JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Redeemed from Slavery

I have been redeemed the moment I accepted Jesus Christ...knowing what he did on the cross for me paid in full for me to be free from slavery...if it not of been for His redemption..I would be dead and in hell..without any hope of the future on this earth but more important...eternal seperation from God..

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

Slave to sin,but redeemed by the blood of Christ.

What to you think your life up to now would of been like, if you hadn't been redeemed?

I was saved at a young age, around 11 or 12, possibly 13. About the only sins I was guilty of back then would of been disobeying my parents, talking back to or arguing with them, fighting with my siblings, etc.

Thru the years I have heard countless testimonies of those who didn't become saved until later in life.

When I hear the stories of those who had been drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes,etc before they were redeemed, I am thankful I was redeemed as a child.

What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

Without redemtion, the future is meaningless. We would be without hope.

Worse of all, we would all be dead in our sins, doomed to an eternity in hell.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

I don't know in what sense I have not been redeemed from every curse of the law. For me the question is am I walking and living in that redemption. Often I forget that I do have redemption from some of the horrible sins I commit against the Father. Yet I do know that without the redemption of the blood of Jesus, I would not have a a future. Everything I did would be to glorify flesh and satan. I need to grow up, and recognize that grace and mercy that has been given to me by the FAther thru my Lord Jesus!

In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

Slave to sin,but redeemed by the blood of Christ.

What to you think your life up to now would of been like, if you hadn't been redeemed?

I was saved at a young age, around 11 or 12, possibly 13. About the only sins I was guilty of back then would of been disobeying my parents, talking back to or arguing with them, fighting with my siblings, etc.

Thru the years I have heard countless testimonies of those who didn't become saved until later in life.

When I hear the stories of those who had been drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes,etc before they were redeemed, I am thankful I was redeemed as a child.

Without redemtion, the future is meaningless. We would be without hope.

Worse of all, we would all be dead in our sins, doomed to an eternity in hell.

Linda, when I am really tough on myself, and I refuse to accept the forgiveness of Christ for something I have done, it usually then, that I am allowed to witness the beautiful change ain someone else life that was nothing compared to mine. My husband is a perfect example. We come from two different backgrounds. I am a country girl, the only girl in the family, and really sheltered. I knew very little about anything. Then I married my husband who had seen almost everything, and I could not believe that I was so innocent. I could not believe that people could sin willingly without considering the consequences. The fact is, that they did not know any better. I was brought up going to Church. And the clearest recollection I have is at the age of 3, of participating in Church. His family was not familiar with Church. Sure they went on the holidays, but that was about it. However, to make a long story short, his family is saved, and He became of one of God's greatest gifts to the body!

I was redemmed from unforgivness and bitterness. well if i didn't have redemption my life would be downhill, i'd be in a mental ward due to anger, bitterness, etc. I thank God everyday for His healinhg power.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

I was a slave to sin and to all the things of this world and could not get myself free from them. So the blood of Jesus is what it took to set me free and let me change to become a better person.

What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed?

There is only one way I could have ended on the road I had chosen to travel. I would have been dead by now or in some mental farcicality. :angry:

I do not think I would have had a future. :unsure:

I was a slave to sin but , by the dead of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross has redeemed and forgiven me of all my sin.

I do not know , how my life could have been without the blood of Jesus Christ.

I would be living without hope in future if it were not for the blood of Jesus Christ.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

Before being born again in Jesus and having been redeemed by Him, I was deeply in a state of sin. I was a slave to the world and had turned my back on God. I was consumed by materialism. I was arrogant; everything centred around me. I was held captive in every sense by the devil. I was definitely his. I know from my life before my redemption that my life would have been essentially purposelessss, directionless and ultimately fruitless without the intervention of the Holy Spirit. Somehow I sensed this even if vaguely: a nagging doubt right in the background. I had no sense of the real danger that I was in and that I was at the edge of the abyss. My future without redemption would have been very bleak indeed. I was heading towards death in sin and a permanent estrangement from God in hell. Without redemption I was damned for all time: a terrifying prospect that the world had cleverly kept away from me. Also I deserved fully to be damned. Justice would have demanded it. That is clear to me now.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like, if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

Before I accepted the gift of redemption I was a slave to sin. Having a good time, drinking alcohol -- stupidly, smoking cigarettes, going to nightclubs and parties as often as I can; they all had a stronghold on me. Truly, I was a slave to "peer pressure." Why peer pressure? The need to be accepted by, who I thought was the "in crowd," caused me to do those things that I listed above. I wanted to be the one everybody wanted to hang with. A slave to sin, a road to destruction.

