JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12) According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

Gods purpose for our lives is to offer salvation to the world.God created us and we belong to Him.We need to go out into the world,with Gods Power(Holy Spirit in us)and reach lost souls.Share Gods word to the people who are lost.A lot of people are searching for peace and happiness in the wrong places.We must let our light shine.When people look at us they see a person who is full of life(Jesus).Let them see all the good in us.

We need to praise God and worship Him and live our lives in such a Godly manner that others can see Christ in us, that others can see God's holiness in us. We need to be a light for God. To show our light to those around us

Regarding Matthew 5:13-16---As christians, we show our love of Christ by doing things to help others, by sharing God's Plan of Salvation with others. Through our works, others will see Christ in us. Christ has given to us the salt of His Word to be used, He has given to us His light to shine in the darkness. Christ lives in us, so His light would be seen to those living around us. Salt means, prudence, prudent means using good judgment, being careful of ones conduct, for we are representing Christ to the world. How do we praise Him? By being the salt of the earth and a light that shows the path that leads to life everlasting.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12) According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

God's purposein our lives is to glorify Him, praise Him and give Him full worship. The arrogance in our hearts would deceive us into thinking that in some way we have a contribution of our works to Him, something good, nice an well behaved. When in fact the only purpose He has for us is to kneel down and give Him all the honour,praise and glory. We can only do this when we see ourselves as utterly dependant upon Him, we have and can bring nothing of ourselves to the throne of God, we can only in complete submission truely worship when we accept that we are sinful creatures, and that there is no good in use, and He is all in all. Our light is Christ, so often we are deceived into thinking that we can be good christians if we behave in a certain way, follow a particular code of behaviour, but it is only when we trust only in Him for everything, having no fear, because we know He is God Almighty. Having no pride because we know our deceitful hearts and nature. Having no desire for wordly things because our joy is in Him. Then so we shine like lights in a dark world. Lord Jesus let me have complete faith in You and no other and certainly not myself!!

• 2 weeks later...
Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12) According to verses 11 and 12, what is Gtood's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

God purpose for our lives is to continue to praise Him with our whole lives. To bring to the world the light which is Christ Jesus. In order to fulfill this purpose, we have to accept our inheritance, which was predestined before time, and allow the Holy Spirit to fill the voids within us. Mathew 5: 13-16 goes on to expand our purpose here on earth by referring to us as the salt (or seasoning) for our fellow people. By living according to God's will in us (to praise Him and tell about His good news), we become like lights in a lighthouse, a beacon of hope for the weary. When people see that you are good and that you have their interest at the heart of your actions (good works), then you give praise and glory to the father, which is our intended purpose on this earth. It makes a continuous circle of praise, glory, praise, glory. Cool! ;)

• 2 months later...

Now that we are in Christ Jesus, we redeemed now have become legal adopted sons and daughters of the most high. Now sons and dauthers, we have by his will that he chose by his own good pleasure to grant to us the inheritance of eternal life and all he possesses. What is it that we need to do to fulfill his purpose? If we have already accepted Chist's atoning work on the cross, is now our duty to turn around and evangilize, spread the gospel to the rest of humankind so that all may hear the message, the gospel. So, how does this line up with Matthew 5: 13-16? I've heard many people over the course of my life that say that religion and faith are personal and have no place in the public market of ideas. This of course is totally wrong! If I have the cure for cancer all those suffering from cancer would want to know the cure. Humanity is suffering from the cancer of sin. Satan blinds those suffering from this cancer, sin and they don't even know it. I now have within me the message, the gospel, the cure if you will for the cancer of sin. Jesus Chirst, Lord, God, Creator of the heavens and the earth. I am commanded to go forth and tell those sick with this cancer of sin about the forgivness found only in Jesus Christ. Belief, repentance and dicipleship is your, their and my ONLY cure for this "cancer" if you will. If I'm to keep this good news personal, within myself and tell no one. Then I become unsalted, worthless in God's eyes and good for nothing. Things that are good for nothing are thown out for they are of no use. So, with that said: I do, and will continue to tell others of Jesus Christ Lord their only savior (mine too). Praise, Glory, Honor, Power, Dominion be to our God forever and ever!!!! AMEN.

• 2 months later...

His purpose for us is all the promises and blessings are in jesus christ are still for believers today.To be sealed with the Holy Spirit which was promised.

We because the salt of the earth leaveing people to God,and a lights of divinity in the social system of men and woman and childern.our life is to glorify

God.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our purpose is to praise Him and to give Him the glory that is his as Creator. We are to be a beacon in the night, like a lighthouse that alerts this world to the answer that they all are looking for. We must be a flavor in this world that will cause people to ask, why do I like what you have and what you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12) According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives?

We were created, destined, appointed to live for the praise of His Glory, in intimate relationship with Him.

What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose?

We need to live in Him surrendered to His Will and purposes which were appointed for us beforehand.

How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

These verses tell us we are the salt of the earth and the light of the world....as we walk this out daily, those around us will see the goodness of God in us, and will honor and praise and glorify our Father in Heaven.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12)

According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives?

What do we need to do to fulfil this purpose?

How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

To bring praise and glory to God! To bring honour and glory to Him by the way we live. We are to be like salt creating a thirst for greater knowledge of our Lord, to tell the world the Good News of Christ. We are to be seen a preservative against the evils of society. As a light we are to shine and give direction, radiating love and pointing others to the proper path. Light-radiating people live so that others see their good deeds and give praise not to them but to their Father in heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

According to verses 11 and 12 of Ephesians 1, God's purpose for our lives is to bring Him glory.

