JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Ephesians 3:12 teaches us to approach God as children approach the father.

We are not to be timid but rather be bold. We are to have faith and confidence

in him. If we try to pray without these qualities, then God does grant his mercy

and grace. Our prayers are unheard.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. What does Ephesians 3:12 teach us about the manner of approaching God?

I am to approach God with boldness, not being afraid. How? my high priest "Jesus" has gone before me, He is speaking on my behalf. Father God desires to have a relationship with me, and by the work of the cross, Jesus opened the door for me, I can walk right in, I can have fellowship with the Father who sits on the trhone.

What happens if we try to pray without these qualities?

In Hebrews 4:16 Let us come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. The word "may" simply means "will" -- Jesus has made a way for us to come before the Father, the price has been paid, the work has been done, so I "will" go boldly, boldly with a thankful heart to Jesus, for He opened the door, invited me to come in. :P

• 2 weeks later...

We can approach God with freedom and confidence because we are the adopted children of God. We approach Him with Faith.

If we pray without the Faith, confidence and freedom, our prayers will not be heard. :rolleyes:

WE ARE GODS CHILDREN THROUGH THE UNION OF JESUS CHRIST.WE CAN APPROACH GOD WITH FREEDOM AND CONFIDENCE.WE WILL BE WELCOMED BY HIS OPEN ARMS.I FEEL AT TIMES I AM SO UNWORTHY TO GO TO GOD,BUT I STILL GO TO HIM AND TELL HIM HOW I FEEL ALWAYS ASKING FOR HIS HELP.GOD IS ALL POWERFUL AND HE IS MY STRENGTH.I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER AFTER I TALK TO HIM.I KNOW I CAN TALK TO GOD ABOUT ANYTHING AND HE IS THERE LISTENING TO ME.MY HELP IS IN THE LORD.GOD IS THERE AND WAITING TO HEAR FROM US.GOD LOVES US.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. What does Ephesians 3:12 teach us about the manner of approaching God? What happens if we try to pray without these qualities?

We should approach God with the assurance of our access to Him, He bids us come to Him with our petitions; with boldness and confidence, not with fear or trembling; with confidence, certain assurance that God will answer all prayers within His will. God loves us and wants us to be happy, but He won't give us things that will hurt us, or hinder our walk with Him.

Q4. What does Ephesians 3:12 teach us about the manner of

approaching God? What happens if we try to pray without these

qualities?

What does Ephesians 3:12 teach us about the manner of approaching God?

That we can go boldly before his throne and present our request to him and he is willing to hear our prayers and to answer them. :rolleyes:

Nothing will happen. We willl not see our needs met or get his help as we go through our problems.

• 1 month later...
Q4. What does Ephesians 3:12 teach us about the manner of approaching God? What happens if we try to pray without these qualities?

Praise the Lord, we can approach God with boldness and with confidence!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes: First, we must approach God through faith; because without it, it would be impossible to pleae Him and if we can't please Him than there would be no confidence or boldness in approaching Him and this is what God requires of us.

• 1 month later...

you know what comes to mind as silly as it may seem, that here in the united states, we call driving a car a right, it's our right. but over in england, they call it a privilege. god provided a way for us to come to him anytime and anywhere. it is a privilege to do so. i don't really think that those of us who really lack these qualities really understand the monumental privilege in going to god at anytime or anywhere.

• 4 months later...

We need to come before the Father having all faith in Him. We have freedom to come before him boldly because of our faith in Him. Because of this faith, we can also have confidence that He will hear and answer our prayers as any Father would. This faith is received through the Holy Spirit and through our acceptance of the gift of salvation given to us by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. He has adopted us and we can be confident that as His children, we will receive everything we ask for that is not detrimental to ourselves or others.

However, if we don

• 2 months later...

This passage teaches us that because of Jesus living on this earth as He did, he knows and understands what we go through every day, so we should not be timid or ashamed of coming to God in prayer of these very temptations and burdens that keep a hold of us. If we cannot go to God in prayer over these things then we will continue to stay torn down and not able to accept the victory that He has waiting for us if we would only accept it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Because of our faith in Him we dare to have the boldness, courage and confidence of free access (an unreserved approach to God with freedom and without fear.)

We pray in fear and unbelief not really expecting an answer because we don't really believe we can ask the Father. At best, we pray wishy washy prayers, and at the worst, we sin, because scripture teaches that whatever does not proceed from faith is sin. (Whatever is done without a conviction of its approval by God is sinful) Rom. 14:23b Amp.