At the rate I was going, if I had not been redeemed I probably would be living a miserable existence.

Thank God, I no longer desire to do those things I once craved. The death sentence is removed, I am alive and will live to the glory of God.

I hate to think what my future would be like without redemption.

Redeemed from slavery through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Life without the ransom would mean no hope for resurrection to a new earth (paradise). Basically, there would be no hope of the future.

A. I have been redeemed from slavery to satisfying the wants of my flesh. each day I understand more the phrase;" Everyday with Jesus is sweeter that the day before". I am learning and enjoying the abundant life. Not fame and fortune but total peace,that glorious peace which passes all understanding. I know that I know that I know when I pass from here I will be with Jesus. What a blessed assurance is mine!

B. If I had not been redeemed I am sure I would be dead or very ill. Alcohol is deadly and that is where I most probable would be.

C.Without being redeemed by the blood and only the blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ there would be no freedom from our sin nature and no one in that condition has a future.

My slavery is to sin. Without the blood of Christ redeeming me, I would have spent this time of my life trying to "do good"; trying to EARN my entrance into Heaven by my earthly good works - and unfortunately always falling short. What a tragedy!

My future would have held only hopelessness and destruction. I have a sister living with that future (and she grew up knowing God's Word!) But, because of her own choices, she is one of the most miserable, unhappy people I know. (And she thinks I have bought into a "great lie"! How sad!!)

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?Brought up in a very legalist home it was difficult for me to experience the true freedom I have in Christ, so for me to be redeemed by the power of the blood brought me what it means to be free in Christ.. I posssibly if I had continued to live alife do's and dont'd I never would no of the abundant life in Christ

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in church since I was a small child...maybe 3-4 yrs old. I knew the story of Jesus, Moses, Daniel in the lion's den, etc. I accepted the Lord as My Savior when I was 9 years old...but no one ever told me exactly what that step involved.

Although I was a believer, a Christian, who went to church every Sunday, played the organ/piano for services, sang in the choir, taught our children about God and Jesus as well as other children in Sunday School...my life was one still in slavery to the world. I didn't do bad things...drink, smoke, lie, cheat, kill, rob, etc...but I didn't share the Gospel either...and that's our job here on earth!

By watching my husband become a strong believer in Christ's principles and the way he conducted his life, I became free from that slavery to the world...I was redeemed, really redeemed, by the blood of Christ.

Without that redemption my life would have been a humdrum sort of thing, going along in life as a quasi Christian, like most of us do. Yes, I had the assurance of salvation from the time I was 9, but that's not all of the story!

Now I look forward to Wednesday mornings when I teach a Bible study to 30 plus people about the grace and love of God. I share the Gospel whenever I can. My life is counting for something. Some of the people I meet may never accept Christ, but it isn't my job to make them do that...only to plant the seed and let God do the rest.

My future? When I take my last breath here on earth, I will take the next in the arms of Jesus Christ. I'll be able to stand before the throne and hear God say...a job well done, my faithful daughter and friend!

My eyes were opened to what I was doing in the name of having fun. I did not realize that sex outside of marriage and drugs including prescription drugs taken in excess or belonging to someone else was allowing me to sin and be in bondage to the world. If I had not been redeemed, I probably would not be here to say this. Then I would have no future to receive the blessings God had already promised to me. I am really having fun now loving and worshipping the Lord because of his ultimate sacrifice. I now know how much he loves his children in the precious name of Jesus.

I have been set free from the clutches of Sin. Not that does not mean that I make wrong choices day by day, yet I do know that I have a Lord and Savior who has given everything to set me free from Sin. What a comforting thought. I was on the long road of slow self destruction as well as negative impact on those around me. It was all about " I / ME " and what could make me happy. The spiral of death was surrounding me until that moment in time that I let Jesus into my heart as my ruler / guide / mentor / friend / coach - in short until I turned my life over to him.

