JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q8. Seal and Downpayment

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term.

Sealing means commitment and conveys to us the idea of an engagement ring. We do not get our engagement ring until after we except the covenant the Bridegroom has proposed to us. The covenant was purchased at a very high cost, money could not buy it. Oh yes, we desire to be His bride and are so thankful He has asked us! This engagement ring He gives to the bride is His seal, His promise He will come back for His bride. It also is of great value that she watches over it like a treasure. As she wears the ring, the (Holy Spirit), she is reminded that she has been purchased, this is the down payment. The Bridegroom has gone to prepare a place for the bride, and as soon as the Father tells Him it is time go get His bride, He will come! The

bride is watching, looking, and anticipating the Bridegroom's coming! The bride is not sure when he will come, but the bride is busy preparing herself. Lets see, I have extra oil just in case He comes at night; And as I wear the Holy Spirit (her ring) she is reminded - the Bridegroom is coming back for His virgin Bride, that is ME, He wants me to put on the garments He gave me, the garments of His righteousnes. I want Him to be proud of me, as He introduces me to the Father and say," See Father, what I purchased for You, see her garments, she has kept them white, they are the garments I gave her to wear, My righteousness.

"Come Lord Jesus come"

When does the "end of the term" occur?

Rev 19:7 Let us celebrate, let us rejoice, let us give him the glory! The Marriage of the Lamb has come; his Wife has made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 She was given a bridal gown of bright and shining linen. The linen is the righteousness of the saints.

How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

He plays a very important part in the brides life, my life. He is there to remind me and is touching me with love. His touch is reminding my heart of the Bridegroom, Who is preparing a place for me. The Holy Spirit helps to remind me, the Bridegroom is looking for the bride who is "faithful!" The Holy Spirit reminds me, read the Bridegrooms love letters, His Word, for in His Word I will be comforted, it will help to satisfy that longing in the heart - to be with Him. With the Holy Spirit I am enveloped in "love" for the Bridegroom said, "He would not leave me alone."

THANK YOU FATHER FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL PLAN OF SALVATION!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When something is sealed or a seal placed upon it, then no decay can come to that particular thing. This seal tell me when accepting Christ as our Saviour we are sealed from sin and set free to be all that He wants us to be. To live a joyous, adventerous life for His glory.

The end term I believe is just that the end of what was started. However, even though we are sealed, isn't it correct that during the tribulation if someone takes the mark of the beast 666 that they too will be cast into the lake of fire? Let me know. Thanks

Diane44 , I am not a great theologian but have read the works of most anchient and modern theologians and probably a good 99% of them agree that we [the redeemed ] will not be here on earth when the anti-christ is in control!In the farthest reaches of our imaginings if we were here when the anti-christ comes I am sure that Our Lord would give us the needed resources to overcome by whatever means needed. He will never leave us or forsake us!Those are the Words of Jesus!Jesus is our Rock!!!

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

Since I was having trouble downloading the forum here is my reply: The end of the term occurs when the day of redemption occurs when Christ returns, How the Holy Spirit functions is when we talk to God and God can talk to us through his Holy Spirit.

The 'end of time' comes up when the trumpet will sound and time shall be no more; when our Lord Jesus comes to take us home where there won't be pains and stains of this sinfull world again.

The Holy Spirit plays a role now by bringing the things of God from Him to us and also takes our yearnings to Him enabling us to experience a bit of heaven here on earth.

These verses contain two analogies 1)seal and (2)downpayment,with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term.When does the end of the term occur?

The end of term occurs when the Lord comes to the earth to save us from ourselves and restore peace to the world.We are sealed with the power of the Holy Spirit and He pais our downpayment on the cross at calvary,when He became human to save us from sin. How would the Holy Spirit play a part in all of this,it is i think to prepare us and also to bring things to pass so like that it is possible for Him to come before the world kills itself.

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

11In him we were also chosen,[e] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession

THese two verses are two of the greatest in the Bible. As we can see in the verses before, we are blessed with every spiritual blessing and we are adopted into God's family which guarantees we will recieve an inheritence. What we receive to guarantee our inheritence, as a downpayment, is the indwelling Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead.

