JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Submitting to the King

Pastor Ralph

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

The personal implications are, because the Messiah, our Bridegroom, has made it possible for us to serve God, the King over all, the first and most important personal implication is for us to SEEK His Kingdom and His righteousness first.

Because He is King, He has control over all things, He can give to us what we need; But we must always seek His will first for our lives, why? because He knows what is best for us.

What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King?

The greatest advantage is, He who is King over all the nations, He is my King, and He is in control of my life; that is a great advantage and a great honor;

However, I must always remember, because He is the great King, He deserves to be worshipped, He is a righteous God and King, and for me to worship Him, I must strive to live a life of faith, of righteousness.

What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis?

My walk with the great King, who sits on the throne of my life, is a daily walk. I submit to Him, the first reason being, I have great respect and love for who He is, He is the great King, and can you imagine, He wants what is best for me.

The great King desires to have a personal relationship with me, His servant, And for me to do so, brings me to the second reason, I have submitted my life to Him, submission seen in my obedience to Him. My obedience will be seen in how I live each day, and how I show His love, that lives in me.

How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

A person rejects Yahweh from being King over them, by living a life of disrespect for Him and for the Love He sent, His Son, Jesus. :angry:

• 1 month later...
Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

The personal implication is Yahweh being my King, my Lord , and my Savior. To know that He is in full control of my life. The advantages is knowing that I am willing to submit my life completely to Him because I know He has my best interest in His hand. He knows what is best for my life. I love submitting to God on a daily basis because I know He will lead and guide me in the way that I should go, He is always with me, all I have to do is call on His name. I know my every need is met. I love, worship, praise, and give my Lord the glory and honor for being who He is. A person can reject the King by denying who He is, by wanting to go their way a lot of the time, not letting God have full control of their lives, not believing His word, taking Him at His word. I think must of all by not fellowshiping with our Lord everyday and listening to what He wants us to know and learn.

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

Yahweh is King. This means He is sovereign. Unlike an earthly king, Yahweh does not make errors in judgment nor is He ever unfair. His laws are everlasting and unchanging. We can trust that He will do what He said He would do.

The advantage of being a subject of Yahweh is that we have all the protection of His promises. When we submit to His Kingship, we can fulfill His plan for our lives and reign eternally with Him. Being a loyal subject to the King is voluntary. We can reject Him by refusing to acknowledge Him as our King.

Jesus is Messiah sent from God. Messiah refers to a future King of Israel. He would be from the linage of David. The followers of Jesus, while He was on earth, believed that He would set up an earthly kingdom. We now understand that His present kingdom is in the hearts of men. When He comes again, He will set up His kingdom and be King of King and Lord of Lords forever. Hallelujah!

Reva

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

The Lord is my Sovereign ruler. I am no longer in control of my life, He is. I have surrendered to His authority and His care, love and forgiveness. My steps are ordered by the Lord, and one foot in front of the other He is leading me to fulfill His plan and destiny for me.

The advantages are that I have all of the benefits of my Eternal King...I'm joint heir with Christ, I'm His forever, I'm not on my own...orphaned....I am His child and all that this implies, from love to discipline and training. My life has purpose and meaning because I'm His.

It means that when I wake up, I'm His to lead and guide...it means that my will is subject to His, which requires obedience and my flesh to be crucified. I renew my mind with what He thinks...His Word, and speak His Word when given the opportunity.

By exerting one's will and refusing to let Him rule...He will not force His will on anyone...we must ask Him to be Lord and Savior and choose to submit to His Kingship.The sad implication in rejecting Him, is that He becomes one's judge, having given up the right to His advocacy.

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

Yahweh is my King and I serve Jesus, the Messiah, sent from God. So then, I honor Him as King through my worship and my praise of appreciation and through prayers of many sorts. Jesus is the Promised One, the Messiah, the Anointed One of God so I, as a heathen not a Jew, decided to trust Him as my Savior from sin and Lord. Because He is my King, my heart of love for Him, leads me continually to serve Him in the ways He gives me. He is sovereign ruler in my life...it is reassuring that I can go to the Lord of All for His wisdom and guidance moment by moment!!!

What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? I trust Him to do for me what He says He will do...to provide for me in every way. He can be trusted and He is faithful to His promises. This is HIS kingdom and I am privileged to live and serve in it.

What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? Worship, thanksgiving, prayer, dependence on His promises--His Word.

