JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

We are sometimes powerless because we do not leally appreciate that we have a huge reservoir of power available in us to live lives that are powerful and victorious. It is like being hungry and weak while our store is is well stocked up with food stuff. I am in deed guilty of this and will rise up to live a life of trust and dependency on the Holy Spirit. I will surrender to Him and will consciously believe that I have such power within me.

From what I have stated above, our lack of power is NOT that of inadequacy with the source but our lack of faith. I thus pray, increase our faith Lord.

The miracle-disciple producing congregation study the Bible, believe the Word, know and believe that the source of power- the Holy Spirit is in them and practice the Word. That is the secret.

We can change from operating from the powerless position to a higher level by increase in our faith through studying/ meditating in the Word and absolute trust in God.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we rely completely on ourselves - powerlessness overwhelms us. Our faith must grow. Some churches talk about christianity, some talk about Jesus. We need to know Jesus and understand what he did for us. We need to celebrate our redemption and the faithfulness of our God. We should overflow with such joy that Jesus can be seen in us in all aspects of our lives. We must rely on Jesus to be with us and guide us daily. He will always be there.

I believe we are powerless sometimes because it is the lack of faith,in believing what we really can do in the name of Jesus.We have the same powers Jesus had when he was here on earth.We need to get to that place of faith and believe we can function in the power of the Holy Spirit.I believe the more you get in the word will help us.Without faith we are wimpy.For our churches,we should be in a bible believing church.I also believe the Holy Spirit is our teacher.Jesus left the Comforter here on this earth to help us.Our help is there if we only believe and reach out to what God has for us. All God has for us is our inheritance.As we worship our Heavenly Father,love Him and adore Him.We know the Holy Spirit lives in us.Take hold of the power that is invested in us,and we will see changes.Amen

Q3. (Ephesians 1:18d) Why are we powerless sometimes? Is it an inadequacy with the source or with our faith?

Our source is never inadequate! I do have a problem with saying it is then because of our lack of "faith"

It doesn't take much faith to believe and God has given to each of us a measure of faith, However, we have to act upon it. I would put much of the blame on the teaching of God's word. Too many churches teach just milk only, and with it they offer, what ever you would like to hear. God has given to the church spirtual gifts, but the people are taught - they are not for today! They teach the people, do not raise your arms in surrender to the Almighty God, you must act dignified, and make sure you don't get too carried away with your worship, don't be too emotional. Why are we powerless??? Because we are holding back the Holy spirit. He came to give us "power," to go forth for God and for God to go forth in us.

Why do some congregations and movements produce disciples with miracle-believing faith and others produce disciples with wimpy faith?

Because they that are taught - every word written is true, they are words given to us from God. The word is alive, but for it to be alive in us we must read the Word, and study the Word. The church must be taught to understand, one of the reasons we have the Holy Spirit is to teach us God's truth. This congregation is taught the importance of prayer, they are taught who the believer is in Christ Jesus, we are more than conquers. The more the believer bonds with God, the more they desire to be like him; God's power is working in them, changing the way they think and act. That is real power, changing lives. This is why we lift our hands, this is why we sing praise, praise in worship and not just singing of songs to Him. The Holy Spirit who is living in us, gives us power to go forth, and in these days we are living in, we need that power to be bold for our Lord! It is sad to say but the world does not seem to want to hear about God or about Christ Jesus, and sadder yet, many church people don't either. Why are some powerless, because they choose to be.

How can this be changed?

We need to pray for revival to come to the heart of man.

Lack of Faith leads us to be powerless. It has to be preached from the pulpit. We have the same power as when Christ was raised from the dead. It is the manifestation & strength of the Holy Spirit working in us, otherwise we are powerless. Believe that with the help of the Holy Spirit, when you pray for someone to be healed that htey will be. Believe, believe.. Faith and belief go hand in hand. Pray until something happens.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:18d) Why are we powerless sometimes? Is it an inadequacy with the source or with our faith? Why do some congregations and movements produce disciples with miracle-believing faith and others produce disciples with wimpy faith? How can this be changed?

