JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q34. Our Calling

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Behave in a manner worthy of the good news about Jesus Christ.

Listening (hearing his voice) about what is required of us and hear his commandments.

Happy New Year Pastor Ralph and Fellow Course mates. I just just had access to the study now and want to join you who have already kicked off. I wish all of us of a wonderful time walking with and in the Lord this year. God bless you. And now, back to business.

The standard of our behaviour is Jesus Christ. The meaning of the word 'Christian' is Christ-like. We are called to be like Christ in all our conduct. That means we should love like Him, hate sin like Him, seek the salvation of souls like Him and to seek and work for the unity of the saints like Him. He should be our example in every thing.

The 'calling' to which God has called us is the call to be united with Him and with one one another, fallowing Him just as the disciples responded when he called them individually when He was on earth. As we respond to the call, we have to do everything to His glory and not ours.

God bless us and help us to be like our Lord in every thing we do this year.

our behavior is to be Christlike and to be like the Lord Jesus. Our calling to be followers of Jesus but to live in a way that can give God the Glory.It is special when people can look at us and look at the life that we are living and be able to say they are loving the Lord with all that they are.A calling is something that is very sacred and should be treasured especially when it comes to the Lord.It is so good to be back and i say hi to all my brothers and sisters in Christ on Joyful Heart,be blessed

We are to live a life worthy of our calling.

God has called us to follow Jesus.

We need to live our lifes in such a way that we bring glory to God.

We need to be careful not to do anything that would discredit our faith to non-believers.

We should inspire to do our very best for God and to give Him our very best.

Q1. (Ephesians 4:1) According to verse 1, what is the standard of our behavior? What is the "calling" to which God has called us?

The standard of our behavior is that we are a prisoner of God.

The calling is to live a life worthy of the calling that was given to me and a behavior that is a credit to God service.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Q1. (Ephesians 4:1) According to verse 1, what is the standard of our behavior? What is the "calling" to which God has called us?

The life of christ is the standard for our behaviour. Jesus has shown us the kind of life that pleases the father. Everything about the life of Jesus is clearly written in the Bible. Therefore for Christians today who were not there when christ walked the surface of the earth, THE BIBLE IS THE STANDARD.

God has called us to be disciples of Christ and we must walk as such.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

we are suppose to act like our parents. even though we have natural dads and moms, our new parents are the holy spirit and the word of god.god has called us his own, we are his sons and daughters.

• 3 months later...

Some years ago my husband bought a used Mercedes-Benz for me to drive. Yes it was an older car, but I had never had a Mercedes before, for goodness' sake! No longer could I just jump in the car in a t-shirt, denim shorts, and flipflops with no lipstick on! The essence of that car demanded a higher standard than that. There was a certain image that I felt I must uphold. A reputation to protect. I wanted to look like I was worth the worth of that name. And I had to drive more carefully because I just couldn't be seen pulled over by blue lights somewhere in that car!

As a believer, the standard for my behavior is the "calling" to which I have been called. There is an expectation of quality and excellence for my life because of the quality and excellence of the call. The way I present myself and conduct my life should be affected by that call. Romans 8:28 says that I have been called according to the purpose of God. 1 Corinthians 1:9 says I have been called into the fellowship of Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 1:9 says that my calling is to holiness. I have received a divine invitation to participate in the holiness of God by way of salvation through Jesus Christ. The challenge in this verse is to live a life worthy of that invitation.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus is to be the standard of our behavior. We are to be like Him in all we say and do and even think. And, this is to be at all times, every day, always. Not just on Sunday or when it suits us.

As professing Christians, we represent Jesus here and now. We represent not just Him, but also what He stands for. We represent Him always -- we speak for Him in our words and our actions. This is our calling, to be Him to others. By this we are known as His. We must do this to the full extent of our abilities in order to bring Him the glory.

We show the world who He is as a group, not just as individuals. If there is no unity among Christians, only conflict, then this is how Christiantity and Jesus are perceived -- as a series of conflicts with no truth to be revealed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

was that those who had been called must devote themselves to living a life that honors and respect their calling. it a responsibility to live a life that honor that gift through obedience growth and sincerity.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(Ephesians 4:1) According to verse 1, what is the standard of our behavior?

I'm called to live my life in a way that is a credit to my Lord....in public as well as when I'm alone.

What is the "calling" to which God has called us?

My calling is to be a disciple of Jesus...to allow Him to live His life through me so I think like Him, talk like Him, act like Him, and allow His love to flow through me to those around me....to draw others to Him.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Ephesians 4:1)

According to verse 1, what is the standard of our behaviour?

What is the "calling" to which God has called us?

We are to behave as one body. We should be concentrating on the things that unite us: one Lord, one faith, one Spirit, and one God. Differences often cause division but if we make a determined effort these can be overcome, especially if we acknowledge the viewpoints of others. We are called to follow Jesus, to be like Him and also to bring glory to Him.

• 6 months later...

I like this verse because he isn't telling us to live a certain way in order to earn the calling but to live in a way that reflects the salvation we already have. So this isn't about following rules. It's about living a life of gratitude for the awesome relationship we have with Christ. It's a good reminder to be intentional in the way we live our lives. So many times we focus on making sure that people "pray the prayer," and we leave it at that. I was one of those "prayers" who didn't really understand about living a life worthy of my calling for years. Again, we need to be conscious of how we're living every day, not as a way to earn God's love but as a way to respond to it.

• 2 months later...

1a)The only Jesus often people will see is that shown through our lives. We show the world who He is as a group, not just as individuals. If there is no unity among Christians, only conflict, then this is how Christianity and Jesus are perceived -- as a series of conflicts with no truth to be revealed. The standard must be live a life worthy of the Lord. "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. Jesus replied. Therefore it is what the Lord would be doing, in Kindness, gentleness, humility, patience, longsuffering and fierce justice. B) The “calling” to which God has called us is to follow Jesus, to be his disciples, to be like him and glorify God in all we do. :D

• 3 weeks later...

To imitate Christ. God has called us to follow Him and to love one another with brotherly love so that the light of Christ will shine in and through us for others to see to glorify Him.

• 1 month later...