JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Rights of the Maker

Pastor Ralph

Guest Windy

Q2. What inherent rights does a Potter, Creator, or Maker have over what he has created? How should that effect our lives, our self-image, our sense of purpose?

The Potter is the owner of the vessel, his creates. He can do as He wishes with it. But our Potter loves us and wants the best for us. We can have confidence, that our God will direct us. He had plans for us before we were created. We should feel honored that God loves us, which should make us want to honor and serve Him, that much more.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. What inherent rights does a Potter, Creator, or Maker have over what he has created? How should that effect our lives, our self-image, our sense of purpose?

When you create something it is part of you, you put the best of you in this creation...as creator has the ultimate authority over our lives, but leaves the best part of himself in the creation.

We should become more christ-like to honor our creator, that should be our self imaga and our sense of purpose. :D

• 3 months later...

God is the creator and builder of everything and everyone. That means everything belongs to Him. God created me, He is perfect and His will for my life is perfect. When He created me, He had something in mind for my life and have a specific purpose for my life. We are created in the image of God and that should affect our self image in a positive way- God has impart some of Himself in me. My purpose is to yield to Him, to learn to know Him and to Love Him so that He can show me the way and in that way my life can be a blessing to Him and to the people around me. How much of God do the people see when they look at me?

The Potter, Creator, or Maker holds ALL rights over His creation. He is in control, He creates according to His purposes. Our image is established in and a reflection of Him. Our sense of purpose should line up with His. The world tells us our purpose is to succeed and attain material wealth, social status and respect. This is generally an exercise in futility as everyone has his own view of success. Our Potter has created us with a purpose that has been planned for us in the beginning. Instead of chasing man's futile purpose, we should be following our Maker, walking in His plan and discovering His purpose for us. That "success" has eternal value with rewards waiting for us.

• 4 weeks later...

Creation is rendered by structures based on their inherent qualities....this is the right or representation of the molecularization...or thought co-agulation if you will....expressing these very parts mirrors our lives, our self-image and our sense of purpose....

2. a. He has all rights as Creator, Maker and Potter. We are made in the image of God for His purposes. He upholds all things by the word of His power. He knew us before we were formed in our mother's womb. He knows our every thought, what we will say before we say it, or do before we do it. What an awesome God, what a Creator, Maker, Potter, Savior.

b.Our lives are effected because he made us and breathed into us the breath of life when we were born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, our self image knowing that He loves us, is with us and he has a plan and purpose for our life.

• 2 months later...

He has the right of ownership over us as the work of his hand no one can question Him what he does with us as we are his idea in the first place and only him know why he made us and what he expect from us. He has power over us that no one can challenge. We should just realize this fact humble ourselves and submit to his will for our lives. In the actual fact God created us out of love, for specific purpose, this great love he has for us made him to put his breath in us, He looked at all He made and was happy because they were beautiful. We should therefore appreciate this love and intent for us forgetting about all ideas of our own we may have, not questioning Him at any time but rather seek Him to know His purpose of creating us and do all He want.

• 1 month later...

He has the right to do everything. God does whatever he wants to create us all. It should effects our lives, self-image,and sense of purpose because God made a man from sand or dirt from the beginning of the Bible, so when God created us, we should be thanking him for everything that he ever created.

What inherent rights does a Potter, Creator, or Maker have over what he has created? How should that effect our lives, our self-image, our sense of purpose?

the maker has all rights to do what ever he wants. this should effect our lives becasue what we are doing is not what he wants. self-image is effect by what we look like and if he likes it, our purpose is effect becasue the same as the others

He has every right over what he has created. That should affect us in every way! I mean if God crerated us then he has the right to make us any kind of person he wants.

• 1 month later...

The creator has all rights over what He created. He owes it and without him the creation would not be. Our lives should be for the one whom created us ...we should see ourselves as the one that created us see us...He sees us as good...and our purpose is for whatever our creator wants it to be but the one thing we need to focus on is that we were created for a reason and a purpose by one who loves us.

• 2 months later...

The Creator has ALL rights (in-born, natural, etc.), over what He has created. No one else can claim what the Creator has made. Man can’t claim to have made himself, the heavens, earth, or things therein (skies, dirt, sun, moon, stars, etc.). We should come to understand that we are not our own. We didn’t make ourselves. Therefore, we belong to a higher power than our own, created for a purpose also not our own.

• 4 weeks later...

We are rediculously kidding ourselves thinking we have any right to anything "we" create. It is only created by God and loaned to us.

• 1 year later...

He is Lord over the created thing. We should look to God, who made us fr our total existence. We were made in His image, ( Genesis 1:27). Therefore, we are fearfully  and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)

New International Version (NIV)

We have purpose because God has told us, I 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

• 3 months later...

Q2. What inherent rights does a Potter, Creator, or Maker have over what he has created?

He has the right to use what He has created for whatever suits His purpose.

How should that effect our lives, our self-image, our sense of purpose?

Well, it should keep us humble for starters. In the book of James we're told to rejoice if God lifts us up AND when He brings us low. God isn't beholden to any man. If we're in a position of privelege it's because of the grace of God. He's allowed us to prosper, or helped us to prosper, and if that's the case we owe it to God to use such a priveleged postion to further His Kingdom. If we're not so well off, we still owe our very existence to God and should be available for Him to work through us.

• 1 year later...

Q2. What inherent rights does a Potter,Creator or Maker have over his what he has created?

Because he exists in what he has created. We are the masterpiece beautifully made and formed in his image.He can use us as an instrument for whatever purpose he desires.

How should that affect our lives,our self image, or sense of purpose? Because our God is Good, so whatever he has created is good.We need to believe and see the positivity in ourselves by giving God thanks.

• 1 year later...

The Names of God.. Lesson 4.

Q2. What inherent rights does a Potter, Creator, or Maker have over what He has created?

He has every right and privilege over His creation. However, Adam and Eve chose Satan over obedience to God our Creator. They fell. He sent His Son to redeem or "buy us back" and to deliver us from hell. We are now in a position to choose Him or not because He has given us the same free will. This was a huge risk, because not everyone will choose Him. Those who deny His ownership will be deformed or marred in purpose and will never attain the beauty He had in mind for them, nor will they spend eternity with a loving Father, but will live in hell having been judged for their choice to reject His Gift.Those of us who choose Him, willingly surrender to His ownership, because we know that He is love and His purposes are higher than our purposes, and though the shaping and molding continues throughout our lives and may be painful at times, He has promised that we will be like Him "at that day". All will be revealed someday. Our questions answered. Our lives will reveal His wisdom. 

How should that effect our lives, our self image, our sense of purpose?

Our Lives may be lived to honor and glorify Him and to reflect His love and goodness to others or if we are rebellions and stubborn we may live a self centered life where we seek our own plans and goals apart from Him. He give us that freedom. It's obvious how we should live, as in the final outcome there will be rewards for those who do live for Him. Our self image should be that of one who knows he/she is loved, was created in love, and is beautiful in His eyes regardless of the whims of society. Our sense of purpose can be an exciting adventure when lived one day at a time, one moment at a time as He leads us in the path He has chosen for us, knowing that each day is spent in His Presence and care and that He knows the way which will lead us Home.

• 2 years later...

As Potter, Creator or Maker, He has the prerogative to form, create, make as He wills and as He pleases. But He is not an arrogant, abusive or egoist Potter, Creator, or Maker. He loves us so much that He bent backwards, so to speak, to redeem us.  

Clay by itself has no value and is relatively worthless. But in the hands of the Potter, with a picture in His mind, it would become something of beauty when He is at work on it. For He is in the business of making beauty for ashes. So when we know that He is doing something with our lives, we should be glad that He is at work on us to bring about something of value in us. This should boost our confidence, knowing the One who can make all things beautiful in its time is at work in our lives. The knowledge that we are precious to Him would help us to humbly submit to His authority over us and know that He is able to perfect that which concerns us and the good word He has begun in our lives, He is faithful to complete it to perfection.