We are powerless! Without Christ we ca do nothing! Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow! So it must be our faith. Our question should always be, "Are we truly converted?" Too many "Christians" are trying to please God and not truly accepting His grace and His Son's sacrifice, which is what saves us. Is our faith of the Spirit or the flesh? Too many Christians have made God in their image. They have stopped opening up the Word and started to think for themselves and rationalize God in their lives. Wimpy faith comes from lack of true conversion and a belief in a gospel that isn't "Christ on the Cross". It is changed when the congregations start opening up to the word, instead of believing every pastor,evangelist and hot new author. People must seek truth on their own and not rely on the "arm of the flesh". All power is in Christ, so should all our faith and trust.

We are powerless! Without Christ we ca do nothing! Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow! So it must be our faith. Our question should always be, "Are we truly converted?" Too many "Christians" are trying to please God and not truly accepting His grace and His Son's sacrifice, which is what saves us. Is our faith of the Spirit or the flesh? Too many Christians have made God in their image. They have stopped opening up the Word and started to think for themselves and rationalize God in their lives. Wimpy faith comes from lack of true conversion and a belief in a gospel that isn't "Christ on the Cross". It is changed when the congregations start opening up to the word, instead of believing every pastor,evangelist and hot new author. People must seek truth on their own and not rely on the "arm of the flesh". All power is in Christ, so should all our faith and trust.

VERY GOOD WORD! WORTH REPEATING! - Thanks for sharing! - Eudora

The obvious answer would seem to be that we are sometimes powerless because we refuse to fully put our faith in God. I think there is no question that this inadequacy is within us. God, our source, is never inadequate. Yet, if we have a perfect unfailing source, why do we sometimes refuse to rely on it? I think it is due to sin harbored in my life which blinds and distracts.

Some denominations place more emphasis on the form and order off worship than on actual worship and the equipping of the saints to do the work of the kingdom. This can only be changed by true revival throughout the whole church, the body of Christ. :D

Q3. (Ephesians 1:18d) Why are we powerless sometimes? Is it an inadequacy with the source or with our faith? Why do some congregations and movements produce disciples with miracle-believing faith and others produce disciples with wimpy faith? How can this be changed?

I am powerless because I do not exercise this faith I have, I am powerless because I am crippled with fear, I am powerless because I do not step off this ledge of comfort and predictability into the point of no return; I am powerless because I do not take God at HIs Word.

The inadequacy is undoubtedly with my faith.

The movement must take hold of more than just a handful of faith-filled, Spirit-led, ledge-leeping, fealess, and obedient world-changers; they must infect their whole churches, who can then change their communities, and the world.

We change this by taking God at HIs Word, and seeking HIM FIRST, and jumping off the ledge!

- We are powerless sometimes , because of little faith we have in God . If only our eyes can be openned , we can see what God promised us , that when we accept Him His power dwells in Us .

It must stem from an inadequacy in our faith because their is no inadequacy possible in God or his potency. The same must also apply to the Holy Spirit. It is a lack of conviction; a lack of trust. The Holy Spirit will empower, if the believer will only open his or her heart to it and believe completely in it. The faith can move mountains. What is true of the individual is also true of believers acting collectively in a congregation. Collectively the depth of its faith will determine its effectiveness, its power. An ineffective congregation should look at its faith. It should, as Paul writes, open its heart to it. How best is that done? I think it is how we study, mediate upon and put into practice God's Word in every aspect of our lives, including as an active member of a congregation. Its His Word that inspires and guides. The Gospel is the power of God. It does not allow for half-hearted actions and responses.

Why are we powerless sometimes?

Often we rely on our own strength or we lack faith.

Is it an inadequacy with the source of our faith?

Often we rely on our own power instead of putting our faith in the power of God.

Why do some congregations and movements produce disciples with miracle-believing faith and others produce disciples with wimpy faith?