We receive the Holy Spirit immediately and we receive much more, more than we can think or dream, of when Jesus returns with His Church, the end of the term.

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit as God's own, and gives notice to the spirit world that we are God's people and to ourselves that we belong to God. Whenever we stray, the Spirit is there to convict us and get us back on the right path.

The Holy Spirit is our comforter, our counselor, and our friend. We are already in God's presence. Our habitation is the world but we are not of the world but of God. The seal reminds us that we belong to God adn we cannot stray far until the Spirit reminds us who we belong too and where our citizenship is. I find this awesome that God cares a great deal for me and wants only the best for me. As the Spirit is the downpayment, I cannot imagine how much more we are to receive as God has given us the same power, indwelling, as raised Christ from the dead and counseled Christ continually on what God the Father's will is.

If only we would care less about our circumstances in this world and tune into the Spirit mroe to get God's will, what we could accomplish and do is without measure. PTL.

Seal--- identifies me as a believer of God. This has given when i made the decsion for salvation.

Downpayment- Christ's death on the cross. Demonstrates by continued faith and trust in God.

End of the Term--- happens when God's kingdom is again established on the earth.

These analogies help explain the Holy Spirit's presence by binding us to God.

These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur?

Answer: When Christ returns and reigns in the endtimes and the rupture of the church. This is where the Holy Spirit will fully redeemed us, if we have followed faithfully Christ and His ways.

Answer: We are identified by the Holy Spirit through our seal, of which He is the one responsible for. He placed a redemption deposit on us when we accepted Christ as our redeemer, with God the father as Creator and all three, God the father, the son and holy spirit as our holy triune God. If we allow ourselves to follow Christ, the holy spirit will allow us to see a glimpse of God's glory once in awhile or in the process of our purification. He also allows us communication to God and God to us, if we are open to God's teachings and ways.

The end occurs when Jesus returns to judge the living and the dead. But I am "protected from tampering" in this life. The devil has no power over me as long as I remember that the power of the Holy Spirit has dominion over him. I am sealed with the spirit as protection against those things that can hurt me. It doesn't mean there will be no pain or hardship in my life. It means that me plus God is always a majority. The Spirit is our hedge of protection, our conscience to help us discern what is right and what is wrong, our comforter, our friend. As we lean on Him, not on our own understanding, acknowledge Him in all our ways, and He will make straight our paths. It is the Holy Spirit that is the guide along the path.

I'd say the end of the term ocurrs at the rapture, or when Jesus comes; perhaps the same thing.

I am quite comfortable with the two terms, they make me feel even more of a part of something huge. I am sealed with the Holy Spirit, a down payment of the miraculous things of God, moving and leading me through this world, and into the next.

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur?

It occurs when Jesus returns to this earth and we are taken back with him. We are to let this seal be in us and keep us and help us until we are with him and we will steal be his forever more. Thank you Jesus. :)

He seals us and he helps us to hear the things of the Lord for our lives. He is more than an friend he is our keeper our ever help in times of trouble. The Holy Spirit has a language that will let us talk with the Lord and let the Holy Spirit say what is needed in us and for us. He is the one that leads us to Jesus and he is the one that will help us to hold fast to our faith in the Lord. :D

The Holy Spirit is God's quaratee that we belong to Him and that He will do what He Has Promised.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in us demonstrates the qenuiness of our faith , proves that we are God's children , and secures eternal life for us . His power works in us to transform us now, and what we experience now is a taste of the total change we will experience in eternity.

The end of term comes when Jesus returns and we are gathered up in rapture to Him. The Holy Spirit guides and teaches us so that our relationship with God deepens as our faith matures. The gift of the Holy Spirit was Jesus' promise to us. Its working in us is proof that the promise has and will be fulfilled. Through the intervention of the Holy Spirit our hearts were opened to accept the Good News. That is the seal; we were marked as being Christ's. From our rebirth the Holy Spirit dwells and works within us.

(1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur?

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit when we are saved and wait for the down payment after the rapture for what he has in store for us.

The Holy Spirit gives us a little bit of heaven on earth. He comforts us and shows us what the truth is.