• 1 month later...

Q4.

What does Ephesians 3:12 teach us about the manner of approaching God?

The three important words here are access, boldness, and confidence. Our access is our liberty to speak to God in prayer. It could be a very frightening experience to come into the presence of our mighty God, but thanks to Christ, by faith we can enter directly into God's presence through prayer. We know we will be welcomed with open arms because we are God's children through our union with Christ. Since Christ Jesus is ours and we are his, bought with his blood, indwelt by his Spirit, we know that we have free and unrestricted access to the Father. Our boldness is the respectful attitude and absence of fear we have as children addressing their Father. Such boldness is possible only through our faith in Christ Jesus our Lord. Now we can and should approach him without restraint, telling him all our troubles, asking him to help us in all our needs. Our confidence is the assurance of a welcome, a hearing, and a wise and loving answer. What an awesome privilege to be able to approach God with this freedom and confidence.

• 2 months later...

<!--coloro:#990000--><span style="color:#990000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Palatino Linotype--><span style="font-family:Palatino Linotype"><!--/fonto-->The qualities of verse 12 are a perfect guide for checking my relationship and communication with God. Whether or not I take advantage of this access to Yahweh, boldly come to Him without fear, and am certain of His trustworthiness says a lot about how well I personally know Him. Am I timid or fearful about coming to the Father? Am I careless, even apathetic, about this privilege of approach? Am I doubtful or unsure or incredulous about His love and goodwill toward me? Too often, the unfortunate answer is "yes".

I am impressed that the 3 specific traits listed in this verse are impossible apart from the condition of being in Christ Jesus my Lord and approaching God through my faith in Him. Paul sort of sandwiched those traits right between these two requirements. First of all, there is no personal access to God for the person who has not repented of sin and received the redemptive covering of Christ's holy righteousness that makes us acceptable in God's presence. And then, the qualities of boldness, approach, and confidence in God will never be fully operational without my faith being put into action.

The L<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->ORD<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> won't answer unbelieving prayer. If we try to pray apart from these qualities, we will have an ineffectual prayer life. We'll be reserved or hesitant in coming to the Father in the first place. We'll tend to walk by sight instead of faith, leaning on our own understandings and how we feel about things. We won't be praying with the full assurance that God hears and answers our prayers according to His good plan and purposes (which means the answer will be for good). The result of all that is that we'll be living powerless defeated lives. Saved, but not so productive for the kingdom of God.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Dear "Pickledilly"

I would just like you to know how much our ladies' bible study group enjoys and benefits from your wise, Godly and insightful responses to the questions in this Ephesians bible study. Our group of 15 or so, mainly expatriate ladies, meets every Friday morning in a small mining town in Zambia, Africa, and we so often refer to your responses to the study questions. Just want to commend and encourage you and let you know that your thoughts are touching lives even in this small group of women on the other side of the world! Thanks and God bless you!

• 7 months later...

It tells us to pray with boldness and faith which is showing that we know God hears our prayers. If we try to pray without these qualities it is like we dont have any faith in our Father Jesus Christ and that means we dont know for sure He hears us. He has given us that boldness in Him and we can go to Him boldly knowing He will hear us. Not always will He answer our prayer like we want but He will answer it to what will be best.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What does Esphesians 3:12 teachus about the manner of approaching God?

It teaches us that we can go boldly and in obedience to the God for ouselves. We can go boldly to the throne of faith and partion for ourselves. As a believer we have a choice. we can attempt to live this life by either Law or faith We cannot live by both.

Your prayer will be in vain; you must have faith in God that he will do what he says he will do. There is no other safe place or hiding place that will protect you, teach you and keep you unto him.

• 6 months later...

Ephesians 3:12 teaches us about the manner of approaching God in freedom and wonder of our relationship with the Almighty God through faith.

We "commoners" have access to come before the King of the Universe with our petitions and our hearts of praise. (Ephesians 2:18) We are not to be timid before God. We can be confident of his favor and love. He delights in us.

If we try to pray without these qualities we will not be able to have a solid foundations in God and our prayer life will be built on a sand.

Ephesians 3:12 teaches us about the manner of approaching God in freedom and wonder of our relationship with the Almighty God through faith.

We "commoners" have access to come before the King of the Universe with our petitions and our hearts of praise. (Ephesians 2:18) We are not to be timid before God. We can be confident of his favor and love. He delights in us.

If we try to pray without these qualities we will not be able to have a solid foundations in God and our prayer life will be built on a sand.