Some churches are Christ-centered, they refuse to compromise the gospel message, they make prayer a priority, and their worship is pleasing to the Lord.

Sadly, most churches are more concerned with pleasing man than pleasing God. They are obsessed with numbers. They are willing to compromise the gospel in order to fill their pews.

How can this be changed?

We need to pray for a true revival in the hearts of God's people.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:18d)

Q3.1 Why are we powerless sometimes? Is it an inadequacy with the source or with our faith?

Q3.2 Why do some congregations and movements produce disciples with miracle-believing faith and others produce disciples with wimpy faith? How can this be changed?

A3.1 We seemed powerless sometimes out of our inadequacy with our faith. We have wimpy faith, so to say.

A3.2 Some congregations and movements who produced disciples with wimpy faith, probably have not reached yet the spiritual maturity needed in order to understand what spiritual journey with Christ means.

God has to work on them more and they need to fine-tune more their connection with God, if they are that sincere in pursuing and doing according to God's ways. This can only be changed if they open their hearts, minds and eyes 100% toward God.

(Ephesians 1:18d) Why are we powerless sometimes?

We are powerless because we don't fully trust him to take care of us like we should. We forget the one that can do for us what we can't. We try to go it alone and it never works the way it should.

Is it an inadequacy with the source or with our faith?

It with our faith. It is not where it should be. We don't depend on him like we should.

Because some have learned the secret of turning to him first to take care of them and others depend on their own strength.

How can this be changed?

This can be changed when we study like we should and spend time with him. Then we can learn to be trust him to take care of us. Then we will see more power flowing through our lives again.

We are powerless sometimes because we consider only our worldly resources not the eternal ones. This comes from lack of faith. Some movements/congregations produce dispicles differently because of the teaching methods and some are more open to the movement of the Holy spirit.

Can be powerless at times not having faith, not having holy spirit and because we are imperfect in a wicked system.

Not having accurate knowledge, lack of faith and holy spirit.

By practicing (living) by Bible principles.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:18d) Why are we powerless sometimes?

We are powerless when we operate in the flesh. If our spirit is in communion with our counsellor, teacher and guide, we'd remember the power we have been given.

Is it an inadequacy with the source or with our faith?

The inadequacy is with our faith. We vacillate in and out of believing that we have the dunamis power that Jesus said we have. In John 14:12 he tells us:

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to My Father."

We have been given the power to do great works. We just need to use it.

Why do some congregations and movements produce disciples with miracle-believing faith and others produce disciples with wimpy faith? How can this be changed?

Congregrations that produce disciples with miracle-believing faith put into practice what they believe. When miracles happen they are inspired to trust God for others.

For a change to come for those "disciples with wimpy faith," as Paul prayed for the Ephesians, so must we pray for each other, so that the power that God has given to us would not lay dormant; but that we would do the work He has sent us to do.

• 3 weeks later...

If our attention is on earthly things and circumstances it is easy to lose your faith. If we are not connected to the source of our faith e will become a carnal christian This takes to be in the word daily and spending time in prayer being intimate with the Lord/ {that I may know Him and the ower of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings a nd to be conformed to His image} wewill be completelu power less. A church that is not focused on much prayer a nd their members are not c ommited will lose souls that otherwise coould be saaved for the kingdom.

If our attention is on earthly things and circumstances it is easy to lose your faith. If we are not connected to the source of our faith e will become a carnal christian This takes to be in the word daily and spending time in prayer being intimate with the Lord/ {that I may know Him and the ower of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings a nd to be conformed to His image} wewill be completelu power less. A church that is not focused on much prayer a nd their members are not c ommited will lose souls that otherwise coould be saaved for the kingdom.

• 2 weeks later...

I DON'T THINK WE ARE EVER POWERLESS...WE ARE JUST LAZY AND DON'T USE IT. GOD GAVE US ALL THE POWER WE NEED FOR WHATEVER WE NEED TO DO. IF WE HAD THE FAITH OF A MUSTARD SEED WE COULD MOVE MOUNTAINS...WHO OF US HAS THAT KIND OF FAITH? BUT GOD SAID WE HAVE IT!