The "end of term" occurs when Jesus comes for His Bride to present her to the Father. Then we will be forever with the Lord. Until then the Holy Spirit abides with us, indeed, He dwells in us and will guide us into all truth as He speaks to us from the Father (John 16:13) The work of the Holy Spirit in the Church ends when Christ returns for the Church.

When I think about the word sealed I remember that in Old testament in case of Daniel.The King in those days use a signet ring when they siging any important document they will use that ring with they signature and sealed that document meaning that document is inrevokeable event by the King The mark is there for life.This seal that we received when we accept Christ is a mark for life It is recorded in lamb book of life.We are owned by God we are adpoted into the family Of GOD by faith and believe .The downpayment is made by the blood Of Jesus Christ If we endure to the end we will beable to regin and inherit the earth with God and Christ The end of the term occur when When the last battle betwen good and evil occur and Christ is exalted and satan is destroyed.THe Holy Spirt Function ended at that point. The Holy-Spirit function in our lives as the Spirit of Truth it help us to come to the truth about everything Concerning The father and the son, it helps and guide us to live a Godly and a Holy Life so that we can experince tha etenal life that was promise to us at salvation.

Ann

End of term is reference to the Coming of God's Kingdom to be established.

"THE END OF THE TERM"

When Christ has put everything in creation "under His feet" - I believe that is what is meant by the "end of the term". Being "sealed" by the Holy Spirit means that we are placed in escrow! We can not be touched or removed from God's "safety deposit box". However, we don't just lie idle - we are to continue gathering "interest" for the kingdom.

The down payment of the Holy Spirit is a constant reminder - a promise - that there is more waiting for us. Not only that we will receive an inheritance, but that we are also part of an inheritance - we belong to God. The deposit of the Holy Spirit also equips us - providing us with the tools, gifts, talents and direction we need to complete what we have been created to do - give God praise, honor, and glory!

I struggle with only one point. I have known people (my sister is one), who were sold out for God, who walked in fellowship with Him, who had tremendous ministries for Him; and then, walked away from that by their own choice. What happens to that "seal, that "mark"? Is it erased? Is it removed? I really do struggle with this, because I want her redeemed, I want her walking in truth, with a promise of a Heavenly eternity!

The seal and the down payment or dowery. I like to somewhat compare this to the making of a will. When a will is made a promise is given. There is a set time for the will to be opened. This promise is sealed however unlike God's promise we are able to have ours unsealed and changed according to the way we feel about those on the receiving end. When God makes us a promise and seals it , it is set in concrete and will never be changed because we have a never changing God.

The down payment is the touch of heaven we experience here.; Jesus said, " I have come to give them life and to give it more abundtly". To experience the abundant life is to live in the joy of the Holy Spirit helping us daily to be more and more in love with Jesus. He prompts us in the area of truth and error and when we abide in the truth we are filled with the joy of the promise. When our days on earth are ended we reap the greater joy or collect on the lump sum.To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. That is when we will no longer see through a glass darkly but then face to face. The seal will be removed and the lump sum revealed. Enter into the joy of the Lord.

• 3 weeks later...

In reading the scriptures I think the end of the term is when Christ shall return. The comforter came as a guarantee of the promise of Christ to seal or mark the ownership and deposit a downpayment for all who accept salvation thru the blood of Christ to be guided by the move and direction of the Holy Spirit. This we all can receive by God's grace and mercy. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good, His mercy enduredth forever.

The Holy Spirit Himself is the seal...or the guaranteer of our inheritance. Having taken Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior, He sent the Spirit to indwell us until the Day of the Lord...when we breathe our last breath here on earth and are taken directly to God in the next. The Spirit is the "promise" of something more to come...eternal life with God.

The "end of term" or the "redemption of those who are God's possession", I believe, comes after the Great Tribulation, the last 3 1/2 years of Daniel's 70th week. God has poured out the 7 bowls of his wrath on the nonbelievers, those who have taken the mark of the beast. God sends his prophets to tell his chosen ones about Jesus right up until the end...when Jesus comes to begin his 1000 yr reign...and Satan is defeated!

The Holy Spirit functions in our life by always being within us...encouraging us...praying with and for us when we are so despondant we can't pray ourselves...He is our conscience...our teacher...our reminder of what we already know. Without His presence, we couldn't make it!