JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Why is it so hard for us to understand grace?

It is when the spirit of the Lord holds a session of glory and power upon a life so that through the power of God, the life can be brought to an understanding of wealth by the hand of God. Wealth you ask? Yes, wealth , because it is by the grace of God that we have all that we have and it is because of The love of God Almighty that we breath. This is wealth to the life that is dead, for with out it, life does not exist.

The reason why grace is so hard to understand is because God gives freely, in abundance. A gift is something that is given out of love. What is inside the gift is not understood until the gift is opened. Grace is what is inside the gift and is not revealed until the wrapping is taken off. Not the package that the gift comes in but the gift itself. The peeling away, layer by layer to reach into the very core of the gift it

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we can't buy it or obtain it by ourselves. It is accepted by choice.

It is hard to imagine that someone would be willing to die for all of creation. To give gifts that we don't deserve. To have God's presence and love through Jesus Christ given by the Holy Spirit and imparting mercy & forgiveness, to give us the desire and power to do God's will is more than we can comprehend. We usually have to work hard for what we get. Grace is when you are favored and you can feel God's presence in your life. And you can feel in your spirit the mercy & forgiveness of doing wrong after repenting.

Our world is very competitive. Your worth is measured by your achievements which result in rewards. If you want somethnig, you must earn it. Nothing is free!

God's grace is free! He gives it because He wants to and not because we deserve it. God's grace is a gift he freely offers to all. It doesn't matter how good you are or what you have achieved or what you haven't achieved. God's grace is always there for you. It is up to you to accept it.

Why is it so hard for us to understand grace?What commonly held life principle does it demolish?

To show grace is to show that we are loving and that we have mercy towards someone else,it is a good gift that is given i believe at the moment when we recieve the salvation from Christ through faith.The way to expalin it to a 10 year old is to teach them by our actions and our belief in the Savior.IT demolishes pride and of sin,to have grace is the opposite of what the enemy wants from us.

Grace is God's kindness toward humanity, without regard to the worth or merit of those who receive it, and without deserving it. It is so hard for us to understand Grace, because we do not think that we deserve it, but Ephesians 2:8-9 For by Grace you have been saved throught faith, and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of work, least anyone should boast. Many christians do not understand that Grace is a gift, and when you are given a gift you do not have to work for it , pay for it just accept the gift. Grace comes into our lives when we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and his Grace is given to us in abundance. It demolish the commonly life principle that many Christians undestand that they have been saved by Grace, but still want to pay back God by doing good works. To translate the word "grace" to a 10- year old I would tell them that Grace is like when they would not clean they room the first time that mommy ask them to but gave them a second change to do it without being punish.

Q1. Why is it so hard for us to understand grace? What commonly held life principle does it demolish? Translate the word "grace" into language a 10-year-old child would understand.

Why is it so hard for us to understand grace?

We have trouble with it because we feel like we should have to do works to get anything. Its hard to grasp that it is ours for free.

What commonly held life principle does it demolish?

The price has already been paid so we don't need to do anything to get it.

Translate the word "grace" into language a 10-year-old child would understand.

Something you don't have to use your allowance on its free. :rolleyes:

Why is it so hard for us to understand grace? What commonly held life principle does it demolish? Translate the word "grace" into language a 10-year-old child would understand.

We are accustomed to receiving one thing in return for something else. Even gift giving is usually reciprocal. Often the value of our gift is determined by an assessment of what the value of what we will receive in return. In many matters of life there is a sense of a bargain. If you do not workat something, you will not succeed: no pain, no gain. Grace is a gift which is not deserved and often cannot be reciprocated. It is given because the giver wants to give it. The gift is given because the giver loves the person to whom he is giving the gift; not that the person has done anything to deserve the gift or is in a position to reciprocate.

Grace is so hard to understand because the sin nature does its best to try and justify itself...knowing full well it really deserves extinction.

It goes against the life principle of work/reward.

How can I explain to a 10 year old something thats going to take all eternity for me to understand? How about a thief that breaks into my house to steal then gets trapped in the fire he set to cover his tracks. And I rush into the blaze to save him from being burned alive. and then request all charges against him be dropped. And the criminal charges he must pay, I take his place so he may go free.

Q1. Why is it so hard for us to understand grace? What commonly held life principle does it demolish? Translate the word "grace" into language a 10-year-old child would understand.

It is hard to understand getting something we don't deserve and being told we don't have to give anything back.

It demolish our whole life of thinking that no one get something for nothing and that we must work or give something to get something in return.

To explain it to a child when so many of us fail to totally understand is hard but I would say it's like doing everything you know your parents don't want you to do, talking back hatefully to them, striking them and then having them put their arms around you, kiss you and tell you they still love you and always will.

Grace is so hard to understand because us humans seem to be always ready to fight or slash back to others..

Our hair at the back of our necks seem to stand up ready to retailuate...

However GRACE does the opposite it answers with LOVE...

Thinks of others first.

