JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

I have answered part of this question but not the part about Jesus's part in doing the will of his father.  Even when Jesus was a child, he always stated that he was about his father's business, In the temple teaching as well as in his adult life. He always taught his disciples that he came to do his father's will and anything he said and did was done or said because it was the will of him who sent "me".  In the garden when he prayed before his arrest he ask the father to let this cup pass, but not my will, but thine will be done. So He knew from birth that he was sent to do the will of his father and never claimed otherwise. He said " I say what my father say".  

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Hebrews 1:2-3) What about the author's description of the Son makes you think that the Son described is himself divine? What role does the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses?

The Son is the heir, He is the creator of the universe and all things in it, He sustains all. the Son is the one that implements the will of the Father both in the beginning, in the present, and in the future. The son is the Word.

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2007 at 5:46 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Hebrews 1:2-3) What about the author's description of the Son makes you think that the Son described is himself divine? What role does the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses?

The fact, that Jesus is called the Son, I believe is indicative of His divinity.  One point which I try to keep in  mind is that in referring to the Son as divine, is in reference to His preexistence. His flesh, His body, was not divine, it was flesh and blood, human, His body was matter.  This is shown by the fact that He got tired, slept, got hungry, felt pain, and died a physical death. Deity can't die.  The physical body of Jesus was the tent in which deity resided, in order that God might reconcile the world to Himself,  and bring things under the feet of Christ.  As God, nothing needed to be subjected to Him, nothing put under His feet. The author's use of the term heir of all things, meaning that Christ as the Son of God, the flesh of God, was entitled to all aspects of authority.  It was the preincarnate Word, that created the world.  Jesus was the "exact representation,"   of God, and Jesus was the invisible God made visible in human form, as God is Spirit, and can not be seen.  The  Greek Word for person (persona) was a mask that Greek actors wore when acting to reveal their character, but also to hide their own character.  As mortal beings, we would be unable to see God's glory and live, and so it was in Jesus Christ that God's glory could be concealed so we could see divinity, at the same time concealing deity which would be destructive to us. As well, the divinity of Jesus is seen by the the authors's statement that not only did the world come about because of Him, but is also held together by Him. Colossi ans states that all thing were created through Him and for  Him.  Jesus' sitting down at the Father's right hand indicates the position  of authority that the God-man had been given, but again this authority in relationship to Jesus' humanity.  The  preincarnate Word, always possessed all  power.

The Son's role is to be conduit, the vehicle, in human form to be a physical representation of deity, by which all things were created, held together, and and the redemption of His chosen. This was the Father's will.

• 1 year later...

One of the main reasons he would say this is because of the fact that one of Jesus' name means God with us and that name is Immanuel. He also declared a lot of I am statements and only God's Son would do that since He is the exact image of the Father and has been before time. He is the heir over all things and made the worlds and upholds all things and purged our sins when He died on the cross. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2007 at 4:46 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

That He made the universe and that He is the exact representation of God.

He performs all of it by His word.  Very powerful.

• 5 months later...

To rule with God suggests they are sharing the same role. To sustain the universe is clearly no task for an angel!!!!!! To act by speaking the word that sustains everything you must know what's is in the heart of the Father. 

• 1 year later...

I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols." (Isaiah 42:8)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

This God's biblical words, to be digested fully, in faith and eternal hope. The Son never sinned because  He "prayed and remained in the Father's Wiil from birth until He said "It is finished" 

We must gratefully praise Him forever!! 

The author's description of the Son as the 'radiance of God's glory" Assures me the Son is himself divine! The Son came to serve and follow the Father's will perfectly, and He is now heir and sustainer of of all things, LORD over all; He is to be obeyed fully. This requires prayerful repentance when we recognize our sin!

"... 2b his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven." (1:2b -3)

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2007 at 7:46 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. What about the author's description of the Son makes you think that the Son described is himself divine?

Everything! By faith the Holy Spirit witnesses into my being the truth of God’s Word

Jesus is ABBA’s only begotten son and Heir of all things

He was always with Abba and Holy One as they made the universe, earth and humans together

He is exact representation and radiance of ABBA’s glorious being and proved it as He walked on earth as a human/spiritual being by sustaining  all things by His Word which is powerful.

He dealt with sin and the devil and now He’s seated in heaven at the right hand of the Majesty

2. What role does the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses?

“Holy, Purifier, Caring, Provider, Teacher, Victorious, Warrior, Saviour”

I’d say his character role revealed here is that’s it the heart of God to save humanity from sin. He is provider of purification for sins. His holiness demands sin and the devil- be dealt with. Although God, Jesus cared enough about me/us to leave heaven, was birthed through the virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit. By His human daily fellowship with Abba He taught me/us how to live in the Spirit supernaturally by abiding in the Way, the Truth and the Life by faith. He revealed that there was nothing He wouldn’t do for me/us once and for all to fix the sin and devil issue plaguing mankind. He’s my/our overcoming victorious warrior!

Only a divine loving God - Himself could do this.... I am/we are so loved 🥰

On 10/23/2022 at 12:34 AM, royk said:

I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols." (Isaiah 42:8)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

This God's biblical words, to be digested fully, in faith and eternal hope. The Son never sinned because  He "prayed and remained in the Father's Wiil from birth until He said "It is finished" 

We must gratefully praise Him forever!! 

I love the way you have written and spoken this with your heart of love for Abba dearest, Royk