JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Jesus Is Lord

Pastor Ralph

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"? Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

1). Jesus is god in person, God is the father the son and the Holy spirit all three persons i one the trinity.

2). It's necessary for salvation because you must confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and beleive in your heart God raise him from the dead and thou shall be save according to Roman 10:9. ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"? Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

If there is not a confession that Jesus is Lord then there is no salvation. :(

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

This is how we tell the world that we belong to Jesus and he is our GOD MOST HIGH. Our Redeemer our hope our help and all that he is unto us and all that he can be unto us. When we are saved we want to tell the world how wonderful and glorious our King of king and Lord of lords is to us. He says plain in his word if you are ashamed of me I will be ashamed of you before the Father. Lord let us never be ashamed or deni you for you are life and we do not desire death. Heaven or hell the call is yours to make. Trust in the Lord he will keep me until the day he returns for me. :D

Phl 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

When we confess that Jesus is Lord, we are making it a personal relationship. We are swearing alliegence to Him as our King and chosing to follow Him in all our daily lives.

It is necessary for salvation because Jesus is the only name under heaven where by man can be saved,God spoke these words as the Spirit carried along the disciple who utter them. God chose His Son Jesus to be our redeemer from our sin and He is the only God who can and has the power to make that choice for us.

It is given to us as a commandment to chose to speak those words found in Romans that Jesus is our Lord and that we believe in our hearts that He died and rose again then we will be saved as the Father God promised.

The significance of the confession that Jesus is Lord is that God is everything to me and whatever he tells me to do, i do it. And it is neccessary for salvation because if you acknowledge that Jesus is Lord, you will be saved.

When you acknowledge that Jesus is Lord, it means that Jesus is God himself. And as God, we all know that HE owns our life and is in total control of every areas of our lives.

And this confession is neccessary because when we do that, we are telling Jesus that HE can do all things because of HIS resurrection and with this, there is a promise that we will be saved.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord."

When I confess that Jesus is Lord, I am acknowledging that He died on the Cross to save me from my sins, and I am committing myself to follow Him and His Commands.

Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

When I confess with my lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, then and only then will I be saved. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

The significance of confessing "Jesus is Lord" is that one is declaring Him Lord of their life, giving Him the place of honor in their heart - God's place. This is necessary for salvation because the Word says so! But when you think about it, we must confess and believe, because in doing this, we are giving the Lord free reign of our lives. How else will His will be done unless we allow it? He does not force us to follow His will, but waits for us to submit to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus is my master and teacher and I listen to him and strive to be like him. I confess him as Lord and saviour with a ringing confession before many witnesses to hold tight to the eternal life God has given me.He is of the nature of God, he sits at Yaweh's right hand, his Heavenly father. He is to be praised , just as Yaweh is to be praised.

That there is only one God and yet Jesus is devine I faithfully believe, and hope that one day this will be made clear to me.

• 2 weeks later...

The confession

Because confessing Jesus is Lord solidifies ones belief in God and full faith in all teachings and the teachings of the New Covenent will bring us eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven. It is necessary because this is the ONLY way we will recieve salvation.

Jesus is LORD tells us that Jesus is God in the flesh. God came to us in the flesh so He could know exactly what we go through as his children, so Jesus could intercede for us to the Father. Romans 10:9 tells us that we must confess that Jesus is the son of God and accept Him into our lives in order to recieve the salvation He has given us. Good works alone will not give us the salvation that Jesus gave to us. We must confess that Jesus is Lord, the Son of God. There is no other way to recieve salvation.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no other Name we are given on earth and Heaven whereby we are to be save , a part from the Name Jesus Christ. Christ is Lord for He conquared dead .

• 3 months later...

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"?

When we confess that "Jesus is Lord" we are saying that Jesus and God are one, they are equal.

According to this passage of scripture, if we are to be saved, receive salvation, then we must confess that Jesus is Lord. It is upon this confession that we recognize and submit to Him as Master and Owner of our life. We've placed ourselves completely under His rulership for eternity.