Our greatest gift we can show to others is our Lord's AMAZING GRACE.

How to tell others about grace is to live with God's grace towards others.

Gods gift of Grace is hard to understand, becasue , this world, is a do for me and ill do for you. To just recieve something so wonderful for nothing, except acceptance is hard to comprehend. We do nothing to Deserve Gods grace, it is just a gift, that cannot be earned by works, By grace we are saved thru Faith.

It is not rewarded for good behavior, God just loves us unconditionally.

For a child, I guess, one would just say i do this because i love you, not for anything you have done to deserve that love. ITs just unconditional, i just want whats best for you.

I think the reason why it is hard to understand grace is the fact that grace is something given to us that we didn't earn. Alot of people have a hard time understanding that concept. I didn't deserve it but it was given to me through faith in Christ Jesus. The commonly held life principle that it demolishes is that we can not work or earn salvation. Grace is something that is not deserved but given because it makes the giver happy to give it.

It's hard for some to understand the concept of getting something without having to work for it.

This demolishes the life principle that you don't get something for nothing or there's no such thing as a "free lunch."

Grace means to give favor to someone without them having to give back anything in return.

Q1.1 Why is it so hard for us to understand grace?

Q1.2 What commonly held life principle does it demolish?

Q1.3 Translate the word "grace" into language a 10-year-old child would understand.

A1.1 Because, we are used to be required training first before we are allowed to do something for a living or for recreation (when handling expensive equipments like a car or computer) or whatever other activities.

A1.2 The principle of education, training and even ancestral blood related traits, which we worldly believe to to be responsible for our "evolved" capabilities and characters.

A1.3 Grace - a favor, given out of mere love, care or like for a person or thing or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been brought up with a work ethic since childhood. sometime our parents haave instilled a legalistic way of living.It demolsihes thata we are not worthy enough to freely a ccept a blessing.Grace is like a child living in a home given food home and all the neccesitates of life and not ever been approached in paying for theem because it is freely given and never brought up to the child.

Grace is a difficult concept for us because of our attitudes toward others. We expect everyone to earn our respect, love, attention, etc. We live by the concept "you can't get something for nothing" (grammar not mine!!). If we understood grace as a 10 year old it would be like getting the best video game ever after being the naughtiest we have ever been.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe because grace is an act of love and that is given to us freely. Sometimes it is hard to receive love when we had came from a home with no or little of love or we don't feel love nor did not have love in our heart before we were saved. To accept anything that is free is hard for some people because sometime whoever that is giving the gift is looking for something in return. That is why some is hard to understand God's grace.

I believe that it is hard for us to understand "grace" because it is a spiritual concept. Grace is of God not man.

Men believe that we get what we deserve, grace is getting what you do not deserve. We deserve death, but through Jesus Christ we have eternal life. We deserve to be forever seprated from God but grace allows us to not anly become connected again but to become sons through adoption. We have the same rights as the firlst son. Thank you Lord for grace.

• 1 month later...

It's hard to understand grace because we've been taught to "earn our keep", "there's no free lunch", "if it looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is". It makes it difficult to move away from a mindset of many years to one that is 180 degrees the other direction. Grace is a gift, given in love, asking nothing in return.

When i hear Grace my heart shoots to a peek of thinkig that,Another Chance is given for my life are for my unwanted work

I think always that i got the grace of god Easily, Im not able to understand the value of grace

When we see a child- it will always do some unwanted mischiefs and it will understands that the act is not correct, So automatically the child will think that parents Etc.., should not punish... So child will be longing for grace ....

Why is it so hard for us to understand grace?

Because our hearts are naturally desperately wicked. NO good thing dwells in us.

What commonly held life principle does it demolish?

That everything has a price. There is no buying our way into heaven.

Translate the word grace into language a 10 year old would understand?

I guess I might liken it to an animal that is found dirty, underfed, and full of oozing sores. Someone feels sorry for it and takes it into his house and feeds, cleans and makes it healthy. The animal did nothing to earn it and was repulsive to look at. That's how God sees us. He paid the price to redeem us from the bad owner and took us into His family to live with Him forever.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6: 24-26

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is because we never get that kind of love, (grace is not something we can give) and have never gave it. It is something what we can never experience, our love is never unconditional, we always expect something in return, grace is unknown form of behaviour for our human nature.

Grace is a kind of gift what is given to you and you don't have to do anything to get it, and only good God can give it to you. It is a kind of gift which helps you do be better.

It is hard for us to understand GRACE because we just cannot accept that God saved us out of favor and that we did nothing to earn salvation. Afterall, our culture teaches us that there is nothing free. Again there are some who teach that if your good deeds outweigh your bad then you will make it to the Kingdom of God (A BIG LIE).

I believe Grace demolishes the principle of Santa Clause - Be good, get a reward (gift); Be bad, get nothing. This means you must earn what you want get in life.

Grace can be translated as "gift". Children understand gift as something they did not work for; something given out of LOVE.