JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Redeemed from Slavery

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

I have been free for my self-rightousness my thinking that because I am nice and do the right think in most of the time that road was taking me straight to the road to hell.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been redeemed from the slavery of sin, from the ties to Satan, from an eternity of hell. Without receiving the gift of redemption, there is no doubt in my mind that I would not be the same person. With redemption I am able to be me, to be honest about who I am, what I do, how I think; with nothing to hide - because I know if there's something to hide, it's not right and should not be in my life. Free to be me.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

I was enslaved in a body that was conceived in sin. Selfishness was the theme of my life. What I wanted, what I felt, what I thought. I was addicted to sin and then Jesus came and offered the "great exchange" - His sinless life for my life of sin. I was set free, and "who the Son sets free is free indeed". I was not what the world might call a 'great sinner" -- I had not "broken the law of man" -- I was what would be considered "a good girl", yet I was in bondage and needed to be redeemed by the blood of the lamb! Sometimes when we do not think we are too bad Satan can try to trick us into thinking we are OK & that all is well. I knew better, without God in my life I was on the path to destruction. Thank God for his Son Jesus and for the Holy Spirit of promise that convicts the world of sin. "I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I see".

Redeemed is like taking away the slave and putting me the new good life.... And he likes me to do great things for God......

If i have not redeemed by God i will be doing what is not good... Adding my sin...

My future redemption is to do great things for God.... Like making others to follow God`s Word...

• 3 weeks later...

I think that my (and everybody elses) slavery was slavery to sin and payment for that. So, I am redeemed from being a sinner in a sense tomake sin gladly, I don't think I become sinless by redeemption. As God pay the price for me and it makes me worthy in every sense, if God did it for me than He consider me as his value. My life without redeemption will be just vaste and without life - like a deset without water. Future also would be without hope, joy and meaningfull life.

In what sense have you been redeemed from slavery?

What would your future be like without redemption do you think?

I once knew only sin in Satan's kingdom of darkness and through the blood of Christ on the cross I was bought and brought into Gods kingdom of light. I was a mess. Now through the Holy Spirit His Word is alive and teaches me God's way and gives me the ability to perform.

What would your future be like without redemption do you think?

I can look at ruined lives and know that there but by the grace of God go I.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers6:24-26

• 3 weeks later...

I think of this question as, before Christ and after Christ. Before I accepted Christ into my heart and life I was a drug addict, alchol user and a sex addict. Satan had his grips on me and I never knew it. I was miserable, unhappy, scared, and lost. I did many unlawful things.

Then on Febuary 2nd, 1979, my best friend told me about this wonderful Man named Jesus Christ, and how he Died for me so that I wouldn't have to live in bondage anymore. That through Him I would have everlasting life with Him and His Father. Since that day, I have been on a spiritual journey. One that I could not have ever imagined. I was freed of drug and alchol use, I was happy, peaceful, and an overwhelming sense of love. I won't say it was easy for a while. It was very hard. I had to ask to be forgiven for so many things, and forgive so many people who had hurt me in my past.

I know exactly what my future would have been if I continued on my road of self destruction.... DEAD. Like 18 of my old druggie friends are now. I give God all the glory, honor and praise for always loving me no matter what, for accepting me as His sister, and for giving me the Holy Spirit who has guided me thus far.

God bless you all,

Jewels

" By His stripes we are healed".

• 4 weeks later...

living in california, the smog can get pretty thick sometimes. but if you drive up to the mountains above all that mess, you can actually see for miles and it's all sunny and bright blue.you might not be able to see down, but up and across are wide open. and in redemption, god took me out of that mess,and put me in a place where i could see and understand.living in the mess day after day, i wouldn't have known the difference.nothing would change or even have to change. now that my eyes have been opened to see this, i don't want to return to the old me. i will have to go back into this mess, but not as the same person. nor do i have the same outlook, he shown me all i need to do is look up and rest.

• 4 months later...

What does it mean to be redeemed.. It means I have purpose.. I have power on my side.. I am not just aimlessly walking through life with no direction or path.. I am new.. I am a child of God.. I could never say what that word means to me.. all I know is that I want more for myself and the people I come in contact with everyday.. because I have been redeemed.. I am apart of a family.. I great and vast family.. I know that I will one day see Jesus and fall down at his feet and I know I will cry.. because I have been redeemed!

If I had never known such love and acceptance I do not think I would be much of anything.. my drive.. my ambitions in life spring forth from my relationship with God... so to have never known God's redemptive power I think I would be absolutely no where..

• 3 weeks later...

I was adicted to the idea that I could control, handle everything in my life. I did not need anyone but my own ability. This set me up for a very depressing and joyless life. I was a worry wort. at least that is what my husband called me. "Why do you worry about the things you can't do anything about?" was the question. My answer, if I could do something about it I would and not worry. I spent hours and days trying to control the outcome. I was miserable. Then I realized that I suffered from many sins, but the most damaging to my life was PRIDE. Satan had planted that seed in me from the time I was young. I realized my salvation and God given grace of redemption late in life (my 40's and I am now almost 60 so I can still call it late in life). Now when I realize that "I" cannot do anything about a situation, I go down on my knees and hand it to Him. I try very, very hard even to this day to accept His will and not try to take it back again. I am now happier and much less depressed since life gnawing worry and depression don't control me. I just tell Satan that the Lord is handling that problem to see Him. If it had not been for my redemption, and most importantly my acceptance of that gift of grace, I would probably have committed suicide by now. At the very least I would be living a miserable useless life.