Without his redemption I would be dead. I mean that literally, spiritually and emotionally. I know it because I have seen it in others - the walking dead.

All the time God is Good

God is Good all the time

At one time in my life, it was a mess, I did whatever I please to do. At the time I did not that I was bond to sin, living my life for the devil. When I learn the truth, I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I am now free from the life of sin. I am no longer in bondage to Satan, to sin.

My life would have been going down hill. As a matter of fact I believe Imay not be alive by now. Because Satan was trying to take my life and I would be going to hell.

I now have a life of freedom in Jesus Christ, I am a daughter of God, He is preparing a place of me in heaven, the blood of Jesus cleanse me from all sins.

Praise the Lord!

"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Ps.34:8

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

I was a slave to sin , drinking, sex and at times stealing- but I was truly redeemed. I was made free from from all of it by the word of truth. Bought by the blood of Jesus. I was made free and free indeed.

What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed?

I was hopeless and lost, I was revelling in the wisdom of man - by now I would be worse probably in jail, or dead from HIV infection or a destitute begging for alms in the street. But God was merciful.

Now my future is so bright because I now know who I am - I am a child of God. I am enjoying the fruits of redemption. My life is moving upwards and forwards daily. I am a partaker of the divine nature. Part of a royal generation.

I'VE BEEN REDEEMED FROM DARKNESS (SIN) AND THE CARES OF THIS WORLD. I WOULD HAVE ENDED IN hell.

If I had not been predestined for the time I live in I would not be alive today. I would have died in childbirth. Being redeemed means we were bought back with the ultimate price and love. God paid the price to buy us back by giving His Son. Something none of us would be willing to so unselfishly and with the right motives to do. Jesus paid the price by bearing our sins on the cross and shedding His blood to cover these sins. God was our original owner and then satan enslaved us to sin in the garden by deception. God our original owner did not leave us or forsake us. He purposed to buy us back before we were even created. He paid the price for our purchase even though we had been stolen. He sent His Son and His Son's shed blood to pay the price it took to get us back. Our future would be very dark without hope. We would have no ultimate purpose for living without God.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I came to trust Christ as my personal savior and redeemer, I was in a sense a slave to the prince of this world. Sin had control of me, I had no control over the sin in life. But once I understood the severity of my sins through the law, I began to see myself in danger of God's wrath. Those simple 10 commandments, there were only 10, but I could not keep one! The more I read them, the more guilty I became. Sin had a gripe on my life, and I realized that I was missing the mark. I had no idea of my consumption of sin, till I fully understood God's Holy Law. It was then I was broken hearted, and had contrition for my sinful life. I not only confessed my sins to God, but I also have forsaken them and began to trust in Jesus Christ as my savior. I am no longer a slave to sin, it no longer rules my life. When Christ died on the cross and shed His blood for my transgressions, God reconciled me to Him. I am now free from the bondage of sin, Satan has no claim on me. My desires have completely changed, now I seek to please Him. Sure, sometimes I fall into sin, but I will never dive into sin, as I once used to do. The Holy Spirit in now living in me, perfecting me and giving me the power to resist temptation. I know have a new master in Jesus Christ, He is the Lord of my life.

As a Black person, I often think about the relationship to slavery and freedom. I think about what it must have been for my ancestors to have lived in their own land as free, but to have other men come and kidnap them and bind them in chains. This must have been an awful and terrible experience for them. Many took back their freedom by taking their own lives in various ways.

I think about the human blood that was shed to abolish slavery, and accomplish freedom for slaves in America. I think about how my ancestors, and so many others who sacrificed life, and limb so that Black people could be free!

But now, because of God's grace and love, regardsless of race, color, sex, or creed, Jesus has given his life - for there is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood -- so that we all could be truly, and completely free!!

Glory to the Lamb of God who shed His blood for us!

God Bless You All!

Godsdaughter528

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad that i was redeemed from the bondage i was in when God chose me and loved me and directed me from my misery Praise The Lord Jesus Christ for dying for me and saving me making a way of salvation I truly am grateful to Him....I enjoy my prayer time and being in the presence of the Lord God....