How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her? By simply not being grateful to Him (Rom 1) and living a self-serving life---typical Americanese. If the heart is opened by the Spirit and faith is applied to the Word they hear, they can be saved and Yahweh becomes their King. Otherwise, the are lost in their sin.

GOD as King means He is supreme ruler in all areas of my life. GOD owns all things and gives as He deems best.

submission to and, understanding GOD is ruler. Jesus being Messiah means He has come to deliver us from the bondage of slavery to sin.

He has come to set us free!!!

Being subject to GOD as King allows me to have access to all that He has and owns.

To submit to GOD on a daily basis means to put Him first in all that I do. That the plan that GOD has for me should be my first priorities. He is king and His commands are unretractable to be followed out completely.

We reject GOD as king by serving self and living prideful seeking selfish gain and prosperity.

We should be seeking His kingdom and allow GOD to give us the rest.

• 4 months later...

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

That I have an absolute authority and I will be held accountable. I live in His kingdom, and under His rule.

Protection. A King who knows and sees all. Care and provision.

It means I don't always get my way; that I may have to do things against my fleshly desires. It means my life is in service to Him; my life should not just service me.

By diliberately disobeying Him.

Yahweh, the great I AM, is the great I AM in my life. His holiness and sovereignty has never changed and how He was to the people of the Old Testament, is how He is to me today. He is the one constant in my life. Jesus is Yahweh's gift to me. So Jesus is very precious to me and the blood that He shed for me to cleanse me from my sin when I accepted Him as my personal Saviour, is the blood that protects me and is the driving force in my life because it is LOVE. As a subject of Jahweh as my King, I am His in that my allegiance is to Him and therefore He has me under His wing all the time. He has given me the privilege to enter His throne room at any time and I don't need a special invitation to talk with Him. I am a joint heir with Jesus so Yahweh accepts me because of this. I try my best to submit to the King every moment of my life because He is sovereign and He deserves the praise and honour and glory that I give to Him. When I submit to Him, He is able to mould me according to His purpose for my life. If I don't submit, He can't do much, if anything with me, and I will not mature as His child. If a person refuses to let Yahweh as King be soverign in their lives, they reject Him because they become their own mini god or they are serving another god instead, be it money, hedonism, etc

• 1 month later...

The personal implication of Yahweh being my King and Jesus being my Messiah is that I can no longer hide in my old self that was once clothed in darkness. If I am the King's subject, then I must be obedient to Him. It is my duty to humble myself to Him everyday and give up my desires for the desires of His heart. Otherwise, I am rejecting His lordship over my life.

• 8 months later...

He is the King so we have to obey.

He is the greatest King so He can always help us in greatest danger (Isaiah 43:1-2).

Personal note: in real life He just doesn't do that.

Well, I try do to what He wants - for example not swearing at people who hurt me.

People who reject Him as their King will go to hell.

• 4 months later...

Names of God: Lesson 6

The implications of accepting the Kingship of YAHWEH are massive. They are utterly life changing. It is the souls acceptance of the One who made us. It is the child acknowledging the Father. Accepting Jesus as the Messiah sent by YAHWEH the Father is to acknowledge The Word of God.

For us humans the advantage of accepting YAHWEH as King is that we have a home with the One who created us. We have returned in our wills to He who is Sovereign of the Universe. It is being on the path to recovery from original sin. Also, we have the Promise made by Jesus that we will be part of the Kingdom of Yahweh to come and the Good News of Resurrection and eternal life in the LORDS Kingdom.

To submit to the King in every day life is seeking Him everyday, to consciously acknowledge Him in all our waking hours. It is to pray to Him and to try as best we can to follow His Word in the Teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus gave us an idea of this when He told us the two most important Commandments to follow are to love the LORD with all our being and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

Rejection of Yahweh is when we abandon the teachings of His Son, when we deliberately go against His Commandments. It is when we do our own will without consideration of what the LORD requires of His subjects. It is really rebelling against the King as a subject. It is sinning, which we are all guilty of. Yet, though we are sinners, if we keep having the will to allow Our Fathers will to be done, then we are giving our lives to Him as subjects of His Kingdom. We all must face judgment, so the Bible tells us, and we should rely on the very Fact that Our King forgives but only as we forgive others. Forgiveness and being non judgmental are our two greatest allies in our battle with sin. Love and Faith are our Power from the Most High through the Word of His Son and through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

• 1 month later...

To have Yahweh as my King and Jesus as my Messiah sent from God is to have a personal intimate walk with each of them as my Father and Saviour who through His death and resurrection I have received eternal life with God and Him in Heaven.

The advantages of being the subject or child of the King is that I will enjoy all that He has to offer me if I am obedient to His Will for my life, and submit to His commandments or instructions for my life. In Matthew 6:31, God has promised that if I seek Him first and His righteousness, He will give me what I need to live in this present life, according to His Will.

Matthew 6:31-34 - "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (KJV

A person rejects Yahweh from being King over him or her when they are disobedient and will not submit to His commandments or instructions for living, and refuses to follow His commands.

• 4 weeks later...

Q2.

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

Yahweh being my King means I owe allegiance to Him. I

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Windy

Since Yahweh is my King, I am His subject, I owe Him my all. My life is His to do with as He wills. I know, He loves me and wants me to love Him, freely. I do my best to obey His laws, to honor Him and worship Him. I am His servant. He sent His perious son, Jesus, to suffer and die in my place. I have His promise of a hope and a future, Jere 29:11.

I submit myself daily, to His will, and wait for His instructions. I am in His Word daily and listen for His commands. We should be in constant prayer, day by day, believing He will answer. When we live by faith, we should not give up. If God doesn't answer right away, He has a good reason. When we persist in prayer, we grow in character.

To reject God as your King, is to be friends with the devil, and headed for hell.

• 4 months later...

As Messiah Jesus reconciled us with God, we are now His brothers and sisters, but just as Jesus totally submitted His will to the Father, we must also submit our will to Yahweh The King of Kings. Even though we are His children, we are te be His servants, ready to do His will and commands. God is good, His will is perfect, He does not change and that is very comforting. We can serve Him out of love and not fear. Every day we should be open to His council and learn from His word what

He expect us to do and to listen to the Holy Spirit who wants to lead us.

When we deliberately refuse to do His will and rather choose to follow after the world or decide to life our life the way we want without considering what the will of God is, we reject Yahweh as our king

• 3 months later...

The personal implication of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God is a relationship of inner being, of Spirit and Yahweh having sent a Man such as Jesus who understood the meaning of Yahweh and could readily relay this personal Spiritual relationship with Yahweh expressed the Magnificence and Love Yahweh has for the Human Race and the Earth and Universe as a Whole.

• 3 weeks later...

The personal implications of Yahweh being my King and Jesus being the Messiah sent from God is that I am His subject and need to totally submit to His will for my life. I don't really have a life of my own but that the life I now live is by faith in Him. He is in charge of my life. To be able to submit to His will I really need to know about Him and what He require from me and with the help of the Holy Spirit will be able to do them. To submit to the King on an everyday basis means to ask Him daily to come and rule over my life, consult Him daily, listen to what He says and with the help of the Holy Spirit obey. When we don,t seek God to know who He is and what He want from us and do them, then we are telling Him we are in charge of our lives which is impossible as He created us and knows what we are and will be.

• 5 months later...

We the people are not in charge, can’t do our own will, and must be obedient (though we all don’t realize it). Jesus died to save the world from sin but, only those who accept and acknowledge Him for who He and what He did are saved. One then has to live a structured lifestyle that is pleasing to Yahweh. In other words, one can’t live a life that is pleasing to God and hold on to worldly things; you can’t have two masters. With Yahweh as our King means everlasting life with Him. His Son takes on our burdens, iniquities, worries, cares of the world ….. “sin” -- if we bend our knees and wills to serve Him. We submit ourselves to Yahweh the King by dying to self, spending time with Him (reading, studying, praying), and living a lifestyle that is pleasing to Him. To reject Him means to not accept Him or things of Him, not spending time with Him, and choosing worldly things over Him.

• 2 weeks later...

For years I struggled with this question until God found me and told me he sent Jesus for his people and that includes me. Now I know that Jesus was sent from the Father and daily I submit to him to lead me the way he wants me to go. Rejection comes from denial tonot thithing.

• 3 months later...

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis?

The personal implications means I have to align my daily living according to his Word. I have to submit to His will for my life. I have been a Christian for more than 20 years. It was not easy at the begninning. It is easier now as I learnt, over the years, to surrender to Him. I cant actually say I am 100 percent obedient. I am stilll learning everyday. There are days I succeed and there are days of struggle. Though all this I can conclude that God is merciful and faithful, inspite of all my failings. And because of his faithfulness, I learn to cast more of my cares upon him and I worry less. I feel closer to God.

1) By not spending time with God through prayer and reading His Word

2) By completely disregarding his commandmants

3) By taking matters into his own hands and seeking the counsel and approval of man

4) By turning God's grace into a license for living sinfully

5) By blaming God when things go wrong in their lives

• 1 year later...

In our personl lives it means that decisions are based not on our own will or desires, but on Biblical principles and on what we know of God's plans for us. We are to be mindful of Jesus' sacrifice for our salvation and we should be careful not to grieve the Holy Spirit by rebelling against God's will.

God ALWAYS knows what's in our best interests and by subjecting ourselves to His rule and His will for our lives we will be blessed in the way God desires to bless us.

Submitting to God as the King of my life means that I should consider everything I do in the light of His Word.

By willfully going our own way in opposition to God's will when we know full well what we should be doing.

• 1 year later...

The personal implications of Yahweh being my King and Jesus being the Messiah sent from God is to know God personally. To have a relationship with him. Yahweh as my King, signifies he is my ruler and does not make laws and later break them. He is consistent and constant. He is justice and truth and is the supreme Ruler over everything that I do. I believe that Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords; he is God who was manifested in flesh.therefore the laws and rules are the same yesterday, today and forever.

The advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as king are his promises to me are sure; he is my rock and my provider.

My submission to the King on an everyday basis means I can talk to him, walk with him and leave my burdens with him. He is trustworthy and offers protection and comfort when everyone fails. I hon our him and try to live by faith in him as Abraham and others did.A person reject Yahweh because they don't know about his love and commandments.

• 1 year later...

A. Jesus is the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity. He is King of King and Lord of Lords, and has always been and will always be. The personal implication for me is that He is due my life, my worship and praise, my obedience, and all that I am and have been given. I have surrendered all to my my Lord, my Savior, and my Sovereign King. As such I am his child, and subject to His dominion by choice.

B. The advantages are that I am not in control, He is. I am responsible TO my family members but not responsible FOR them...they are His. I am His beloved daughter, no longer held guilty for sin....all have been washed clean, past, present, and future. When I do sin (but never want to), He gently convicts me and I repent with gratitude for His gentleness in my life. Another blessing or advantage, is that He is always with me...in me, around me and will never leave me nor forsake me, so I am never forgotten, never abandoned, always loved. Guidance and correction and comfort are always available. His power resides in me, so I am no longer without help or strength. Too many more to list!

C. Submission on a daily basis means that I recognize that He is God and King, and I am not...I am His through His loving purchase in blood. My gratitude for being rescued from sin and from myself, surrenders willingly to His Lordship, knowing that everything He does is for my good and His glory.

D. To reject Him as King over one, requires a conscious decision to pursue ones own will, regardless of what He desires. There are many born again Christians who are saved in name only, and who refuse to surrender to Him as Lord. (My surrender has been often and difficult, much of the time. Due to abuse as a child it took years to trust that He means only what is good for me. The first surrenders of my will felt literally like a death, and in a sense, crucifying the will, is a death. The laying down of my life so that He can live His holy life through me now in old age, has become my joy!

• 2 years later...

When we accept Yahweh as our King, we are submitting to the rules of the kingdom. We are not automatically born into the kingdom of God, but it is because of putting our trust in His Messiah that we become partakers in His kingdom. We become citizens of the kingdom. And being citizens we have the privileges and rights of the kingdom. We become the adopted sons of the kingdom having the same privileges as His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. He made us heirs and joint heirs with Jesus Christ. He seated us in the heavenly realm with Christ Jesus. So our life here on earth is to be as ambassadors, representative of the kingdom of God that we represent. We cannot live here as we please but carry out the will of God here on earth.

So His kingdom is ruled according to His rules and not according to ours. So submission to what He wants is absolutely necessary. This submission comes in accepting Jesus not only as our Savior but also as our Lord. That means giving the reins of our life day by day to Him so that He will steer our life according to how He wants. But then knowing that God is good and that He has good thoughts toward us, we know that whatever He does or wherever He takes us will be for our good. A person who is prideful, who wants his will to operate and who does not want to be submitted to the Lordship of Christ, rejects Yahweh from being King over him/her.