JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

The attributes used by the author to describe the Son indicates He has the same attributes and charateristics as the Father, attributes that the Father did not share with any of His creations. This tells me that the Son is divine.

The roles the Son has in doing the Father's will according to these verses are the agent of creation, the sustainer and preserver of the universe and co-ruler.

B)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Q2. (Hebrews 1:2-3) What about the author's description of the Son makes you think that the Son described is himself divine? What role does the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses?

The Son has all the characteristics of God.

The Son

- is the spokesman of God (vs. 2)

- is the heir of all things (vs. 2)

- He made the world (vs. 2)

- is the express image of God's person (vs. 3)

- is upholding all things by the word of his power (vs. 3)

- sits at the right hand of God(vs. 3)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Q2. (Hebrews 1:2-3) What about the author's description of the Son makes you think that the Son described is himself divine? What role does the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses?

Jesus is the brightness of God's glory. He is a "clone" of God-express image of God

Jesus makes sure that all things go according to the word, and He, Himself obeyed that all-powerful word!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The six characteristics in these verses describe Him as divine

The role the Son have in doing the Father's will according to these verses tell us that He upheld all things by the word of his power. So to me, that means that whatever the Father asked of him to do he did

The phrase spells out what Jesus was the exact representation of, that is, God's essential nature.

He got the role of God the father.

• 2 months later...

Jesus Christ is divine because he has all the brightness of God's glory and his like his Father, God in all ways. Jesus role is that of Son because he did his Father's will by dying on the cross and then he sits at his Father's right side in Heaven.

• 2 months later...

If Christ is the EXACT representation of God, HE is divine as much as God is divine. He is not the reflection of God as we are. He is the same as God. His role as Sustainer, Author of the universe, etc. is far more than would be attributed to any mortal.

• 1 month later...

From the author's description of the Son, His divinity is shown most when he described Jesus as "the radiance of divine glory." This is because God said in Isaiah 42:8 "... I will not give my glory to another, ...." In doing the Father's will the Son's role is being the exact representation of God's being. This ensures the Father's will is done here on earth.

• 2 months later...

2. The Son is eternal, forever with universal dominion over all – everything and everyone. The Son is the brightness of God’s glory. He is the exact nature, image, and character of the Father. The Son is appointed by the Father as heir of ALL things which includes sustaining all things by His powerful word, provision of cleansing from our sins, sustaining and preserving the universe. He is superior and has higher rank over humans and angelic beings. He is at the Father’s Right Hand.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

[1.] God hath appointed him to be heir of all things. As God, he was equal to the Father; but, as God-man and Mediator, he was appointed by the Father to be the heir of all things, the sovereign Lord of all, the absolute disposer, director, and governor of all persons and of all things, Ps. 2:6, 7. All power in heaven and earth is given to him; all judgment is committed to him, Matt. 28:18; John 5:22. [2.] By him God made the worlds, both visible and invisible, the heavens and the earth; not as an instrumental cause, but as his essential word and wisdom. By him he made the old creation, by him he makes the new creature, and by him he rules and governs both. [3.] He upholds all things by the word of his power: he keeps the world from dissolving. By him all things consist. The weight of the whole creation is laid upon Christ: he supports the whole and all the parts. When, upon the apostasy, the world was breaking to pieces under the wrath and curse of God, the Son of God, undertaking the work of redemption, bound it up again, and established it by his almighty power and goodness. None of the ancient prophets sustained such an office as this, none was sufficient for it. the apostle having proved Christ to be superior to the angels by whose ministry the law was given, and therefore that the gospel dispensation must be more excellent than the legal, he now comes to apply this doctrine both by way of exhortation and argument.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Scripture certainly does describe the devine attributes of Jesus. I really don't know how to further answer this question as I am essentially a literalist. What I read in Scripture is, at least to me, the Word of God.

• 2 months later...

The author of Hebrews describes the "Son" of God with such definiteness that we are convinced who Jesus is by his words of truth, signs, miracles and exact representation of his father. That he was with the father for all of eternity.

The role of the "Son" of God has, in these verses done the father's will by the fact that the "Son" is the co-creator of all things and sits at the right hand of the father. Because he is the exact representation of the father, it is his role to perform and teach all that God the Father had told and showed him to do.     

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Son is the "Radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of God's being.  He is the sustainer and preserver of the universe.  Co-ruler of all things.  He was chosen to sit at the right hand side of the Majesty in Heaven.

• 4 weeks later...

Combining the six characteristics of Jesus described in Hebrews 1:2-3, we can ascertain the deity of the son. The brightness of God’s glory and being His exact image makes me think He is divine.

The son has a great role in doing the Father’s will. He was appointed by God to speak to us for God in these last days.

• 8 months later...

the father and the son are one. I don't think it, He said it and God's word is true. I believe it. Jesus is God in the flesh who was sent to earth to redeem man from sin, back to the Father who created him.  I know it sounds like and reads like two different persons to the unbeliever or someone who does not understand, but one has to read and study the word to know.  There are so many scriptures throughout  the bible that confirms this. God is a spirit but for man to be forgiven of sin, and because we are flesh, Jesus came in the flesh for us to see and believe.  It is thru him that we have a relationship with God the father. We don't have to understand it all, but we do have to believe and accept it as true. that is part of the condition of receiving eternal life. I read the word daily and study,  but have not been able to quote scripture from top of my head, I have to research to find where it is, but I know it's in there! (lolol)  God is not through with me yet!  I'm still working on it!