God's love and mercy; that doesn't mean that I am always successful but it is the underlying goal in my life to conduct myself in a way that glorifies God.

• 3 weeks later...

"High and Lofty One who inhabites eternity, whose name is Holy" my reflection of this description of God is that He is High (not low like other gods). He is with great honour as he is highly placed.

Unlike all other living Beings God lives "inside eternity"; he has no begining or ending.

His name is

1. Holy. that is he can be called "Holy" as his name/title.

2. Holy as in a qaulity possessed by his name. a being can have a name which is defiled, currupt, unclean, etc but for God his name is Holy/pure/clean/perfect/complete.

My outlook in life hinges on the hope of spending eternity with him. At the back of my mind and always before me is that believe that after living my life here on earth for him, I will be blessed with eternal life which would be spent with him wherever he is.

In conducting myself each day, I bear in mind that the name of God is Holy and must not be taken for granted or in vain. If I must call that name, it should be in such a way that exalts God.

• 2 weeks later...

To me,the most amazing thing about this passage from Isaiah is not simply that God is so incredibly majestic, exalted, eternal and truly "Holy"--but that the God who is "all" this, and who exists eternally in this state of exalted, majestic holiness, is also with "him who is contrite and lowly in spirit," and that he revives the "spirit of the lowly" and "the heart of contrite." This God chooses to leave, if you will, His "place" of exalted majesty, loftiness and holiness to "minister" to the lowly and contrite--you and me--out of compassion and love. One cannot truly appreciate the "majesty" of God without understanding His compassion and love! How this God simply "dazzles" me with His Majesty and Glory, and humbles me with His love and compassion; how could we not love such a God?

• 4 weeks later...

Names of God: 1. God Most High‏

In this phrase from the book of the prophet Isaiah one reads of Isaiah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Most High God is the High and Lofty One, Who says,

"I am holy"

He has also said to us,

"Be holy, as I am holy."

This leaves no question as to what I must be. It answers every question and every decision. When this command is my superseding principle, when this is written on my forehead, then I cannot even consider sin. My way is straight.

But all we, as sheep, have gone astray. Our minds are weak and we are easily confused even if our intent were perfect which it is not. The only way we can be holy as He is holy is to live within Him, in faith and belief in His gift to us. That gift is Jesus our Savior. Isaiah 57:15 continues with "I dwell in the high and lofty place with him that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones." Jesus was broken by the Lofty one so that we, if we are broken, can be saved.

That God is the most high and almighty, He is every where at all times. This affects my out look in life as a life full favor and abundants.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3.

Meditate on the phrase "High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy...." (Isaiah 57:15, RSV).

What do you learn about God from this phrase?

How should this affect your outlook on life, your way of conducting yourself?

He is exalted, above everything. There is none like Him. My finite mind cannot even begin to comprehend His greatness. It humbles me, His creature, to know that He cares. I don

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Windy

God is above all, God is so great, we can not imagine, just how great He is! It amazes me, that He loves us, He is so good to us. He has always been and will always be, and it will be fantastic to live in His presents for eternity. To see God face to face, to really see what we know in our hearts and mines, will be such and experiences.

There is a saying, "To the world you maybe one person, but to one person you maybe the world". We need to keep this in mind. We need to reflect, Christ to those around us, by everything that we do. I'm not saying be perfect, we can't be, we are human, but we can be as close as possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To look at God who is High and Lofty and inhabits eternity I must go back to verse 14. It tells us what we are to do because he is our God.

This God who is in the highest of the high places and has no beginning and no end; whose very name is holy; asks us who are the lowliest of the low,

sinners, mortal, of no name to speak of; to prepare the way for His coming. How does that affect my life. Humbly serving Him and Him alone throughout my days.

Seeking His desires for me, and constantly being awake to what is set for me to do to prepare the way for Him to reign in this kingdom as much as the kingdom to come.

• 2 months later...

Encompassing Eons of existence..."As was from the Beginning so shall be in the End"...reflecting a reality without Time where the sinews of consciousness meet and form to manifest the Golden Rays of Love. This in turn should affect acts which mirror this conception with Realization.

• 4 weeks later...

High and lofty One means he is exalted. Lofty means high in the air, of imposing height, towering, exalted in rank,affecting grandness, elevated in character. God is the most high and the most exalted being in the universe. His name is holy, his nature is holy and his holiness is displayed in all his works. He is the source of holiness to all the creatures and creation. There is none like Him. I can lift up my hands in praise and adoration because He is worthy of all praise.

He is forever, without beginning and there will never be an end. I am just a vapor, a blade of grass, with one glance He sees my beginning and my end and I should live a life that honors Him. I can put my trust in Him knowing that he knows all my tomorrows and because Jesus paid my price, one day I will see Him face to face in all his glory and with the angels I will sing Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty.