JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

A father appoints a Son before the Son represents the family as a whole. Jesus was heir of God because He came from God as the creative force of God through which all things were created. Christ meaning Annointed One is His Divine heirship as the direct image of God. Through His sacrifice on the cross He gave us power to be the sons and daughter of God..through Christ.. Christ in God manifested Jeus, the word in flesh.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Hebrews 1:2-3) What about the author's description of the Son makes you think that the Son described is himself divine? What role does the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses?

The Son is the radiance of God

The fact that Jesus is the "exact representation" and the "radiance of God's glory" demonstrates so clearly His divinity and equality with God. The author of Hebrews makes it a "no-brainer" to know what he means about Christ's divinity.

Jesus' roll in fulfilling the will of God is that of the Father Himself. He is, as God's son, so part of God and therefore will be perfectly in tune with God's divine will.

Q2. (Hebrews 1:2-3) What about the author's description of the Son makes you think that the Son described is himself divine? What role does the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses?

!. The Son is the exact representation of the Father - all that God is, His essence, is displayed in the Son.

2. Jesus is not only the exact representation of God - He is God. The work and will of God - ruling, sustaining, creating, providing purification - all these things are expressed in the Son.

when it says "by whom also he made the worlds" and "he had by himself purged our sins"

He has the role of doing, by "upholding all things by the word of his power and being his will, by expressing his image

• 1 month later...

Becuase he is described as the the radiance of God's glory and representation of him as well. Furthermore he sits at the right side of God which shows he is divine in his eyes because he gave his life to safe all of us.

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

The Son himself is divine because he is the co-creator and agent of creation. He is the radiance of divine glory, the exact representation of God's being and like God Himself, is the sustainer and preserver of the universe. Jesus is God period, and should never be compared to religious leaders of this world. Because of who Jesus is, Christianity should never be labellled with the other religions of the world - it is God's prescription to solve the human plague. Christians, I pray that we become more confident as we totally immerse ourselves in God's Word so that the presence of the Holy Spirit in us be obvious to all. Let's work with Jesus to call his lost s children, strengthen his lambs and joint Him to preserve the universe by being the light and the salt of the world.

In the authors words Jesus is the exact representation of GOD THE FATHER. John1:14 The word became flesh and made His dewelling amongst us. We have seen His Glory, the Glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of Grace and Truth. Jesus came to serve His Fsther and Glorify His name throghout yhe earth and the Sent the Son so that anyone who would listen and hear his word and repent of his sins and Belive in the Father sent His Only begotten Son to save the world through Him. They who repented and recieved the Lord Jesus in their heart would be saved and would have everlasting life.

• 2 weeks later...

The author's description of the Son makes me think that Jesus is ruler over all he is more superior than the angels. God the father appointed him after the purification of all sins he became equal to God. Jesus the "Son" was exactly everything God his Father was. He became an beneficiary of God so in that meaning that he took possession of the things that God himself is in control of. :)

• 1 month later...

Q2 Jesus is the exact representation of God, radiance of Gods glory and being pure without any blemish to save all from sin.

Jesus is upholding Gods will by truth of his word and honor.

• 4 weeks later...

since he is the Heir,co creator and agent of creation,the radiance of Divine Glory,the exact representation of God's being, sustainer and preserver of the universe and co ruler he is surly Divine.Actually he is controlling everything in this World according to the will of God

• 2 months later...

1. All of these six titles makes me think he is the Divine Son of God.

2. I think that, according to Hebrews 1:2-3, Jesus Christ has the role of Divine Prince and Co-Ruler of the Universe (Isaiah 9:6)

Blessings!

Radwulf.

The Son is the Radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.

After providing purification for our sins he sits at the right hand of the Majesty. That says it all , As God is our divine Father, and Jesus is His Son.

• 1 month later...

The way the author describes Jesus we know that He is more special than any ordinary individual. There is no man/woman who can hold all six titles the author describes co- creator- we as human beings know that the world was created by God not by human hands. Genesis 1:1 tells us " In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." Jesus was there in the beginning with God during the creation of mankind. Knowing this fact we can come to the conclusion that He is divine. The author lets us know that Jesus is the express image of God and the exact representation of God. He is the sustainer, preserver,heir,glory and co ruler as well. His sits at the right hand of the father making intercession for us. He is our mediator since God can not look on a sinful world he can not look directly on us. He looks to Jesus and we look to Jesus as our help. The son rules with the authority given to Him. He sustains us and holds us up when we fall and helps us press through our trials and tribulations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First I would say that the description of Jesus being an heir to God. To me that means Jesus has the same authority that His Father has and that He joins His Father in ruling in the Heavenly Kingdom. Actually all the descriptions lead me to believe that Jesus is one with God. Whatever happened or happens now they have and has always been together. Jesus is God in the flesh. We as a people needed to see and divine sacrifice and God sent His only Son to be that sacrifice. Jesus left us with a view of who His Father really is.

• 1 month later...

God tells us that He has spoken to us thru His Son, that He appointed His Son heir to all things, that His inheritance is universal dominion. Thru His power and glory He shines, upholding everthing by His word. Jesus gets to sit down at the right hand of God, or as Hebrews says, "Majesty on high." The express image of His person is showing us exactly who He is, the brightness of His glory comes from being truly devine. According to these verses Jesus was there in the beginning of all, that He would be sent to us to speak the truth to us, that He had by Himself purged our sins, that He is worthy of all praise and glory, HE did the FATHERS` will. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus is the EXACT representation of God. Jesus is the complete God in a human body. Therefore, God could walk among the people in his "Jesus" form and interact with them which we know is how we human sinners learn best. When Jesus spoke, many listened and understood. God, through Jesus Christ, has made things so easy for us to learn and grow.

It amazes me when I hear people say, "How can I believe in something I can't see or touch?" Well, we are taught of many great public figures in history who did amazing things and we have never physicallly touched them, but we believe in what they say. Same thing with Jesus.......God put Jesus here so that we could KNOW that Jesus could be heard and touched. He is very real and tangible.

I wish for everyone that they could FEEL Jesus and be TOUCHED by Jesus every day as I have been. He is real and He teaches us, takes care of us, just as He did when He was creating the universe. That is more believable to me than even some of the stories I hear about public figures in history.

• 5 weeks later...

The Son's Divinity is clearly demonstated by the following truths stated in Hebrews one.

He is Heir and owner of all things. ( Verse 2)

He created everything. ( Verse 2, 10)

He is the Outshining of God's Light. ( Verse 3 )

He is like the Father in every way. ( He possesses all Divine Attributes) ( verse 3)

He is the one who watches over and governs all creation.( verse 3 )

He is worshipped. ( Verse 6 )

He is sinless. ( Verse 8-9 )

He is Eternally unchanging.( Verse 11)

God Himself calls Jesus God. ( Verse 8 )

Jesus fulfilled the Father's Will when He cleansed our sins by His own Blood.( Verse 3 ), then rose again from the dead and ascended to Heaven. He is currently seated at the right hand of God as our High Priest, Head of the church, Lord over all Creation, etc. ( Verse 3 )

He fulfilled the purpose of God by living a perfect sinless life, (though He was tempted in every way), ( Verse 9 ), and He gave Himself as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world. At His ascension, He became the mediator between God and man.

• 4 weeks later...

To me, the description "the exact representation of God's being" lets me know that Christ is divine. The role is when Christ provided the forgiveness of our sins by His death on the cross, He took His place of authority at the right hand of God. Christ's redeeming activity in heaven involves His ministry as divine mediator, high priest, intercessor, and baptizer in the Spirit.

• 1 month later...

Jesus was the Word Incarnate... Left heaven! Isiah stated that the Word would not return VOID... but would accomplish what It was sent to do. Jesus returned to the Father having completed the task He was sent to do. We know that Jesus had a Divine entrance (through Mary) and a Divine exit (through the ascension). The writer of Hebrews calls Jesus the EXPRESS IMAGE. Jesus was the revelation to this world of God's Nature, God's Love, God's desire for a restored fellowship. What I see through Jesus is God's image.

1:2 in these last days he has spoken to us in a son,5 whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he created the world.6 1:3 The Son is7 the radiance of his glory and the representation of his essence, and he sustains all things by his powerful word,8 and so when he had accomplished cleansing for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.(Net Bible)

a son - The Greek puts an emphasis on the quality of God

• 3 weeks later...