• 1 month later...

I am thankful to have been brought up in a Christian home where Christian principles were taught to me as a young child. I was also taught that I had to make a decision for myself and therefore when I was 18 I was redeemed.

I have lived as a redeemed person for over 45 years. There have been many plateaus along the way and also some giant growth leaps in those years. I have a deep faith which continues to deepen and mature.

I can't imagine what my life would be like if I had not been redeemed. I feel blessed to have grown up with Christ and to have walked with Him over these many years.

I grow up going to church but did not learn about reedemption. The only only thing that was taught was that everything was evil. When I begin a born again christain I was reedemption through the blood of Jesus at calvery. It took me years to believe that I truthly was reedem. I have more conferdence who I am in christ. The things that were important before are not any more. :lol::lol:

I have been redeemed from living a life in bondage to my sins. If it wasn't for Jesus Christ redeeming me, my life would more than likely have been twisted into a pathetic world of misery and hopelessness. probably ending in suicide.

for the future without redemption; there would be no future at least not one in peace and love with Jesus Christ but would be an eternal life doomed to damnation and worse; void of the comfort and love of God.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been set free (redeemed) from my sins. I was alienated before I came to know God. Now that I know the Word and still learning I am tremedously happy to know that God has chosen us, adopted us and redeemed us from slavery.

My life up to now would have been one that is lost.

My future without redemption would be one that is dead.

• 3 months later...

Ephesians week 2

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7)

7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace 8 that he lavished on us.

In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

I was a slave to sin. Sin was my master, He had rights over me (sin is so often personalized see Rom 6-8, Gen 4:7ff) and ruled my life with his impulses. The result was I was in darkness, and sins partner in crime Satan dwells and influences in that realm. Jesus through His death has redeemed me from this slavery, Adam and Eve gave up humanities freedom, and came under the curse of Sin but Christ the second Adam has redeemed those who put their trust in Him!

What do you think your life up to now would have been like, if you hadn't been redeemed?

I think selfishness would characterize my life, I think I would have followed through with sin

• 1 month later...

I have been set free (redeemed) from slavery in every way and form. I know I am saved and as a result of that redemption I can have an intimate relationship with my Lord and Saviour! My sins are forgiven and I am presented as holy and blameless because of the blood shed for me at Calvary.

My life would be radically different if I didn't have Christ's redemption - I can only imagine where I would be now without Christ. There would be no purpose or point to life - apart from to further myself and try to get more money (because the world is all about how much money we have or don't have). It would be self-centred and focussed on me predominantly. I would probably appear okay in the world's standards but God would have rejected me and ultimately that is what matters for eternity. This would have been the way of my past and my future. But I am chosen and forgiven and so my life can and is presented as holy and blameless before King.

• 1 month later...

:P I have been redeemed from the slavery of "fear" of having blind faith to be free, fear of being to weak in my heart and mind to get free, fear of not being strong enough in my spirit to keep my freedom, fear of not having the wisdom in my mind to maintain my freedom, fear of my past to become a slave again to "fear".

:( If I had not been redeemed from the slavery of sin, my life up to now would be full of people that took more of myself from me. These people would have never even attempted to give back to me some themselves in return, thus leaving me an empty shell of a man. My life would have had no direction. I would have been living in the moment and the not even aware of the people that I would have had to hurt to stay living in the moment. My life would have been filled with good deeds, but torn between doing good and doing evil. My life would have been so out of balanced that I would probably have felt that I was walking sideways or upside down at times.

My life without redeemption in the future would be out of control. I would be broke, busted and discusseded or have money and killed by living crazy and lovining too many honeys. I would have died old and still bold or young and alone in the gutter in the cold, then probably end up with my passing into death, my funeral being attend by those who thought that I left them something in my will. They would have lowered me 6 feet down in the ground still bound with nothing of significance (with the exception of my grave stone. That would have probably been vandalized and ruined by some kids or person) left behind in remembrance of me. :(

"But, ah! But, God!..." as the song goes by Marvin Winans and the other song by his brother Bebe Winans "His love told me, love said not so.." :lol: hallelujah!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been "redeemed" from slavery in the sense that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for me and took away my sins. This gives me such confidence in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

If I had not been redeemed I would hate to think about it ... I would be fill with discouragement and dispare that my thoughts would be on "What is to happen to me when I die? Where will I find myself in eternity? But how great is the Love of God for me that I am so grateful for his redeeming grace. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Q1.(Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

without having christ my life would be a mess. I wouldn't know what direction I'm going. Jesus paid the price for us. So we could live and be free from slavery. Without him paying the price, I know I would be lost. Probally following other sinners and do things that is bad to do. Because Jesus died for us we learn his from is teachings and the bible. God gave his only son and now that we know that our eyes are open and the fear of God is in us. Our future without out redemption is like we are searching for something in oour lives without direction. We wouldn't have God's love in us

• 1 month later...

I have been redeemed from all the chains of sin, although I still struggle, my sins past, present and future have been paid for. How can this be? It is truly the most greatest mystery, that My Lord took on Him my sins and paid the price that I may be able to stand and be counted holy before the a Holy God. My life was a mess before I knew my Lord, filled with pain, vanity and strife. Without Christ I had no hope; peace or rest. Without redemption my future would hold the blackness and horror of unforgiven sin, my soul trembles to think of life outside of Christ Jesus. Sometimes I shake at the thought that without His grace, mercy and divine love drawing me to Him I would have been utterly lost