To fulfill this purpose we need to understand who we are in Christ, and then walk accordingly to th Word of God. As we do that, we are emulating the unity that exists between us and Jesus. We cannot then help but praise God because we begin to understand who He is, so we begin to live a life of praise.

This purpose relates to Matthew 5:13-16 in that this particular scripture give an overview of what will happen when we live our lives to glorify God. Others will be attracted to what they see, and will want to find out more about Christ and will be drawn to us, in an effort to emulate the Christ they see in us.

• 6 months later...

In today's success-obsessed society, it is so comforting to know that we don't have to "accomplish" anything in the world's eyes to be successful. Success is simply enjoying the grace that God lavishes on us and allowing those blessings to shine through in our daily lives. We don't have to do anything but sit at the feet of Christ and be open to the Spirit's transforming power. If we allow ourselves to be the people God designed us to be, our testimony will be authentic and natural.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12) According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? The purpose of our lives is to praise God, and therefore everything that we do and the way that we are should be to that end so that the World can see God reflected in us.

How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16? We have a purpose, (to praise God) as salt has a purpose (to season food) and light has a purpose (to provide light in darkness). We are His salt, His light. However, salt is no use if it has lost its taste and light is no use if it is hidden.

Our purpose is to praise God. The bible speaks of the winged creatures who give praise to God "constantly" for eternity and in my spiritual infancy I couldn't appreciate this. Now I understand what God has done for me and I welcome the opportunity to praise God constantly. God gives me this opportunity to praise Him everyday I have on this earth, which is what Matthew 5 speaks about. God wants me to be His light to the lost sheep of this world.

• 1 month later...

Gods purpose for our lives is to praise Him and to let His character be shown through us in all we do being thankful for what He has done for us. For us to do this we must first trust and believe in Christ for His wonderful and glorious sacrifice that He made on the cross. We are His wokmanship created in Christ so as I said earlier we have people around us every day whether we know it or not watching us and some even looking up to us to see if Christ is real and that is why we should let His light shine in us for them to see!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our purpose is to love god and all our neighbors , and to be good, especially to our family. Show a great deal of love to Jesus and GOD......

• 1 month later...

God's purpose for our lives is to be vessels of praise unto Him that we live our lives in a way that is pleasing to him I know for my self I want to make God proud of me I want him to see me and say job well done i am pleased I strive to be a woman after God's own heart just as david was in the bible. Matthew 4:13-16 so relates because it is saying the same thing We are to let our light shine before or in front of others so that they can see our goodnes our compassion our love toward them and our circumstance. This draws themm into wanting to know that goodness and this glorifys God

• 4 months later...

We are instructed to praise ( honor-admire,be grateful, through acts of worship) God at all times! We are also to glorify God at all times-give Him very great honor,adoring praise,worshiping Thanksgiving,absolute happiness, gratification,contentment through Our Sovereign Lord, God, the great King. Give Him Gory and praise always-this is God's purpose in our Lives to Live FOR HIM, and HIM alone! To let HIS light shine upon Others through US!

Matthew 5:13-16 (NIV)

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

That is the image Jesus uses to describe his followers. You are the salt of the earth. You add distinctiveness to the flavor of life on earth and you help to preserve human society; you keep it from spoiling. What is it about a believer that makes life more palatable and pure? I think that it’s clear that Jesus is talking about the basic goodness that should characterize those who follow Him and obey His teachings.

• 2 weeks later...

To live out our new "inherited" redeemed natures for His purpose, to the end of His praise.

To fulfil this purpose, we need to remain "in Christ", under his Lordship/headship, therefore performing in unity under His headship with His body, under his counsel, knowing that it is for His glory!

Ultimately, as in Matthew 5, we are Christ's ambassadors.I have heard it said, the world reads "us" not our Bibles.

• 3 months later...

According to Ephesians 1:11-12, God's purpose for our lives is praise. God has destined us to live for his praise. We have been placed here on earth to bring praise to God.

In order to fulfill this purpose we need to "let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

This purpose is related to Matthew 5:13-16 in the sense that we have an important purpose on this earth. God has placed us as light. God has made us as a mirror -- to reflect his glory and help people see a glimmer of his greatness living in human flesh.

According to verses 11 and 12, God's purpose for our lives is to live for his praise.

In order to fulfill this purpose we need to get in line with God's plan for our lives. We are the light to shine in the darkness of life. We become a mirror to reflect God's glory and help people see a glimmer of his greatness living in human flesh.

This purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16 in the sense that when people look at us, Jesus intends that they see God. "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:16)

• 3 weeks later...

God'a purpose for our lives is to be for the praise of His glory. We need to accept the hope in Christ. We also need to praise Him whenever possible.

We use this verse in baptism service at my church. I believe it means we are to let the life of Christ in us reflect so that people can see that we are different then the world around us.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Our purpose in life is to praise God.

2. We need to praise Him. After all, the Bible tells us that God inhabits the praises of His people. Our spirits need to connect with God in worship, the culmination of our praises.

3. In Matthew 5:13-16 it says we should let our light shine before the world. No light can shine from vessels that are not connected to God through praise and worship. This is what separates our acts from those of the world.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

3.a. God's purpose for our lives is that he chose us, has given us an inheritance and has a purpose and a plan for our lives that we might bring him glory and praise.

b. We need to believe, trust and yield to Him and let Him do His work in us. We need to show God's love to others and let our light shine giving glory to God.

c. God has given us everything we need to overcome, in His wonderous Son, His grace, love, faith, salvation, righteous, His Word, Truth, Peace, therefore we need to give glory to God and let our light shine and tell the world of our Wonderful God and how much He loves us and not hide our light under a bushel.