JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Shelter of the Most High

When we discover that we are powerless,we become weak. We feel helpless to proctect ourself,caught in a whirlwind of our own making. we, ourself turn to God our rescuer because there is nowhere else to go. But,it is comforting to know that when we cry for help,God will rescue us and proctect us. Our powerful God, the defender will never fail us if we turn to Him for shelter and safety.

Those who ask God to help us to put on the "Armor of God," God will protect us from any evil and temptation from our enemies. Remember,"God is our Fortress and our Procter."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 91) What is the protected one required to do in times of danger (verses 1-2, 9). What metaphors are used of God's protection in this psalm?

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust

Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation

I believe that like has already been said this Psalm is from the spiritual sense. It would be hard to look in the every day life and not find christians who truly believe and yet face persecution. We are to rest in the knowledge from scripture that in the end we will abide under the shadow of the Almighty. He will redeem us as He promises from this life of sin and trouble. We must never forget to spead our belief for that is truly what builds faith,declaring that God is our refuge and fortress and we trust in Him only for our salvation.

the Metaphors are : hiding place, shelter,shadow,shade, refuge, fortress,shield,buckler,habitation.

These are all places of safety that we can seek when our spirit is under attack and we need that assurance that God will keep our spirit safe in His loving arms till we make that journey home.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 91) What is the protected one required to do in times of danger (verses 1-2, 9). What metaphors are used of God's protection in this psalm?

In times of danger, the protected one is required to call upon the name of the Lord for safety. He is to hide in the shadow of the Almighty and put his total trust on HIM.

The metaphors used as God's protection in this psalms are My Refuge and my Fortress, my dwelling place, shelter, my shield and rampart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q1. (Psalm 91) What is the protected one required to do in times of danger (verses 1-2, 9).

When we are in danger, we should trust God to protect us, let Him be our refuge and strength.

What metaphors are used of God's protection in this psalm?

Shelter, Shadow, Refuge, Fortress and Dwelling Place. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We who are protected by God are to "abide" in Him and trust in Him by making Him (allowing Him to be) our "dwelling place," our home.

Metaphors used in Psalm 91 for God's protection are "shadow," "refuge," "fortress," "covering of feathers," "under His wings," "shield and buckler," and "dwelling place."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If the believer wants to be protected by God, he must confidently remain in God

Protect Us.

Shield, Fortress, Hiding Place, Keeper, Refuge, Rock, Shade, Shelter, Stronghold.

• 2 weeks later...

We need do nothing but trust the LORD. Let him protect us and move us out of dangers way. God never promised that because we believe in Him and trust Him we will not have trials. As a matter of fact the oppisite is true. We will go through, but He does promise to go through with us and get us to the other side of our trials. Our trials strengthen our faith and gives God Glory. Psalm 91 is one of my favorites. I do not look at it as a promise that I will never have to go through, but it is a promise that I will not go through alone, and that God will be with me, He will never leave me or forsake me, and He WILL protect me.

I am from the United States, and I am getting ready to go to Christ Embassy International School of Ministry in Nigeria. I know I will be going into an invironment that is hostile to Christians, but I will also be with believers that are on fire for God. I trust God to take me through this in the safety of His protection. Many are concerned about me doing this. However, I have no fear. I know my God will protect me through whatever I go through. But if it is His will to take me home, He has still protected me. Whatever I go through will be for His Glory. Therefore Psalm 91 is true, no matter what the circumstance. Verse 15 "He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with hime in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him."

This verse tells us there will be trouble, but He will not leave us.

The metaphors used are "Secret Place"; refuge and fortress; snare of the fowler; wings; shield and buckler;

• 4 weeks later...

By entrusting ourselves to God's protetion and pledgiing our daily devotion to Him , we will be kept safe..

The metaphors that are used of God's protection are , shelter and refuge.

• 3 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 91) What is the protected one required to do in times of danger (verses 1-2, 9).

In times of danger the protected one is required to put their trust in God.

The metaphors are: shelter, hiding place, keeper, shade, refuge, fortress, shield, buckler and dwelling place.

• 6 months later...

The protected one is trust in God. While trusting when you call on God, He will answer, He will deliver, He will honor.

The metaphors used of God

• 1 month later...

The protected ones must...

~dwell in the shelter of The Most High (by dwell, I believe it's indicating a long-term/permanent occupation. To be devoted, not just occationally come to God as a last resort.)

~recognze God as our protector, and put our trust in Him

~hold fast to Him in love

~know/acknowledge His name

Metaphors used...

~secret place of the Most High

~shadow of the Almighty

~refuge

~fortress

~shield

~buckler

~dwelling place/habitation

• 4 weeks later...

Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Psa 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Psa 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

Trust that The Lord most High is my fortress, refuge and safety, because I choose to Follow Him and have Faith that all that is in His word will not come back void and is truthful. That he is my Fotress, refuge, shield, buckler, His angels have Charge over me. He will deliver me.

• 6 months later...

The protected one is required to dwelt in the shelter of the Most High; rest in the shadow of the Almighty; and make the Most High your dwelling and refuge.

Metaphors include: shelter; shadow; refuge; fortress; shield; rampart; dwelling; and salvation.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To abide, settle down in the place of the most High, for there one will find protection. The protected one is also to "SPEAK" of the wonders of the LORD, "speak" of our trust in His protection over us.

We must remember, our battle is with Powers, Principalities, rulers of this world, Satan, but because we have the Holy Spirit, we can go forth to fight the battles, for we are under God's protection, protection from the enemy, who wants to steal our "faith" and our "trust" in the King, the LORD of Host is He. They can kill the body, but they cannot kill our soul, as long as we stay, abide with God in His dwelling place. :rolleyes:

Shadow, shade - Refuge, shelter - Fortress, strong place - Habitation, tabernacle, temple.

• 1 month later...

We are to dwell in the secret place of the most High, He is my refuge and fortress, in Him I well trust, abide under the shadow of the Almighty ( my hiding place). There are many metaphors: Most High, Almighty, the Lord, my God, my protector, my peace of mind, my provider, my shield from all harm, my salvation, my dwelling place, and I can hide under the shadow of the Almighty God, trusting Him totally with everything concerning my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Dwell and abide in Him, know and speak of Him as my Lord and my God.

He is my Refuge, He overshadows me, my fortress, His wings cover me, my Shield and Buckler, my Dwelling place.

Required to do?

Saved/child of God....."he who dwells..will abide"-vs.1

Pray..."I will say to the Lord"-vs 2

Depend on/trust in......."My refuge and my fortress, my God, in Whom I trust"-vs.2

Metaphors? Shadow of the Almighty, refuge, fortress, shield, bulwark

(Psalm 91) What is the protected one required to do in times of danger (verses 1-2, 9)

In times of danger, my mind always goes to the Lord as my protector. Psa 91 tells me that I need to "abide" in His shadow of protection...and that means, to me, that I must decide to live and stay in His shadow giving thanks for that protection. I remain at peace in His shadow and trust in Him.

Metaphors: shadow of Him, covering me with His wings, He is a shield, He is a bulwark, my refuge

• 4 weeks later...

As a child of GOD I am to dwell/abide and live in GOD, trust Him. placing my hope in Him an His promises. Spending time with GOD reminds me of His presence around and in me. Run to GOD hide in the shelter and protection He gives.

metaphors used are secret place, shadow, Most high, refuge, fortress, deliverer, shield and buckler, deliverer,

• 3 months later...