JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

God's motivation and character is described with the following words:

- his great love for us

- God, who is rich in mercy

- made us alive in Christ

- by grace you have been saved

-> 'made us alive in Christ' describes what has happened to us. Our God is an awesome God who loves us unconditionally and made us alive in Christ through nothing that we have done or will done. It is only through his love, grace and mercy that we are saved.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word that describe God's motivation and character in Eph. 1:4-5 are

1. His great love for us

2. He is rich in mercy.

3. He has made us alive with Christ

4. It is by grace that we have been saved.

Mercy and grace are the verbs that describe what has happened to us in Christ. :rolleyes:

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4-5) In verses 4 and 5, which words describe God's motivation and character? Which verbs describe what has happened to us in Christ?

• 4 months later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4-5) In verses 4 and 5, which words describe God's motivation and character? Which verbs describe what has happened to us in Christ?

God's character is Holy, in Him there is absolute truth, there cannot be any blot or mark in Him, He is Holy of Holys. God is compassionate, long suffering, merciful, full of goodness, He is just, God in His great mercy made way for fallen sinners to be brought into His Kingdom. How great a love is this? Holy God reaching down for vile sinners. Christ died, gave His life willingly that we may be saved. It was not just His death and the torture of death, Christ took upon Himself the vile wickeness of all our sins and bore the wrath of God on our behalf. Poor weaklings we are, praise be to God that He gave us St Paul to encourage us in looking into these wonderful things. Praise be to God for Jesus!

• 2 months later...

God's motivation and Character. God moved with compassion on our behalf because of his GREAT LOVE. HE MADE us alive in Christ. Made....past tense, already accomplished, finished. His love and grace we have been redeemed, bought back, repossessed if you will to himself. We are now alive in Christ and should be living with eternity in the forefront of our minds. This way we can beg to have God's heart for the lost souls of this world, so that we may go boldly and proclaim the cure for mankinds "cancer" sin.

• 2 months later...

God takes the initiative in the process of salvation.He chose us. (v4) now (v5) God predestined us to be adopted as his sons.

It describes one's attitude toward another which is unilateral, that is, one-sided, not depending upon what another does. "Grace" is not about merit or deserving, but about an unexplained love and generosity and giving on the part of the shower of that favor. Perhaps the best short definition of "grace" is "unmerited favor."

"The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin...." (Exodus 34:6-7)

Our rich-in-mercy God has struck again. This time where we have no basis at all of deserving mercy, he has taken the judgment we deserved upon himself in order to spare us. While we were dead ... he made us alive, an echo from Romans:

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:6-8)

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4-5) In verses 4 and 5, which words describe God's motivation and character?

In His love He chose us, He picked us out for His own in Christ, before (the foundation of the world). His motivation was that we should be holy, blameless, above reproach before Him in love...He preplanned in love for us to be adopted as His own children through Christ, because it pleased Him and was His kind intent.

He provided Jesus as the means for our holiness and adoption before He even created the world, knowing His creation would fall and turn away from Him and we would need to be "bought back" from Satan through the death of His Son, and yet He still went ahead with creation! What amazing love!!!

Which verbs describe what has happened to us in Christ?

Chose us, consecrated, set apart, blameless, above reproach, before Him in love, foreordained in love for us to be His, planned in love, adopted, through Jesus Christ, pleased Him, kind intent.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(Ephesians 1:4-5) In verses 4 and 5, which words describe God's motivation and character?

The following are the words which describe God's motivation and character:

1. Great love for us--God loves us and chose us

2. Rich in mercy--kindness or concern for one in need

3. Grace---unmerited favor

1. God....made us alive with Christ

2. By grace you have been saved.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it is love because His love for us is His motivation and character.We have been chosen before the foundation of the world and He predestined us to adoption as His children.

• 2 weeks later...

3a)God

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Answer about God's motivation and character

4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us [1] for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.

Which words describe God's motivation and character?

The two words that describe God's motivation and character are "he chose us" and "he predestined us"

I think the one verb is the verb " to adopt" another verb is " to redeem"

• 4 weeks later...

God's love for us describes his motivation to do what he did for us: sending His only begotten son to take on the burden of all of our sins!! This also describes his character!! God IS love! The word "be" says it all! we are (to Be) in Him: this encompasses all in all----everything God created is our inheritance and we have authority over Amen!

• 7 months later...

He is indeed loving, gracious and merciful. I feel a "wee tad", or perhaps more than a "tad" convicted. Where is the evidence of the grace God has given to me and continues to give to me? Where is the loving mercy that I owe others because Christ has died for me while I was a wicked sinner? Even if I had not repented He still would have offered me His nature through His death. It makes me ask for more grace, and to be filled with His mercy and His love. I am indeed reminded that I am completely reliant on Him filling me to overflowing to make His presence evident in my life. I am unable to even perform outside of my "self" without His living body sacrificed for me so that I too can live out His love, His grace, and His mercy.

• 1 month later...

In Ephesians 1 verses 4 and 5 "mercy" and "grace" describe God's motivation and character.

The verbs "made" and "alive" describe what has happened to us in Christ.

In Ephesians 1:4-5 "mercy" and "grace" describe God's motivation and character.

The verbs "made" and "alive" describe what has happened to us in Christ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Eph: 1:4-For he chose us in him before the creationof the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he(5) predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will---

God's motivation springs directly from His great love for us. He has done it all. Creation and salvation are all part of God's great love for us.

95)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Verse 4: God is motivated by His love for us while we were yet dead, because of sin He made us alive in Christ.

Verse 5: Because of His love and rich mercy He made us alive together in fellowship and union with Christ, partakers in His salvation.

Verbs: alive - we are made alive in Christ: mercy - His compassion for us, we have been spared the judgement that was upon us. 

• 1 year later...

God is rich in mercy. He has great compassion for us. He has a love for us that can not be described in the words of humans.

Through Christ, we have been able to come alive. We have been saved from all of our transgressions.

• 2 years later...
On 7/23/2006 at 9:29 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Mercy and Grace

We were once died but now we are alive.