OF COURSE, IT'S A LACK OF FAITH WHEN WE DON'T USE IT!

IS GOD INADEQUATE? OF COURSE NOT...BUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM SOMETIMES WANES AND OUR FAITH SUFFERS...BUT GUESS WHO MOVED IN THE RELATIONSHIP! GOD IS ALWAYS THERE FOR US TO RELY ON FOR STRENGTH AND WISDOM.

MANY CHURCHES TOLERATE "PEW WARMERS" AND SOME EVEN ENCOURAGE IT. A MOVING, GROWING CONGREGATION IS A BIBLE-READING, BIBLE-STUDYING, BIBLE-BELIEVING BODY. IT'S ONE THAT OBEYS GOD'S COMMANDS.......REACHING THE LOST AND BUILDING UP THE SAINTS. OUR BODY IS SLOWLY GETTING THERE, BUT WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. I THINK WE'RE GROWING QUICKLY ENOUGH BUT NOW IS THE TIME TO PUT SOME MEAT INTO THE WORD...WE NEED MORE SMALL GROUPS, GETTING MORE INTIMATE WITH OTHERS AND TELLING THEM HOW GOD IS WORKING IN OUR LIVES. PERSONAL TESTIMONIES ARE IMPORTANT IN SHOWING THOSE OF LESS STRONGER FAITH THAT GOD REALLY DOES CARE, EVEN FOR THE SMALL THINGS IN LIFE!

I DON'T THINK WE ARE EVER POWERLESS...WE ARE JUST LAZY AND DON'T USE IT. GOD GAVE US ALL THE POWER WE NEED FOR WHATEVER WE NEED TO DO. IF WE HAD THE FAITH OF A MUSTARD SEED WE COULD MOVE MOUNTAINS...WHO OF US HAS THAT KIND OF FAITH? BUT GOD SAID WE HAVE IT!

OF COURSE, IT'S A LACK OF FAITH WHEN WE DON'T USE IT!

IS GOD INADEQUATE? OF COURSE NOT...BUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM SOMETIMES WANES AND OUR FAITH SUFFERS...BUT GUESS WHO MOVED IN THE RELATIONSHIP! GOD IS ALWAYS THERE FOR US TO RELY ON FOR STRENGTH AND WISDOM.

MANY CHURCHES TOLERATE "PEW WARMERS" AND SOME EVEN ENCOURAGE IT. A MOVING, GROWING CONGREGATION IS A BIBLE-READING, BIBLE-STUDYING, BIBLE-BELIEVING BODY. IT'S ONE THAT OBEYS GOD'S COMMANDS.......REACHING THE LOST AND BUILDING UP THE SAINTS. OUR BODY IS SLOWLY GETTING THERE, BUT WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. I THINK WE'RE GROWING QUICKLY ENOUGH BUT NOW IS THE TIME TO PUT SOME MEAT INTO THE WORD...WE NEED MORE SMALL GROUPS, GETTING MORE INTIMATE WITH OTHERS AND TELLING THEM HOW GOD IS WORKING IN OUR LIVES. PERSONAL TESTIMONIES ARE IMPORTANT IN SHOWING THOSE OF LESS STRONGER FAITH THAT GOD REALLY DOES CARE, EVEN FOR THE SMALL THINGS IN LIFE!

• 2 weeks later...

(1) Because it is the lack of our faith. (2) It is our faith. (3) Because some congregations has a strong belief and teach about faith.

We do not understand or have not grasped what Christ laid hold of for us. Our faith has not expanded to grasp the truth. The strong church has opened the eyes of their heart and expanded their wisdom. As they seek God, He gives them greater revelation, and they have grasped the turth, and understanding of His power in us and through us. Meditate on the turths until they enter into your heart, and become operative in your life.