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2006 at 5:50 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

The Potter/Creator/Maker can mold/create/make whatever He wants. He can decide its design, the purpose for it, and what to make it out of. He has ownership rights over what He makes. God is the Potter/Creator/Maker of all things and He has created us. When we allow Him to work in our lives, He molds us and makes us into the image that He wants us to be.

Knowing that we belong to God, we need to live our lives the way He intended us to live. Our sense of purpose is to be more Christ-like in all we do.

• 11 months later...

The Potter,, Creator, or Maker has the right to create whatever comes into his mind. He can ultimately decide what it should look like and be able to do. He has ultimate patent or ownership on his creation and chooses who to sell it to as well. Until he sells it he has all rights to it; once it is sold the buyer has all rights to the titem.

We have to understand that we are not our own. He created us and Jesus bought us with His precious blood. That once we are saved we need to focus on doing what God wants us to do. That if we make bad choices that is our fault not His. He allows things to happen to us to bring us back to Him; everything that happens is for our good and His glory. If we waste our lives it is our own fault.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2006 at 9:50 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

The Potter, Creator, Maker has every right over what He has created because it belongs to Him.  It is His own to do with as He likes.  No one has the right to tell  Him what, how, when or where, to do with His creation.

Knowing that I belong to my Creator causes me to breathe with a sigh of relief and a sense of belonging/being owned.  Knowing who my Maker is and knowing that I am His gives me such sweet confidence in who I am and Whose I am.  I do not have any reason to worry about anything because I know that He cares for me.  1 Peter 5: 7 says "Cast your cares upon Him for He cares for you."  And to back that, there is Philippians 4: 6, 7 which instructs me not to 'be anxious about anything, but ...'   In Him, I can face any situation confidently, knowing that His eyes are on me.  I can go through this life with a pep in my steps, the peace of God in my heart, and the joy of the LORD as my song.  Knowing that I am His and He is mine is my strength in doing whatever it is that I have to do, according to my calling.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2006 at 8:50 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. What inherent rights does a Potter, Creator, or Maker have over what he has created? How should that effect our lives, our self-image, our sense of purpose? Our Father and Creator has authority over our lives from the time He breathed us into being. That means from that moment on, He knew what we were to become, and how we would live out our lives. Knowing this, I think we should rest easy knowing that the life He pre-ordained for us is serving Him in love, faith and honor no matter what personal aspirations we have. The unique and intricate nature of our lives is the perfect canvas in which we draw upon our faith to worship our Creator.

• 6 months later...

God has the rights to reveal to us through the Holy Bible as to how we are to conduct ourselves during our earthly pilgrimages.  We are not our own.   By the precious blood of Jesus Christ we have been translated from the darkness of this fallen world to the Kingdom of God.  The prophet Ezekiel had the revelation of the Millenial Temple (Ezekiel 40-48).   Very concise measurements are used.  Even the future sacrifices and certain features of the future Temple vary from the directives in the Book of Exodus.   His vision was to engender within the hearts of the people a holy and humble attitude toward Mighty God.  The people of God would be the bearers of the Shekinah glory of God.  Formerly dry bones in death valley but to be bearers of their Maker in this world.  The false idols and the nations that persecuted Israel would be cast into Sheol.

We need to ask ourselves periodically have we abandoned ourselves to God?  During the dark nites of the soul when things go haywire, we feel lost, all we can do is to lay all on the altar.  The well known Serenity Prayer illustrates my thoughts

• 1 year later...

God has every right to do as he pleases because he has always been and always will be. He has always existed. He is all knowing. We are not all knowing. That says enough in itself on the Rights he has. 

We have to realize that we already have a pre- planned destiny for each of our lives. When we look at ourselves we must realize that we didn't create ourselves but we do have to answer to our Creator on how we spent our lives on earth.