• 6 months later...

I have learned to take this personally. Yes Jesus is Lord of all things but when I say it, He is the Lord of my life. I am no longer plan my day without first getting hold of God and getting his ok on what I plan to do for each day. When I was the lord of my life I was going to eternal damnation. Now I

• 4 weeks later...

Lord denotes two main things here: Jesus' divinity and authority.

To recognize Jesus' divinity is really the basis for His eligebility as a sacrifice for all sins. He was 100% God, and 100% man. To be anything less than this would make His death pointless. Also, in realizing and confessing His divinity, we must also recognize His authority.

Recognizing Jesus' authority and sovereignty in our lives is what allows us to grow as Christians. To recognize Him as Savior is forgivness, but to recognize Him as Lord is repentance, to turn from our flesh and turn to His commands.

Repentance is key to salvation, and this is what Jesus as Lord asks of us. If we only recognize Him as Savior, we will remain spiritual infants. It seems to me this is what many christians focus on--"How much a part of the world can I be without offending God too badly?" This is using grace as a sin eraser. Instead, repantance calls us to as--"How far from this sin can I get? and how close to Your righteousness and Holiness can I be while I'm still in this physical body?" This is using grace as the strength to press on, and as God's hand to catch us when we fall. This is repentance. This is Jesus as Lord. Absolute authority over everthing we've ever been, are or ever will/could/should be.

Matt 3:8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.

• 2 weeks later...

The significance is that you are recognizing that Jesus is the Lord God himself that came to us as man and took all our punishments for the sins we have done. It is necessary for you are praising Him and acknowledging Him in his Awesom Power.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"? Why is this necessary for salvation, according to Romans 10:9?

As a Hebrew Christian this is of special significance to me. It was necessary for me to acknowledge that Jesus truly is the Son of God or as it says in our lesson "Jesus is Yahweh, God himself". Once ""I gave in, and admitted that God was God", like C.S. Lewis, the truth of salvation became clear. I then was able to accept Him as the atonement for my sin.

• 2 months later...

The significance of the confession that "Jesus is Lord" is that we are saying that Jesus is Yahweh. Paul writes in Romans 10:9/10: "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unless Jesus is Lord of everything in your life, then He is Lord of nothing. He can't just provide our salvation and then have us say, "Gee, thanks for the fire insurance, pal. Well I guess I'd better be going now. Gotta lot more sinning to do."

I belive it was said that living life by doing our own way after we've accepted Jesus' free gift of grace would be like crucifying Him over and over again. Grace isnot supposed to be freedom to sin; it's freedom FROM sin. Because of all that Jesus has done for my life, sin suddenly becomes unthinkable. Like in marriage, thinking about another woman is out of the question. When we submit to God's will, that means He has total say over everything in our life. Otherwise, His salvation means nothing to us.

• 2 months later...

When we declare Jesus is Lord, we are saying it with an sincere attitude of the heart. Which means we have may Him Lord of all areas of our life, that He is worthy to be praised, to be worshiped, to be trusted, and that He has all power. When we believe in our hearts and confess with our mouths that we are saved, we are believing by faith. By faith, we declare that Jesus is Lord of all to the public and make a commitment by declaring Jesus is Lord.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. What is the significance of the confession "Jesus is Lord"?

We speak what we believe. To claim that Jesus is Lord, requires the Holy Spirit's work and presence in one's life. Those words mean that Jesus is the second Person of the Trinity, co-equal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit....and that He is Sovereign in my life, worthy of my honor, worship and praise. Jesus said If you confess me before men, I will confess you before My Father in Heaven.

One can't be a closet Christian....that verse says that if I acknowledge and confess with my lips that Jesus is Lord and in my heart believe, adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth, that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved. V 10 goes on to say that with the heart I believe and so am justified and as I confess openly and speak out freely my faith in Jesus, this confirms my salvation.